Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Robert Zurawiecki

Real Name Robert Zurawiecki   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jedi Master
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 20:56
Total Comments 476 (Amateur)
User ID 14088

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Sierra Reviving King's Quest & Geometry Wars
10. Re: Sierra Reviving King's Quest & Geometry Wars Aug 12, 2014, 17:54 Jedi Master

Rosco wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 12:42:
Since everyone seems to be reminiscing about Sierra, I'd still like to see a real continuation on No One Lives Forever. Contract Jack just didn't cut it.

Seeing as Contract JACK came out right after NOLF2, it was hardly a continuation. It was more a "meanwhile, over here..." story. It was also a blatant attempt to attract the run'n'gunners with no cutscenes and minimal story. It alienated the NOLF fans and failed to attract new players, double fail.

Did they ever find out who owns the NOLF IP? Monolith said they don't own it, Vivendi said they didn't know...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; "New Concepts" Coming
4. Re: MS Flight Simulator X for Steam This Year; Jul 9, 2014, 19:16 Jedi Master

They killed Flight because it wasn't making them money, because it sucked, and they had no clue what to do.

They killed MSFS11 because FSX didn't make them ENOUGH money (it was definitely profitable, but MS isn't interested in only making a LITTLE profit) and they were focusing on the Xbox.

News Comments > Standalone DCS F-15C
9. Re: Standalone DCS F-15C Jun 30, 2014, 18:33 Jedi Master

:33 Su-27
:48 F-15 dying, not sure if another F-15 is supposed to have shot it down or that's just weird editing
:58 Su-27s
1:04 Su-27
1:07 Su-27
1:20 Su-27

There were no MiG-29s (any of the 3 models in DCS) or Su-33s in that video, nor any of the other planes except 27's and 15's.

News Comments > Croteam's The Talos Principle Announced
3. Re: Croteam's The Talos Principle Announced Jun 10, 2014, 16:52 Jedi Master

Serious Portal  

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded
21. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded May 25, 2014, 11:18 Jedi Master

LOL! Hypocrisy FTW!

You: Fuck this shit, it totally sucks! Stupid name slam, sucks!
Him: Aren't you being unfair?
You: STFU stupid troll!!! I'm always awesome, but your questioning of my awesomeness proves YOU suck, too!

Yeah, HE is the one acting like a jackass. You sound like a member of Congress, not a reasonable person. Rolleyes

News Comments > NOLF Trademarks Filed
7. Re: NOLF Trademarks Filed May 1, 2014, 22:50 Jedi Master

I replayed both NOLFs in the past couple of years. NOLF1 installation is a challenge on 64-bit systems (the installer is 16-bit) but an enterprising modder made a 32-bit installer that worked.

I also replayed Contract JACK, and it was not as good, as I remembered.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
11. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 20, 2014, 19:56 Jedi Master

You seem to be confusing Direct3D with DirectX. OpenGL can't do sound or input.

As for OpenGL, as it's older than D3D, it's interesting that it's not in wider use. Why might that be? I was playing more games in OGL in the 90s than now.

News Comments > NASCAR '14 Pre-Purchases
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2014, 18:22 Jedi Master

It always baffles me how many people seem to think that racing is about a driver beating a track. If that was the case, it would just be whoever lapped the best time and they'd be done with it.
The inclusion of right turns along with left hardly makes some big difference in the competition, it's a detail. Of course, if you look at many other racing disciplines they MOSTLY turn right, with a few lefts thrown in. I'm not sure why turning LEFT is seen as so miserable.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2013, 16:50 Jedi Master

Good old Stomped, I miss that place too.  

News Comments > Thief Dropping XP System
17. Re: Thief Dropping XP System Oct 17, 2013, 12:20 Jedi Master

Dark Forces is available pretty cheap. Got it on a Steam Sale a couple of years back in a big SW pack along with Jedi Knight:DF2, Mysteries of the Sith, JK2: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, and maybe some others.

I just finished replaying it a few months ago. The graphics are so low-res as to be an impediment at times (is that an enemy, a wall, or a painted backdrop??) but other than that it's still quite good.

Why can't Disney have EA remake that using the Frostbite engine? Same missions, same story, same levels, just make it look 20 years newer.

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
3. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 10:36 Jedi Master

New console games will all be 64-bit, so they're not going to want to waste time porting to 32.

32-bit is dead.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
19. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 12:23 Jedi Master

Sho wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:22:
It's satire actually, not actually from Newell :). But it's spot-on, I don't get why everyone is screaming for a quickly developed sequel instead of something special.

Yes, it's only been 6 years since HL2 Ep 2, surely they couldn't possibly make a decent FPS in that time frame. After all, they've only released Portal 2, L4D, L4D2, Alien Swarm, and about 347 TF2 updates in that time.

My guess is on HL2's 10th anniversary...we'll get an announcement that HL3 is only 5 years out!

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Boxed Edition Possible
5. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Boxed Edition Possible Sep 9, 2013, 11:14 Jedi Master

Excuse me while I rip this out.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 12:59 Jedi Master

Check out PC Gamer's review for one. They touched on various things that are not in Shogun 2 or previous titles.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Level Caps Explained
5. Re: Borderlands 2 Level Caps Explained Aug 30, 2013, 11:37 Jedi Master

LOL, the one guy I play with that I DO trust still will do that to me.

And the worst part is he'll go and sell the stuff that's not better than what he already has. On occasion he'll offer to give me his "2nd best" gun...ie he's got a lvl 30 corrosive sniper rifle, so I can have his level 27 one, but I already have a level 28 that's slightly better than his 27.

I also wish that loot was shared like money and ammo. Make it a server-side setting so people don't HAVE to play with it on, but at least let everyone have access to the same stuff if they want.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Level Caps Explained
1. Re: Borderlands 2 Level Caps Explained Aug 30, 2013, 09:48 Jedi Master

Balanced for 4 players. Wonderful.

What about those of us that usually play with just 2? Why is Gearbox apparently unable to scale difficulty by player count properly?

To date, despite having over 300 hrs in BL2 I've NEVER beaten any raid boss but the Warrior. Why? With 2 players only, and the game geared not to give out the good stuff if you only play with 2, you NEVER are strong enough.

I don't have a single legendary item like Conference Call or the Bee or the Infinity pistol. Over 300 hrs, and never seen one.

I don't know 2 other people to play BL2 with that are available when I can play. I don't know ONE. I don't play with random people.

So I'm doomed by their decision to INSIST on 4 players to never be able to beat pretty much any boss. I think we might have beaten Pyro Pete once or Hyperion once, but they dropped I think a single orange item that was only mildly interesting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2013, 16:17 Jedi Master

I have to take issue with the statement:

"This second "audiophile master" mix is the latest salvo against the overbearing loudness of pop music today, and, according to the band, it's the first time that anyone has mastered the same album twice for different audiences."

Uh, no. Maybe recently ok, fine. However, I and many other people have the Beatles' CD sets in both mono and stereo, and in 90% of the songs the mixes are different. I also bought the deluxe RAM album last year that likewise has a unique mono mix. There were many other albums made in the 60s when stereo was gaining traction but mono still had a massive installed presence (think DVD/BD today) that required 2 releases...and if you just "folded" your stereo mix to mono it often sounded inferior, which further put the nail in mono's coffin. However, if you listen to native mono mixes, they rival and can at times surpass the stereo ones.

So while perhaps two different mixes for volume/clipping/distortion is new, the idea of making two separate ones for two separate audiences dawns back to the era of Beatlemania. I dare anyone to listen to the mono mix of Sgt Pepper and not pronounce it clearly, albeit only slightly, superior.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Next Week; GotY Edition Planned?
15. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Next Week; GotY Edition Planned? Aug 27, 2013, 16:33 Jedi Master

I'm sorry, you're using an argument that you're backing up with facts.

This has no place on the internet, or in modern society for that matter. Just make unsupported statements and defend them as if they were the Word of God.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows
5. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows Aug 20, 2013, 09:57 Jedi Master

I think they wait to announce it, so they can release it later, and use the "late start" as the excuse for why it comes out later. Even though we all know it was planned this way from the start so the PC sales won't cannibalize the console sales at all.  

News Comments > Thief in February
32. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 21:50 Jedi Master

I think every game should be on Steam, and when it's ONLY on Origin or something that irritates me. However, I have no issues with a game that's on Steam AND elsewhere. I couldn't care less if you could play it with a disc check, a simple online activation, Steam, or sticking your finger in the USB port the whole time, I just want it the easiest way for me.

If someone else doesn't want to use Steam, I don't care!

476 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo