Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod
12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Debug Mod Sep 4, 2011, 19:11 eunichron

kanniballl wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 16:55:
wonkawonka wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 16:47:
I'm playing Ghost and I just don't get the boss fights. I just finished my first and it makes no sense: you walk into the fight without the element of surprise, you have no weapon really damaging, you can't do takedowns or any other punching, and you can't use your hacking skillz to any advantage. Boss fights are the only thing I hate about this game.

Eh, I agree. The one down-side is that you have no choice but to "fight" the bosses. But the first two let you avoid having to FPS the thing to death.

The first boss fight you can use all of those barrels and gas-canisters lying around. Plus some decent weapons lying around, but the barrels/canisters should take you most of the way.

Second boss fight you can dodge her attacks, lead her to the electric columns, and blow them up. It's best to have the EMP resistance armor. Meanwhile there are tons of heavy weapons lying around to use against her.

The third one though, there are tons of heavy weapons lying around, I don't recall any other tricks to him though.

You can also max out the Typhoon explosive system. When it's maxed out it's devastating in boss fights, and it only requires 3 Praxis, so it doesn't really take away from anything else you might use going for the Ghost achievement.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Games on Origin
58. Re: Valve Games on Origin Sep 4, 2011, 17:45 eunichron

Back on topic... it seems as though they've upped the cost of the "Buy 2" games... yesterday all but 2 of them were $19.99, now they are all $29.99.

[EDIT]
Perhaps it's just bugged, because I just checked it on a different machine, and the prices are once again $19.99.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2011, 17:50.

44. Re: Valve Games on Origin Sep 3, 2011, 22:49 eunichron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 20:13:
PHJF wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 19:11:
Except here's your problem... sales taxes are collected by and for states, not the federal government.
Except they're not collected.
Eh? They are collected. My brother runs a small business, and every quarter he has to fill out a tax form, and pay the state his sales tax revenues to the state, and receive a statement from the IRS. It's on the business to make sure that they are paying, and paying the correct amount. Of course, my brother runs his business honestly and doesn't try to cheat the system... the problem is the companies and their legions of lawyers that make their living off of finding loopholes and exemptions within the ridiculously complex and bloated tax code. Close the loopholes, get rid of the exemptions, and we'd be half way to getting things fixed.

News Comments > PIP-Boy 3000s
3. Re: PIP-Boy 3000s Sep 3, 2011, 15:42 eunichron

Now that's fucking cool. If that's what one guy in his garage can do, imagine what an R&D company could do if they actually tried. Screw the iPhone5, I want a PipBoy by 2012.  

14. Re: Valve Games on Origin Sep 3, 2011, 14:46 eunichron

zincthallinide wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 14:36:
Re: The $5 'pre-order' charge for SWTOR, I was confused about that myself originally. I'm not sure why they have the $5 charge at all, except to get some immediate charge on your CC since they don't bill you in full until the game is released..?

I would imagine so. Since they are limiting the launch (which is really the only truly "evil" and stupid thing EA is doing with SW:TOR) it seems more like a, "get a charge on your CC so we know you're serious about buying it, and you know you'll get a copy." Same as pre-ordering from a brick-and-mortar; you pay a small fee to guarantee that you get your copy, but it doesn't add to the total cost of the game.

11. Re: Valve Games on Origin Sep 3, 2011, 14:17 eunichron

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 14:05:
For some reason i see neither the sale mentioned nor the games mentioned. Looks to be an US only offer.

Half tempted to ask EA about that...

The full list of games is buy any 2 of these:
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age: Origins II
Dead Space 2
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Counter-Strike: Source
Bulletstorm
Left4Dead
Left4Dead 2

... and get one of these for free:
Medal of Honor
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Mass Effect 2
Dead Space
The Saboteur

All of the paid titles are $19.99, except for Crysis and DA:O II which are $29.99.

Wouldn't be a bad deal at all if I didn't already own most of those titles.

The SW:TOR pre-order thing; yes they charge you $5 to pre-order, but the price of the game when you pre-order $54.99, making the total price for a pre-order $59.99... the same price it will be at retail launch. Are you guys even trying anymore?

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Sep 2, 2011, 19:09 eunichron

psalm wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 12:39:
Wait.. is D3 a closed beta under NDA still? Because if so, that dude left his character names on there... Blizzard will have a field day..

Word from the Reddit thread where these originated was that he was a former employee that was fired a few months ago. The shots don't really seem to show anything that hasn't already been shown off or talked about yet anyway... so I doubt that Blizzard will do anything more than just close his account.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Trailer
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Trailer Sep 2, 2011, 18:42 eunichron

entr0py wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 14:59:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 14:26:
MajorD wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 11:42:
Nice try 'again' EA, but I'm still not purchasing this title as along as it is on your spyware Origin.

Just pretend you're using steam spyware. Granted until sniping isn't shooting at orange triangles I won't touch it.

It seems like about half of the BFBC2 servers are running hardcore mode with 3D spotting disabled. BF3 will have a similar hardcore mode and I'm sure it will be just as popular.

Yeah, at least I know I and my group of friends prefer hardcore mode over normal mode in BFBC2. The only thing I don't like is not having a crosshair, or even a leaf sight, when using the vehicle mounted machine guns. Generally, by the time you walk the rounds in on your target you're already dead.

But, having played the BF3 alpha, I don't know what all the butthurt is about. The game is awesome, Battlelog works well, Origin is no more or less invasive than Steam, and from what I've heard the cost to rent a server will be about a third what it was to license a BF2 server, so even though there's no private server software, it will be cheap as hell to rent one. So, go ahead and don't buy while the rest of us enjoy one of the best multiplayer shooters to be released in years.

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Livestream, MW3 Multiplayer Debut Trailer
8. Re: Call of Duty XP Livestream, MW3 Multiplayer Debut Trailer Sep 2, 2011, 18:01 eunichron

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 2, 2011, 14:26:
Looks like a game that will sell a bazillion copies.

Looks like every other video ever released since the first Modern Warfare title.

How many times will people buy the same game?

Hey, this one has breaking glass and even more unrealistic and weak gun sounds. It's an entirely different game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 1, 2011, 23:43 eunichron

Beyond that, current technologies don't feasibly support the idea of a new console.

That's ridiculous. DX11 is a massive leap over the current DX9 (or DX9 equivalent) hardware, there's been many innovations in graphics quality (resolution, effects, etc.), hardware efficiency, physics, etc. Considering the quality of gaming engines that PCs can support now, that is all the more reason for another iteration of consoles within the next couple years.

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Not Yet Sold Out
1. Re: Call of Duty XP Not Yet Sold Out Aug 31, 2011, 20:44 eunichron

I'd pay $150 to not see Dropkick Murphys and Kanye West perform.  

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans
8. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:17 eunichron

Drezden wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 17:10:
And this is what happens when George Lucas wins.
They add stupid shit like "NOOOOO"'s that shouldn't be there
Everyone else loses. Fuck him, seriously. He needs to die so the Star Wars universe stays safe from here on out.

This caused me to cancel my Blu Ray preorder.

Lucas needs to be euthanized, for the good of humanity.

News Comments > Why Minecraft Isn't On Steam
1. Re: Why Minecraft Isn't On Steam Aug 29, 2011, 18:58 eunichron

This seems to be a fairly common grievance by developers lately. Even though I don't play Minecraft, or have any inclination to whatsoever, I'm hoping these recent complaints will lead to a more lax policy by Valve for Steam so that indie and corporate developers alike can have more freedom in how they present content to their customers.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2011, 14:48 eunichron

Off-topic: I finally broke down and bought a 2TB internal drive for my primary machine so that I can consolidate the 3 different HDDs already in it. I know there are enclosures you can buy to turn individual drives into external drives, but are there any good enclosures that will let you have multiple drives of different performance (they are all SATA, but different speeds and capacities)?

Earthquake: My friend in W. VA described it as, "Standing on a plywood stage with two elephants fucking."

News Comments > Diablo III Community Website & Beard Challenge
5. Re: Diablo III Community Website & Beard Challenge Aug 24, 2011, 14:36 eunichron

I'd send in a pic but I'm afraid the awesomeness of my beard might kill the dev team and they'd never finish it.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
31. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 16:19 eunichron

Kobalt wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 16:14:
Jonny wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 15:19:
The main concern I have is the sheer number of dumbfuck raiders on their forums screaming loudly that raiding should be the sole endgame of any MMO.

I keep seeing people say stuff like this but what is the endgame of a mmo like this supposed to be? Pvp? el oh fucking el.

It shouldn't be one or the other, it should be both. I'd venture to guess that is the reason behind much of WoW's success, the game doesn't really even begin until you reach max level.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 14:56 eunichron

I pre-ordered the digital edition yesterday. I had to go through the normal ordering process (this is where they charged my credit card), and then I got an automated e-mail that said my pre-order was waiting approval. About 5 minutes later I got another e-mail saying my pre-order was approved, and it had a validation code (a standard CD-key) that I then had to go log on to my account at swtor.com and validate.

I'm glad that they are trying to ensure a smooth launch, but this whole process just seemed completely unnecessary.

What I'd really like to know is if they'll be providing refunds for those whose pre-orders do not get approved before launch, seeing as they charged my card before even completing the order.

News Comments > WoW Drops More Subs
52. Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 4, 2011, 18:35 eunichron

Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 18:11:
I love reading the WoW threads on here, because from reading them, WoW never seems anything but WORK to me. You pay blizzard 15 bucks for the privilege of utterly grinding in an effort to find a piece of gear that has an extra +2% on something.

Even my regular day job isn't that dull.

Creston

I really don't know where all this comes from. Having been a "hardcore" raider since Burning Crusade (I've taken a few breaks since then and now), gear has never been easier to get than it is now. I currently have a mage alt that just hit 85 several weeks ago, I put off gearing it up until the last week because my guild has been working on progression raiding (we're currently 6/7 heroic Firelands, so by progression I mean bleeding edge world class progression). It took me less than a week to get my mage geared up in the best possible pre-raid gear; and I'm a full time student who also works full time. I'm inclined to believe that the people who complain about the "grind" either do not play the game, haven't played it in a long time, or are just "doing it wrong."

That being said, my biggest complaint as an old school raider (that I think has been echoed in the thread already) is the lack of originality in the new content. They're rehashing old instances and presenting them as "new" content. At least they are adding some new boss fights and combining abilities in different ways, but as it is there hasn't really been anything fresh or new in quite a while.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access
18. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 23:53 eunichron

entr0py wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 23:43:
eunichron wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 23:28:
Rattlehead wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 20:14:
Been playing the alpha, great fun and runs on my laptop smoothly.
The alpha was supposedly only running DX9 and locked at low settings (or at least settings lower than maximum). My only complaint with the graphics was that they were kind of bland, hopefully that changes with DX11 and higher settings, but even at DX9 it looked pretty damn good.

I don't think that's true. They're not making a DX9 version at all, why would they create one just for testing? The few people running XP who got invites were bitching on the forums about it not working for them.

Besides, it seemed like DX10+ effects were a core part of gameplay. Like the blurring from suppression or the blinding glare from sniper scopes and laser sights. I don't think DX9 could force the sort of effects I saw. And if you could turn them off that would be a cheat.

Yes, of course, DX10, that's what I meant to say Goofy . I know the PC engine is DX11 base with some compatibility for DX10, but the point remains, it will/should look significantly better in beta/release, and probably be a bit more of a hog.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access
14. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 23:28 eunichron

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 20:14:
Been playing the alpha, great fun and runs on my laptop smoothly.
The alpha was supposedly only running DX9 and locked at low settings (or at least settings lower than maximum). My only complaint with the graphics was that they were kind of bland, hopefully that changes with DX11 and higher settings, but even at DX9 it looked pretty damn good.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo