Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for quazz

Real Name quazz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 3, 2002, 00:12
Total Comments 421 (Amateur)
User ID 14170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deee-luxe?
2. No subject Sep 24, 2004, 00:19 quazz

In other world, HL:Source and random crap. Since CS:Source is also with the normal edition (although I would personally place it in the "random crap" category...).
Who's going to pay an extra 25$ for a remake of HL?

edit: Before anyone ask, the DoD port as been delayed to whenever they feel like it (yes, you know what it means). I'm guessing it's the same thing with everything else I forgot about since it's not mentionned here. And some people still wonder why I haven't payed for a computer game in years...

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 00:21.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dungeon Lords Beta
20. Re: reason for 3rd person Sep 23, 2004, 17:52 quazz

I beleive it is VERY equivilent to Diablo where you can play SP by yourself or join up to 7 other people with co-op, you know, that game type that us PC Gamers don't like.
Speak for yourself, I like this system.
I'm guessing this is related to iD not including coop in Doom3 because PC gamers "don't want it". You know, sarcasm.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 17:52.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Demo
28. Re: Apologies to Neil Hymen Sep 19, 2004, 12:52 quazz

So is the last half of Doom 3 any better then the first half?
No, but the last 25% of the game is.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: The Sims 2
10. Re: Here you go Sep 17, 2004, 11:26 quazz

The Sims is to other role playing games what dolls are to action figures. That is, they're basically the same, the one just features more violence and thus is more easily accepted among a male audience. Though actually The Sims is rather more like Lego than dolls as such.
Story?
not worth it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Release Candidate
12. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2004, 19:49 quazz

Oh look at me, I'm the only one allowed to have an opinion and if you don't share it, then you're wrong.

I hate the internet.

On another note, for once it seems they were actually able to do what they said. Impressive.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance SP Demo
22. What the hell was this? Sep 10, 2004, 20:06 quazz

And I thought they actually bothered to make a real single player game. I just don't see why they would make such a demo when gameplay video showed something much closer to an actual single player game (especially since this doesn't seem much like the first level of a game (lacking any kind of introduction to the story, although it could come later)). Let's hope the full thing is better and this demo is not representative of the SP campaign.

News Comments > Quake IV Details Soon
15. Re: wowie zowie Sep 9, 2004, 00:03 quazz

Quake IV will be unlike any other FPS ever made. You'll have to kill wave after wave of evil enemies with progressively deadlier weapons, culminating in a final showdown with a big bad bossman.
Seems like an interesting concept, but I'm not sure if they're willing to take such a risk.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Status
21. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2004, 12:25 quazz

While most store could end up accepting getting the game later, none of them would ever get it has no publisher would ever agree to sign up with Valve under suck condition.

And one thing his obvious, it's that this has already been established a year ago when Valve went with VU. And no publisher would agree to publish a game if they were playing a catchup game. And Valve needs them.

It's not comming out early on steam, and seeing how some people got a [legit] copy of DOOM3 days before the official release (and it wasn't even a worldwide release), the first to play it will have bought it trough a retail chain (although steam is probably the best way to get it at midnight on the release day, if you really care).

My month old late october/early November still holds...

News Comments > Dragon Empires Slain
19. Re: The equiv to the .com bust Sep 3, 2004, 19:45 quazz

I don't think I can stand playing any more WoW. I was expecting something closer to an action RPG like Diablo, but it's the same old boring MMO crap. They didn't even try to improve it. I played Lineage2 for a few weeks in the open beta, but this won't even last a week on my hard drive (I'll probably try to start a new game as a "not from the horde" race before giving up).

News Comments > MoH: Pacific Assault Demo
42. Re: Meh Sep 3, 2004, 17:49 quazz

Well, that was a nice slideshow. I guess I slected detail level to high, but when you option are as precise as "post-processing effet" (what the hell is that supposed to mean?)...

Oh, while enjoying my abysmal framerate, I found out that standing in the open for 30 seconds doesn't get you shot (in the "they didn't even try to shoot me" kinda way). By the way, rushing them and hitting with your weapon is more effective then shooting them. Let's try this again with low/low details...

and no options menu to change my controls. weak.
Top left corner of your keyboard. Try it.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 17:50.

News Comments > More Half-Life 2 Preloads
13. Re: gaben wasn't his password Sep 3, 2004, 00:31 quazz

If the hacker (or cracker, if you prefer) admitted to hacking/cracking his password, he'd be in for a lot more trouble than the simple guessing of a password
It's a password on a public message board (from some random fansite), no one is anal enough to bring this in court.

there's just no way to 'check' what a person's password is unless you ask the person for it
What about trying to login with that password? gee, that was hard.

What will you poor people do once the game is actually OUT?
Bitch about the actual game? That one was even easier.

News Comments > WoW Stress Test Tomorrow
60. Re: Stress test issues: Sep 2, 2004, 18:25 quazz

Just played for a little over an hour. Dammit, even Lineage 2 was better then this. Not only does it look like a 4 years old game [graphicaly], it gameplay is just a boring. It's quest based! Sure, but every quest is kill 10 xxx or 20 yyy. Either that or camp some boss that 20 players are trying to kill at the same time (atleast you can form quest teams, so it's only a few group of player trying to kill it). Or even better, go pick up 10 cactus apple. Yes, you get the fun of racing other player to a fucking cactus. You don't even get the "fun" of killing something! There isn't even the illusion of a fight!!! Progress quest was better then this crap.

It better get better soon enough or I won't even bother playing for 7 days.

News Comments > Ghost Recon 2 Delay
13. Re: Hmm Sep 1, 2004, 00:45 quazz

And another thing, did anyone consult North Korea on this?
The short answer is; they're pissed off, but Ubisoft doesn't give a shit.

News Comments > WoW Testing Sign-ups Open
54. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2004, 18:26 quazz

How big is this damn download? It was too large for Firefox to know its size (!) and overran all 4.1gb of my free space before it stopped because my drive was full!
2.3 gig

News Comments > WoW Testing Sign-ups Open
48. Re: Just so I'm clear.... Aug 29, 2004, 17:13 quazz

They didn't put up the 100000 keys at once. They gave them away in a few pools. So new keys will keep being available. They didn't reach 100000 keys yet. Keep trying.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 = Fool's Gold
42. Re: Laugh all you want... Aug 28, 2004, 19:00 quazz

You know this means its coming sooner rather than later....
erm... no. It actually means nothing.

I came close to being wrong when I said a September release date was very optimistic (and unrealistic). But I was right afterall! ah!

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance - Release & Demo Soon
22. Re: It's only a one week exclusive Aug 28, 2004, 15:20 quazz

Because it's not a only a multiplayer shooter. It also include a real single player game (with a story and all that).

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 15:21.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
2. Re: Pretty Cool Aug 28, 2004, 03:19 quazz

HL2 to go gold on Monday by the way : http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4221&st=0&#entry76575

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preloads Steam Ahead
68. Re: The Steam release could be weeks prior Aug 27, 2004, 04:40 quazz

Didn't Valve want to do have a single worldwide release date? Look at Doom 3.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preloads Steam Ahead
65. Re: The Steam release could be weeks prior Aug 27, 2004, 04:34 quazz

The Steam release could be weeks prior to the retail release. So with a retail date of 11/1,
No. There's absolutely no way any publisher would've agreed to release a game in store weeks after an online release. It won't be available on steam as long as it's not in store (or atleast shipped to store).

There's also the possibility that the game as already been sent to Vivendi and the game could go gold anytime now. Wich would give you a late September release date. But that being very, very, optimistic. October seems more likely (and early November wouldn't be surprising at all).
edit: Of course, that's all uninformed bullshit (the second part of the post).

edit2: grammar and such. editing actually works fine now. wow!
This comment was edited on Aug 27, 04:41.

421 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo