Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 913 (Graduate)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman Console DLC This Month
16. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 4, 2015, 01:25 Squirmer

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 20:44:
Bullshit, they've said on Twitter that there would be no DLC worked on until the PC version is fixed, and guess what? DLC released. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Actually said this on Twitter a week ago:

To clarify: PC is top priority for engine team but there'll still be updates for consoles too. Not all issues are fixed by same people.
https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/614555527830466562

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman Console DLC This Month
7. Re: Batman Console DLC This Month Jul 3, 2015, 19:02 Squirmer

If you really think fixing the PC version isn't a priority, you're being a petulant baby. They pulled the PC version from sale, so they're passing up money every day they don't have it fixed. Of course it's a priority.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2015, Part Five
2. Re: It Came from E3 2015, Part Five Jun 26, 2015, 10:44 Squirmer

His baby's all grown up, just with a bit of brain damage received along the way.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2015, 21:20 Squirmer

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 20:54:
Which tells me he as absolutely no clue about anyone younger than 40 or the fact that nobody gives a shit how they look when they sit half-naked in front of their high-end gaming altar.. VR or not, doesn't exactly change a damn thing and how you look matters absolutely nothing when you are half-naked because your gaming rig is making the room hot as shit ;p
Half-naked people sitting in front of their "gaming rig" make up an extremely small proportion of the population. If those are the people who are supposed to be driving VR, Spector's point seems even more valid.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted
15. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted Jun 23, 2015, 18:52 Squirmer

NKD wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 17:46:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 16:36:

Yeah, it makes sense for them to do it that way, but it's not great for the people who've played for several years, maybe bought craploads of gems, to be told that they're basically irrelevant and can't you please just go away/die already.

Yep it really sucks. I'm sad to see the subscription model for MMOs dying out because it's really the only model that allows a game to stay afloat without milking its customers for every penny or requiring huge influxes of new players. It also puts everyone on the same footing, more or less.
What about all those MMOs that charge a subscription AND offer microtransaction items? $15 for a month's play, oh and here's a new horse you can buy for $20 too. You really miss that model?

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
17. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 19:09 Squirmer

This is pretty weird. I wouldn't have considered Sunset a "game for gamers" at all. I haven't played it, but figured it was more along the lines of walking sims like Gone Home and so forth, more of an emerging niche (a very boring one imo, but some people seem to like those games). I don't know why they were trying to compromise their own ideas if they went the Kickstarter route; surely Kickstarter is good for putting your own ideas out there, not making a game for some imagined audience.

Anyway, these two might be interesting artists, but they're not game designers. From reading some Steam reviews, it seems like the "gameplay" in this game involves pressing one of two buttons occasionally, and just doesn't sound very interesting. And it inexplicably suffers from performance issues.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
40. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 19:19 Squirmer

I think ArenaNet could calm people down by throwing in a character slot at the $50 level, or dropping the expansion price to $40. They'll need to do something, this is really bad press for them.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 19, 2015, 10:55 Squirmer

I think people are missing the point a bit. No one's saying Eidos can't use themes of bigotry and segregation etc. The problem is the specific use of the term "apartheid" which was a specific set of policies resulting in the oppression of the black population and curtailment their rights. Many people died in the struggle against those policies.

It's an easy term to throw around, but much harder to handle with sensitivity and respect for the people who suffered under it. Using it to market your videogame story could seem pretty insensitive since they're not addressing the actual policy of apartheid as it existed in the real world; they're just leveraging an emotional term as shorthand. It's a bit gross that Eidos literally trademarked the term apartheid.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
16. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 19, 2015, 01:45 Squirmer

Looks like still has the same problems as HR, like giving XP for every little thing you do. You get 10-20xp for each enemy you KO/kill, but if you ghost past them presumably you get nothing. Not surprising, since their definition of ghosting is KOing every enemy.

And the hacking minigame is back, so I guess half of all the augs will be devoted to that again.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 17, 2015, 21:49 Squirmer

Just hope that "color correction" doesn't make things the same piss yellow color of HR.  

News Comments > HITMAN Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: HITMAN Gameplay Trailer Jun 17, 2015, 21:46 Squirmer

Unless the game is actually a movie, this is not a "gameplay" trailer.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Preorders
15. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of the Storm Preorders Jun 17, 2015, 18:23 Squirmer

Tim Collins wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 12:23:
GW2 was a letdown for me bigtime and feels like cashgrab especially with this expansion...
Yeah that no-subscription model and all those free updates they released over the past 3 years was definitely a cash grab...

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced
6. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced Jun 15, 2015, 21:34 Squirmer

Ubisoft's "open worlds" are always very shallow. If it's a good shooter like the Far Crys it might be worth playing, but I'm not expecting much more.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Announced
15. Re: Dishonored 2 Announced Jun 15, 2015, 19:32 Squirmer

It's not gameplay, but it's a mockup of gameplay. They did the same with the first game's trailer. That's representative of how it will play, but technically not gameplay.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
33. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 01:01 Squirmer

Yeah it does look like shit, but yeah it doesn't matter.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 18:03 Squirmer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 17:18:
What the FUCK is The Witcher 3 doing BEHIND utter shite like ARK, GTA V and CSGO???

This supports the turd pic of that indie dude where he said the gaming industry is going to shit. He's right. It is going down the shitter real fast when quality games like TW3 rank lower than complete garbage like ARK, GTA V and the rehash of a two decades old MP shooter.
Remember most Witcher 3 purchases are on GOG. Add these platforms together and it might well be on top.

News Comments > Dishonored Game Announcement Accidentally Spoiled
12. Re: Dishonored Game Announcement Accidentally Spoiled Jun 14, 2015, 17:55 Squirmer

ASeven wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 15:49:
Heard the audio as well, nowhere do they leak about Dishonered or any other project, unless I missed something.
It's obviously Arkane's next project anyway, otherwise there's no reason for Smith and Colantonio to be there. Whether it's Dishonored 2 or something else, we'll find out soon.

It's been a long time since Dishonored, so it's about time they announced something.

News Comments > YouTube Gaming This Summer
8. Re: YouTube Gaming This Summer Jun 12, 2015, 23:45 Squirmer

Youtube is actually functional most of the time, more than I can say for Twitch.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 11, 2015, 21:51 Squirmer

Shok wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:36:
My Witcher 3 key (GoG only) came with my Nvidia 970 vid card which was offered by Nvidia to all purchasers of the latest video cards.

I'm sure lots bought it on GoG but quite a few got it free with their vid card purchases...
Same, but the news post (i.e. marketing) is about the Galaxy client, which is still optional.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 11, 2015, 19:00 Squirmer

OK, so on the one hand people say: "GO AND MAKE YOUR OWN GAME, STOP RUINING MY VIDEOGAMES"

Then when someone goes and makes a game: "THIS IS NOT A GAME IT'S SOME SJW BULLSHIT, STOP RUINING MY VIDEOGAMES"

(Also, one of the Offworld articles linked in that interview is one in which Hudson writes about how she loves Bloodborne. Contrary to the hysteria coming from gamers, they are not opposed to traditional "hardcore" games, they just want more diversity.)

913 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo