Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 672 (Apprentice)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Bureau XCOM Declassified YOLO Trailer
12. Re: The Bureau XCOM Declassified YOLO Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 18:13 Squirmer

I assume this is a joke but it's hard to tell with this game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2013, 10:32 Squirmer

I don't see what anonymity has to do with this anyway.

Phil Fish. Marcus Beer.

That's who was involved here, and neither are anonymous.

Fish might have been copping abuse routinely from other people too, but that's not what brought it to a head. And maybe he wouldn't cop so much abuse if he didn't act like a smug abusive asshole to other people. It's the internet; act like a prick and you should know what's about to come your way.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2013, 21:24 Squirmer

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 20:09:
Blade of Darkness, huh? I love that game. I have the disc version, but it's a pain in the butt to run on any OS newer than Windows 98.

Does anyone have experience running GoG Blade of Darkness on Windows 7?
Yeah it works fine for me on my ATI card. The disc version had huge problems with cutscenes not working properly etc, but the GoG version works. There's a bunch of config options you can set in the launcher so maybe just play around with those if you have any trouble.

News Comments > Redshirt Video
6. Re: Redshirt Video Jul 20, 2013, 19:19 Squirmer

I'd be interested if social networking didn't make me puke (even if this is poking fun at it).  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Beta in October; Release Delayed
4. Re: Wasteland 2 Beta in October; Release Delayed Jul 19, 2013, 20:09 Squirmer

He means Double Fine I'm guessing. They're only releasing the first half of their game to begin with because they ran out of money.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins Jul 16, 2013, 20:11 Squirmer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 17:51:
Worthwhile game, or just another grinding machine in a shiny package?

GW2 is probably the least grindy MMO of its type, though there's still some. It respects your time better than others. If you don't want to put down money for it yet, keep an eye out for the free weekends they do every so often and see how you like it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
18. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 29, 2013, 00:04 Squirmer

kanniballl wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 22:37:
In this case: he has a LOT of donaters. So... once he's done and releases it, how many potential customers will be left?
-

Plenty? There are about 200,000 backers, and the PC market is bigger than that. There are many people who don't want to back a project in the early stages but will buy it later if it actually turns out well.

You can be sure they'll have ways to monetize the game once it's released too, like more ship DLC, and I think there was talk of a subscription of some kind. I'm sure they'll make plenty of money.

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
7. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 20:49 Squirmer

This is just marketing. Doesn't mean anything in practice.  

News Comments > Trion Layoffs
2. Re: Trion Layoffs May 17, 2013, 20:39 Squirmer

Good riddance? What did they do to you? Taking pleasure in people losing their jobs is shitty.

Anyway, if 80% is anywhere near accurate, they must have had a huge number of people working on Defiance, and it pretty much tanked. I'm surprised the TV show was renewed, guess it's doing a little better.

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
35. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 21:03 Squirmer

Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 13:10:
I'll believe the sun will set in the North tomorrow before I believe a report from Polygon quoting "Anonymous Sources."

Creston
This Bioware Montreal designer says he's heard the same rumours: https://twitter.com/manveerheir/status/327856310790012928

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
12. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 04:02 Squirmer

Hyatus wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 22:42:
lack of publisher oversight

What's the problem with this one?
It's fine if the developers are competent. If they're not, you end up with 5 years of hell.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell
6. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 23, 2013, 10:19 Squirmer

All that THINKING and PRESSING BUTTONS really ruins videogames for me.  

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
12. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:39 Squirmer

ldonyo wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:19:
I would say survival horror got its start with the original Alone In The Dark game in 1992, not Resident Evil. I still have my copy of this game, although I bought the GOG.com version to play on Win 7. There is a wikipedia entry for this game at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark_(video_game)

Wikipedia says Resident Evil coined the term, so I guess they're entitled to the claim. But yeah, the genre has origins earlier than that.

News Comments > FIFA 14 Announced: Features Emotional Goal Scoring
4. Re: FIFA 14 Announced: Features Emotional Goal Scoring Apr 17, 2013, 11:04 Squirmer

Real Ball Physics now determines the trajectories of balls, enabling players to kick the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping or turbulent shots, just like real players.

Can't help but read this sexually.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2013, 20:23 Squirmer

PHJF wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 17:46:
Maybe it was just the actor but I preferred Spartacus in season one when it was nothing BUT a guilty pleasure.
Andy Whitfield certainly had more screen presence. The show became really good during that first season, though, not after it. The second half of the first season is great.

The thing that impressed me about the show is its pacing. It managed to make every episode satisfying while compelling you to watch more. Particularly in the second season, there tended to be two climaxes per episode, so you'd have some conflict and resolution 3/4 of the way through, then have another cliffhanger at the end to make you watch the next episode. Satisfying rather than annoying.

Compare with Game of Thrones, which has a number of interesting scenes in each episode, but whenever there's a conflict (physical or emotional) that's going to move the story forward, that's where they cut it and we have to wait until next week. That's much less satisfying, because you think back on each episode and realise that not much actually happened, in terms of plot movement. Or maybe it's just me. (I still like the show a lot.)

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
6. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 12, 2013, 10:34 Squirmer

Now where are all the people who were claiming the half-assed PC port was totally fine?  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2013, 10:14 Squirmer

10 years later, I think the IW jokes are a bit old now.

It seems to be based on his relationship with his father who killed himself. So hilarious.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 19:01 Squirmer

Talutha wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 15:37:
NewMaxx wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 15:17:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 14:49:
in terms of choices (which never pan out)

Secret text below, avoid if you haven't finished the game =).

The choices never pan out because no matter what Booker's choices are, the same conclusion always happens. This is shown early on with the brother and sister scene when the coin always lands on heads. The chalkboard shows all of Booker's coin flips throughout the dimensions.

You can see another example right at the end of the game where you are given the illusion of choice in the plank section. It doesn't matter the choice, the outcome is always the same.

This is the same thing people said to defend the 'twist' in Bioshock 1, where you were ridiculed for being manipulated even though you had no other choice. Except to stop playing.

Levine and co must be laughing their asses off watching people defend their poor game design because "that's the point of the story!!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 18:53 Squirmer

Redmask wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 18:02:
Unlike most games which forget that the gameplay is supposed to be in service to something,

Excuse me? It's a game. Everything should be in service of the gameplay. Everything.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2013, 12:30 Squirmer

Walker just needs to get on with posting the articles he keeps talking about. It's all these self-indulgent articles that ultimately revolve around him that people are fed up with. RPS seems to have more articles explaining the social issues they're going to talk about than articles actually about those issues.

(E.g. the article expressing concerns about violence at the start of the year, which claimed they would be making it a big issue, but which has resulted in nothing since.)

672 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo