Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 926 (Graduate)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > RONIN Early Access
4. Re: RONIN Early Access May 28, 2015, 03:53 Squirmer

The developer himself said it was a ripoff of Gunpoint. (Then the Gunpoint dev said it wasn't and recorded a let's play of it.) No controversy here, grow up, etc.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2015, 20:30 Squirmer

DangerDog wrote on May 26, 2015, 18:05:
I can't wait to see reviews for this game.
Will be interesting to see how many sites actually review it. I'm guessing many of them won't.

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 18:47 Squirmer

Not gonna listen to that voice for 16 minutes, but I'm surprised there haven't been more criticisms (in reviews) of the movement. It's awful. Geralt and especially his horse are constantly moving in weird ways, or they don't stop moving when you want them to, or they don't run when you want to, etc. Mounted combat is next to impossible because whenever you aim your blow at a creature Geralt inexplicably decides to swing his sword on the opposite side of his horse. Basic control is just terrible.  

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
13. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:47 Squirmer

InBlack wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:34:
The Witcher3 looks and runs GREAT. Even on older hardware.
Only thing that matters, time to move on.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2015, 19:08 Squirmer

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 20, 2015, 19:00:
GOG can bite me. Their anti DRM stance is bullshit. DRM is great as it keeps cheaters from stealing games that publishers work hard to make. I have 100 games on steam and NONE of them have DRM problems. So there is no real DRM issue just alot of people that way to steal things.....

So basically GOG is selling that they offer stolen games easier then steam. No wonder you all like it....
What the hell is this comment.

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 18:44 Squirmer

Flatline wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:41:
So in other words this report is completely useless for any purpose whatsoever.

Which interestingly enough was *not* your initial point.

Edit: Because I know that you'll move the goalposts, this is the original point I'm referencing:

BicycleRepairMan is right, it means 12% of all reports received by WAM were related to GamerGate, which is actually really huge and this GamerGate blogger is trying to spin the numbers some other way.

Then when your point gets dismantled all of a sudden this report isn't good for very much.
What are you on about? The report is fine for its actual purpose which is to examine the kind of abuse people receive and how it should be handled. I don't think it's useful for proving that GamerGate is one thing or another. By the "wider context of GG", I mean all reasonable people already know GG is a harassment campaign perpetrated by manchildren who feel threatened by things they don't like or don't understand. After all, that's why GG was even mentioned in the report to begin with, because it was such a prominent source of abuse.

Again, my original point is that the One Angry Gamer headline is absurd and I was pointing out that his claim was bullshit. The report can't be used to claim what he tried to claim.

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 09:49 Squirmer

I've been here 13 years and I can comment, or not comment, on whatever I want. I post about things that interest me, that's the beginning and the end of my motivation.

You accuse the "SJWs" of ignoring opinions counter to their own, but you're the one who can't seem to handle other people's opinions. You're a childish hypocrite.

For the record, even looking at the first page of my most recent posts, I've also commented on The Witcher 3, GOG Galaxy, gendered toys (and no, that's not a GG issue), the price of games, The Witcher 3 GMG keys, the Starfighter Inc kickstarter, paid mods, Hatred, and the release of old Star Wars games.

So stop whining.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 01:00 Squirmer

Flatline wrote on May 17, 2015, 23:48:
It still is actually relevant. It suggests that less than 1% of the people "associated" with GG by anti-GGers is responsible for pretty much all the GG harassment during that 20 day period.
Yeah if you assume that everyone contributing to the harassment is actually reported to Twitter in that 20 day period. Which is clearly a silly assumption to make.

Again, this WAM report is based on the reports received by victims or "bystanders". They did not specifically investigate those accounts. You can't use these figures to prove how many GGers engaged in harassment.

(I don't even think this is an important point in the wider context of GG, by the way, I'm just countering the blog's attempt to spin these figures to fit their ludicrous headline.)

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 00:55 Squirmer

"Single issue" lol. I've had this Blues account since 2002, 5 years longer than you've had yours.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 17, 2015, 19:17 Squirmer

BicycleRepairMan is right, it means 12% of all reports received by WAM were related to GamerGate, which is actually really huge and this GamerGate blogger is trying to spin the numbers some other way.

NKD wrote on May 17, 2015, 18:35:
I don't think you read through it correctly. Refer to this image.

Only 65 of the 9844 accounts on the blocklist were reported for harassment. Thats less than 1%.
Irrelevant. WAM collected reports of harassment over a 20-day period, it didn't specifically investigate all of those accounts. You can't make a claim that less than 1% of accounts engaged in harassment, because that's not what this WAM report looked at.

Would be nice if Blue linked to the actual report instead of a biased interpretation of it.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
26. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 04:02 Squirmer

shihonage wrote on May 15, 2015, 02:49:
No, I have no issue with it whatsoever
That's what I mean.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
23. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 02:05 Squirmer

Sounds like you're the one with sexual violence issues.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway?
12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Passes 1M Preorders; Preloads Underway? May 11, 2015, 22:02 Squirmer

At least with CDPR the 'enchanced edition' should be a free update, not a 'game of the year' edition that costs as much as the first version did. No reason not to get it now imo (unless you don't have 200 hours spare...)  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 10, 2015, 22:06 Squirmer

Wetworks24 wrote on May 10, 2015, 19:12:
I wish the Witcher 3 code was a Steam code instead of drm free, my how times have changed.
Wow, you're the first person I've seen say that.

Maybe you can just add it to Steam as a non-Steam game?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 8, 2015, 11:02 Squirmer

Eliminating gender categories just means people aren't being told what kind of toy to buy based on the kid's sex. Families might have to actually ask the child and see what kind of thing they're into. It's a small step, but a good one.

Also there's a difference between sex and gender.

News Comments > AU Tax on Digital Purchases Possible
2. Re: AU Tax on Digital Purchases Possible May 7, 2015, 09:28 Squirmer

Using GTA5 as an example, that costs US$75 on Steam, which at the current exchange rate is about AU$95. Add an extra 10% and we're now being asked to pay AU$105 for one game. I guess their bullshit protectionism works though, it'd be much cheaper to buy it locally.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute
21. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 7, 2015, 03:22 Squirmer

"Hey you've bought Witcher 3, why not download it using our new convenient game client."

It's optional, but surely they want people to use the thing they've spent time and money on developing. Pairing it up with their major game release makes sense.

I don't know if they plan to be a "Steam competitor" like a lot of commentary has claimed, but if so they'll want a good install base.

19. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 7, 2015, 01:36 Squirmer

GOG/CDPR are not fans of regional pricing. If I bought Witcher 3 from them I'd pay about $75, but they'd give me about $20 in GOG store credit to compensate.

They generally do the right thing, but in this case it does sound like they're trying to push people towards Galaxy.

10. Re: The Witcher 3 GMG Key Dispute May 6, 2015, 22:24 Squirmer

Paranoid Jack wrote on May 6, 2015, 21:09:
I bought it from GoG about a year ago at a healthy discount. Wish I had the Steam version for the easy mod support but I'll be ok without workshop I'm sure. I just assumed it was going to be a Steam key at the time of purchased. I had no idea then that they were moving away from Steam keys.
What do you mean "moving away from"? When did GOG ever do Steam keys?

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Beta
18. Re: GOG Galaxy Beta May 6, 2015, 22:15 Squirmer

Wow okay let's see. Overon complained about people on Steam being able to see that he's been playing for a long time, including at 3am. Illumin then responded saying fuck anyone who cares if you're playing at 3am. You then quoted Illumin saying it's necessary to hide those things sometimes. I then quoted you pointing out that Steam does in fact let you hide your activity. That whole line of discussion started with the ability of other Steam users (specifically Steam, not just any download client) to see your activity, and ended with my point that you can hide it.

Clear?

926 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo