Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 777 (Graduate)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2014, 16:02 Squirmer

ASeven wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 15:13:
Also, IGDA... this is why GG exists.
GG exists because GG has created a need for a brute force approach to blocking abusers? Seems a bit recursive.

Some people are getting unintentionally blocked because the tool has a very broad method to identify accounts. Inevitably some people will accidentally get caught in the crossfire. But the real issue is that there's a need for this blocklist just so people can get on with their lives without being harassed on the internet. The only "ethics" issue here is that GG has created a need for this blocklist in the first place.

Here's the thing: the people using this tool do not want to communicate with GG supporters. GG supporters have no God-given right to communicate with the people who use this blocklist. Outrage about this is predicated on the notion that GG supporters have anything of substance to say. Their self-victimization is hilarious.

(Also worth noting that some Blues commenters have put me on their ignore list just because they don't agree with my opinion on this subject. I'm so oppressed, where is my human right to demand people on the internet listen to what I say!?!?!? Hope you can see how pathetic that sounds.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
17. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 23, 2014, 15:37 Squirmer

It's pretty funny comparing the reactions to this game and Elite.

Elite killed a feature to focus on the core game and people are outraged.

With Star Citizen, people are outraged that the devs won't kill features to focus on the core game.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2014, 17:33 Squirmer

Pretty stupid move by CCP. According to the website, the Bloodlines remake would have required a copy of the original game, so it would have driven sales, much like the fan patches have. CCP seems incapable of making their own V:tM games, so they might as well support people who are capable.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 21, 2014, 19:43 Squirmer

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 17:43:
Even so, it reflects poorly on Kickstarted games.
It reflects poorly on this one. I've backed over a dozen crowdfunded games, and only one was abandoned (due to family health problems), and one other under-delivered and turned out to be pretty shit (Starforge). Several have now been finished, and several more seem to be progressing well.

You just have to judge carefully and be willing to lose the money you put in, remembering that you're funding, not pre-ordering.

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
11. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 19:32 Squirmer

If you want a console just buy a damn console. PCs are supposed to be open platforms that give users flexibility. Why would you want to totally undermine the unique features of the form?  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content
7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content Nov 20, 2014, 22:53 Squirmer

Considering the game is so easy with upgrades, I'd say the "challenge mode" is more of a balance fix. A new epic rune is a trivial addition. The new skin is nice.

Free is great, I'm just pointing out that calling this "FREE CONTENT!" is putting a marketing spin on something very minor. Compare with that free update to Goat Simulator which adds a significant amount of new stuff.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Free Content Nov 20, 2014, 21:18 Squirmer

Pretty broad definition of "content"  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
144. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 19:01 Squirmer

Personally I'm more interested in Enemy Starfighter.  

143. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 19:01 Squirmer

Might want to wait and see what Limit Theory turns out like. I'm still not convinced there's an actual game there. All the dev updates seem to be about how amazing the UI is.  

119. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 17:01 Squirmer

Wish these gamers would just take it to court instead of insisting it's illegal but never doing anything about it.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Nov 17, 2014, 02:02 Squirmer

The HR ending makes way less sense, because it suggests Jensen is so miraculously persuasive that he can alter human history with one video broadcast. At least in DX1 you have different objectives and you make a material impact.  

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
173. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:29 Squirmer

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 00:16:
walrus1 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:37:
  • Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 20:29:
    Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:35:
    I was looking forward to this game. I was all set to buy it for Xmas. This is going to cost them a metric shit ton of sales. What happens to the company if the vast majority of backers demand their money back? Company folds then there's no game at all. Fuck if some lawsuits don't roll out from this.

We need to keep a running tally on how often Cutter claims there will be a class action lawsuit over something on the internet.
    Guy loves his lawsuits.

In this case he might be very well right. This is a case of fraud and might very well end up in court.

Yeah, because America isn't the land of lawsuits. Jesus, why do you people not have that troll on ignore?
    Probs the same reason they don't have you on ignore, even though you're literally an insane person.

News Comments > etc.
    5. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2014, 16:50 Squirmer

Human Revolution was a pale imitation. It had the makings of a good Deus Ex game but they were drowned in cinematic crap, bad augmentation design, horrendous level design, and shitty writing. It was the studio's first game so we'll see what they do next time.  

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
    38. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 14, 2014, 18:15 Squirmer

Steam's hardware survey says about 40% of people have 8GB or more. By the time the game is released, it should be plenty more.  

News Comments > Op Ed
    4. Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2014, 20:39 Squirmer

Interesting perspective from Double Fine, which I guess is a "mid-sized" developer

Similarly unimportant when it comes to moving the needle on sales was the traditional gaming press. Bailey said when he first arrived at Double Fine, one of his big misconceptions was that the press would have a huge impact on sales. Even with the company's Double Fine Presents publishing service, Bailey had expected that simply including these other games in Double Fine's press list would help them get a lot more traction and exposure, but that didn't pan out.

News Comments > etc.
    26. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 16:55 Squirmer

I was pretty caustic a week or so ago when I said GG was done with, and my post was deleted, but yeah, GG is dead. It achieved nothing but to reinforce the wider perception that gamers are pathetic social outliers, so gg to GG for that.

If you think GG still has any value, you must live a very insular life in that echo chamber that Damion Schubert mentioned. The movement has been an utter failure.

News Comments > etc.
    25. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 16:49 Squirmer

Necrophob wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 12:23:
    Of course no AAA is going to come out pro-gamergate. That's just bad business. Let's just set aside the fact that it's the AAA's that have marginalized and objectified women in their games this whole time in the first place.
    Ah, good to see you support Sarkeesian's video series where she examines this.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Next Month
    8. Re: Game Awards 2014 Next Month Nov 11, 2014, 04:32 Squirmer

There are plenty of book awards, they're just not celebrity worship like the Oscars or consumer bullshit like game awards.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
    2. Re: If Twitter Won’t Handle Its Massive Harassment Problem, These Women Will. Nov 8, 2014, 19:32 Squirmer

What are you afraid of?  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
    39. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 16:20 Squirmer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:50:
    The price on Steam was utterly ridiculous. They wanted £50 ($80), which is an insult. As much as I love the Far Cry series I will never pay that much.

Same in Aus (that's been the case the years now). Ass Creed Unity is even worse, they want A$120 for it (US$100).

777 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo