Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6018 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Act of Aggression Multiplayer Beta
4. Re: Act of Aggression Multiplayer Beta Jul 16, 2015, 15:30 SpectralMeat

I am sure there will be plenty of gameplay videos on youtube ones the beta is out, if not already.
I saw Raptor had a few video up on youtube including an interview with the devs.
The game looks good there's no doubt about it, but so did all their previous games.
Link to the Raptor vids

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Act of Aggression Multiplayer Beta
2. Re: Act of Aggression Multiplayer Beta Jul 16, 2015, 14:47 SpectralMeat

Awesome developer with great support of their games, free DLC etc., but unfortunately their main focus for all their previous games were on the MP.
With RTS games, I have zero interest in MP.
I'll keep an eye on this one but I won't be preordering. Probably grab it on sale after release

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
107. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 12:18 SpectralMeat

I am just glad I did not back this game with more than the minimum $35 or whatever it was. Clearly putting more money into the game won't make it come out sooner.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer
7. Re: Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer Jul 16, 2015, 09:24 SpectralMeat

siapnar wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 09:20:
nin wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 09:00:
Only played the second. Concept was great, but the driving was meh. Hopefully that's fixed.
The driving looks twice as arcadey this time around. Looks like they may having improved handling, but there doesn't seem to be much weight to the car
Yeah, thankfully you did not have to do much driving as parachuting around the map was way faster/more fun than any other form of transportation.
Or you could just hijack a chopper or airplane if you've preferred that.

The 3rd game looks like fun and I will probably grab it on sale down the road.
I don't put enough time into these open world games to justify the full asking price.

102. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 16, 2015, 08:27 SpectralMeat

Zandog wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 05:44:
B L U E S N E W S

I S

T O X I C
Feel free to stop reading the comments than.

74. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 14:25 SpectralMeat

Kxmode wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 13:47:
El Pit wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 13:42:
harlock wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 11:19:
ahh yes the RED TEXT.. the internet equivalent of clapping your hands rhythmically while youre yelling at someone.. you know, to emphasize the DRAMA

No, no, no. RED means STOP, and in this case RED means FACT. And we all know, when somebody says FACT!, then the discussion is over. You cannot win against FACT and even less vs. FACT!

Mothereffing rainbows! Smash Jester
You guys keep abusing the color usage Blue will switch the website back to monochrome!

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
27. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 15:05 SpectralMeat

Orogogus wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 14:49:
I think The Cave and most of the Lego games aren't split screen, everyone just shares a single screen.
The newer lego games (ones that came out in the last 3-4 years) are split screen
For Trine I think you have to coop on the same screen anyways, no need split screen for that.
Does Grid 2 have demo derby mode like Grid 1 had? That would be kick ass in split screen

21. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 14:18 SpectralMeat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 14:10:
They're just the games that have support. Splitscreen is unfortunately rare.
There are still a few good games that have split screen, like the Lego titles, Renegade Ops, The Cave, those are a few I usually play with the kids on the PC, but I agree it is not an over populated genre on the PC. Consoles do not have a crap tons of local coop games either. Can't remember if Portal 2 had split screen on the PC, I believe it had it on the console.

EA did the same with Garden Warfare only the console versions had split screen. Such an idiotic decision. Especially nowadays when the living room PCs are a lot more common than they were a few years ago. Local coop split screen games are great fun.

15. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 13:22 SpectralMeat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 13:07:
Not that I ever buy any EA games - I boycott them on principle.
I've heard Chris Roberts is teaming up with EA because he is running out of money and needed a publisher to finish Star Citizen

12. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 11:19 SpectralMeat

Julio wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:18:
3) Sometimes you just don't want to play multiplayer with people
Exactly
When you are tired and don't feel up to the task of competing against other players online, it's nice to just jump into the game with a lower difficulty setting bots and just stomp them because that is all you want to do.
It's great to have bots for games like these but sadly less and less developers care about that because online MP is the shits these days.
There are still some games that have bots like CS GO, Insurgency, some CoD titles, UT.
I used to enjoy just jump into a UT game against highest difficulty bots and just run and gun for 10-15 minutes to let some steam out at the end of the day.

4. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 09:33 SpectralMeat

Plants vs Zombies garden warfare was the same, no split screen on the PC only on consoles.
Not sure why EA cuts features from the PC versions of games.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - F1 2015
10. Re: Ship Ahoy - F1 2015 Jul 14, 2015, 08:29 SpectralMeat

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 09:06:
There's no excuse when the previous games support it. All they have to do is not break it.
As far as I know they are using a new game/graphics engine for this title, this is the first F1 title on "next gen" consoles, so that may explains the reason why SLI worked in previous titles and not in this one.

With that said I am hearing a lot of issues with the PC version. I'd hold on with the purchase and maybe grab this on sale down the line.
The console versions work fine though.

News Comments > Leaked Hitman Footage
1. Re: Leaked Hitman Footage Jul 13, 2015, 12:26 SpectralMeat

Video was taken down  

News Comments > Into the Stars Early Access
26. Re: Into the Stars Early Access Jul 10, 2015, 14:29 SpectralMeat

Drayth wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 12:44:
Again..
A full on play through of the game, combat included.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDuQChjF_vI
Thanks I'll check it out.

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
131. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 10:46 SpectralMeat

Drayth wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 10:10:
Can't go by when he created his account.
Yeah many of us are here since the beginning of times, just did not create an account until later. I was reading and visiting Blues every single day for a long time before I created an account also.

57. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 13:51 SpectralMeat

That's a long freakin time to wait man  

30. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 11:54 SpectralMeat

Deathhead wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 11:52:
And to add to what Derek is saying... if you're already invested and want out, see if your package is worth selling on the gray market. You may even be able to turn a profit if you have a decent LTI ship.

I sold my Scout LTI package today, so I'm happy with that. Tripled my "investment".
I wonder how long before they will crack down on these sales because you know Mr Roberts doesn't see a single cent from these sales!!

7. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 10:36 SpectralMeat

edaciousx wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 10:32:
I haven't been following closely but I'm getting a little annoyed at how long this is taking.
Oh we are still very far off of anything that can be called finished.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2015, 10:42.

News Comments > New FlatOut Game Announced
11. Re: New FlatOut Game Announced Jul 8, 2015, 16:24 SpectralMeat

I didn't play any MP at all. Usually playing against the Ai in demo derbies and races. Kids and I are having a blast playing it, but like I said I haven't checked it out in a while.
Not sure how much SP they can add to a racing game.
Those screenshots do look pretty bad though, wtf

News Comments > New FlatOut Game Announced
9. Re: New FlatOut Game Announced Jul 8, 2015, 15:18 SpectralMeat

DangerDog wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 15:09:
Next Car Game seems to be stuck in development hell, they just released an overhaul of their engine and the visuals took a pretty big step backwards.
It did? I haven't checked it out in a while but I did see the e-mail about changing the engine.
Well that sucks

6018 Comments. 301 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo