Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul J Turner

Real Name Paul J Turner   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UnderLord
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Born an Englishman, living in Australia, Self-employed, Life is Good!
I've been into electronics and computing since the Apple][ and the Intel 4004.
Still loving both jobs/hobbies!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 22:54
Total Comments 523 (Apprentice)
User ID 13987

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Instagram says it now has the right to sell your photos Dec 18, 2012, 18:41 UnderLord

Chill - Instagram back-pedals in face of user outrage  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Descent Fan Remake
23. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 12, 2012, 00:34 UnderLord

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 22:02:
UnderLord wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 20:18:
Let's wait and see what Interplay have to say about that, shall we?
http://www.interplay.com/games/descent.php

Interplay is basically a dead company with no money, they went bankrupt. They exist now basically on paper only. They have no funds to develop any of the IP they own.

Check out their history.

http://wasteland.wikia.com/wiki/Interplay

Must be a different Interplay!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interplay_Entertainment

22. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 12, 2012, 00:33 UnderLord

meant to quote, sorry  

12. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 11, 2012, 20:18 UnderLord

Let's wait and see what Interplay have to say about that, shall we?
http://www.interplay.com/games/descent.php

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Video Diary
4. Re: Rise of the Triad Video Diary Nov 5, 2012, 22:26 UnderLord

Help! The Triad have invaded Castle Wolfenstein.  

News Comments > Afternoon Mobilization
2. Re: EFF, 9 other groups, push Open Wireless Movement Oct 31, 2012, 23:19 UnderLord

It sounds like their assessment of the importance of WiFi security is based on some wonderful world without traffic caps and excess charges.
That's why us people in the majority of the real world secure our wireless routers!
Plus, if the 'media police' base their stupid cases on your IP address and it is open to all and sundry via an unsecured wireless router, good luck proving it wasn't you downloaded all that content.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Oct 3, 2012, 23:53 UnderLord

It's not so much the bigger breasts we want to see, just that CPU-stealing damned physics engine doing something noticeable!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: As AMD struggles, Intel chip prices stagnate Oct 3, 2012, 23:00 UnderLord

Intel has been coasting purely on smaller transistor technology to give it a speed / power edge. Now AMD can give it a decent match on CPU and flog intel's HD4000 integrated graphics core, all at a much lower price point.
When AMD and co get fab's to make their products at 22nm, Intel will look like crap.
Tom's Hardware's latest on the matter - a10-5800k-trinity-efficiency

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
12. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 22:43 UnderLord

I hope Gaymers doesn't close it down, since they have been using the name since 1680!  

11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 22:17 UnderLord

I said - "...they don't prefer just the opposite sex. I don't see that as a choice."
You said - "You can't choose whom you are sexually attracted to."

Same thing, we're done!

8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 21:36 UnderLord

'Preference implies a choice' - False.
I prefer English Mustard to German, nothing I can do about that.
Nature or Nurture makes someone homosexual or bisexual and they don't prefer just the opposite sex. I don't see that as a choice.
Don't try and twist my words to make me seem to have said what advances your argument.
I spend a fair bit of time in Second Life and associate with several people (and furries) who profess in Plurk to be LGBT, I don't see anywhere near as much lack of inclusion in that game-world as in the real world, which is why I view Gaymercon as unnecessary.
Maybe you need to get a more diverse virtual life than FPS's.

5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 20:23 UnderLord

I didn't invent the term 'sexual preference', but it obviously applies equally to a person who prefers a partner of the same sex, so get over it.
My point is that GLBT are perfectly welcome at any existing gamer con's to make themselves separate is unnecessary and smacks of 'look at me, I'm different'.
Newsflash, we're ALL different.
Fwiw, I was engaged to a bi female for months and have gays in my immediate family and gay friends and care for them all as much as the straight ones.

2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 30, 2012, 19:32 UnderLord

"Gaymer is the first gaming and tech site for the lesbian, gay, bi, and transgender world"
That's what's wrong, they want to be separate from the rest of the world when we straight types never excluded them to begin with.
Who cares about the real-life sexual preferences of someone you don't really know and only play against as equals in a virtual world?
You want to bring the gay debate into gaming, how about raising the color issue too?
We're not the divisive ones, if other people want to believe they're a 'downtrodden minority' it's all in their heads, not mine.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Office 2013 pricing revealed. Sep 19, 2012, 20:13 UnderLord

LibreOffice any year pricing revealed - FREE!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: MS-DOS wasnít stolen Aug 18, 2012, 00:01 UnderLord

Oh Look! 'Told you so - IEEE admits its MS-DOS history revisionist is in Microsoft's pay
"... Editorís Note: Upon publication, this article failed to properly disclose the connection between its author, Bob Zeidman, and Microsoft Corp., a key subject of the story. ..."

1. Re: MS-DOS wasnít stolen Aug 8, 2012, 06:28 UnderLord

Just a shame that Zeidman is a clueless failure as a sleuth and apparently didn't even get the details of the derivation of MS-DOS right - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/07/kildall_unforensic_ieee_smear/  

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2012, 07:21 UnderLord

I read this response by Nvidia to Linus' F-bomb - Nvidia Issues Diplomatic Response to Linus Torvalds' F-Bomb as subtly hinting that they soft-pedalled Linux driver development to keep the different platform performances 'consistent' as they put it.
In other words, Nvidia is well aware of the performance gains that *could* be gained on Linux / OpenGL and decided not to make it evident, for whatever marketing / butt-kissing / lucrative reason.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety DanceEvening Safety Dance Jun 11, 2012, 22:17 UnderLord

first! First! ;-)  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Motorized Polo Gains a Foothold in East Africa May 10, 2012, 01:01 UnderLord

What!? No Segways?  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Stock-picking Robot Apr 22, 2012, 20:39 UnderLord

So apart from money for services actually performed, they made $1.2M from 75,000 people.
$16 per person on average and they're making a federal case of it? I'll bet they end up spending way more than that prosecuting the British pair.
What a waste of time and money!

523 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo