Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for quazz

Real Name quazz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 3, 2002, 00:12
Total Comments 421 (Amateur)
User ID 14170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > More Game Movies
7. Re: New? May 12, 2004, 15:53 quazz

Anyone else totally underwhelmed by the new HL2 video?
Yeah. It looks like they made it up at the last second. Gameplay showed in the second half of the video is generic. And the rest of the trailer is probably meant to "wow" us with it,s graphics. And it would've worked if we were ... in 2003.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alienware's Video Array
13. Re: Question May 12, 2004, 15:33 quazz

If you're talking about the same thing I can remember, it was an anandtech preview about a new [unknown] video card manufacturer that tryed to make cheaper videocard by using two GPU. And well, let's just say I haven't read anything new about it in a long, long while (IIRC, weren't there product supposed to hit shelves early this year? But I'm really not sure on this.).

It's rather simple, they can't do much more with current tech. Look at the CPU market in the last few months. We're not seeing new CPU with an additionnal 100Mhz hit the shelves every months anymore.

This comment was edited on May 12, 15:34.

News Comments > Postal 2 Add-on
6. Re: People actually *bought* the origina May 12, 2004, 13:46 quazz

This and Hitman Contracts are 2 of the worst games I have ever played.
I call bullshit on this one.

Sure it sucked, but lying is bad.

News Comments > F.E.A.R.
31. Re: Well... May 12, 2004, 03:23 quazz

There's a small 30 seconds video of it on fileplanet. Looks interesting. It might even be a good game if they manage to get a good story.

But I must say this; first person combat (you can see yourself doing a "jump kick" in the teaser trailer). what the fuck

News Comments > Guild Wars E3 Demo Launches
43. Re: No subject May 11, 2004, 13:49 quazz

Started happening after the last "patch". I think it's because everyone needs the same version of the game to group.

42. Re: No subject May 11, 2004, 13:49 quazz

Startied happening after the last "patch". I think it's because everyone needs the same version of the game to group.

30. Re: wow. May 11, 2004, 04:53 quazz

I've been playing for the past... oh shit, it's 4:40 am.

-PvP is actually fun. Since gamemode are your avarege FPS gamemode, the game really needs a scoreboard (especially in CTF). Other then that... well, let's say that I didn't really see the last few hours pass. Oh, and they need to be more consistent with reward. On some PvP mission, you'll get "fame points" for suceeding, on other you'll get nothing.
-for the big PvE quest, they really need to had some kind of saving system. Checkpoint would be perfect for this game (and I hate checkpoint). Just so we could respawn in the mission with your current group. We were far along mission 2 (2nd trebuchet) and we lost. Getting back there is an hour of gameplay, the first half I had already done 2 other times.

It's obviously still an alpha (and for those in alpha testing, try to remember what you read in the next few days and pass it on to the devs).

13. Re: No subject May 11, 2004, 01:23 quazz

It's fun.

But I can't say I'm impressed. Sure it has good graphics. But the gameplay itself is generic. It's nothing you've never seen before, even if it does nicely what it does. Unfortunate that you're locked at level 15 in the E3 beta though (even if you can "level up" [you'll get skill points, but you'll remain level 15]).

I was probably expecting to much. Still it's a good game, but it won't make me spend most of those 3 (well, looks like it'll be 5 now) days playing the game as I expected.

And as tiesto said, no monthly fees. They'll make money trough expention packs every 6 months and since most mission you'll be very few players (the first two in the beta are 4 players mission although some PvP mission can have upto 48 or 64 players).

On the upside, it has a bunch of huge mini-boss. On the downside, the GUI is awful and lacks option and/or documentation (I clicked on a huge "1" in the map that poped-up a small descrition of the area that "1" was referring to. The only button I could use in this window was "OK" (and a "X" in the upper left corner of the window). Apparently, that made me leave my quest, teleport back to town and leave my party. Well, fuck I say. It should have told me what it was going to do and asked me to confirm. Still beta obviously, but some people really need to learn the basics of UI ergonomics.)

News Comments > Dear Diaries
4. Re: Thief and stealth May 9, 2004, 23:58 quazz

FarCry idea's of thief is a mixed bag.
At the very beginning of the game, there's a boat that'll shot rocket at you as soon as it sees you. I've waited for one minute undetected before making a move and when I did it, I was over 500m from that boat standing behind a tree and a bush crouching. And most of my body was hidden behind a hill. But every time, they saw me. And they didn't have binoculars either.

Pissed me off. Haven't played the game since. And I know the easiest way trough would probably to take a car and drive pass them as fast as I can (or go around the island somehow). But there's no logic reason why I can't do it. Fucking AI perfect sight.

News Comments > Monolith Screenshot
78. Re: If its really a NOLF game... May 8, 2004, 14:17 quazz

You people should know better then to trust C&VG (for those that did)...

And while the tagline is undeniably stupid, it'll make you read atleast a preview when E3 comes.

38. Re: No subject May 7, 2004, 23:13 quazz

Scripted? How exactly can you tell one way or the other from a... say it with me... screenshot? Seriously.
I don't know that it's scripted, but I'd bet it is. Releasing a teaser screenshot is nice when a screenshot can something interesting or that seems atleast new.

What this screenshot tells me is that this is the best they could come up with to impress me (wich graphically looks good, but in no way outstanding). And they failed at that. Either way, as I said, it's way too early to come up with -even- an opinion about the game. I'm only saying that my first impression is "bah".

edit: Actually, it's more of a "bleh"

This comment was edited on May 7, 23:13.

28. Re: No subject May 7, 2004, 21:51 quazz

Pretty swanky.
Pretty scripted too.

That screenshot just showed that this will be yet-another-FPS. Wich doesn't mean it's going to be a bad game, but it most certainly tells you it'll be everything but memorable (or worth buying).

Of course, we'll need to wait untill E3 before we actually kow anything about it. And to be told the game's release date is Christmas 2004 AKA Summer 2005.

This comment was edited on May 7, 21:52.

News Comments > Return of the Prince
31. Re: No subject May 6, 2004, 23:17 quazz

4/19/04 to 4/25/04 best selling games (in the US)

1 Battlefield Vietnam
2 Far Cry
3 Unreal Tournament 2004
4 Drop!
5 The Sims Deluxe
6 Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
7 Age of Mythology
8 Call of Duty
9 Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection
10 251 Collector's Edition

and for UK

1 Hitman: Contracts
2 Hitman: Contracts
3 TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator
4 Sonic Heroes
5 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
6 James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing
7 England International Football
8 World Championship Rugby
9 FIFA Soccer 2004
10 LMA Manager 2004

Yes, Hitman is number 1 and 2. Blame gamespot.
MP games sell much more in the US and a lot less in the UK. Or maybe it's just this week.

A little farther back and you get

Best-selling PC games for the week of December 28, 2003 to January 3, 2004:

Rank / Title / Publisher / Average Price
1 / Call of Duty / Activision / $41
2 / The Sims: Makin' Magic / EA / $29
3 / The Sims Deluxe / EA / $20
4 / Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection / Microsoft / $28
5 / The Sims Double Deluxe / EA / $40
6 / Age of Mythology / Microsoft / $34
7 / The Sims: Superstar / EA / $28
8 / The Sims: Unleashed* / EA / $29
9 / The Sims: Hot Date* / EA / $29
10 / Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic* / LucasArts / $29

Sure, you'd need a much better analysis to draw real conclusion. But atleast you can see that neither of the genre (MP or SP) as a real advantage over the other. On the upside, The Sims are loosing ground. Wich can only be good for PC gaming as a whole

News Comments > Return of the Prince
9. Re: Sweet! May 6, 2004, 14:10 quazz

The monster respawning did make as much sense as it needed to in this universe. And the fight system was good enough IMO since it wasn't the main focus of the game. It was a little limited though since you were barely able to do more then 5 or 6 move, but since there are so few battles (compared to other games) I didn't really care. I only had problems with the first few fights untill I understood how to properly block and avoid ennemy hits. When you got that, every fight was extremely easy. By the way, I was using a PS2-like controller.

It's one of the best game of 2003 (actually, it makes my top 3 along with Gothic2 and KOTOR).

News Comments > City of Heroes Live
64. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2004, 00:03 quazz

You're saying that to the guy that never payed for a MMO (although I will soon) mr. official forum troll.

61. No subject Apr 28, 2004, 23:29 quazz

You dont get anywhere in any game. No game have points and none will change your ...

Oh! and why the hell do I even bother? screw you guys, I'll have fun playing what ever the hell I want and forget about all of you stupid fucks that can't accept it.

21. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2004, 14:50 quazz

5-10$ a month is what it cost them to maintain the server (and add minimal non-expantion pack content and some rare GM events). They'll make some profit with the rest.

Think of every other MP game you. And now make every server you join have a password a proper fee to join them. You're looking at almost 5$ per month (a battlefield server from EA cost 8$ per slot). It's not hard to figure out why it cost more for a MMORPG (most content is run server side, so there's more bandwith and more CPU power needed, as well as hard drive space. Add frequent backup of data, etc.)

8. Re: Resisting urge... Apr 28, 2004, 11:52 quazz

Screw Korea (no really, why would I care? our IPs are blocked from there server), it's NA[/EU] sucess that matters. It's how populated the server I could (read: could. I'll never waste money on that game after playing in open beta) play on will be.

The problem with the game is not PvP IMO (actually, PvP and the later high end content related to it are the best part of the game), but it's the lack of anything else. There's no character customization, very few items, weapons or armors, barely any quests and the few good part of the game are being camped 24/7 by some fuckers that play only to sell the money they make in the game (and that use every exploit possible to make sure you don't stand a chance, and believe me, there's a shitload of these exploit).

So you're left with a game wich only good part is PvP. However, PvP controls are akward at best (you'll need to hold a key when attcking someone, but not always depending if you use a power. Actually, you'll randomly use that key untill you end up killing your opponent/get killed/run away) so you're left with an empty game.

But you don't have to belive me, just take a look at their forums and you'll see for yourself. On the other end, take a look at the CoH forum and you'll barely see anyone complainning about the game (there's a lot of bitching about how the launch was handled, but in the end, it's been a really smooth launch with almost no downtime).

Oh that, and for L2, NA players are seen as second grade cunsomers by NCSoft. You can bet you'll never see a change happening even if every players on the NA server asked fot it. They'll never do anything that could upset Korean players (there's much more then we'll ever be).

2. Re: Resisting urge... Apr 28, 2004, 10:02 quazz

a while. This game isn't going to flop like L2 and there's nothing in direct competition untill later this year (WoW won't be out for months...)

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Announcement
9. Re: Blowed up real good Apr 20, 2004, 11:38 quazz

Pretty ballsy to make China the enemy
Actually, the US is the ennemy...

Think.

421 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo