Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 4840 (Master)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
11. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 19, 2014, 22:04 SpectralMeat

Funny how he says we should not make the same decision again.
I don't think he can make any decisions. He does what the publisher tells him to do. If his next game will be funded and published by EA he can make all kinds of decisions it will still be an Origin only game, and won't be sold on Steam.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
257. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 21:58 SpectralMeat

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 19:36:
Ever notice how your sights start randomly spiraling around? Chaff.

Ahh so that's what that was. I was wondering why my guns did that.
I thought maybe my evasive manuevering got them sick or something.

Also I was reasing the latest newsletter and saw they added the option to turn off those planetary rings for better ......... Wait for it. .......... IMMERSION !!!!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 19, 2014, 16:28 SpectralMeat

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 16:22:
Neither of the consoles has the muscle for VR. Oculus Rift is sitting at 75fps/1080p and still isn't considered good enough for commercial release.

The worst part is when the console version sucks, the generally ignorant population will assume the pc version is just as nauseating and won't bother with it. I constantly, still, run into people who think consoles are WAY more powerful than a pc, because they saw a game run on their friend's shitty $400 laptop and it was terrible.
Yeah some people are just to ignorant to even waste any energy on them to explain why PC gaming is better. Let them think whatever they want, or whatever Pachter tells them as "facts"

239. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 16:24 SpectralMeat

yuastnav wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 16:17:
I didn't really find the Anaconda mission in singleplayer. Do you have to do the others before you can do this one?
At the time when I did it (beta 1) yes I've had to do the previous ones in order to "unlock" that one.
It was an anaconda and 2 or 3 smaller ships together.
If I remember correctly I've had 2 wingmen with me.
We were flying in Sidewinders.
I am not sure if that is still in the game or not, it was when I first got it.

237. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 16:16 SpectralMeat

Pretty good ship comparison chart here: http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Ships  

235. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 15:39 SpectralMeat

Lorcin wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 15:21:
This time I'm sticking with my viper with 0 cargo space :)
I was thinking of doing the same with my Viper.
Currently running it without fuel scoop so that I can have the docking computer.
Not that I've had any issues docking myself but this is so much more convenient and sometimes quicker too.

The Cobra however is a better ship imo
Hence the cost of almost 3X the Viper

231. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 13:38 SpectralMeat

Good to know thanks for the info Vall  

229. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 12:49 SpectralMeat

Flying around last night scanning people in super cruise I saw a guy called Chris Roberts flying a Sidewinder with a wanted status.

Speaking of Chris Roberts
From the latest Elite Dangerous newsletter:

Greetings Citizens

I would like to congratulate David Braben and the entire team at Frontier Developments on this weekís launch of Elite: Dangerous. I have been a supporter of the Elite reboot since day one, and am thrilled to see it become a reality. Iím looking forward to taking a little bit of time off of Star Citizen during the holidays and firing up the finished version of E:D.

I know that many Star Citizen backers imagine there to be an intense competition between our game and Elite, but nothing could be further from the truth. David and I promoted each otherís projects during our respective crowd funding periods because we both believe that the world is better off with more PC games and even better off with more space games. In the nineties there was plenty of room for multiple Space Sims and there is no reason that still canít be the case now! Iíve always maintained that we arenít a success if we just make a game; part of the reason that I came back from film was to build a game in a genre I loved and hopefully remind people how amazing it is to lose yourself in another universe, adventuring amongst the stars. So rather than be worried about Elite or No Manís Sky, I welcome them. Itís been a long time coming but Space Sims are finally getting the love they deserve. And whatís been more amazing is that itís been a grass roots movement. It hasnít been driven by a big publisher seeking to pad their profits but by gamers and developers that love the genre and wanted to return to the kind of games that captured their imagination when they were younger.

Star Citizen is taking a different path from Elite, and I strongly believe each game will have a distinct feelÖ and both can exist and flourishÖ but Iíd like to think that both projects have benefited from each otherís public development! I would encourage anyone who loves space sims to take a look at Elite: Dangerous. The team at Frontier has done incredible work, and thereís a fascinating universe for pilots to explore. I have fond memories of playing the original Elite on my BBC Micro many years agoÖ and Iím very pleased that a new generation of gamers will get to have exactly that experience today.

ó Chris Roberts

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2014, 12:54.

227. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 10:48 SpectralMeat

I don't remember seeing cargo racks bigger than 4 either.
Yeah the Type 6 maybe a better way to go, but I'd still try mining first to see if it's worth the investment.

225. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 09:59 SpectralMeat

I think I will get a hauler and set it up for mining. Mining with the Cobra just seems so wrong lol
I wanted to get a hauler to run transport missions anyways to take a bit of a brake from the combat.

223. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 09:10 SpectralMeat

Check your standings with factions and try to find stations controlled by those factions you have higher standings with. You will be offered a lot more and higher paying jobs there.
With that said the missions on the market constantly changing. If you do not see any missions you like go to your outfitting page or wait a few minutes and check it again. I think the missions refresh like every few minutes.

I am making money by nav points killing pirates. Not many missions can beat making nearly 100,000CR per hour.
Of course you need some luck and pay for ship repairs sometimes but still, far more profitable than missions in early game.

Ones my Viper is all upgraded I will probably do some missions and discovering, but I love the system I am in at the moment.
The nav point is pretty much right next to the station with outfitting and ship yard

News Comments > Game Reviews
19. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2014, 08:15 SpectralMeat

InBlack wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 02:17:
Last night RL got in the way of another session with Elite. Tonight Im hanging out with my girlfriend, which is nice but still...Oh damn you Real Life! Damn You!!! *shakes fist in air*
lol
I know the feeling, my weekend is going to be like that.
I am already thinking about what to cancel so I can play

221. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 08:13 SpectralMeat

Oh I also figured out why the cops and some "clean" ships become red as I blast away pirates.
Kill stealing apparently piss them off!

There was a pirate the cops were shooting up and I got in killed him and got the bounty. The cops were yellow before then turned to red after I killed the pirate. A minute later a cop started shooting at me but I ignored it. After a few shots he stopped, but stayed red.

Sure but if the cops steal my kill I can't do nothing but sit there and curse lol

220. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 19, 2014, 07:21 SpectralMeat

Picked up a Viper last night. Holy freaking shit this thing is a beast!
Best engine sounds ever!
It is not strafing as good as other smaller ships but ones I line it up everything dies in front of it muhahahaha
Had to get used to the weapons on the bottom of the ship can not fire at enemies that are slighhtly above me so I have to rotate around.
Have the lasers on the top and chainguns on the bottom.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
18. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 18, 2014, 15:09 SpectralMeat

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 14:55:
To everyone hoping for a DAI sale, here's some breaking (maybe literally BWAAHAHA ) news:

The game is not even being sold on Steam. It's an EA game. Origin only. Stop hoping for a DAI sale on Steam. It won't happen. Not this year at least.
Maybe GreenManGaming will have it on sale.
Their sale prices (when combined with coupons) tends to be better than Steam or Origin anyways.

204. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 14:41 SpectralMeat

Yeah I agree they should have been upfront about the offline mode much sooner. It causes no issues for me and probably 90% of the other people who supported them, but it did hurt their reputation and will hunt them forever unfortunately.  

199. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 13:58 SpectralMeat

I have TrackIR, but my ship (Adder) doesn't have a very good visibility out the windshield. I miss the Sidewinder in that regard. Can't wait to get a Viper  

13. Re: Game Reviews Dec 18, 2014, 13:54 SpectralMeat

Flatline wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 13:48:
The people bitching about the time super cruise takes don't really understand how mind-bogglingly huge space is. As I pointed out in the official forum, when you're hauling ass out to one of the 10,000 LS (or in alpha centauri, where it's like 1.8 million light seconds between stars in super cruise) you top out at over 1600 times the speed of light.
One of the systems I am playing around right now and have a proper space station with shipyard is 120,000Ls away from the star.

196. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 13:49 SpectralMeat

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 13:42:
Hope this helps others!
Thanks that does help.
I've been trying to master the art of refueling for a while now.
So far I got to the point of skim the surface until my heat gets to 120% than fly away from the star than turn around and take another pass and try to curve around the star just to stay at a distance where my heat meter doesn't move up, but ones it does I fly away again.
I think 130% is where you start taking damage from heat.

11. Re: Game Reviews Dec 18, 2014, 13:45 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2014, 13:29:
I pretty much agree with your point ,) To each their own and yes, I think I went a bit over the top with my last line. My post was just about how absurd that comparison in the review was. Even if you like the game, you have to agree it is absolutely NOTHING like Skyrim or GTA 5 and that is exactly why some people like it and some don't.

Sorry if I sounded antagonistic.. enjoy the game if you like it. And you can still reserve a place to laugh at me should SC turn out to be a complete disaster. ^^

I admit I backed SC exclusively for Squadron 42, whatever falls off the wagon aside that.. is bonus. So I guess I am really not the target audience of this game
No worries, that is why I said Elite isn't for everyone.
To each their own.
The better Elite gets the more pressure on Chris Roberts to deliver a kick ass game, and us gamers benefit from it.

4840 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo