Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Squirmer

Real Name Squirmer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 23:14
Total Comments 668 (Apprentice)
User ID 14094

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
6. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 21, 2014, 21:48 Squirmer

Ironic since mobile game platforms are anything but open.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel
39. Re: Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel Jul 21, 2014, 19:50 Squirmer

Asmo wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 18:35:
And ultimately, you do have a choice. You could choose to stop playing the game.
Hahahahaha

You know what other game features this same shocking choice? Every single one of them. If you want to make an interesting commentary on games specifically you have to give players choices, since player agency is a defining quality of the medium. Yager just slapped a story on a boring game and pretended it was doing more than it was.

The game is a film basically, and Michael Haneke already made this film in 1997 (and many film critics rightly mocked him for it).

News Comments > Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel
1. Re: Yager: No Spec Ops: The Line Sequel Jul 21, 2014, 09:11 Squirmer

Alternatively, the "intellectual approach" is the only thing that made an otherwise stock standard cover shooter stand out in any way.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 19:56 Squirmer

Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2014, 19:42:
The truth is that you simply dislike DayZ and don't understand its popularity and thus you feel obligated to dismiss its success as hollow and undeserved. It's a means of self-validation and lets you feel like your opinion is correct even if it conflicts with the opinions of the majority.

Bingo.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Jumps Into Parkour
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Jumps Into Parkour Jul 18, 2014, 11:45 Squirmer

Some fat nerd's gonna break his neck on that course.  

News Comments > Darkwood Trailer; Early Access Next Week
2. Re: Darkwood Trailer; Early Access Next Week Jul 17, 2014, 20:21 Squirmer

Looking forward to this.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 20:20 Squirmer

Charging a subscription for this game was always a stupid idea. The whole industry has been moving away from that model for years, so this was so backwards. I assume the higher ups are still in love with the idea of matching WoW's revenue and haven't realized the situation has changed since 2003.  

News Comments > Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details
2. Re: Rumor: Year-old Dishonored 2 Details Jul 15, 2014, 10:27 Squirmer

Bizarre comment. It had the same art director but a radically different setting, a painterly style rather than a realistic one, and an entirely different engine.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 17:36 Squirmer

If people have fun playing these particular buggy unfinished games, what business is it of yours? Don't buy them if you don't want, and let other people buy them if they want.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jul 12, 2014, 20:16 Squirmer

Independent games only get high scores if they have a quirky art style and pretensions of intellectualism. Otherwise they get marks off for being indie.  

News Comments > Humble 2K Bundle
16. Re: Humble 2K Bundle Jul 9, 2014, 01:13 Squirmer

I am a hollow shell because I have donated all my internal organs to those in need, and I exist now only in the online ether.  

12. Re: Humble 2K Bundle Jul 8, 2014, 23:51 Squirmer

That's what I'm saying. Beamer's heart is bleeding for the large corporate body that's missing out on cash, whereas I'm suggesting that charities are more deserving of the money. I think we need to question Beamer's motive here.  

10. Re: Humble 2K Bundle Jul 8, 2014, 23:15 Squirmer

I'd rather give my money to a charity than a big videogame publisher, but that's because I'm not an awful person.  

5. Re: Humble 2K Bundle Jul 8, 2014, 20:52 Squirmer

Best part is you can give all the money to charity and zero to 2K.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 5, 2014, 17:47 Squirmer

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:34:
totally unsubstantiated
The source code is not enough, you'll only believe what the NSA tells you? Maybe you haven't been paying attention for the past year, but we're way past the point where secretive intelligence agencies can be trusted on anything.

News Comments > GSC Game World Retracts Areal Endorsement
12. Re: GSC Game World Retracts Areal Endorsement Jun 30, 2014, 17:05 Squirmer

What is GSC nowadays anyway? Couple of guys sitting around in their lounge room? They're probably not in a position to be giving professional statements.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband OS X and Linux Betas
3. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband OS X and Linux Betas Jun 30, 2014, 01:49 Squirmer

You'll be glad they did when Microsoft's stupidity finally kills Windows and we all have to play on Linux machines.

Anyway, it's not like old games stop selling completely, especially when they have continued visibility thanks to Steam sales. If they sell a few thousand copies it may well be financially viable.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jun 27, 2014, 18:36 Squirmer

I like how Polygon takes that Simpsons episode, which is about the dangers of parents denying their child's ability to grow up as well as a criticism of moral panics, and suggests games need to adjust to please the Marge Simpsons of the world. Way to miss the point entirely.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 17, 2014, 23:02 Squirmer

Braben's done a lot of work getting kids into programming with low cost computers etc I think. It's not just for his games.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Story Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Story Trailer Jun 17, 2014, 22:58 Squirmer

"... and we've done new storytelling techniques to get that across. Our cinematics ..."

yeah ok

668 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo