Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 672 (Apprentice)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > The Late Show
4. Re: ... May 31, 2006, 10:49 Squirmer

I can't speak for anyone else, but I liked Alyx because she seemed real, not like some typical cliched game chick. But these videos represent her as exactly that: some 'cool' chick. I hope they're not indicative of Alyx in the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: HL2 Videos May 31, 2006, 07:53 Squirmer

Valve, you lose at cool. Whoever is making these videos needs to go back to his day job.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Wii price $250? May 27, 2006, 21:05 Squirmer

They said the price will not exceed US$250 or 25000 yen. The news article probably misunderstood that statement. Nintendo has hinted that the price will be US$199 by telling people to look at their previous console launch prices -- which have been $199.

3. Re: No subject May 26, 2006, 01:38 Squirmer

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the game, but these videos are pretty awful.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
18. Re: No subject May 25, 2006, 18:48 Squirmer

Scrapland was made by many of the same people who made Severance: Blade of Darkness. It's a very different setting.

News Comments > Oblivion Thieves Den
13. Re: No subject May 23, 2006, 06:57 Squirmer

Maybe they packaged 4-6 into DLC7 fearing more backlash.

In any case this one seems (without having tried it) to be much more substantial, and perhaps even worth the price if I wasn't bored stiff with Oblivion.

1. No subject May 19, 2006, 01:49 Squirmer

Hmm, the bad guy in the Dark Messiah clip looks like a clone of the movie version of Sauron ...

7. Re: No subject May 17, 2006, 09:09 Squirmer

If you think Diablo is an RPG, then I guess Hellgate is an RPG. If you think Diablo is.

The more I see of this game the more it looks terribly boring. Running around random maps killing wave after wave of repetitive monsters. I don't see the attraction.

News Comments > New Source Map Plans
30. Re: May 16, 2006, 18:58 Squirmer

The more I think about it, the more I think that unlocking the game in the middle of E3 was done to crap out the early adopters. Note how it's been almost a week, and neither IGN nor GameSpot have a review up...

I doubt every IGN and Gamespot contributor was at E3 ... It's more likely they don't have a review because there was no publisher to mail out a review copy two weeks before it was released. If game sites have to actually pay for a game, and wait until it's released like the rest of us, their review is generally late. Funny that.

You might not like the game, but clearly plenty of people do. And I think Ritual has faith in it as well.

News Comments > New Source Map Plans
29. Re: May 16, 2006, 18:52 Squirmer

It's a good game. I don't generally like basic shooters, but Emergence was just fun. People still complaining about the length probably haven't played it. It took me 4 days on and off to finish it, and for $20 that's pretty good ... assuming you judge a game's value by how long it lasts, which you really shouldn't. I don't see how you could finish it in one sitting unless you have no other life commitments at all.

My only complaint is that it's too hard. I had to reload many times to get through certain areas, which is frustrating. Ritual is apparently working on a patch to fix that, so I look forward to playing it again when it's released.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy: SiN Episodes: Emergence
63. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 03:12 Squirmer

I think it's one of the better shooters around right now. It's definately fun, which is the most important thing. I don't mind the price. It costs less than most DVDs and lasts longer, so I think it's reasonable value for money. I'm not sure about longitivity, though. I think Ritual is getting ahead of themselves listing 9 episodes. 4 or 5 episodes spread over 18 or 24 months, maybe, but I think I'd be bored to death if it went on any longer. It's a standard shooter, after all, and unless they start bending genres and adding really new stuff, it will get old.

News Comments > MS's Online Gaming Service
45. Re: No subject May 10, 2006, 08:49 Squirmer

What I'm concerned about is that we'll lose the freedom and customisability of online PC gaming. Do you think we'll see the same kind of diverse content if we have to use Microsoft's service? The same customised servers running various mods, and so on? These are genuine questions, because I'm not sure what kind of effect it will have.

News Comments > MS's Online Gaming Service
14. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 20:58 Squirmer

It sounds like this will encourage more cross-platform games, and as we know from experience there are very few good cross-platform games. I'm not jumping over the moon about this.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: OMFG what a Moron May 8, 2006, 21:12 Squirmer

This reads like a fake to me, with all the spelling and grammar errors. And this:

During your interview, Thompson also gives antidotes from his new book, "Out of Harm's Way" (Tyndale House Publishers).

Antidotes?

News Comments > Friday Game Reviews
2. Re: Fire Department 3 May 5, 2006, 10:49 Squirmer

Wow. I can't imagine how a mistake like that happens. Funny though.

News Comments > CoD Console vs PC
15. Re: No subject May 5, 2006, 02:12 Squirmer

The whole series is simplistic arcade rubbish, console or not.

News Comments > Project IM Becomes Interstellar Marines
5. Re: Co-op! May 5, 2006, 02:10 Squirmer

I think they should try again ...

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads
36. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2006, 22:53 Squirmer

So does this mean Steam no longer requires you to make a connection with their server everytime you just want to launch a single player game?

I see this mentioned again and again, but I don't know why. If Steam can't connect for some reason, it gives you the option of loading in 'offline mode'. And as long as all the games are properly downloaded (i.e. the last time you loaded Steam you didn't close it down during the download process) you will able to play all the single player games.

The only reason I can think of why people don't know this is because they actually do have a permanent internet connection and therefore never saw the 'offline mode' option. And that's really kind of funny.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads
22. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2006, 19:53 Squirmer

It might be a deal with a publisher or something like that, but it's advertising as much as anything. Downloading all that data is a deterrent to online distribution, so they give all potential customers plenty of chance to get ready without feeling like they've 'missed out' because their connection isn't fast enough. Let's face it, the ability to have the game ready to go as soon as it's released and be able to play it at the same time as everyone else is an effective way to hype the game.

Remember, games sell by far the highest number of copies in the first week of release, in no small part due to hype. Why would Valve effectively stagger the release for their customers and kill that anticipation?

News Comments > Battle for Atlantis & White Gold Revealed
2. Re: White Gold: War In Paradise. Apr 28, 2006, 20:20 Squirmer

Yeah, Deep Shadows did Boiling Point. They mentioned a couple of months ago that they're working on a sequel, so maybe this is it. Let's hope they're able to finish this one. I assume they're still working on Precursors as well ...

672 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo