Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for sponge

Real Name sponge   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sponge
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 4029304
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 28, 2002, 10:38
Total Comments 2696 (Senior)
User ID 14076

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost/Oblivion Follow-up
25. Re: We are shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU! Jun 12, 2008, 01:50 sponge

I am sure they saw the screen shots and probably played the game. But you are also assuming that the publishers played the other games and remembered all the aspects that were stolen to compare it with this game. Maybe they knew about it, but I do not see why is it so far fetched if they didn't.

Silly things like logic never got in the way of a good flame here. Nope, they're all evil and stupid jerks!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA on PC Exclusive Games
95. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 21:23 sponge

If you still have fun with crappy games, hey, that's good for you.

That doesn't make much sense at all. I'd love to see you at restaurants.

"I enjoyed dinner last night, besides the part where it was substandard!"

..huh? I guess I can understand lashing out when your hobby has become niche, but that argument seems a bit silly.

News Comments > Limbo of the Lost & Oblivion Similarities
35. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 17:47 sponge

Just a theory.

Multiple evironments from more than one game. with object placement exactly the same.
Looks like they just ripped meshes and textures from the hardware buffer.

Huh? Didn't another post say that they're using the Gamebryo engine, and could've just copy and pasted right out of the Oblivion toolkit?

News Comments > Flagship/Hellgate Follow-up
6. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 17:39 sponge

My guess is if you manage everything correctly and release an exciting and successful game, then people don't leave the company right after it ships.

You'd guess wrong. There are almost always some fallout after the release of a game, people wanting to move onto different companies/projects, people who just want a change of scenery. It's a pretty typical thing after you spend 3-4 years of your life doing one thing.

91. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 16:15 sponge

However, I don't believe all opinions hold equal merit nor do I feel any need to respect those opinions I consider weak.

If you want to lead your life thinking you're superior in anyway just because you watch some nerdy sci-fi shows, or play Tribes or whatever, be my guest. Just don't be surprised when people/companies/whatever stop catering to you.

I don't give a shit if people watch American Idol or not, nor will I go out of my way to proclaim how low they are, much like what people have been doing here recently with the PC, which is what my original post was making fun of: the fanatic obsession to some loose set of ideals that compose PC gaming today/recent past.

I'll be over here playing games because I have fun with them, not because of some poorly defined superiority complex.

(that is, unless it makes me better than you that I play GoW with friends, AND enjoy games like Tribes!) Games are becoming increasingly social events for me, how complex they are plays but a very small part for much of my judgement of a game nowadays.

News Comments > On PoP Co-op
2. Re: laaaaaaaaaaame Jun 10, 2008, 22:48 sponge

Let me be the first to say I had no idea coop was even a possibility given the past of every single PoP game I've played.

79. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2008, 22:31 sponge

If you genuinely don't see the negative impact that cross-platform development has had on PC games, you should probably go hang out at the Kotaku boards.

You know what they say when you make an assumption.

I can agree with a point while still thinking people like to create unholy amounts of drama when they feel their precious platform has been slighted. It feels like people truly believe that they are somehow intellectually superior over people who like Gears of War, etc.

That level of zeal is just as, if not more, obnoxious than what idiots at Kotaku produce.

News Comments > Spore System Requirements
3. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2008, 22:27 sponge

XP's existence wastes like a gig over Win95's 64mb requirement!!!!

70. No subject Jun 10, 2008, 19:27 sponge

ALL GLORY TO THE PC! ZEE OPPOSITION VILL BE KVRUSHED! VEE MUST PROTECT ZEE MOTHERLAND FROM DAS KONSOLEFAGGOTEN!

Oops, sorry, just trying to fit in with the crowd here.

8. Re: What a tool Jun 10, 2008, 12:43 sponge

I'm really surprised the VP of Nvidia is endorsing consoles like this. If all we get are console ports, there'll be no reason for us to upgrade our videocards.

More reason for console developers to choose NVidia chips, though. If you consider the 3 current-gen consoles have sold a combined say 40 million (low-ball estimate based on nexgenwars.com) getting your chip in just one of those devices means a guaranteed 10-15 million units sold with your technology.

Sounds like a much better deal than putting up with the elitist PC bullshit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2008, 01:26 sponge

Having to go to a website to get the information you need, what a loser.

Oh yeah? Well all _I_ need to do is look out the window!

News Comments > TF2 Pyro Update Plans
17. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2008, 01:17 sponge

However, the ones that REALLY piss me off are the stupid "friend" ones. I have to make buddies to get extra weapons? Lame. I play this game when I have time to, which with a wife and kid makes it almost nil. I don't play with the general public because I "love the community". I play because nobody can develop realistic AI.

Amen, at least to a degree. I haven't played the game at all the past few months due to all these stupid achievements and other consolification of TF that's taken place.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Ultra-Bundle
29. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 16:20 sponge

I bet a big company like Bethesda has an entire marketing department. I'd bet that if they weren't coming up with stuff like this, they wouldn't have too much to do all day.

I don't know about what amateur companies you've worked with, but in the real world, you have engine programmers acting in commercials, and designing marketing materials instead of programming engines!

News Comments > Civilization Console Demos
13. Re: XBox Live Jun 6, 2008, 04:34 sponge

Then, of course, there's the argument that if they didn't have the commercials on, I'd be paying a lot more for cable.

The commercials are more to make money back for the network to be able to fund production of shows, rather than the cost of the cable infrastructure. You could raise cable company prices, but then you'd have to set up a means to distribute funds to the channels carried, and all of that jazz.

But I agree with the original post, which is that must be the same assholes that make me pay a thousand for a computer, and then pay for access to the internet! And to make matters worse, some of those website have advertising on them! The gall of them!

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 04:35.

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Patch
10. Re: Punk Buster Jun 6, 2008, 00:50 sponge

Evenbalance makes up "ban stats" and posts them on their website

lol it's not evenbalance's site

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Patch
5. Re: Punk Buster Jun 5, 2008, 20:08 sponge

Please..... PB never works. Not like it can, lets face it, its a client server code, plenty of hacks can be introduced so why bother even investing in PB?

I'm tired of this bullshit myth that PB does nothing.

http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/membership/publicbans.cgi
http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php

That's 60,000 someodd people who have been banned from PunksBusted, and another 60,000 from PBBans, and that's only on servers that sign up. PB is not, and will never be, a catch-all solution to cheating. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just blatantly ignorant. It may not even catch half, or 25%, but I'll take a range of 60,000-120,000 cheaters banned over 0.

If you have an idea of how to do anti-cheat server-side only, and have it be equally or more effective than PunkBuster, you should really start developing it as there's a huge market in it for you. I can't believe I've actually resorted to defending PB here, despite their pathetic memory check scans.

10. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 18:41 sponge

So you're the guy that got a 360 with no hard drive?

Hell, I'm the one that bought the XB Arcade. I haven't really cared about Live outside of multiplayer until now (and even then it's not often, so I buy it for a month let it lapse until I want to play again)

The other reason I bought it was because I got mine in that gap between where the Arcade had HDMI while the Premium did not.

1. No subject Jun 5, 2008, 14:20 sponge

Damn, wish I had an XBox hard drive, I wanted to try this game. The engine they created sounds awesome-- the gameplay and the presentation appear to be completely separated.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 03:36 sponge

http://www.vgchartz.com/ Make your own analysis of the data. 360's pathetic performance in JP is, IMO, the only reason the PS3 is within striking distance of the 360.

News Comments > Carmack on Crysis
6. No subject Jun 4, 2008, 00:02 sponge

Call me a fanboy (what forum would this be if someone didn't) but the workflow improvements that id Tech 5 are trying to deliver is a whole lot more exciting than a bunch of DX10 shaders in Crysis.

2696 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo