Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 638 (Apprentice)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Q&As
14. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2004, 08:52 Squirmer

So not only do we need to activate our product, but we need to have a Steam account, presumably install Steam as well, and no doubt patches will only be available via Steam. Is Valve vying for Microsoft's title of most infuriating software developer?

It's just a game, Valve, not an entire fucking home entertainment software setup. Go easy.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 08:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Vampire Multiplayer
46. Re: more reasons MP woulda been great Oct 12, 2004, 04:17 Squirmer

So yeah, I was hoping Vampire would be a true FPS/RPG hybrid. But instead, it looks like it will be mostly another CRPG with an FPS view.. a description used on the Deus Ex games by one review.

I would have said Morrowind is much more a CRPG from an FPS viewpoint. That's what I'm afraid Bloodlines will be too, instead of taking advantage of that 3D environment. The Deus Ex games are more geared towards letting you play how you want within that environment, not limiting your choices to traditional RPG stats, attributes, whatever.

I hope Bloodlines is not similar to Morrowind in that way (I don't even think Oblivion will be similar to Morrowind in that way!).

News Comments > No Vampire Multiplayer
12. Re: Does it? Oct 11, 2004, 20:19 Squirmer

A good multiplayer game these days is essentially like saying it needs to compete with UT2k4 or Battlefield. Those games had huge budgets and were developed for multiplayer.

That's the issue, I think. With all these dedicated MP games out there, making an MP mode for Bloodlines would be a lot of effort for little payoff. It's just not worth it.

News Comments > Bioshock (Not SS3) Announced
33. Re: Not SS3. But you know what? Oct 8, 2004, 21:23 Squirmer

Screenshots and release dates aside, I'm really interested in the kind of design behind this game (from what I can gather from that article anyway). Emergent gameplay is exciting stuff, and it sounds like Bioshock will have a very interactive and reactive environment.

News Comments > Bioshock (Not SS3) Announced
21. Re: Not SS3. But you know what? Oct 8, 2004, 20:12 Squirmer

I was preparing myself for this, but I'm still upset about the way they hyped the announcement.

I'm not sure why anyone was anticipating SS3, since EA has the rights to it. Blame Gamespot for their deliberate attempt to get people's hopes up by saying 'it will please fans of System Shock 2'. That implies a direct sequel, when they knew that was not the case.

News Comments > Vampire-Bloodlines Movie
44. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2004, 21:53 Squirmer

You can't expect this to look as good as HL2, even if it's using the same engine. Bloodlines has a lot more going on behind the scenes, so they can't just pump resources into graphics. Name an RPG that looks better than Bloodlines. Anyone?

News Comments > C-S: Source Next Week
6. Re: TFC Sep 29, 2004, 09:20 Squirmer

Why can't we get a DVD edition unless we pay $80???

I don't want 6 more cds!

Me neither. How pathetic. Still, I kinda want HL1 Source anyway, so ...

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
11. Re: Eon of Tears Sep 26, 2004, 07:12 Squirmer

Games based on the Bible could be great, I think, if developers bring a kind of 'Last Temptation of Christ' attitude to it. Not a game for Christian audiences, but a game based on one of the most important pieces of literature in the Western world.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance SP Demo
9. Re: clue me in Sep 10, 2004, 13:50 Squirmer

I seem to recall an interview in which a developer said they've put a fair bit of effort into the SP game. I think the story was written by Ken Levine, who also wrote the System Shock 2 story, so ...

News Comments > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Official
21. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2004, 12:50 Squirmer

Hopefully there's some world interaction this time. Not just the NPCs, but the whole environment was so non-interactive. You could only pick stuff up to put it in your inventory, and that was it. I want to be able to manipulate the world this time, not just walk through pretty pictures.

News Comments > Transport Giant Add-on Revealed
3. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2004, 03:36 Squirmer

Of course we have also included specific Australian industries. You can now transport ostrich eggs, kiwis, kangaroo meat or opals.

Uh ... I think they mean emu eggs, not ostrich, and kiwis are associated with New Zealand, not Australia ...

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: STALKER interview Aug 31, 2004, 08:15 Squirmer

The devs aren't promising the world? They've been promising some pretty amazing things, and I'm very sceptical about it. I'd love to be wrong, but they've made some really big claims.

Some of the stuff they're planning have me a bit worried too. Weapons that jam? Come on, not even a hardcore military sim like Op Flashpoint has that sort of anal detail. It doesn't sound like fun to me.

I'm keeping an eyebrow raised on this one.

News Comments > Ghost Recon 2 X2
31. Re: Who cares Aug 26, 2004, 04:08 Squirmer

Ghost Recon 2 == DX 2:IW || Thief 3

DX:IW suffered from Xbox development and immature technology, but Thief 3 less so. That was still a great game.

News Comments > Medieval Lords German Demo
6. Re: Comments Aug 26, 2004, 04:05 Squirmer

Thanks for the comments, Quboid. I've been keeping an eye on this, but I'll wait for the English demo before I try.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Trailer
44. No subject Jul 31, 2004, 12:33 Squirmer

Doom 3 isn't going to advance shooter gaming. But it's going to polish it until it twinkles like a diamond. I've been slamming iD for making a remake of a 10 year old game (and I still think they're wasting their talent in a lot of ways), but even I'm getting excited. Bring on the demo, at least.

News Comments > Thief Patch
17. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2004, 01:53 Squirmer

Uhh so your promoting a hack that was made to get around the bug that this patch fixes? Are you retarded?

Okay, I'll explain that program better: it lets you set difficulty in areas like how well an NPC can hear you, how well he can see you, how well he can feel you, how many hitpoints he has, how much damage he does to you, and how fast he attacks. It gives a LOT more customisation than four distinct difficulty levels give you. Like someone else said, you can set the loot requirements lower by selecting a lower difficulty, but this program will bump it back up to whatever settings you choose, so you can control loot requirements that way too.

Furthermore, the City sections in Thief 3 are always Normal difficulty, regardless of what difficulty you choose for individual missions. This program sets the difficulty for the WHOLE game, so you can play the City on Expert (or higher). Which is very good because there are plenty of places in the City that could almost be called missions in their own right.

News Comments > Thief Patch
11. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2004, 00:58 Squirmer

Just pimping this great Thiefbot program that gives you custom difficulty: http://www.team5150.com/~andrew/project.thiefbot/

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: Thief 3 Jun 9, 2004, 19:57 Squirmer

Just when I start thinking I don't have enough reasons to avoid Thief 3 like the plague a really hideous impossible to fix massive bug pops up. Thank you.

I don't understand you. You're making yourself hate the game. I would have thought any self-respecting gamer would like to play a good game. Thief 3 is a good game. Great, even, regardless of the bug. You're really missing out.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: DX:IW Jun 7, 2004, 19:57 Squirmer

Even many people who routinely bash the game still admit that it's 'okay'. It's certainly not the pile of crap that the more 'simple' reviews would have you believe. It just doesn't measure up to the original in terms of environment, story and characters. It is an advance over the original in gameplay terms, but many people are incapable of seeing that. The advances IW makes are below the surface, so most gamers won't realise it (and this includes people who call themselves 'hardcore' gamers).

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2004, 05:56 Squirmer

Oh, and a lot of people consider the Cradle to be one of the best missions they have ever played, from any game. So folks, don't just take Ray's word for it. Have a look around. Even hardcore Thief fans like this game.

638 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo