Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PAnick

Real Name PAnick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Panick
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 123637049
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2002, 14:19
Total Comments 382 (Amateur)
User ID 14014

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo PC Gold
98. Re: Midnight's Posts Sep 20, 2003, 19:22 Panick

"the PC version will allow you to manually save mid-level when you pass a checkpoint, and you can have more than one save per level, so if there's a particular section you want to go back to play over and over, you won't have to play through the entire level to get there. "You can have a hundred of them on your hard drive," says Pitchford, "and you can load them from any point, so that's pretty cool."

I had to read this 5 times just to see if this really wasnt sarcasticly written. I mean comon!! OMG OMG you can save MID-GAME!! it's the new thing man!! totally revolutionary!!11. PC games have had that for what....12 years? Was it this save game feature that took 5 years to code? Is that why they are so proud of it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chaos Legion Demo
5. Re: worth it? Sep 20, 2003, 15:12 Panick

I tried this game out just a couple a days ago on the PS2 and though: "why doesnt mindless games like these ever come to the PC?"

I don't know about you but sometimes I really need a no-brainer button smasher game. I getting kindy tired of all these deep story and intelligent RTS and RPG games. There aren't many purely action games anymore on the PC which is a shame i think. Too bad Devil May Cry 1-2 or some of those mecha games wont be released to PC. Sometimes I just wanna be the one man army.

News Comments > Dredd versus Death Demo
5. Re: Could Have Been Miles Better.... Sep 19, 2003, 18:41 Panick

I know this game has absolutely nothing new, but i kindy liked it in a dont-hafta-think-just-gun-people-down way.
But I was expecting total shit, so maybe thats why i dont hate it so much...

And it should run on even low spec machines.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 18:42.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
605. Re: Best wishes... Sep 19, 2003, 13:02 Panick

I am very sorry to hear this. You have my deepest sympathy.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy: Homeworld 2
41. HW2 Sep 17, 2003, 13:15 Panick

Just played a few missions in the full version. Nothing new, but if you loved HW1 and liked the HW2 demo, you will not be dissapointed.

*Back to HW2 spaceshipbattleage*

Edit: just forgot to tell ya, there still is that FSAA problem that some people noticed in teh demo. 2X up to 4x wont work att all, 8x fsaa is the only thing that works, but that will get you insanely low fps.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 13:27.

News Comments > Kreed Movie
10. Re: Get Your Kreed Fix Here ... Sep 14, 2003, 15:58 Panick

When I saw the first Kreed screensots for 1-2 years ago I though it looked just as good as Doom3. Real time shadows everywhere on everything etc etc. Now when I saw this trailer I wonder where all the cool gfx went. It looks just like any other budget shooter now...

...pity.

News Comments > Halo Status Report
38. Re: Pardon this but Sep 12, 2003, 18:32 Panick

My posts must be invisble cause I said tha nvidia cards have a PS 2.0 problem 100000 posts down. That's the cause for the low fps. Nvidia is supposed to fix it with the 51,75 drivers.

driver review here: http://www.amdmb.com/article-display.php?ArticleID=257

Most importantly: http://www.amdmb.com/images/det5175/3dmark03-2.gif

"The 3DMark03 scores show the 51.75 Detonator drivers having a slightly faster score in the DX9 related tests. If you see the Pixel Shader 2.0 test, the score goes up about 25% and the Vertex Shader score is about 12% faster."

A 25% increase is....sort of....ok I guess. It's not as much as I hoped it would be. To late to buy a radeon now...

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 18:36.

News Comments > Halo Status Report
19. Re: Halo PC Sep 12, 2003, 13:42 Panick

It's the GF-FX's Pixel Shader 2.0 that's busted. Halo runs VERY slow, the same with the latest Tomb raider game (also PS 2.0), and this is also why HL2 runs so shitty(PS2..).

(Though Halo ran perfectly in outdoor maps. atleast 80-90 fps. It was just in the beginning, when the action got really thick, the fps jumped down to 3-4)

But it's too late for me to change cards, so I just hope these new 50,xx drivers will fix it as Nvidia has promised.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 13:43.

News Comments > NVIDIA & Half-Life 2
89. Re: Interesting Sep 11, 2003, 20:33 Panick

Ouch ReDeemer, I'm hurt, really...

I just meant that Nvidia says that the new drivers will fix the poor HL2 performance, probobly just as the new drivers fixed the poor d00m3 performance for Radeon.

If it doesn't I dont really care, I'll just get the Radeon 9900. I dont care what brand my gfx card is, I just want teh l33T fps b00stage. Your lame fanboy flame doesn't work on me!!!111

But I'll wait, see how this turns out and how future games will run.

---TO BE CONCLUDED

News Comments > NVIDIA & Half-Life 2
86. Re: Interesting Sep 11, 2003, 19:59 Panick

Does anyone remember this little DOOM3 test?
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDc0

or more precisly this:
http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1052729768FyFQIMpRcj_1_3.gif

Some radeon fanboys say that drivers wont help nvidia at all. I still have a little faith that the 50.xx drivers might give a little fps boost...but not much.
I agree that my GF FX5900 Utlra 256 @ 511/938 has a huge pixel shader 2.0 problem. Both in the latest Tomb raider game and Halo PC (which both use PS 2.0) I get really crappy fps, the screen almost freezez sometimes. So I'm not too suprised that HL2 has some problems too.
I'm gonna wait though, see what happens. Just remember that drivers DO make a difference.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 & DirectX 9
22. HL2 Performance revealed Sep 10, 2003, 20:56 Panick

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1862

"You'll see my own numbers tomorrow night at midnight, but we've been given the go ahead to reveal a bit of information about Half-Life 2. I'll keep it brief and to the point and will explain it in greater detail tomorrow night:

- Valve is pissed at all of the benchmarking "optimizations" they've seen in the hardware community;
- Half-Life 2 has a special NV3x codepath that was necessary to make NVIDIA's architecture perform reasonably under the game;
- Valve recommends running geforce fx 5200 and 5600 cards in dx8 mode in order to get playable frame rates.
- even with the special NV3x codepath, ATI is the clear performance leader under Half-Life 2 with the Radeon 9800 Pro hitting around 60 fps at 10x7. The 5900 ultra is noticeably slower with the special codepath and is horrendously slower under the default dx9 codepath;
- the Radeon 9600 Pro performs very well - it is a good competitor of the 5900 ultra;
- ATI didn't need these special optimizations to perform well and Valve insists that they have not optimized the game specifically for any vendor.

There you have it folks, there's much more coming tomorrow"

Conclusion: HL2 will suck major ass with nvidia card?

Well fuck me sideways....I'm really glad I bought that FX5900 Ultra.....

News Comments > Game Movies
7. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2003, 17:00 Panick

I hafta agree with these people Blue. IF it's possible, plz.

News Comments > BloodRayne Goes Hollywood
19. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2003, 20:18 Panick

Yup, basicly Vampires VS Werewolves where vamps are "good" and wolves "evil".......or is the girl the only nice one?

whatewa. Bloodrayne was sort of fun. Though it had a nasty T&L bug. Without T&L the game ran fine with 100+ fps. With it the FPS dropped down to 2-4 fps. Bummer.

*PAnick liked to kill ze g3rmans in the slow motion way*

News Comments > Homeworld 2 Demo Status
3. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2003, 19:07 Panick

man....it's 1 am in the morning here is sweden....i need to sleep damnit! I was hoping to test HW2 before before that, but im not gonna wait 4-5 hours....

this suxxorz mah b0xxorz.

News Comments > Chrome Demo
33. Re: Deus Ex Sep 3, 2003, 17:00 Panick

Actually, I had big problems there too. The chick disappears and someone starts shooting me. Took me a while to look at the radar and see a blipp behind me...

...DOH!!!!1111

Otherwise a pretty ordinary shooter. Not bad, but nothing special either.

News Comments > Homeworld 2 Demo Tomorrow
5. Re: No subject Sep 2, 2003, 19:04 Panick

Did I miss something? Who/what has happened at Sierra's forum?

News Comments > Schwarzenberg Delayed
4. ahhh man... Sep 2, 2003, 12:54 Panick

more WW2......*SIGH!*

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Open Letter
193. Re: Bah... Aug 28, 2003, 21:19 Panick

wow....almost 200 posts in 2 hours.

seems like big stuff....3 in the morning....read everything later...

gnight....

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movies & More Date Data
13. Re: Release date Aug 27, 2003, 22:00 Panick

"I just want it to bee stable"

Yeah right...lol on me.

Fix the damn EDIT option =)

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movies & More Date Data
12. Re: Release date Aug 27, 2003, 21:57 Panick

While we are showing off with our rigs:

When you put it that way...I'm pretty sure it will run on my P4 3,0 (clocked to 3,5) Ghz, GF FX5900 Ultra 256 (clocked to 511/932)...yadda yadda, too

I just want it to bee stable. And there are alot of games comming out right now. Just got Tron2, JK:JA and Republic today, and Homeworld 2 and Savage are Gold, so I can wait a little while longer

382 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo