Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Moonbender

Real Name Moonbender   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 15733392
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2002, 23:24
Total Comments 661 (Apprentice)
User ID 14023

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Update Plans
38. Re: No subject Jul 3, 2005, 06:04 Moonbender

Anyways the only shooter I currently play is Hostile Intent, which is like Rainbow Six in Half-Life. No HUD, no list of dead/alive players, no map... just you, the gun, and the bad guy.
Wow, that mod looks really cool. Iron sights! Hope the Source version is released in the not too distant future.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Okay Jun 28, 2005, 13:58 Moonbender

Yes, Steath easily gets my reward for one of the top lamess movies of all time, judging by the trailer. Words really fail to describe it.

11. Re: Shocking! Jun 28, 2005, 11:47 Moonbender

The only person they quote on the Earth ring thing is not an environmentalist, he's one of the vocal few who do not subscribe to global warming. Reasoning that global warming isn't a problem, but hey even if it was, we'd just build this ring or some other magic bean type of thing to solve any issue. I don't think any serious environmentalist (or "environmentalist", whatever) would push for this ring thing. In fact I wonder how the original paper puts it - it's a fun idea, in an academic way, but I doubt the authors seriously suggest to build it now or anytime soon.

News Comments > BF2 Stats Updated
15. Re: Who cares? Jun 26, 2005, 16:22 Moonbender

You're preaching to the choir here. Most people here don't blame GSI, they blame Dice - including the post you replied to. The most blatant error is not including any interface for external server browsers (e.g. ASE) to join a game.

News Comments > Live for Speed S2 Alpha
11. Re: Finally! Jun 25, 2005, 04:46 Moonbender

I agree that keyboard isn't a proper control for a non-arcade racing game, and neither is the joystick - but I've had a decent amount of success with the latter. At least you've got analogue control of throttle and the wheels. Left-foot-braking as in Richard Burns Rally is a bit hard to pull of though.

News Comments > Live for Speed S2 Alpha
5. Re: Finally! Jun 24, 2005, 14:24 Moonbender

I've been close to buying a wheel for ages. It's just that whenever I want to buy one, I've typically already played the respective racing game to death using the joystick. And, of course, they are freaking expensive (for a niche input device), at least if you go the non-flimsy route.

News Comments > AFTRA vs Gaming SAGs
2. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2005, 12:28 Moonbender

How about get off your high horse game developers and unionise?

News Comments > Pirates! Patch Plans
14. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2005, 15:10 Moonbender

Hitting the keys at the right moment was easy, I just found it fairly hard to discern her cues which key to hit.

News Comments > German Ships Ahoy - Chrome: Specforce
2. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2005, 05:08 Moonbender

On a sidenote, sweden translates to Schweden in German.

14. Re: Escape from Blue Tower May 31, 2005, 18:30 Moonbender

George R.R. Martin is awesome. His fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire, anyway. Very gritty fantasy, very mean and oh-so-great characters. Many shades of gray, it just doesn't seem to fall into the black-and-white characters trap that most fantasy does. Highly recommended.

Spume - what brought it up was that the newest part of the series, A Feast for Crows, is finally done (see post #2). And only a few years overdue! Woohoo.

News Comments > Tuesday Game Reviews
4. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 12:48 Moonbender

I've installed the patch and had no (additional) issues. The parked car bug was gone.

12. Re: Forget-me-not panties... May 30, 2005, 02:30 Moonbender

Note that they are not for real, it's part of an experiment in viral marketing or something.

7. Re: WTF mate May 29, 2005, 19:00 Moonbender

You forgot to mention the most important thing: is it still good?!

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Q&A
18. Re: No subject May 29, 2005, 15:40 Moonbender

Single player cooperative mode? For people with split personalities, I presume.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Q&A
11. Re: No subject May 29, 2005, 14:19 Moonbender

I can whole-heartedly recommend ffdshow, available here:
http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Getting+ffdshow

It's not really a codec pack, it's a single "codec" (actually an ActiveShow filter) that understands a whole lot of different input formats. In other words, it plays back XviD, any version of DivX, some WMV. It also comes with an audio filter that understands stuff like AC3. Apart from QuickTime and Realmedia, ffdshow is the only thing I've got installed, and I haven't had to add anything yet.

2. Re: potty wars May 29, 2005, 13:02 Moonbender

I guess there were other people walking the beach? If not the obvious solution would have been to pee in the sea while not standing inside the water (and your own urine...).
On a sidenote, I guess from an analytical point of view there's really nothing wrong with it in such a situation, with nobody in the water. With all the crap that gets flushed into the ocean, highly diluted pee should be the least concerning.

15. Re: drivers lack basic safety knowledge. May 29, 2005, 07:48 Moonbender

To do a real test would also be very expensive... as I recall in Germany it takes about 12 months and $1800 to get a license.

Hardly. The price might be in the right area - although I think you could manage with less, it simply depends on how many driving lessons you take (there's a minimum number). It certainly doesn't take 12 months for most people - something like 3 to 6 seems about right, and that's mostly because you're stretching stuff, having only a single lesson a week. I think there are crash courses that take only a week or two.

News Comments > Site Seeing
3. Re: Oh man... May 28, 2005, 10:25 Moonbender

I think it's a fairly dumb attempt at marketing. I agree it would have been mildly amusing were it a fan-made project - but this, meh. Waste of time.

31. Re: Star Wars May 27, 2005, 18:38 Moonbender

Of course I also missed all those little things when watching the movie, which is why they never bothered me. And I think the emperor is just going through puberty.

News Comments > Friday Hardware Reviews
1. P160? Phaw... P180! May 27, 2005, 11:18 Moonbender

Who cares about the P160 when the next generation of the case is just around the corner and promises to be SWEET.

I was going to link to the preliminary product page, but it turns out SilentPCReview has posted a preview only a few hours (minutes?) ago:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article249-page1.html

661 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo