Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for dr foxy

Real Name dr foxy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 3, 2002, 17:15
Total Comments 2 (Suspect)
User ID 14183

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > UT2003 Demo Definitely This Week (Maybe)
85. Just a few things Sep 11, 2002, 06:16 dr foxy

on topic and on off topic.

If you read any of the Q+As that mark rein does you'll know that he normally gets asked about 10 times when the demo's going to be out.

Recently they've been saying 'it's more than two weeks away, and we'll tell you when we see light at the end of the tunnel' and now we have that light at the end of the tunnel.

And people are whining about it and being skeptical. it isn't like they'd said it's out last monday and it wasn't. basically, when it's out, how long we've had to wait for it will become irrelevant. if it's good, it's good. end of story.

assualt i liked, but it wasn't popular and it got cut. i liked the ripper too. the unreal games have always tried new stuff out in each game, and the less popular stuff doesn't always make the cut. i'm just happy that mine and other peoples complaints about the goo gun was heard.

i guess enough people made a case for that.

but the upside is, we get new things to play like bombing run and double domination. and new weapons... so while some of their more 'out there' ideas aren't making repeat showings. we get new ones.

i mean the games a 3 gig install. throw in assualt and some maps... well you know what i mean right?

to tangent off to nestle and baby milk... what nestle did was to give free baby milk to the hospitals and encourage them to use it. so the new born babies were being bottle fed free milk.

but if a baby starts out bottle feeding it's hard to encourage them to breast feed. so the mothers had to buy nestle baby milk, couldn't always afford the powder *and* clean water and so some weren't using the cleanest water. and the babies weren't get passive immunity on things... so what was passes off as charitable (giving baby milk to hospitals) actually increased their revenue and led to an increase in child deaths. couldn't give you the figures, but making some more money over a few dead infants, however few, is inexcuseable.

what i *don't* know is if this still goes on. stories like this often outlast the practices. it might still be happening, it might not. but it *did* happen.

foxy

ps. got an editorial up about unlimited saves on 3D Action Planet today. I'd appreciate the usual whining and bickering in feedback

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New 40-Series Win2K/XP Detonator Drivers
43. To everyone having problems... Sep 3, 2002, 13:16 dr foxy

here's what i did. *advanced users only*

since detonater destroyer doesn't work on win xp (for me at least, i went into the system 32 directory of windows xp, and *moved* (yes moved) all the files starting nv into a temporary folder, along withn nwiz.exe.

i believe i got a file open error, but i just left the file that was open, and moved the rest across fine.

I then reinstalled the drivers and now the geforce 3 tab works fine.

yay.

*don't* delete those .dlls though until you're sure your system is fine. if it isn't, move any ones that anything asks for bac.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo