Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 836 (Graduate)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans
4. Re: Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans Jan 27, 2015, 19:31 Squirmer

The dude had a shot at System Shock and made Bioshock. Why do you want him involved?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
22. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 23:17 Squirmer

They only had one "living story" team for season 2. That was another indication that they were working on something bigger in the background.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
19. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 20:12 Squirmer

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:01:
That is an example of their PR double-speak on the subject, yes, but there were many times when a dev would state less publicly a more definitive no, it's not in the cards, they had not put any planning or work into creating for one, etc.
They never said no beyond that quote Morgan posted. And it's kind of a running joke that 'nothing is off the table'. It's been clear for at least a year that they're making an expansion, since their regular update team was only a small part of the company (about 20 people out of 300+ employees, and not including many of the veteran devs).

News Comments > John Romero Plays DOOM; Spills Beans
8. Re: John Romero Plays DOOM; Spills Beans Jan 21, 2015, 16:34 Squirmer

Wraith wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:02:
Fuck, is this no-talent bozo STILL riding John Carmack's coat-tails?

Give it up John. Doom was good because of Carmack's engine. Quake was good because of Carmack's engine. You're a fucking level designer for fuck's sake.

This should be called "John Romero plays DOOM, bores onlookers."
You're an absolute idiot.

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
23. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 16:42 Squirmer

It's interesting how quickly these games have been released after Disney's buyout. I wonder which stubborn prick at Lucasfilm was resisting this for years and years.  

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
22. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 16:39 Squirmer

Task wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 14:59:
I'm sure Disney and LucasArts are in tears for all the money they are missing out on by not making X-Wing 2 and TIE Fighter 2, an SP KOTOR 3, another Dark Forces, etc.. And GoG shall reap the rewards of devoted fans of better gaming days of a bygone era.

Also, just an FYI, the XvT on GOG does include the expansion which added a 15 mission single player campaign as a Rebel or an Imperial.
I'm sure they have a few games in the works to take advantage of the Episode 7 hype. I wish they'd make more space sims too since it's the perfect IP for it, but I also think the imperative for console spectacle will mean they'll be nowhere near as good as the older ones. It's more likely they'll be on-rails shooters like Rogue Squadron.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2015, 20:14 Squirmer

'Survivor' is just a word to give a positive spin, rather than 'victim'. It's about giving some power back to the abused person, not something to get so upset about.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 18:56 Squirmer

US$75 in Australia, for an 18 month old game. No thanks.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2015, 22:29 Squirmer

Erm, maybe the problem is that plenty of women and girls would prefer to play a female character but there aren't many games that give that option, and here we have one developer who wanted to give that option but were pressured to change it, thus artificially perpetuating the male dominance of videogames? Maybe?  

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
5. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 16:45 Squirmer

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 15:44:
It's sad that the mod was more stable than the SA is a year after release.
A year after early access. It's too buggy, yeah, but technically it hasn't been released yet, and won't be for quite a while. Don't get me wrong, I think even a final release will be very buggy, but it's not right to speak of "release" when we're dealing with early access.

News Comments > GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS
12. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 9, 2015, 17:23 Squirmer

I never really understand the difference between "best game" and "best design". Should be the same award I think.

And having mobile/handheld a distinct category leads to some problems; if Hearthstone is the only mobile game in "game of the year", doesn't that mean they've pre-judged the "best mobile" award?

News Comments > Aliens Games Back on Steam
10. Re: Aliens Games Back on Steam Jan 7, 2015, 22:26 Squirmer

DarkCntry wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 22:01:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 21:52:
Pretty sick of Valve's silence on anything like this. Have some respect for your customers.
It is really more than likely nothing to do with Valve/Steam and all to do with the publishing rights from 20th Century.
Probably, so what's stopping Valve from sending a 2-word email to journalists asking about it?

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
43. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 21:56 Squirmer

Redmask wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:18:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 17:57:
Weird, in other stories about high system requirements, everyone stated how it was obviously due to poor optimization. But not here.

Have you seen the videos for this game? This isn't enough some Assassin's Creed shit where their big selling point is how many NPCs there are on screen. The jump from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2 was massive and this looks about the same.
The newer videos don't look that great (not that it matters, just saying). And it still has to run on consoles just like the other games that were criticized for high specs.

News Comments > Aliens Games Back on Steam
7. Re: Aliens Games Back on Steam Jan 7, 2015, 21:52 Squirmer

Pretty sick of Valve's silence on anything like this. Have some respect for your customers.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
37. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 17:57 Squirmer

Weird, in other stories about high system requirements, everyone stated how it was obviously due to poor optimization. But not here.  

News Comments > Another Steam Concurrent User Record
1. Re: Another Steam Concurrent User Record Jan 2, 2015, 18:01 Squirmer

PC gaming is dead.  

News Comments > Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight
82. Re: Hatred Earns Steam Greenlight Dec 31, 2014, 01:23 Squirmer

I guess the problem is Valve hasn't articulated what Steam's line is. If someone wanted to make a pedophile simulator (probably exists in Japan already) I doubt Steam would ever publish it. So there's clearly a line, but no one knows where Steam's is.

I'm curious whether the libertarians here would support the sale of a pedophile simulator, incidentally.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2014, 17:10 Squirmer

Although a quick look at my Steam list throws up Just Cause 2, Crusader Kings 2, and Mount and Blade: Warband as 2010s games that have been real highlights for me.

At least they didn't include Gone Home.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 26, 2014, 17:05 Squirmer

Yeah it's a pretty dull bunch of games considering there's 5 years of releases to choose from. Maybe it's just been a dull period.  

News Comments > GSC Game World Back in Business
11. Re: GSC Game World Back in Business Dec 21, 2014, 23:42 Squirmer

There are plenty of worthwhile mods besides Complete. There's Oblivion Lost which re-implements some of the A-life stuff that was stripped out of the released game. Misery has a lot of fans. Lost Alpha is a really big release, though I haven't played it yet.  

836 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo