Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for quazz

Real Name quazz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 3, 2002, 00:12
Total Comments 421 (Amateur)
User ID 14170

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 3 Previews
8. Re: Performance Issues Aug 1, 2004, 18:54 quazz

bigtrouble77, do you have 512MB of RAM on your videocard? Because that's what you need for Very High quality [as stated by iD, I didn't make this up].

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM 3 Previews
7. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2004, 18:51 quazz

So, I've been playing for about one hour and... well... Is that it? Is that really the best they could come up with? It's not a bad game. It's a very polished and professionnal product and it's what I was expecting, but...

I'm sure everything in the game looks great, but it's so damn dark you can't see it. I'm sure it's supposed to produce tension or something, but could I atleast see what I'm shooting at?

Well, it's a great DOOM game, but clearly nothing more and an overall unimpressive engine (not bad, just not as great as everyone kept saying). Then again, I have a GeForce4, so I'm probably missing on what's supposed to make it look great.

edit: Oh, someone finally made a flashlight that looks as it should. I don't know why it took this long...
This comment was edited on Aug 1, 18:52.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Trailer
98. Re: Low expectations- High hopes! Jul 31, 2004, 21:46 quazz

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone take this newb's computer away & give him an Xbox, he obviously won't be able to tell the difference.

LOLOLOLZOR!!11
Actually, wait a second. You're a stupid fuck.
Both engine have their own upside. FarCry's outdoor and DOOM's indoor level both represent what's best currently.

And some more polygons on a model stopped being impressive last year.

Of course, all comments regarding the quality of DOOM3's engine or gameplay are absolutely retarded since most of us haven't had a chance to play the game (unrepresentative [and un-impressive] leaked alpha excluded).

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2004, 18:21 quazz

ThieveryUT had permission from (was it still looking glass back then?) it's copyright holder. They even commented on the quality of the mod.

Every mod using copyrighted material need permission to be developped.

68. Re: oh man Jul 31, 2004, 14:51 quazz

man, with the release of doom3 on tuesday, i've been regularly checking usenet, and haven't found it. This is surprising, usually games are on usenet more than a few days before it's store release, and doom3 still isn't up. I download games on usenet, then buy them for the multiplayer.
Game "usually" being released by warez group before it's in store is a myth (no pun intended). Although it wouldn't be surprising to see this one soon since some people are already playing it.

Either way, [iuy it[i].

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 14:51.

66. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2004, 14:48 quazz

That doesn't make any sense. And by the way, it's competition that keeps innovation going foward. Give everyone the same tools and they'll get lazy. That, and a bigger team != better result. Oh, and share artwork between game? Yeah sure, but you'll have to change our economic and political system first.

And that last idea is not a "simpler adaption of this concept", but a completely different one. That could eventually happen though. But MS would need to do it themselves. With a new version of DirectX for example. It's simply not worth wasting the time develloping it for the dev/publisher point of view.

News Comments > DOOM 3 at G4
59. Re: No subject Jul 31, 2004, 01:05 quazz

hey, I made a misspelled edit halfway trough the post (I kinda saw those comment comming).
quoting myself:
destroy the 'boost' in sales due to D3. I'm not saying that any card is better then the others here
Both compagny produce card that are extremely close in performance to each other. (I'd probably get the nVidia card if I were to upgrade. Actually, if I did have the money to upgrade, I'd wait later this year for PCI-e/more benchmark of DX9 game (ie: HL2))

edit: Got linkage to those 'recent' HL2 benchmark. I made my post assuming HL2 still perform better on ATi's hardware.
This comment was edited on Jul 31, 01:08.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. 64-bit WinXP set-back forced Intel to de Jul 31, 2004, 00:40 quazz

Yep, Intel's new numbering scheme sure makes it more simple to understand their CPU line. I think I got an headache reading the last few paragraphs.

53. Re: Great Article! Jul 30, 2004, 21:06 quazz

The fact that it somehow ends up with the conclusion that nVidia's sale will go on and on for month while ignoring the fact that within 4 weeks all we're going to hear about is ATi and HL2.

And well, crap like this: "couple of months enjoyment out of the single player game". Yeah, right... months...

Sure, this will give a boost for nVidia's card for the next few weeks, but HL2 mass market appeal is going to completely destroy that (edit: destroy the 'boost' in sales due to D3. I'm not saying that nay card is better then the others here). And the difference in performance is only on high end card and other then the fanboy of these games/videocard manufacturers, most will actually look at some numbers on more then one single benchmark before buying anything.

It's just way too simple of an analysis that draws conclusion that we all came to months ago. This article would've been relevant last year. Oh, and it also fail to point out that DOOM3 perform better on nVidia's card because it's an OpenGL game (wich 90% of games out there don't use). But you wouldn't want to confuse the average inquirer's reader.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 21:08.

51. Re: Great Article! Jul 30, 2004, 19:45 quazz

That article kinda suck. From a gamers point of view that knows more then that guy ever will about hardware atleast. I guess it's interesting to the average inquirer's reader/casual gamer...

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 19:45.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Imminent?
58. Re: Year of the Game! Jul 29, 2004, 00:44 quazz

Only free with the superspecialhalflifetwoextended edition.

18. Re: Steam Jul 28, 2004, 22:17 quazz

If it's really done by early August they should be able to put it on Steam. Or do they have to make the virtual boxes....
The reason is money. Some retailer will refuse to sell the game if it's released earlier online. It's the same reason why the game will cost as much on steam as it will in store.

17. Re: uh huh Jul 28, 2004, 22:14 quazz

Why can't people enjoy both game?

About the source code theft, the game was months from being finished. And most gamers hate Valve because of steam, the rest of the hate is because we're in DOOM3's week of celebrity. It'll all go back to normal soon enough.

I was actually going to post why going from "the game's sent to Vivendi" to "on sore shelves" could very easily take as long, but most of you are to fuxking stupid to understand. And the rest already know why.

Keep being fanboys. I'll enjoy it as it will be, even if it's the [Oh noes!!!11] second best looking game. Heck, even the third if it ends up being behind Far Cry.

But yeah, it's a year late LOLOLOLOLZ!!111 ROFLFMADSKFDSKFSO

10. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2004, 21:57 quazz

The stupidity is strong in this thread.

By the way, HL2 will sell more copy them DOOM3 and you know it. Not that it actually means anything. Oh, and this is not really news. Valve's been saying the same thing for a week or two.

News Comments > No Win98 DOOM 3
134. Re: After the Valium + Alcohol Jul 28, 2004, 03:48 quazz

LOL! Talk about out of my league! Read the edit BTW. Good points, but I kinda do care 'bout them purty graphics.
Wondered about the same thing when I first heard it a year ago, turns out I can get a lot of free MS thing from it. Other then Office, bastard.

As far as I can remember, win2k as the same look as win98 so you wouldn't be loosing anything. Of course, if you can find a [few -assuming you intend to use it on more then one PC with the home version] cheap copy of winXP, then there's no reason why you wouldn't want it...

130. Re: After the Valium + Alcohol Jul 28, 2004, 03:38 quazz

Microsoft developpers network academic alliance.
And no, you were not supposed to know what it meant. By the way, read my edit on my post below this.

edit: sp. apparently, I can't type. As for the NTfs vs FAT32 thing. I'd recommand everyone to use NTFS. The only reason not to do it is if you intend to read/write on NTFS partition from another OS (Not every Linux distribution as a perfect compatibility with it, although most can read from it).

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 03:42.

128. Re: After the Valium + Alcohol Jul 28, 2004, 03:33 quazz

edit: I'll add this. win2000 is going to cost you a lot less, have most of winXP capabilities (other then the 'pretty graphics'), is still supported by everyone, and as a licensing scheme that'll let you install it without any problem on the number of PC you could dream of)

1) Yes, you'll need to reformat/reinstall. Upgrading from a MS OS to an other as always been known to be unreliable. And you're going to want to go NTFS anyway.

2) Can't help you there, got my copy for free from MSDNAA.

3) win98 was made in a time when 512+ MB of RAM barely existed (for user-end desktop PC anyway). It simply can't manage and properly use the extra amount of RAM. It'll help with every drivers. You will see improved performance.

4) I'll recommand google. As far as I know, winXP pro is not limited to a single PC and doesn't require to be 'activated' in any way what-so-ever (I never had to do it anyway). You'll be able to run Linux with your ATi card, just don't expect to be doing any gaming with 'recent' game (ie: anything made this millenium).

And valium? Come on, you can do better then that.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 03:37.

125. Re: Let's hear from IT Pros Jul 28, 2004, 03:21 quazz

FAT32 or NTFS. Whats better. And why?
Well for one, NTFS has large file support (ie: DVD image files). As a home user you probably aren't going to notice a whole lot of difference between the two.
http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm (google)

6. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2004, 21:37 quazz

I'll point out that it's not surprising at all and you'll still be able to play it with Linux (assuming you have a nVidia card of course).

Come on, win98 was never able to properly manage 512+ MB of RAM and it's the minimum required. What were you expecting?

Oh, and yes, there have been a lot of game recently not supporting win98/ME.

News Comments > KOTOR II Trailer
7. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2004, 19:20 quazz

Wrong trailer nin. That's the old one.

421 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo