Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SpectralMeat

Real Name SpectralMeat   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SpectralMeat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 4, 2002, 23:39
Total Comments 6017 (Guru)
User ID 14225

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > "Do or Die" for Frozenbyte
4. Re: Aug 27, 2015, 10:55 SpectralMeat

Tbh the whole garbage can background setup and the dumping of the poster was just to add a bit of a comedy to the video. I am sure there are far better places to shoot this like maybe in their office? But this was a setup for a reason. At least that's what I think.
I don't think too many developer would do this, so kudos for them.
I will grab Trine 3 down the road, but I have way too many games to play as is

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > "Do or Die" for Frozenbyte
1. Re: Aug 27, 2015, 10:14 SpectralMeat

I feel bad for these guys. The previous Trine games were fantastic. Hope they can get Trine 3 sorted.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2015, 10:25.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins Aug 26, 2015, 14:21 SpectralMeat

I actually liked the last CoD game but it is not popular at all on Steam. It's a fun run and gun shooter nothing more.
Watched some gameplay of this "beta" on youtube, and it doesn't look like something I'd spend much (or any) money on.
I will check out the beta but with the limited game time I have these days I'd rather play a game I don't feel like wasting my time while playing.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
19. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 12:35 SpectralMeat

Task wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 12:17:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:58:
There's an hour long gameplay video that PCGamer put up today

Can't view at the moment. Is this gameplay of the D:OS1 Director Cut or actual demo footage of D:OS2?
Pre Alpha build of D:OS2
Here is the news story that goes with the video

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 10:58 SpectralMeat

There's an hour long gameplay video that PCGamer put up today  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
27. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 26, 2015, 09:06 SpectralMeat

I like BF, but the problem with it is it requires team work, and good luck with that if play with random peeps online.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins Aug 26, 2015, 08:57 SpectralMeat

I got a pop up message on Steam last night that because I've played a previous CoD game I can check out the beta. I did not preorder it so *shrug
Why not.

News Comments > DiRT Rally Patch Adds Competitive Multiplayer
2. Re: DiRT Rally Patch Adds Competitive Multiplayer Aug 26, 2015, 08:09 SpectralMeat

I've just picked this game up yesterday but Steam decided to do a server maintenance at like 7PM so I couldn't download it.
Looking forward to give it a whirl

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 10:23 SpectralMeat

It's nice to see support and free content update for this game still, even though there is a newer BF game is out and another comes in a few months. It's not something we see often these days with AAA titles.  

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
14. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 25, 2015, 08:47 SpectralMeat

Way too much money for a free to play game.
I've used to play this religiously every night, when it was first available to beta test, but kind of got bored of it.
I'll check it out again and see all the changes but I doubt I will be dropping any kinds of money like that for cards.
If someone plays this seriously every night or whatever I can see the cost being justified

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
51. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 13:50 SpectralMeat

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 13:38:
I'm not picking a side on this and my reply has little, if anything, to do with SC, but a contractor can't refund time lost.
I am not picking sides either just pointing out how ridiculous Derek's claims sound.

In the example Cutter brought up if the contractor refund all your money you can I guess still take him to court suing for time lost if you can prove that this has caused some sort of damages to you financially or otherwise.

In case of Star Citizen?
Good luck with that one.

30. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 12:21 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 12:20:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 11:47:
Derek says: "Finally, in this legal action that I have now initiated, note that I havenít asked for anything that benefits me in any, way, shape or form. This is not, and never was, about me nor my game."
So regardless of him not being financially invested in this project anymore, Derek and his lawyer(s) doing this because........ reasons

That sounds pretty ridiculous.

No, because they had already failed to meet the requirements of the agreement they initially agreed upon. It's like your contractor telling you it'll take a year to reno your house and a year later you haven't seen any real work being done. Contracts exist for myriad reasons. This being a prime example of that.
Even if the contractor refunds all your money?

23. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 11:47 SpectralMeat

Derek says: "Finally, in this legal action that I have now initiated, note that I havenít asked for anything that benefits me in any, way, shape or form. This is not, and never was, about me nor my game."
So regardless of him not being financially invested in this project anymore, Derek and his lawyer(s) doing this because........ reasons

That sounds pretty ridiculous.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
23. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 20, 2015, 07:28 SpectralMeat

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 03:41:
I absolutely loved Supreme Commander. While it had issues in version 1.00 they did a great job fixing most of them in subsequent updates. SupCom FA turned out great and polished. SupCom 2 was consolified garbage though.

So would you guys recommend PA:T considering I really liked SupCom 1?? Can the two be compared?

Yep I feel the same way about SC and I own PA. In my opinion you wouldn't like it. Maybe try it on a free weekend, or check out the unofficial "demo" and if you like it grab it when it goes on sale for a few bucks

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 19, 2015, 21:11 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 19:07:
Odd choice to nix splitscreen gaming for the campaign. Just played Renegade Ops campaign splitscreen with my son and we had a blast.
Yep, great game to play in local coop.

12. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 19, 2015, 15:48 SpectralMeat

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 15:42:
This is kind of side question:

Did they ever talk about making a ground control 3? at first i thought planetary annihilation was ground control 2 but looking at it I realized that I wasn't thinking of the right game.

Ground Control was developed by different people.
They are owned by Ubisoft and recently developed Far Cry 3
Wiki

10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 19, 2015, 15:37 SpectralMeat

I've logged in last night and the game was telling me to buy it for 66% off.
I'll check again tonight but in Steam if I go to the Titans page it doesn't show that I own it.
Yet I am getting the e-mail updates from kickstarter so I am pretty sure I am an original kickstarter backer.

8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 19, 2015, 15:32 SpectralMeat

I am an original kickstarter backer and never got the key for this. The e-mail I got said login to my PlayFab account to see the key, there is nothing on that page not even my PA key.
Good job Uber

I didn't care for PA so I won't even bother e-mailing them about this.

2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Planetary Annihilation: TITANS Aug 19, 2015, 14:24 SpectralMeat

meh  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 19, 2015, 13:06 SpectralMeat

Too bad, I'd love to see that game made  

6017 Comments. 301 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo