Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 777 (Graduate)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2006, 17:00 Squirmer

So Gamers With Jobs is the best preview? Most of the stuff I've read about this game (from supposedly independent journalists) has been mindless, slavering praise. The previews are doing Bethesda's advertising work. Even more than previews usually do I mean.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Godfather Sequels?
16. Re: Lifeless Feb 24, 2006, 21:11 Squirmer

The videos look very 'gamey' with colourful floating markers and indicators. A far cry from Mafia's classy simulation of 1930s America.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
4. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2006, 23:13 Squirmer

I'm not really complaining, but does anyone else think there's an over-emphasis on BF2 news here? Does an update about an upcoming patch need its own news item? Every time?

News Comments > BattleStrike: Eastern Front Announced
14. Re: Oh for the love of... Feb 18, 2006, 07:52 Squirmer

But I also know the world isnt black and white and that the average german soldier where just really being a good soldier, fighting because they where lied to, and told that it was all for the greater good of the world.

Which sounds like a nice change of pace, doesn't it? Why not a game based on that instead of the usual Allies vs. Evil theme? The answer is obvious, unfortunately. The media would be all over it.

News Comments > Commandos: Strike Force Demo Countdown
5. Re: Awesome Feb 16, 2006, 16:36 Squirmer

According to a preview I read, Pyro managed to capture the real of the earlier tactical games, but from a first/third person perspective. I hope that's true.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
18. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2006, 17:34 Squirmer

The haunted hotel level is a masterpiece, the scariest level in any game ever.

I disagree with that. Once you realised the only dangerous things in that level were flying potplants it wasn't scary anymore. There were a couple of frightening moments early on, but it got tamer and tamer.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Facts
77. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2006, 23:37 Squirmer

Deus Ex and Half-Life 2 do have something in common. The content of the story is not as important as the way the story is told. Both of them have plots that would be very corny in a different context, but because they tell their stories so well (i.e. allowing the player to uncover it) they're still very engaging. At least for me.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
7. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2006, 17:09 Squirmer

I just don't understand how the use of a red cross affects the Red Cross in any way. It seems like a complete waste of effort.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One
41. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2006, 07:48 Squirmer

Infact, I believe this episodic format will allow more developers to put out more crappy games than before because it's easier to convince publishers to shell out little money for a small episode game than hand out the big cash for a full game.

Whoa, you think that's a bad thing!? Publisher trepidation is what's causing the endless streams of generic sequels, tie-ins and cash-ins. You think a format that allows developers to innovate is bad for the industry?

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 07:48.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One
17. Re: hmmm Feb 11, 2006, 01:00 Squirmer

Translation: If you are a Valve lackey, who follows and hangs on its every word, you already knew about this and would pay any price regardless.

Uh no, I don't hang on every word but I remember Valve saying some time ago that they want to release episodic HL2 content. I think it was in an interview posted on Blues, so you hardly have to be a 'Valve lackey' to know about it.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 01:02.

News Comments > MS ♥s PC Gaming
4. Re: Very Nice Feb 10, 2006, 17:44 Squirmer

I like the idea of MS promoting PC games, and it's probably a necessary thing, but I doubt they're talking PC-exclusives. I'm sure they will encourage more messy cross-platform games that just don't suit one platform or the other. So it's good news to a degree, but also a continuation of a different problem.

News Comments > Dangerous Waters and Space Empires IV Deluxe on Steam
1. No subject Feb 8, 2006, 01:40 Squirmer

I'm a defender of Steam, but I gotta say $40 is quite expensive considering there are no packaging and shipping costs.

News Comments > On the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Delay
4. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2006, 01:33 Squirmer

Almost all games need reworking after they reach beta stage, but a further 12 months (at least, and not to mention the previous delays) suggests there are serious problems.

News Comments > James Cameron MMORPG
9. Re: James Cameron MMORPG Feb 4, 2006, 00:43 Squirmer

It's a nice idea, but a MMOG is a major undertaking. If it will be used as advertising for the film, I have to wonder how dedicated the support will be after the film's out.

News Comments > Boiling Point Sequel
16. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2006, 17:29 Squirmer

It might have been unfinished, but I can't hate a company that tries to be innovative. On the contrary, I feel like supporting them.

News Comments > TrackMania Nations ESWC Released
10. Re: Starforce Jan 27, 2006, 18:26 Squirmer

Starforce with retail games is one thing, but it's ridiculous to protect a freeware game with it. It's probably a business agreement between Starforce and Nadeo rather than a purposeful thing.

News Comments > Dear Diary
11. Re: No subject Jan 25, 2006, 17:04 Squirmer

I'm interested in the DVD documentary, but it depends how detailed it is. If it really shows the process that developers go through when making a game, great, but if it's just a shallow 'Hi my name's Dan and this is, uh, my desk and stuff', I'll pass. Since it apparently only focuses on the preparations for E3, I'm worried it will be the latter.

News Comments > Sunday Matinee
8. Re: No subject Jan 16, 2006, 01:24 Squirmer

It's just you I think, it ran smooth for me.

News Comments > Falcon 4.0: Allied Force Patch
4. Re: Im sure its technically very good.. Jan 15, 2006, 20:55 Squirmer

I think the graphics look fine. They're not the equal of some titles, but they do their job well. It's the hardcore nature of F4 that makes it hard for me to get into, since I don't have the time to spend on it. If only.

News Comments > Unofficial Vampire Patch
19. Re: #11 Jan 13, 2006, 17:46 Squirmer

Bloodlines is one of those games I like more when I'm not playing. I tend to remember the good things, like a nice atmosphere and fun quests. But there were so many problems that made it annoying to play. I haven't tried these unofficial patches, and I'm sure they help, but the game mechanics (like the implementation of the RPG systems) are fundamentally broken and no community patches could fix that. In my opinion Bloodlines was an admirable effort, but a failure.

777 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo