Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Konrad

Real Name Konrad   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Belly Flop
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Plop
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 29, 2002, 21:29
Total Comments 70 (Suspect)
User ID 14122

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Tech Bits
1. Why? Dec 9, 2002, 09:57 Belly Flop

Just install SP1 for Windows XP, AFAIK this solves the
60Hz limit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Condition Zero Shifts to Ritual
3. Re: Hmmm... Dec 6, 2002, 19:36 Belly Flop

Bubble, bubble toil and trouble ... there goes the Feb release date.

News Comments > Raven Shield MP Demo
22. Black Screen Nov 14, 2002, 13:57 Belly Flop

I also had a black screen when I first installed and had to reboot. I noticed there seemed to be a certain area (a square) in the black screen where my cursor seemed to appear and disappear. The square was about the same size as my Zone Alarm Pro screen... So to make a long story short. I got it to work after I first setup my Zone Alarm to give full access to the RavenShield.exe. Try that, it should then work. It did for me

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: I've always wondered about the slown Oct 22, 2002, 15:08 Belly Flop

You can also download the Oracle 9i database (a 1 user license) from the Oracle web site for free (if you have ADSL of course) if you want to check it out. Any more licenses will cost you though. Why mess with the rest if you can play with the best?

15. Re: I've always wondered about the slown Oct 22, 2002, 13:36 Belly Flop

Ahhh that's interesting, thanks zaq

Yeah I suppose there are many ways to skin a cat. (If you'll pardon the expression) The end result (HTML) is the same, the route (PERL, JAVA or PHP etc) how you get there is different. At the end of the day all that matters is that it works, it is easily modified by the coders and your users are happy with the speed.

And now not to make this forum sound like something out of slashdot, I'm off to go and hand out some headshots in Counter-Strike (where the hell is Condition Zero?)

12. Re: I've always wondered about the slowness Oct 22, 2002, 13:10 Belly Flop

Zaq,

I also create intranet tools for a living at my company.

<TECH GEEK STUFF>

We use Apache web server on a Unix platform (obviously on an Oracle database. We have a special PERL module that allows us to create dynamic HTML or even normal HTML with inline perl code embedded with special tags in normal HTML.
We use the DBI perl module for database access and the AuthenDBI module for user access and accountability. Works like a charm. The code is easy to modify if you know anything about PERL and can be done using minimum lines of code being based on PERL.

Another way I've seen people do it is create normal static HTML files as the output of PERL scripts that query a database. This is semi-dynamic but works well too.

</TECH GEEK STUFF>

I don't know what tech Blue's site uses, and I'm sure they
won't be handing out source But it's always interresting to know generally how things are stuck together if you are so inclined. (I am) What method do you use where u work?

Anyways, just my $0.02

1. The miracle of indexes? Oct 22, 2002, 08:22 Belly Flop

I noticed this slow response the few times I was unfortunate enough not to get my daily BluesNews fix and had to view the historical pages a few days later.

As a programmer myself I was wondering wether perhaps it was the database key column indexes that were not catered for? Was this the rocket fuel solution to the historical pages? Sorry, just my nerd curiousity. Furn?

News Comments > BF1942 MP Demo Patch & New Server
26. New demo Sep 5, 2002, 05:39 Belly Flop

I won't be getting the demo patch. I have purposefully been starving myself by not playing the MP demo anymore. I played it too many times already. lol. When the final game comes out it will be as fresh and new as when I first laid eyes on this puppy. Very happy about the ASE support.

This game IS very addictive and I can see it will be sitting on my HD for a long while. See ya on the servers...

News Comments > Game Development & Mods
1. UT2003 out in Fall 2003? Aug 30, 2002, 06:53 Belly Flop

From the article:

"The game is currently scheduled to ship in Fall 2003"

Surely they mean Fall 2002 ????

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 Preview
13. Re: Used to like gamespy Aug 29, 2002, 17:37 Belly Flop

AAAh, my very first post as a registered user... /me dusts off his new suit. Thanks Fausticle, I didnt know about the right click to adjust grenade throw distance, I guess just like when the demo first came out, we all struggled to get out of those darn landing craft before we knew how to open the front doors. Hehehe. This game has loads of these little features. Like they say: easy to learn, hard to master. I am waiting with bated breath for it to hit the shelves.

PS: Sorry for all the edits, I cannot believe the speelung erors I have made, I can only put it down to those 'first post' nerves...

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 17:56.

70 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo