Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2012, 15:47 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 15:28:
eunichron wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 14:51:
That entire case is just an example of how utterly ridiculous our patent law is. There was an amazing TED Talk last week from Kirby Ferguson about how hypocritical Apple is being, and how our patent law actually stifles progress.

Here it is, it's a great talk; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-dqUuvLk4

Illustrated very well but easily condensed to the following.... Ecclesiastes 1:9 "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

That god damn bible, keeps coming back to bite me in the ass.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2012, 14:51 eunichron

That entire case is just an example of how utterly ridiculous our patent law is. There was an amazing TED Talk last week from Kirby Ferguson about how hypocritical Apple is being, and how our patent law actually stifles progress.

Here it is, it's a great talk; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd-dqUuvLk4

News Comments > NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion
46. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 17, 2012, 12:53 eunichron

Dev wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 10:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 10:16:
Oh my case is roomy.. I just have 6 HDD's ;p And 6 HDD's need specific HDD cooling with fans n' all.

Well for my next case I am definitely gonna go for a tower case with more width so that this problem doesn't exist.
Nope not roomy. I also have 6 hdds, my case has room for about 15 total. My hdds sit in front of speed controlled 120mm fans. Still plenty of room for graphics cards

If I ever replace it, this one caught my eye recently:
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1393&ID=2048
I like the hdd snap/lock setup, so I never have to swap wires on my hdds when upgrading them. I also like the SATA dock at the top. There's some other neat features in this case. Its all about the features with me, I don't much care how a case looks.

Those kinds of cases just look incredibly tacky to me. I have a 6 year old Antec P-180B right now, but I'm thinking of picking up a Corsair Obsidian 650D. Tons of hard drive space, tons of peripheral space, and it doesn't look like something out of a teenager's wet dream.

News Comments > NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion
12. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 21:46 eunichron

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 21:38:
Yeah, I've been thinking about a new card, and the 660 Ti doesn't seem that appealing, though mostly my concern comes from temperature and noise. I can hear my 5850 with the fans on full, but if I turn them to 50% (which still makes everything run without issue, I just never can be bothered to go through the application to do so. Quite a few of the reviews say that the cards are "quiet", but this is quiet by hardware review standards, which in most cases is approximately equal to "it sounds like you have a Boeing 747 heating its engines in your house."

The 670 seems a more interesting buy, power wise, but again with the noise. Sigh.

Creston

I have an EVGA GTX 680 and in terms of noise it is about the same as the 5870 that it replaced. Though I also switched to water cooling for the CPU this go-around, so that might account for the audible drop in system noise, but I would venture to say that if you're used to the sound of a 5850 a 670 or 660 Ti probably wouldn't be much change for you.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic
9. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 13:27 eunichron

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 12:43:
"You've ended Deathwing's destructive rampage and saved the dragonflights from extinction.

Welll, not YOU, because YOU quit before that was put into the game, because we made the trip from 80 to 85 so short you beat all the story quests in 2 months when it took you a year to do Wrath. But someone...yeah...someone beat Deathwing. So you can come back and play this expansion. You know, if you're not too busy with GW2 and stuff.

Please?

Well, I defeated Deathwing back in February. It made me realize that Blizzard's raid and dungeon design team has no creativity left, so I promptly canceled my account and haven't looked back.

GW2 in 8 days 13 hours!

News Comments > C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer
26. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 14:58 eunichron

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 14:50:
Blacklight IS pay-to-win... They do that same bullshit as Battlefield where you never get to unlock new weapons permanently unless you pay money. It's all one- or three-day unlocks with the free in-game currency you earn by playing. So you can either play all day in order to earn ONE weapon unlock to use the next day, or throw some money down and unlock various (and better) weapons so you have more utility and flexibility.

You can unlock weapons permanently in Blacklight Retribution using the in-game currency, albeit at a drastically increased cost (5500GP vs. 200GP for a receiver). It's a setting in account options. Although, I still haven't had any problems dominating some games still using just the basic loadout, so I still would not say that anyone who pays for items in that game have any real advantage.

News Comments > C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer
23. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 14:45 eunichron

Prez wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 14:30:
Everyone says that "you can earn everything that can be bought just by playing!" but think about it - the game is FREE. The developers want you to spend money. Hell, they. NEED you to spend money. It therefore stands to reason that they would make the 'buying' choice a far more enticing proposition than the 'earning'.

This is absolutely true, and if F2P wasn't profitable no company would do it, but there is still a stark line between F2P and P2W. LoL, T:A, Blacklight Retribution, are F2P, but I have not heard anyone accuse them of being P2W. Dota2 and TF2 may be the "purest" F2P models, but not every company can pull off what Valve has done with them, simply because Valve has the clout to do so.

Your points about single player aside (and I agree, I rarely ever played C&C multiplayer, it was always a single player/vs. AI/vs. friends game for me), I would hesitate to accuse it of being P2W until we know exactly how the game will be monetized.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2012, 13:10 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 12:31:
And of course if pot was legalized like it should be none of this crap would even be happening.

If it wasn't drugs it would be something else. The government won't be happy until they have all of us under the microscope.

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition
15. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition Aug 14, 2012, 22:44 eunichron

Luke wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 20:49:
Is blizzasco even trying ?

Actually, if you look at their latest announcement about Legendaries, yeah, they are trying.

It doesn't excuse that those are design philosophies that should have been in the game before launch, but it proves they are listening.

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition
9. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition Aug 14, 2012, 20:44 eunichron

deqer wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 20:14:
cool, it says your character will come over. that's a good message.

now, what about message about always online DRM. playing single player, online. is that message clear or is it still buried in fine print someone on the cover, phrased in a vague manner?

You mean as clear as when they openly announced it months before launch, and repeated it ad nauseum until the game was released?

Are you even trying anymore?

News Comments > Half-Life 3 at gamescom Denied
27. Re: Half-Life 3 at gamescom Denied Aug 14, 2012, 14:29 eunichron

Who even cares anymore?  

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
31. Re: Battle.net Security Breach Aug 9, 2012, 21:25 eunichron

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 21:15:
Lesson:

Lean towards believing something when several people from around the globe are reporting it. Stop being a fanboy and just call things they way they are or at least be open to not debunk it with no proof on your end. This isn't end of the world stuff, but acknowledge.

So when people with authenticators were stating they were still being hacked, fanboy wanted to beat on them with no remorse or consideration of that possibility. Just like the first reports of RROD nack in the day, MS fanboy didn't want to believe the HW was so shoddy. Over time we found out precisely the HW was shoddy and the reports were in fact true.

I will admit a second level like an authenticator is a lot lot better then a simple user/password. However I do like Mouse click pins vs authenticators because it isn't another app or device and it's just as good.

Yet we have no sense of timeline here. They never said when the breach actually happened. It could have happened over the last few days, in which case the breach had nothing to do with the reports of hacked accounts within the first couple weeks. If the breach happened shortly after launch, then yeah, there's probably something to it.

I'm just surprised a breach of this magnitude didn't happen sooner. We've seen Sony, Riot, Trion, and Valve hacked in the last couple years, and Battle.net is as big a target as those systems... it was just a matter of time.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Returning
5. Re: Heavy Gear Returning Aug 8, 2012, 21:49 eunichron

Time to resurrect Artillery Jesus.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 21:48 eunichron

I never understood that for sports games. Beyond adding real life stat tracking and whatever else, what else can you do with a sports game other than release updates that are essentially the same, but with updated rosters?

They would be better off offering any sports title as an MMO for a $3-4/month subscription where stats and rosters are automatically updated, without removing anything previous (so that you still have access to retired players and such). You'd still be paying $40-50 a year, but it would solve having essentially 6 different version of the same game (as I currently have about 6 different versions of the various NHL games, none of which are compatible with each other).

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
59. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 18:50 eunichron

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 18:46:
I will say this, I eagerly await the cross-over promotions for this...what kinda hats will TF2 achieve from getting Photoshop?

The "Still a ripoff even at a 90% discount" hat. It looks like an empty bank account.

Actually I take that back, I probably would buy a legitimate copy of Photoshop for $65.

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
18. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 14:04 eunichron

Why?

I can't think of a single piece of software that I have installed that I think, "I'd rather have this on Steam!"

Unless the rumors of Valve making a "Steambox" are true and this is just one more step toward Valve turning Steam into a desktop environment/window manager for Linux.

News Comments > Diablo III Hero Profiles Live
14. Re: Diablo III Hero Profiles Live Aug 6, 2012, 21:27 eunichron

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:52:
Icewind wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 18:43:
As for Path of Exile I played some of the beta back in the spring and didn't like it. Me and a friend went through together and aside from the great graphics there isn't anything special about it. Unless you're into PK stuff I suppose, since they said there will be a focus on that.

Did you not notice that it is, for the most part, classless and that there's just an asston of things on the skill tree to choose from? Something that almost everyone complained about D3 not having.

Doing one thing well doesn't mean the game is devoid of any problems. The gameplay is straight out of 1999. No amount of intricate-to-the-point-of-convolution skill trees makes up for boring gameplay.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Beginning; Steam Confirmed Aug 6, 2012, 18:11 eunichron

Dades wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:51:
Asmo wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:48:
Wonder if my tech beta key carries over... =\

It does, I asked because I was in the tech test too but it was under NDA so I didn't bother mentioning it here. Higby confirmed it earlier.

You know if a reinstall is required for those of us coming from the tech test? They mentioned a patch, but major revision changes don't usually go well.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Aug 5, 2012, 21:18 eunichron

Yeah, this is so awful, they've only dropped to 9 times the amount of subscribers of the #2 subscription based MMO instead of only 10 times as many. Blizzard might as well declare chapter 11 before it's too late.

Seriously, the game has been #1 in MMOs for nearly 8 years running. Nothing has even come close to it in sales or subscriptions. Just about every single gamer out there has played it beyond the free month, and a huge majority will continue to play it for the foreseeable future. Players may be moving on to other things, and they'll continue to wane slowly until something better comes along, but to suggest that Blizzard is in any sort of trouble because of these numbers is flat out ridiculous.

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
19. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 18:59 eunichron

I'd kill for Shogo and Heavy Gear reboots.  

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo