Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drew Vogel

Real Name Drew Vogel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname VogelAP
Email drew@drewvogel.com
ICQ 5172740
Description Runs with knives.
Homepage http://www.drewvogel.com
Signed On Nov 22, 1999, 13:38
Total Comments 113 (Novice)
User ID 1409

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Early Access Release Unreleased
6. Re: Early Access Release Unreleased Sep 3, 2014, 09:03 VogelAP

"as neither Valve nor developer SuperCrit has not responded to their questions about this" -- double negative.  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
31. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 17:21 VogelAP

Raise your hand if you're tired of seeing it raise money, and are ready to see tangible, playable results (instead of "commercials"). Yeah, it's wonderful that it's the universe's most successful Kickstarter and all, but ... isn't it time to produce something actually playable and fun? Nothing I've see so far -- NOTHING -- indicates that this will be fun. A hanger to walk around in? Yawn.

<raises hand>

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2014, 09:07 VogelAP

What desert are you going to? Will you take your dessert with you to the desert?  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Blackwell Deception Free
2. Re: Blackwell Deception Free Oct 31, 2013, 10:29 VogelAP

But it's not...

Demand for this vendor's products is too high to be fulfilled at this time. Please contact the vendor directly at http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Saints Row IV Steam Preloads
4. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 16, 2013, 22:29 VogelAP

Quite looking forward to playing this one. I really enjoyed SR3, the first I've played in the series.  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2013, 12:15 VogelAP

nin wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 09:56:
Have you considered chipping the dogs (or perhaps already done it)? I've come close a couple of times for my cats, even though they're inside only, just in case something were to happen...
Excellent advice. My wife, who is a veterinarian, chips all our critters (inside or outside). Also, when any strays come to her office, they scan for chips as a matter of practice.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service
1. Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service Apr 25, 2013, 15:49 VogelAP

I find the name "Subscription Plans" to be a little confusing for what is, essentially, a subscription plan.

Why not just come out and name it what it is!? Why all the mumbo-jumbo!?1?

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
40. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 16:04 VogelAP

I make my own barbed wire. Does that make me an evil person?  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Announced
4. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Announced Mar 7, 2013, 09:39 VogelAP

Frijoles wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 09:29:
VogelAP wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 09:24:
I was pleasantly surprised to see this game _not_ associated with KickStarter!

Maybe it changed, but Blue's post says at the end they're going to start one next month.
Shoot. I missed that line in the original post. Dammit.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Announced
2. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Announced Mar 7, 2013, 09:24 VogelAP

I've probably got the original CD and box from 7th Guest and 11th Hour, too... I remember that one of them came with a special videotape (!) "Making Of".

I was pleasantly surprised to see this game _not_ associated with KickStarter!

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week
44. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week Jun 25, 2012, 22:16 VogelAP

Tonight, I got a phone call from the local GameStop where I had pre-ordered Guild Wars 2. The girl on the phone told me that GW2's release date, which was supposed to be 2012-06-26 was pushed back, with no replacement date published.

Now, GameStop's pages say 2012-12-31 as the release date! I'm hoping that's just a place-holder date, but... wow. Just wow.

Yikes.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
19. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 12:13 VogelAP

Does the patch address the 3007 errors that boot us off the game every 15-20 minutes?

Those 3007 errors suck.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2012, 09:55 VogelAP

Blue... Add a reminder to your Outlook (or whatever) calendar to change those smoke detector batteries. If it's important enough to remember, it's important enough not to forget!

D3: I bought two copies (one for me, one for DrWendy) and we're enjoying the game EXCEPT for being kicked off every so (too) often. That is ASTOUNDINGLY frustrating!

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Angry Birds Space and Demo Released
15. Re: Angry Birds Space and Demo Released Mar 23, 2012, 09:53 VogelAP

I am somewhat over ANGRY BIRDS. Well, completely over it, really.  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
20. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 09:14 VogelAP

Wow... What a great trailer!

Who does those trailers/cinematics? They're amazing.

I remember when I-WAR (INDEPENDENCE WAR) came out and it had a 14-minute rendered opening cinematic. The developers created the entire cinematic -- I remember reading that they'd shut down their development environment and launch (I think) Lightwave before going home at night and letting it render overnight!

ALSO: Blue's article says "anyone who buys The Witcher 2 between now and then [April 17] gets the upgrade for free". Does that include those of us who pre-ordered the game before it was released?

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal
29. Re: GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal Aug 29, 2011, 08:46 VogelAP

Has anyone actually gone in and gotten their giftcard and stuff?

EDIT TO ADD: I stopped by GameStop during lunch today and was given a $50 gift card and a buy-two-get-one-free deal. I took in my original register receipt and the printed email I received from GameStop. The clerk handled it immediately.

I used part of the $50 gift card to pre-purchase the TeamICO collection (PS3) that comes out in a month or so...

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2011, 15:06.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal
17. Re: GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal Aug 26, 2011, 20:10 VogelAP

I bought mine at GameStop and was surprised that it didn't include the OnLive code. I think they're taking a reasonable step.  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2011, 14:33 VogelAP

Cheap, plastic, adjustable MANDOLIN SLICER can probably give you the pepperoni slices you're looking for (as Blue noted). Just be careful with it... Worst cut in my professional chef career was on a plastic mandolin slicer.

Blue, a couple suggestions for your steak... First, take it out of the fridge and unwrap it at least 30 minutes before you want to cook it so it can come to room temperature. You'll get better results than with cold meat. After you take it out of the fridge, season both sides liberally with salt and pepper, and let that sit on the steak while it slacks. Get your grill good-n-hot, dab off the moisture that's collected on the steak (failure to do so inhibits a good sear), plop it on the grill and re-season. Flip, season the other side, and cook until just UNDER your desired temperature (personally, I wouldn't go above medium-rare for a good steak!), take it off the grill and tent it with foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Resting your steak allows the interior juices, which have been agitated by the high heat of the cooking process, to redistribute through the meat.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it, though I prepared a delicious Angus Sirloin with Day Boat Scallops last night... Yum.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Infocom Tease
23. Re: Infocom Tease Feb 21, 2010, 09:55 VogelAP

LittleMe wrote on Feb 19, 2010, 20:54:
I still have my microscopic space fleet and "Don't Panic!" button.

Yeah I had that for years until somehow the bag was opened and the fleet escaped and then proceeded to demolish several planets for a galactic bypass.
I hate when that happens.

-drew
www.drewvogel.com

News Comments > Infocom Tease
15. Re: Infocom Tease Feb 19, 2010, 16:59 VogelAP

I still have my microscopic space fleet and "Don't Panic!" button.  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

113 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo