Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Moonbender

Real Name Moonbender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 15733392
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2002, 23:24
Total Comments 661 (Apprentice)
User ID 14023

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > German Yager Demo
10. Re: can't play Aug 26, 2003, 16:48 Moonbender

SSE is an extension to the instruction set by Intel which was only added to recent AMD CPUs. I'm not sure, but I assume you need at least an Athlon XP if you're going with AMD.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
2. Re: Tired of this Aug 24, 2003, 14:48 Moonbender

Lionheart could be said to be relatively good in this aspect. Not as good as PS:T, but I must say adult content in RPG - I'm talking about moral decisions and consequences to your actions, not pr0n, obviousl - are extremely rare in any computer game, and there are at least some elements of it in Lionheart. More than I've seen in any previous CRPG apart from PS:T and possible Fallout.

News Comments > Ultima X: Odyssey Announced
8. Re: Hmmmm... Aug 22, 2003, 10:46 Moonbender

On those private dungeons - I've read about these before, haven't they already been featured in AC2?

Edit: Ah, so AO has them, too. And thanks for that torrent!
This comment was edited on Aug 22, 10:47.

News Comments > LO-MAC Demo Next Week - Game Delayed?
6. Re: Flight Sim Fans Aug 21, 2003, 17:30 Moonbender

Actually I'm with fred on this one - Chuck Yeager's Air Combat on a LC2 Mac. Although I did play a Falcon game earlier on the Atari as well as MS Flight Sim - but I had no idea what I was doing at that time. LHX Attack Chopper was also really cool, I used to play it obsessively on friends' PCs.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Lionheart
19. Upcoming Patch Aug 20, 2003, 19:44 Moonbender

BTW, just saw a thread on the Lionheart forums indicating that a patch is going through "quality assurance" right now:
Here is a list of the patch fixes:

1) Optimizations to the size and frequency of network packets. This will help low bandwidth connections such as 56k modems.

2) Increased the timeout time for non-guaranteed data so more of it gets a chance to make it to the client on a slow modem.

3) Faster 3D rendering. This generally speeds up the game when there are numerous characters on screen. This doesn't mean that characters have been sped up, it means that machines that saw dips in framerate during scenes with many characters should see an improvement with the patch.

4) Fixed rendering error that occurred in some loaded saved games with dragons.

5) A Speed Slider has been added that allows the user to select the speed that the game plays out between ranges of 70% to 100%. It is accessed by hitting the escape button. There is a slider in the middle of the small menu that allows speeds to be switched.
(http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=27388)

18. Re: Flawed game Aug 20, 2003, 19:26 Moonbender

Played some more hours: Nice setting, fun (historic) characters, nice dialogues, interesting RPG system (I really prefer AD&D though), terrible, terrible interface, very chaotic combat, mostly boring items.

2. Re: Better than the demo Aug 20, 2003, 13:31 Moonbender

It's markedly better, but still not very good. GameSpot review and score of 6.5 is pretty much on the mark. Might be a good RPG to pass the time till ToEE, though.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Benchmark?
6. Re: Whoa!! Aug 11, 2003, 14:43 Moonbender

Hm? The PC Games article was posted 4 days ago -- okay, not exactly new in the Internet time scale, but still not months old... Or was this made public somewhere else at an earlier date?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Q&A - Delay Follow-up
6. Re: ATI Aug 7, 2003, 15:01 Moonbender

Cue another 50+ comment thread making it into the "Popular Threads" list. Only HL2 and OOTB left. Current standing: OOTB leading with 241 vs 221 posts for HL2. It's not too late for bets!

News Comments > C&C Generals Demo Soon
7. Re: Too Little Too Late. Aug 6, 2003, 20:15 Moonbender

It's a nice game. It's still pretty ridiculous to release demo half a year (?) after the game came into the stores.

News Comments > BioWare & Obsidian
11. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2003, 19:39 Moonbender

I really could care less if BG3 continues the storyline or even who develops it, as long as there are more well-done CRPGs... We've got Greyhawk to look forward to, but there's always room for more.

News Comments > BioWare & Obsidian
4. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2003, 17:41 Moonbender

Really? Christ, I never knew that. Such a shame!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Anti-Aliasing Fixed
9. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2003, 11:51 Moonbender

yup, it was all nvidia and microsofts fault, bad card manufacturers, bad direct x, bad,.. oh wait, if I change this bit of code it works,..

My bad.
Considering how much of a fuss was made about this rather minor issue (judging by Newell's comments), it's possible they made an extra effort in creating some horrible hack to work around the manufacturer's and/or operating system's fuck-ups. So this doesn't really contradict anything their graphics developer said.

(Of course it still could have been a case of a simple bug, but I don't know, it seems rather unlikely. Of course with basically a single source, it's hard to say.)
This comment was edited on Aug 6, 11:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Pentagon Futures Market Aug 5, 2003, 13:11 Moonbender

The iPod isn't in an ultra-small form-factor. If anything, its rather large size compared to solid state memory MP3 players put me off from buying one (or any other current HD-based player).

It's still an extremely neat piece of gear, I give you that.

News Comments > PlanetSide Producer Swap
25. Re: PS Is teh crap Aug 5, 2003, 09:14 Moonbender

Aye, thanks.

News Comments > PlanetSide Producer Swap
23. Re: PS Is teh crap Aug 5, 2003, 08:39 Moonbender

Incidently, when is Flashpoint 2 supposed to be out?

9. Re: Some news from Ray Aug 2, 2003, 16:28 Moonbender

Hadn't even seen him writing about his mom. But I sure wish her all the best. A friends dad was very bad off recently, cancer, and he's all better now. So I hope that's part of a common trend!

Not even knowing whether I'm considered a regular yet but still signing off in true Ray style,

Moonbender

3. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2003, 15:19 Moonbender

Dude, why the movie quote?

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Austrian Song Jul 25, 2003, 13:27 Moonbender

The lyrics are horrible, but note that the English version you're reading is not the original - it's a (rather shoddy) translation by one of the organisers of this petition. The original, German lyrics do rhyme and have a certain rythm. That said, the contents aren't any smarter.

Also, I disagree with species, it's a gross exaggeration to say, and I quote, '"freedom" here is very limited' - I really don't see where that's coming from. I'm certainly playing all the violent games that my British and American acquaintances are. And yeah, I remember Greece - but as an embarrasment for the Greek government, not as a threat for gamers.

So anyway. The song is terrible, but what can you do. The organisers of that clicking contest certainly don't, except "protesting", whatever that comes down to. They don't seem to have any plan what to do once every other idiot in the German online gaming scene has "taken the time" to give his vote.

Move along, there's nothing to see here. Also, sign the Petition Against Petition Online:
http://www.petitiononline.com/papo/petition.html

News Comments > Port Royale 2 Unveiled
1. Cool Jul 23, 2003, 15:21 Moonbender

The first one was quite cool though exceptionally hard. Screenshot looks okayish, certainly an improvement, although if the gameplay of the first game is anything to go by, you won't spend a lot of time looking at the city map but rather play the game on the naval map.

661 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo