Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Robert Zurawiecki

Real Name Robert Zurawiecki   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jedi Master
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 20:56
Total Comments 475 (Amateur)
User ID 14088

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released
30. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 13:19 Jedi Master

FWIW, I've just played the alpha for an hour and frankly it's in better shape than Arma 1 or 2 were on release. Granted there are lots of things currently not in there (alpha, not feature complete), but what they DO have seems to be working well. The SCUBA stuff is awesome.
Vehicle physics now uses PhysX and they move logically now. No more "skating on ice that appears to be a grassy hillside".

Oh, and unlike both Arma 1 and 2, it runs smoother. My current PC (i7-2600k and GTX570, neither OC'd) is arguably older than my setups at the time of those releases, and they ran slower and more choppy then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released
20. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 12:04 Jedi Master

WarZ didn't say it was an alpha, for one, it claimed it was done!

This is basically the ultimate pre-order bonus...in addition to it being cheaper than waiting for release, you get to play the alpha and then the beta first. Everything offered is clearly stated. Also, unlike WarZ, Arma 3 is based on Arma 2, based on Arma 1, based on OFP, so this is likely one of the more polished alphas you'll ever see because they're not working from scratch.

BTW, if anyone is wondering, the price will go up when it hits beta, but that will still be cheaper than final launch price.

News Comments > Dead Island Riptide Preorder Bonuses
13. Re: Dead Island Riptide Preorder Bonuses Mar 5, 2013, 09:05 Jedi Master

Those werewolves aren't that scary at night in Skyrim, either.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Dawns in May
4. Re: Metro: Last Light Dawns in May Mar 1, 2013, 12:35 Jedi Master

Interesting that after THQ published Shadow of Chernobyl, and Deep Silver published the sequel Clear Sky, that the same pattern repeats with Metro.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Reveal at E3?
2. Re: Just Cause 3 Reveal at E3? Feb 27, 2013, 19:47 Jedi Master

If they keep everything good about JC2 and don't screw around to try and do some stupid "appeal to a wider audience" crap, JC3 could be a must-have.

This time, it needs built-in MP.

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
28. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 14:52 Jedi Master

There's already a lot of non-Season Pass DLC, none of which do I have.
I got the season pass pre-release from GMG I think for $22. That's just over $7 for each of the 4, and I'd say that's a great deal, better than the one BL1 I paid the full $10 for (Moxxi's lame dome), but not as good as the BL1 DLC I got on sale for $5 each (all the others).

Anyway, you can't argue BL2 was missing anything. This isn't "you get 2 maps for MP and the rest will be $15 for every 4" raping, the game was fine at release.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced
14. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 11:47 Jedi Master

I got the season pass for BL2 on a deal for $22.50 I think. The 3 DLCs from it so far released (I say that because a few non-SP DLCs have come out at $5 or less that I've skipped) have been $10 each and have yet to go on sale. Oh, I preordered so I got the 5th class DLC free. Haven't played the 3rd one yet, but the other 2 were both good so far...not $10 good, though, but I spent less than $6 for each and they're definitely worth that.

That said, I did it because I had BL1 and bought the DLC for that (individually) and liked it. These other games? Nope, not biting.

News Comments > Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite
2. Re: Gone Gold - BioShock Infinite Feb 19, 2013, 19:34 Jedi Master

No one ever built a game quite like Aliens: Colonial Marines either.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 18, 2013, 09:29 Jedi Master

To be fair, he was talking about people using SLI and Crossfire and watercooling for OC'ing. You can't do that for $500, although $3000 seems too high. In Europe, however (and remember this was a Euro-based interview) the costs for a triple-card water-cooled OC'd system is easily going to be $2000 USD.  

News Comments > Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games
8. Re: Wargaming Acquires Gas Powered Games Feb 14, 2013, 12:36 Jedi Master

Don't forget their new World of Warplanes MMO as well.

If they oversee GPG "hands off" and let them do Wildman, this would be good. If they just see them as another resource to give WOT/WOWP modules to work on...

News Comments > Black Ops II PC Revolution DLC This Month
5. Re: Black Ops II PC Revolution DLC This Month Feb 12, 2013, 19:42 Jedi Master

Wow. Four maps. $15.

I'm really glad I don't like these games or I'd be upset with wanting to play them at that price.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
20. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:58 Jedi Master

Are you rounding down or something? I see ACM is $38.50 on getgames go, a dollar less on GMG, and the season pass is actually $27 on GMG.

So instead of $50 for both the game and the pass, it's $64.50. Granted when many games are $59.99 for just the game, that's basically $5 for 4 DLCs.

Still, the question remains "will ACM and its 4 DLCs be worth $65, let alone the $77 to preorder both most other ways?"

You can count me amongst those who were going to be preordering back when the game was first shown who are now holding off.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:17 Jedi Master

Sorry, agreeing to disagree is not allowed on the internet.

Please proceed instead with ad hominem attacks, personal hits below the belt, and irrational rants that have little bearing on the facts.

We now return you to your regularly hostile internet.

News Comments > Something From Rebellion Next Month
11. Re: Something From Rebellion Next Month Jan 29, 2013, 13:33 Jedi Master

Yeah, this looks like Sniper Elite meets Wolfenstein.

I liked both of those, but I have no opinion on this yet.

Oh...EA might say something! "Totraum" is German for "Dead Space"!

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer
7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 13:47 Jedi Master

I guess you forgot the Queen? The first film had the facehugger, chestburster, and drone. Aliens introduced the Queen. Alien 3 introduced the runner. Alien Resurrection introduced the bizarre hybrid. Prometheus introduced a few things including the Deacon.

It's a tradition to have something new in each outing. I don't begrudge them doing it as long as it's done well.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced
9. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 20:23 Jedi Master

I should be getting my internet free for life considering I paid to read what you just wrote.

If you spent $1000 in video cards to "fix" problems with ONE game, when no other games were having that problem, you're an idiot. Anyone with less than 10 bullets lodged in their skull could see their explanations were crap and the sim was a mess. If you believed them, it's your fault.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2012, 20:28 Jedi Master

...seem human? Is that a full-time job? As someone on unemployment, I would LOVE to have a job where all I must do is "seem human"!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
6. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 17, 2012, 14:42 Jedi Master

I have no concerns about that. I DO have concerns that by the time it comes out, MS will have strangled the market with Windows 8 so that this is the last of its kind.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Golden Key Giveaways
9. Re: Borderlands 2 Golden Key Giveaways Oct 26, 2012, 13:20 Jedi Master

Yes, it should've been a "key per major boss" thing. Then you get something genuinely worthy instead of the questionably partly decent loot they give now.  

News Comments > Original DOOM 3 Off Steam
23. Re: Original DOOM 3 Off Steam Oct 24, 2012, 08:56 Jedi Master

I was wondering the same thing. It's been over 8 years. If you were at ALL interested in Doom 3, wouldn't you have it already?

I have my old CD copies plus I have it on Steam where I picked it up maybe late 2011? It was on one of those ridiculous sales, so I have all id games from Doom 1 through 3 and Quake 1-IV (even though IV wasn't totally theirs) and Rage, all bought for at least 50% off current price (which was usually a lot less than the original price). I got them there for convenience, as a lot of the older CD-based games have CP issues with modern and/or 64-bit OS.

475 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo