Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 716 (Apprentice)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s Latest Slip
29. Re: Keep in mind this is a UK game Oct 29, 2005, 21:50 Squirmer

I'm not sure if you're joking, but you realise 'UK' and 'Europe' are two different things, right? Stalker and Op Flashpoint are European games, not UK games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s Latest Slip
27. Re: xBox 360? Oct 29, 2005, 20:41 Squirmer

There's nothing in this story to suggest Stalker will be an Xbox game. In fact to quote the story:

"... previously delayed PC title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl ..."

News Comments > New Cold War Demo
4. Re: No more Deam Catcher Oct 26, 2005, 19:56 Squirmer

Sorry, but after the Dungeon Lords incident I vowed to ignore Dream Catcher games. No matter how good the finished (HA!) game may be.

I've never understood comments like this in relation to publishers. Why boycott every game a publisher releases? You might not like one of their products, but it hardly seems fair to the people who actually make the games.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
17. Re: grrrrrr Oct 24, 2005, 09:55 Squirmer

Please do.

News Comments > Hitman Movie Writer Named
10. Re: No subject Oct 23, 2005, 00:06 Squirmer

Of course there's no guarantee that the movie character will be the same as the game character. It's only based on the game, after all, and writers and directors might go their own way.

News Comments > Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green Demo
8. Re: Sucks Oct 14, 2005, 19:32 Squirmer

The game's title makes me feel like a child molester for some reason.

News Comments > California Game Bill Signed
26. Re: bill Oct 7, 2005, 21:39 Squirmer

When the same system is applied to films and music I'll support this law. Until then, it's bullshit to target only games as though they're more harmful in some way.

News Comments > King Kong Demo Tomorrow
23. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 09:50 Squirmer

I have no idea how this game will play, but I have some hope for it. Peter Jackson personally asked Michel Ancel to make the game because he really liked Beyond Good & Evil. It suggests the important people involved at least care about making a quality product.

And this game is bound to sell on the back of the movie. So if Ancel wants to finish the BG&E trilogy, maybe Ubisoft will be more open to the idea. 'From the creator of King Kong', with some compliments from Peter Jackson on the back of the box?

News Comments > The Movies Dated
11. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2005, 19:48 Squirmer

I have a feeling the concept is much better than the actual game, but I hope I'm wrong.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Preloads
12. Re: Original.. Oct 6, 2005, 08:03 Squirmer

Considering how expensive a hobby computer gaming is, I'm really surprised by how tight some people are sometimes. Some even quibble about the $2 preorder saving.

News Comments > Psychonauts Patch
2. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2005, 00:02 Squirmer

I think it's still yet to be officially released outside of North America, so it's still got some selling to do.

News Comments > Peter Jackson & Halo Movie
28. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2005, 20:29 Squirmer

Shouldn't we be happy that the gaming medium is attracting such big names? I'm happy about it anyway.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. No subject Sep 29, 2005, 21:06 Squirmer

I think Firefly is extremely overrated. I guess you need to like Whedon's idea of humour, which I don't.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
52. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2005, 09:36 Squirmer

Yeah, dumbed down. I don't want to depend on my "ski11zors" in an RPG. Leave that to the shooters.

But in Morrowind you're already depending on your skills to position your character and swing your sword when you're within range. As soon as you have a 1st person perspective and precise control over your movement, you have to use your own skills a lot more. Oblivion just removes the dice rolls. It's not that big a difference as far as player skill is concerned.

39. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 21:17 Squirmer

Well then why have skills at all, or different weapon skills anyway. This still forces you to replay the game when you want to switch to staff weapons or whatever. Just get rid of all the weapon skills. Since you probably don't want that, you're really in the same camp as we are, you just draw the line at a different point.

Well if you're going to have skills (and don't assume I want them at all!) I think it would make sense to base them around the broadly different styles of play: fighter, thief, mage, whatever. Then you'd have to replay to try a different playstyle, which makes a lot more sense.

News Comments > Call of Duty 2 Demo
41. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 20:19 Squirmer

AMD FX-53
BFG 6800 Ultra OC 256mb
1gig ram
Audigy 2 ZS
77.72 nvidia drivers

Ran perfectly smooth for me.

What game wouldn't?

35. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 20:03 Squirmer

They grouped bladed weapons together to help playability. Now I can experience much more of the game using the single Bladed skill rather than needing to replay the game six times to try each weapon. I really don't know why people are complaining about that.

As for the combat, let's face facts here: Morrowind's combat sucked. Hard. It was awful. Why the hell do people want the same system in Oblivion?

Morrowind used pen and paper systems in a first person 3D setting and it just didn't work very well. Now they're taking advantage of that first person perspective by giving us more direct control, and that's a very good thing.

Like most others I do agree that the compass sounds like a bad idea. I can't imagine it will be very satisfying chasing an arrow around. I'd much prefer to follow directions, using my (unmarked) map, reading road signs and asking around. Some people might find it time-consuming, but come on, it's The Elder Scrolls. You're supposed to spend hundreds of hours playing it.

News Comments > Darwinia Patch, Updated Demo
8. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2005, 20:01 Squirmer

Not to mention that mouse gestures aren't innovative anyway. Black & White and Arx Fatalis come to mind immediately.

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Demo
115. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2005, 20:35 Squirmer

That's also when he came up with the asinine comment that "One day I'll make a game that features just one room, and people will say it's the best game ever!"
Funny enough, he never mentions that quote again, even when asked.

Probably because he never actually said it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Indigo Prophecy
23. Re: Censored Sep 21, 2005, 09:18 Squirmer

Err, I could have sworn that Australia has banned a load of games based on violence. I know that GTA3 was banned because you could beat up prostitutes, though the ban was eventually revoked. Manhunt, Phantasmagoria, Postal 2 and Dreamweb were/are banned in Australia, if Wikipedia is accurate.

That's mostly because Australia doesn't have an R18+ rating for games, so anything that would be classified R, including a high level of violence, is banned. GTA3 was banned not for simple violence, but because the ratings board decided that being able to have sex with a prostitute and then kill her constituted 'sexual violence'. So sex was still the problem. Kill the prostitute, fine, but sleep with her first!? They seem to have reversed that decision since, because the sequels were uncensored.

716 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo