Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 777 (Graduate)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GSC Game World Back in Business
11. Re: GSC Game World Back in Business Dec 21, 2014, 23:42 Squirmer

There are plenty of worthwhile mods besides Complete. There's Oblivion Lost which re-implements some of the A-life stuff that was stripped out of the released game. Misery has a lot of fans. Lost Alpha is a really big release, though I haven't played it yet.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
12. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 18, 2014, 20:39 Squirmer

Should change his nickname to Scarface.  

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
51. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 06:42 Squirmer

Wesp5 wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 04:11:
Just to give my two cents, as Steam is with distance the biggest online game distributer, this is not something like a single store not holding a product...
It's digital distribution, so there's an unlimited number of copies available, no matter where you live, so they only need one place to sell it. Or even their own website. I imagine most people will just pirate it out of curiosity though.

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
21. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 22:44 Squirmer

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:15:
bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:04:
mellis wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:45:
Shame really that such censorship exists. If they replaced 'people' with 'zombies' - no one would bat an eyelid.

That's because there is a massive different between cold blooded slaughter of innocents for "fun" vs fighting for survival against a monster (that is already dead anyway).

In a game? What's the difference? You press a button, animation plays, scripts fire, particles fly from emitters, models play animations, red decal left behind... such difference, what amaze!

In case you didn't get my lame meme use, I am saying, there is no friggin gameplay difference AT ALL. You are arguing over how a model looks, not how gameplay is.

If you replaced all l4d zombies with babies, nuns and angels it would change nothing about the gameplay.
Yeah but you'd need to get to a point where you don't think of the things you're shooting as babies, nuns and angels, and that only happens after you play for a while. The initial response to killing babies in a videogame would be repulsion (unless you're a very disturbed person already).

The representation of object in games does matter. If it didn't, developers wouldn't spend so much time and money on in-game models, they'd just use abstract shapes. The gameplay would be exactly the same.

News Comments > Hatred Greenlight Campaign
18. Re: Hatred Greenlight Campaign Dec 15, 2014, 20:34 Squirmer

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:07:
I sort of like the way it looks. It isn't real, keep telling yourself that because it is true. I'm anti-real machine gun/tanks for citizens, but have no problems devastating pixels. Not sure why Steam wouldn't carry it. Do they not understand what they sell isn't real?
Doesn't matter if it's not "real". If someone made a film about a guy who runs around killing Jews because he hates Jews, and the film celebrates his hatred, it would not be picked up by any respectable distributor. But would you say it's totally fine because it's just a film and not real?

News Comments > Op Ed
66. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 17:54 Squirmer

Some reviewers did mention the game's sexism at the time, though, like Gamespot, and it led to thousands of abusive comments and a reworking of Gamespot's comments system.

But more than that, yes I'm sure there's a certain amount of groupthink here, and I'm sure many critics had a great time with the game and only later started complaining about sexism. Maybe that makes them hypocritical to some extent, but it's also entirely possible to enjoy a game while disliking certain aspects of it. I don't think anyone is saying GTA5 is a bad game because it has these problems, or that nobody should play it. They just want some specific problems addressed.

I don't think losing the ability to hire prostitutes would actually hurt the game in any way. Especially since you get nothing out of it nowadays anyway.

News Comments > Borderlands: Remastered Edition Rating Spied
5. Re: Borderlands: Remastered Edition Rating Spied Dec 12, 2014, 17:38 Squirmer

Well, if people are happy to pay for a game twice... It's their money I suppose.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2014, 16:45 Squirmer

I don't see why people are excited about it. It's literally just a small area that you float through, like an Oculus tech demo. They say "there's a game in there" but they haven't shown it yet.  

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
29. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 06:21 Squirmer

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:17:
DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too.
Are you being serious.

News Comments > Deus Ex "Dawn" Engine Revealed; DX Universe Clarified
16. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 18:15 Squirmer

If only the game itself was as good as the music.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 3, 2014, 22:01 Squirmer

lol, are you guys seriously unable to control yourselves at the sight of part of a women's chest? It's like a glimpse of skin triggers some kind of insane smash-the-bitch mode.  

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
63. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 21:59 Squirmer

So I guess this is a "consumer revolt", then?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 2, 2014, 02:12 Squirmer

Oh I'm sure he's heard of it ...  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2014, 16:32 Squirmer

30fps makes for a far worse experience than screen tearing.  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
4. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 21:23 Squirmer

Newsflash, MMOs take time to make.  

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2014, 16:48 Squirmer

They're trying to protect themselves from harassment and abuse, dude. If you seriously can't appreciate that, there's just something wrong with you.  

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2014, 06:58 Squirmer

Back to the start. Inevitably people will get unintentionally blocked when a brute force approach is used. The issue is that a brute force approach is necessary in the first place to clean out the sludge. That gamergaters are so angry shows the blocklist did its job.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2014, 01:47 Squirmer

Actually don't you think this anger at a blocklist (on the basis that it creates an echo chamber) is a bit hypocritical given that GG has blacklists of "SJW" websites they don't like?  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2014, 20:53 Squirmer

Twitter also has a block function. They're using that.

Also I assume you're not actually suggesting that everyone using this blocklist is a genocidal demon from space, so the rest of your post is a bit too hysterical to respond to.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2014, 19:24 Squirmer

If anyone's guilty of operating in an echo chamber, it's GG. You're still assuming the GGers have something worthwhile to say. This thing's been going on for 3 months now, and I suspect the people using this blocklist have heard all the "criticism" by now. The fact remains that people want to use Twitter to communicate with their colleagues, not to get bombarded by a bunch of angry gamers every time they say something.

Just consider what it must be like, sorting through your mentions to see if your colleagues are communicating with you, and having to discard reams of gamergate shit all the time. Maybe you can understand why someone would want to block all that out instead of spending inordinate amounts of time managing it.

777 Comments. 39 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo