Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 673 (Apprentice)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Specter of a Spector Departure?
34. Re: Warren Spector / DX2 May 28, 2004, 21:05 Squirmer

I don't think most people realise why DX:IW was a disappointment. If you could look under the flaws, there's a very innovative game there. The gameplay is actually better than DX1's, but it was hard to get to because of poor performance and sloppy presentation. I firmly believe that DX3 would have been an excellent game, but we might not even see it now. We should be mourning the downsizing of a company like Ion Storm, because they were one of the few companies holding the torch of innovation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Gamespot review May 26, 2004, 19:58 Squirmer

Yeah, that's a strange thing to say. But also in this new game you have more options: you can sell loot for goods, but you can also steal goods from the City in between missions if you want more. Sounds okay to me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Thief & Singles
37. Re: No subject May 26, 2004, 01:19 Squirmer

Another thing to keep in mind is that the guy at Gone Gold, who has finished the game, said it's perhaps even better than the first two. This guy, remember, hated DX:IW. But he seems to love T3.

Personally, I'm not trusting any reviews on T:DS. I don't trust them to be completely honest. I'm getting it myself, and then I'll judge.

14. Re: This is a real upgrade... May 24, 2004, 22:54 Squirmer

I find it quite strange that this review calls it 'a terrific game' and gave it 4 stars, and you guys are saying it's a failure.

You would write off a Thief game because it has poor graphics?

News Comments > Snowblind Unveiled
22. Re: No subject May 24, 2004, 02:16 Squirmer

I love all this criticism about a game none of you know anything about. It's so rampant at this place (on the whole internet really). As soon as a new game is announced everyone pounces with the same old lines: PFFT! OLD! UNORIGINAL! RIP-OFF! LAME! CONSOLES SUCK (an old favourite)!

Think about all the criticisms that would have been leveled at Far Cry: yet another shooter, set on a deserted island, with some sort of scientific experiment that made a whole bunch of monsters. It's as hammy as a ham could possibly ham, but it was a good game.

Oh, and obviously Eidos isn't aiming at the PC elitists who won't have anything to do with consoles, so I don't think they'll cry over your lost money.

News Comments > Origin of the Species
2. Re: No subject May 21, 2004, 11:56 Squirmer

Interesting title. I wonder if it'll be another dumb shooter or something deeper.

News Comments > id's Next Game
23. Re: I LIKE corridor shooters May 15, 2004, 00:21 Squirmer

'Corridor shooter' was the wrong term. I mean shooters where you just wander around shooting monsters and that's all. I think games are moving beyond that, and Id has the money and talent to show us some great stuff. They'll make a ton of money from Doom 3, I'm sure, so they can afford to take a risk or two.

For the record, I don't consider Far Cry innovative, so the inclusion of outdoor areas alone is not enough to wow me.

News Comments > id's Next Game
2. Re: No subject May 14, 2004, 22:26 Squirmer

New IP or not, I'm more interested in whether it'll be another corridor shooter or whether iD will try something innovative for once in the last decade. We know they're capable.

News Comments > More Game Movies
44. Re: I dont want to say this but... May 12, 2004, 20:55 Squirmer

I think HL2 will be great. It seems like the only real criticisms of it is that the graphics are a little dated compared to the likes of Far Cry. Who cares? People still play HL1 today, and it ain't for the graphics.

News Comments > Monolith Screenshot
31. Re: No subject May 7, 2004, 22:24 Squirmer

Blues News didn't used to be filled with such stupid comments, did it? I guess companies open themselves up for snap judgement when they only release one screenshot, but still ... Judging the entire thing on that is nothing short of ridiculous.

News Comments > Thief: Deadly Shadows Gold
45. Re: Demo May 5, 2004, 20:46 Squirmer

Wow, there's a lot of ignorance in this thread. It's one thing to be cynical and pessimistic, but quite another to be plain idiotic.

News Comments > Imperial Glory Announced
8. Re: *blink* May 5, 2004, 09:42 Squirmer

I liked Praetorians, and I'm glad Pyro are having another go at the RTS genre. I'm not so big on the 19th century, but I'll be keeping an eye on this.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
12. Re: Good writing revisited Apr 24, 2004, 21:15 Squirmer

And using "they" as an indeterminate singular pronoun has never been good form.

'They' is perfectly acceptable, and far better than using 'he' or 'she'. I don't know which style guides you use, but 'they' is becoming increasingly common and much more acceptable.

News Comments > Game Movies
17. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2004, 22:03 Squirmer

You know, even many Thief purists are quite impressed with these latest videos. I don't know why all you people are so negative. These latest videos show some classic Thief gameplay.

News Comments > Op Flashpoint: Resistance & GotY Patches
20. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2004, 09:35 Squirmer

If a game dares to be as ambitious as Op Flashpoint, I can forgive many bugs. I would rather a buggy Op Flashpoint than a polished-till-you-see-your-pores-in-it Painkiller.

News Comments > Hitman: Contracts Gold
14. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2004, 21:18 Squirmer

Why is there no bitching about simultaneous PC and console releases yet?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Painkiller
41. Re: Lovin' every minute of it!!! Apr 12, 2004, 22:27 Squirmer

When games like Painkiller become bestsellers, can anyone really claim that PCs are for 'smart' gamers? All the stuff about dumbing down games for consoles means nothing.

News Comments > Game Movies
8. Re: Bizarre Apr 5, 2004, 09:43 Squirmer

They're working on the PC version of this thing, but why? Who thought it was a good idea to design a RPG for consoles and port it to the PC? A company that makes decisions like this can't last very long.

You mean like Bioware? Maybe you're right: all those awards KOTOR won don't mean squat when we righteous PC gamers tell 'em who's boss.

8. Re: Far Cry Mar 20, 2004, 23:50 Squirmer

I wasn't too impressed with the Far Cry demo. It's been overrated already, with claims of great AI and non-linearity. The AI I saw was pretty dumb and the game is far more linear than people keep saying. It's just another shooter from what I can see.

News Comments > Updated X - The Threat Demo
2. Re: X2 Demo Mar 5, 2004, 00:53 Squirmer

I don't know whether to download this demo or wait for the next patch for it ...

673 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo