Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for quazz

Real Name quazz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 3, 2002, 00:12
Total Comments 421 (Amateur)
User ID 14170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Ground Control Free
19. Re: Fun game Jun 27, 2004, 02:13 quazz

I was merely providing a [lousy I'll admit] comparison of two kind of file mirrors. It's up to you to choose wich one you prefer.

I'm not trying to say that fileplanet is better then any other file mirrors, but people need to stop bitching everytime fileplanet gets something. I'm guessing (and yes, this is only a wild guess) that FP/GSI had to "convince" whoever publish G2] to release the game for free and since they did that part of the job, they deserve getting the exclusive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Fun game Jun 26, 2004, 23:07 quazz

I should've specified that I have problem with 3DGamers only when (remotly) popular file get released. Fileplanet (and a lot a site that use a queue'ing system) keep working but with a long wait while site without such a system (3DGamers being one of the first due to it's popularity) choke under the pression and become unusable.

9. Re: Fun game Jun 26, 2004, 21:09 quazz

I don't have to comeback to my computer two hours later to download from fileplanet either. As long as you use their download manager.

Really, the only thing anyone could have against fileplanet is when they have exclusive game demo. But it's not the case for this file.

6. Re: Fun game Jun 26, 2004, 18:54 quazz

Honestly, what would you want? That fileplanet ends up like 3DGamers where I have not been able to even get a download to start 90% of the time in the last two years?
Sure you need to wait, but atleast you'll end up getting your file. And fileplanet download system works perfectly (although it currently only support IE), and since you since you have the choice to use it or not, you can't even bitch about it.

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 18:56.

2. Re: Fun game Jun 26, 2004, 17:19 quazz

Oh noes! EVIL FILEPLANET!!!111

Damn them for a free service and a 100+ KB/s download of a free game.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Details
14. Re: Hype-O Meter Jun 25, 2004, 16:05 quazz

They already said that the code theft had nothing to do with them not meeting them release date (sept 30 last year).

However, I wonder if all those delay have been caused by finishing HL2 itself or making all the other content (HL1, CS, DOD to Source).

Either way, what really interest me is the pricing scheme of all that thing. I want to play trough HL:Source before HL2, but I won't pay any extra for what's essentially a 5 years old game.

Oh, and for those "bored" with the game already, I'm betting you spent the last year kepping up to date with the game. I simply stopped caring halfway trough last summer and I still want to play it. The fact that there hasen't been a great game this year doesn't help either (still have to try Thief3 though).

News Comments > VU Games Cuts
29. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2004, 19:57 quazz

there are simply too much mature gamers out there that want to play games like ...
Maybe, but there's more consumers that will buy console games. And with today's multi-million game dev cost, guess who wins.
we are going to see new PC only game store
Sure, who wouldn't want to open a store at a dead market? Certainly not me! Oh, wait... Then again, I doubt PC gaming will "die". But it probably won't ever be as big as it used to (atleast if you compare it to the console market). Unless somehow gaming stop to be mainstream (wich won't happen either). Afterall, it's PC gaming (mostly) that keep progress going in video card (and partly in other technology) and nVidia/Ati sure don't want to be in a market that produce new videocard every four years.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 19:58.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Cancelled
43. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2004, 18:20 quazz

That's because guild war is not a true MMORPG (in the MMO - lot's of player- sense of the word). And instead of monthly free update, it's (most likely) overpriced expension pack every few months.

(by the way, one thing I don't like is paying expansion pack for MMO. Unless they also give you lot's of new content often. Wich most don't, they keep the real content for expansion pack)

42. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2004, 18:16 quazz

MPBT was a lot of fun back then IMO.
It simply wasn't enough of a MMO (4vs4 battle was all there was to it). And like most MMO, you could reach the end game within a month. The downside is that with this game, reaching the end game meant you had everything (every mech) in the game. Absolutely no replayablility and since none of the 3 faction could ever actually win the entire map, it was an endless (and useless) fight.

It should've been a simple MP game (with player hosted game), but instead of a server browser, give us that big map.

21. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2004, 14:38 quazz

Oh noes! A private compagnie want to make money. The world has come to an end. I wish I'd live in the pink fairy world you live in, the rainbow must be fucking great. dumbass

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 14:38.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Dual-GeForce benchmarks Jun 19, 2004, 23:24 quazz

Alienware's top-of-the-line system were already close to 3000$. A few of those that pay that price for a prebuilt PC don't care to pay a few more thousand.

And you can't blame them for having only two result, this isn't an official benchmark.

edit: Actually, already over 3000$.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 23:25.

News Comments > Snowblind == Deus Ex: Clan Wars
9. Re: Ugh Jun 17, 2004, 14:59 quazz

Pssst, the year's far from finished.

I only played FarCry untill you steal a boat (right before the demo level I think). The story wasn't interesting in the least, the gameplay fell pretty generic.

Fun; yes. Good; yes. Great; better luck next time.

The icon is still on my desktop and I may continue playing it sometime. By the way, did they release a patch that enable quickload/quicksave without console command/buggy workaround?

News Comments > Singles Expansion
18. Re: Lets cut to the chase Jun 4, 2004, 13:24 quazz

Well, there is that Playboy game. Although it is lacking the sex.

News Comments > Singles Expansion
14. Re: MENAGE ET TOIS Jun 4, 2004, 12:19 quazz

Anyway, in looking it up, I found that they did indeed get the middle wrong (but so did you) as it is apparently "menage a trois."
Indeed. "Ménage à trois" if you'd go all the way.

News Comments > Vietnam: The Tet Offensive & SAS: Against All Odds
4. Re: The Tet Offensive Jun 4, 2004, 11:23 quazz

*sigh*
To be taken lightly.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tit
Yes, I failed.

News Comments > Vietnam: The Tet Offensive & SAS: Against All Odds
1. The Tet Offensive Jun 4, 2004, 10:35 quazz

The TET Offensive, THE TET OFFENSIVE.
fire everyone in marketing, now.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 10:35.

News Comments > Free SW Galaxies Trial
65. Re: MMORPGs not as fun Jun 3, 2004, 23:00 quazz

Ah crap, that means that console fighting, racing, just-about-every-sports game will become MMOG. Yeah, I can just see how this is the future of gaming. It's so obvious. I so want to sit in front of my TV with some friend playing a MMO version of Mario Party. It's going to be so cool. Do I really need to add sarcasm tag? Don't forget, you said every games.

62. Re: MMORPGs not as fun Jun 3, 2004, 22:05 quazz

Then we'll disagree.

Oh, by the way, you went from "every game will be MMOG" to "yeah, game will have some kind of multi-player, even if optionnal". Real concrete point you make here...

60. Re: MMORPGs not as fun Jun 3, 2004, 21:27 quazz

Prince of Persia, KOTOR, Gothic2. Do I need keeping naming games where I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone else then me playing them.
Sure, some games can be improved by multiplayer, but that doesn't mean MMO. And that certainly doesn't mean every game as you imply with "the ultimate future of gaming".

57. Re: MMORPGs not as fun Jun 3, 2004, 20:44 quazz

I'm not saying that MMORPG won't improve, but single-player games will always have the best story driven gameplay. Afterall, how can I have fun playing a story driven MMO if I can't play for three weeks and everything has changed when I come back (and if everything hasn't change, then it means that the game will suck if I would've been playing for those three weeks) without my input. It'll simply prove that my action won't really ever affect the story.

That doesn't mean that MMO can't improve, but SP game will still remain the best medium for story driven game.

421 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo