Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 724 (Apprentice)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads Soon
12. Re: I'm gonna buy it Apr 15, 2006, 03:08 Squirmer

Well I for one am interested in the episodes. I think $20 is $5 too much, but ultimately it will depend on the quality.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Auto Assault
27. Re: Mmmmm.. paying for adware... Apr 13, 2006, 19:08 Squirmer

I was interested in this game because one of the content designers is the guy who wrote most of the script for Deus Ex, but I don't have the time to play an MMO now. And by the sound of it this one isn't much good.

News Comments > Commandos: Strike Force Patch
5. Re: LoL! Apr 11, 2006, 01:17 Squirmer

In case anyone's wondering, this game does not use Starforce.

News Comments > The Mod Squads
9. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2006, 19:03 Squirmer

This upgrade project has been going for years. I'm glad they're still going, but by the time they're done even the upgraded graphics will look awful, which defeats the point.

News Comments > Fly the Aussie Skies
6. Re: No subject Apr 9, 2006, 21:42 Squirmer

Yeah you shouldn't have potential recruits getting an accurate idea of life in the defence force.

News Comments > HoMM5 Demo Soon
19. Re: To answer your question... Apr 9, 2006, 20:01 Squirmer

And does anyone know how long the contract is? I wonder if Ubisoft actually wants to use it anymore or if they're just stuck in a contract.

News Comments > Tomb Raider: Legend Patch
16. Re: 6800GT=Woked great! Apr 8, 2006, 19:43 Squirmer

Are you claiming you run Oblivion at max detail with no slowdown on a Sempron 2600 and 6600GT?

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: Dark Messiah Apr 8, 2006, 01:14 Squirmer

You're not confusing Dark Messiah with HOMM5 are you?

News Comments > ATI Oblivion Beta Driver
4. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2006, 20:47 Squirmer

Good news for ATI users, but now I'm jealous.

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Legend US Delay
19. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2006, 20:46 Squirmer

Is anyone even going to play this, like who give a shit anymore, christ, let the franchise die.

Have you tried the demo? It's actually quite good. There's no reason to kill a franchise if it returns to quality.

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Lionhead
46. Re: Yay! Apr 6, 2006, 19:15 Squirmer

Remember that Microsoft is pushing 'Games for Windows' with Vista now. We might get some Vista-exclusive games, but I doubt they will all be console-exclusive.

News Comments > SiN Episode 1: Emergence Preloads
19. Re: Rob Apr 5, 2006, 20:11 Squirmer

So you are willing to spend 20 bucks (it's a lot fo money considering the quality) for 6 hours of HL2-like gameplay?
I prefer playing a 20+ hours game where I'll have the FULL experience right out of the box for a lower price.

Not many shooters are 20+ hours anymore.

And I think you're missing something. They haven't taken the full game and cut it into bits. Each episode will have a story arc. It might keep you hanging for the next one, but you are getting the 'full experience' in the sense that each episode is complete. You need to get your head around the different structure. TV shows aren't movies cut in half.

News Comments > Oblivion Downloads
6. Re: Bend over Apr 4, 2006, 18:49 Squirmer

Steam seems to be successful. They don't sell things as small and cheap but it's definitely very similar.

Really? The big blowup about Valve milking their customers has been their plan of releasing 4-6 hour long episodes for $20. That's 4-6 hours of actual gameplay, compared to $2 Bethesda is charging for a couple of new models.

Remember Lost Coast? Remember how it was a whole map with new technology integrated? And remember how that was totally free? Yeah, real similar.

News Comments > Beowulf PC Plans
8. Re: Wow Mar 29, 2006, 19:01 Squirmer

Looks/sounds pretty good, but I think they borrowed the "novel and unique" fighting system from Die By The Sword.

I would be thrilled if they did. And you're right: despite their claims, Beowulf won't be the first game to have totally free sword movement. I do wish more games would try it though.

News Comments > SiN Episodes: Emergence Delayed
16. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2006, 07:30 Squirmer

Call me crazy, but I hope it really takes off and developers just get better at it.

News Comments > Desperate Housewives Announced
8. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 17:51 Squirmer

Why the negativity? This sounds like a great idea. You'd prefer another WW2 shooter (or another shooter full stop)? Games need a wider range of content, and while I suspect this will be a Sims clone, it's a start. In reality it might be a rubbish game, but I like the idea.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
7. Re: On Warren Spector... Mar 21, 2006, 18:54 Squirmer

When the guy "creates" System Shock he is lauded as a game god for years, but when he "creates" DE2 and T3 he can't be called down, because "others were in charge?" Oh, yes he can. No double standards. He's the highest head on the totem pole. He PUT Harvey in control, who then screwed the whole thing up. And for T3, although Randy is a great designer, he was let go or fired or someshit which isn't completely clear, part of the way through, because his goals differed from those which Warren could successfully sell to the Eidos suits. So yeah, other guys were the design leads, but Warren was the weakest link, the boss, the go-between for ISA and Eidos, and for fans of the series, and he fell short. Besides, numerous interviews have shown he doesn't even get Thief. How could he properly support it, when he doesn't even get it?

Complete load of rubbish. First of all my post was in response to the accusation that Spector was 'past it' as a designer. As I said, the last game he actually designed was Deus Ex. Blaming him for putting Harvey in charge simply ignores the truth: that Spector wasn't involved in designing the game, so his ability as a designer shouldn't be judged by a game he didn't direct. It makes no sense.

Second, Randy Smith left Ion Storm for freelance design work right at the end of the project, not 'part of the way through'. The game was all but COMPLETE when he left. Interesting that you defend Randy Smith and offer excuses (the Eidos suits) yet critcise Harvey Smith when he was working in the same situation.

Third, the VERY REASON why Spector brought on Randy Smith as project director for Thief 3 is because he admitted they needed someone who understood Thief intimately. So it was in fact his decision as the studio head that brought on all those former Thief designers to work on Thief 3.

I think you just made up most of your post, didn't you?

4. Re: On Warren Spector... Mar 21, 2006, 01:38 Squirmer

He wasn't directly involved in DX2 or T3. He ran the company while others (Harvey Smith and Randy Smith) were the project directors. Saying Spector is 'past it' makes no sense since the last game he directed was Deus Ex (1).

News Comments > THQ Gets Unreal
6. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2006, 17:22 Squirmer

There's no reason why all games will look the same. It depends what companies do with the engine. Oblivion and Civ 4 both use Gamebryo, for example. Anachronox used the Quake 2 engine.

The very reason why everyone is using Unreal 3 is because of its flexibility.

3. Re: Rohn Jomero Mar 18, 2006, 01:22 Squirmer

I don't like the way he always seems to avoid blame for everything. Daikatana didn't work out the way he intended because of an inexperienced team, because people left during development, because of this and that. Never does he take any responsibility, all these years later.

He seems like a very self-centred person. I said this, I proposed that, I took over a chunk of Anachronox, and so on. A bit of humility could go a long way with him.

724 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo