Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
111. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 18:46 eunichron

I finally got around to watching the clip, and people are mad about a 3-4 year old video that was censored (heavily) for the performance? It seems to me that no one even considered it until someone looked up the original clip and heard what he was actually saying.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: AMD recommends FXAA Oct 27, 2011, 16:36 eunichron

I'm running the game on Ultra at 1920x1080 with no AA at all, and it almost looks better than with AA; it's less blurry which makes it easier to pick out details in the distance. The lack of AA is only noticeable on things like fences and wires. I guess I'll try turning FXAA on and see if it's any better than MSAA.  

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
87. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 16:07 eunichron

Having met George Fisher several times in my life, I can say that anyone who gives him even an iota of attention for anything he says is wasting their time.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
65. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 16:51 eunichron

Dev wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 16:35:
So, all those saying "beta is only a beta it will all be fixed in release even though thats only a few weeks away", how much of it actually fixed in release?

Pretty much all of it has been fixed including some of the UI amenities that were missing (squad control, commo rose, being able to access the game menu while dead) have been added. They also fixed some of the balance issues (UMP/semi-auto snipers being way too powerful). The people crying foul seem to the vocal minority, the game is great, and is much improved over the beta.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
93. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 25, 2011, 05:58 eunichron

KilrathiAce wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 03:13:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 00:46:
Nope, it's Origin or nothing. It's not awful, but I prefer Steam.

Origin is not why this game is not sold on steam. Reason is EA battle with Valve. There are plenty of games on steam that require 3rd party account or drm and so BF3 could be sold on steam easily and require origin on top of it. If its something EA don't agree on with Valve rules then why dont EA take all their games off steam? Make a statement. Otherwise EA needs to stop blaming Valve and admit to their own agenda.

They already admitted their own agenda. Several months ago they stated the reason for expanding Origin (EA Downloader, now Origin, has been around almost as long as Steam) was because of Valve forcing publishers to sell DLC through Steam rather than allowing them to sell it directly through in-game interfaces. Of course EA could sell the game and future DLC on Steam while still requiring Origin, but why not take advantage of the opportunity to promote their own service with a AAA title? The Origin vs. Steam debate isn't a question of good guy vs. bad guy, it's about marketing and competition, which is perfectly fine.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
66. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 18:49 eunichron

Bhruic wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 18:39:
So I just got an email from Origin

Yeah, I got the same one. I think the confusion is over:
Product Name: Battlefield 3 Pre-order Promotion - Physical Warfare Pack

In other words, for some dumb reason, the Physical Warfare Pack has an earlier release date than the actual game. Typical EA stupidity.

I got an e-mail as well, but mine did not mention the Physical Warfare Pack, just BF3 Limited Edition, and that the release date was now October 24, 2011. I tried launching it and it's still telling me that it won't be playable until October 25, 2011 at 2:00AM.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
4. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 21, 2011, 18:36 eunichron

Already canceled my sub and resubbed RIFT.

WoW has finally jumped the shark.

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Trailer
2. Re: Blizzard DOTA Trailer Oct 21, 2011, 18:32 eunichron

At first I thought, "This trailer can't be serious." Then I realized the DOTA/MOBA community is full of trolls, and this trailer was perfectly fitting for a DOTA game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2011, 01:29 eunichron

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 15:18:
eunichron wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 13:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 11:49:
I think I'll trust the USAF measuring me...

6' 2" and I wouldn't mind if I was taller...

I used to be 6'4", but I shrank an inch during my time in the Army, so now I'm 6'3". I've been trying to find some exercises or stretches to gain that inch back, but it looks as though it's gone forever.

Yeah, you won't get it back. I was an 11C, and all that ground pounding and jumping on and off vehicles takes it's toll. I'm 6'nothing, used to be 6'1".

Military service takes it's toll on the human body (and if you've deployed the mind as well). Wouldn't trade those 8 years for the world however; met some great people, mourn the loss of some others, but always cherish the time spent with those outstanding gentlemen.

Oh yeah? Which unit? I was an 11C too, 2-22 IN 10th Mountain. Signed up in '03, got out in '07. There were times I wished I was mech, until I actually had to hitch a ride in a Bradley and later an M113... after that experience I was happy to strap that 81 baseplate to my ruck. Simultaneously the best and worst years of my life, but likewise, I wouldn't trade them in for anything.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2011, 13:31 eunichron

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 11:49:
I think I'll trust the USAF measuring me...

6' 2" and I wouldn't mind if I was taller...

I used to be 6'4", but I shrank an inch during my time in the Army, so now I'm 6'3". I've been trying to find some exercises or stretches to gain that inch back, but it looks as though it's gone forever.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Oct 18, 2011, 17:53 eunichron

Awesome, I'm not big on DLC but the game was so much fun that this might be worth it.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Oct 15, 2011, 17:23 eunichron

Prez wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 16:56:
Can't wait for Borderlands 2! I loved the first, despite the flaws.

Indeed. I don't know why the trend around here is to bash it, I thought Borderlands was a blast. I didn't think it was necessarily worth buying the DLC, and the ending left a little to be desired, but overall it was a standard, fun, RPG-lite shooter, especially in coop with a few friends. I'll definitely give Borderlands 2 a shot.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
25. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 17:20 eunichron

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 15, 2011, 17:00:
And i was bashed for saying this, mega texture doesn't allow for dynamic (higher) resolution for things in your face, its all a blurry mess in the source. Anyone with half a clue about graphics technology knew this was the case.

And no amount of upscale magic will fix any of these issues, and detail textures only work if you have detail to add - things like the blurry phones or vending machines don't just need detail textures, they need full high-res textures!

And I was bashed for saying id hasn't been relevant since Doom 3.

Where is your god now?

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Map Details
1. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Map Details Oct 13, 2011, 21:20 eunichron

Operation Firestorm and Tehran Highway are looking pretty cool.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
19. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 13, 2011, 16:36 eunichron

InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 10:04:
Yeah well if some of my facebook friends unfriended me for retarded shit like that I would feel insulted. I really would. All of my facebook friends are also people I know very well IRL. I dont "friend" people on facebook I dont consider friends.

For the third time, from what Ive read of his post he also refers to friends & family as the reason he uses facebook, so yeah unfriending someone because of some nude photo or whatever is pretty douchy any way you look at it. (Unless you are 13 year old shy girl. I assumed he isnt)

Ok, since you seem so obsessed with it, I do only friend people that I know personally, or in the case of family am related to in some way. There are only two cases in which I unfriended anyone, one of which was an ex-girlfriend (I'll let your imagination fly with that), and the other was an aunt that I have never even met before, but felt obligated to friend her because we are related. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Some people just take Facebook too seriously, I think, as if unfriending someone was the same and branding them as an outlaw or exile in the classical sense.

10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 12, 2011, 21:03 eunichron

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 20:10:
eunichron wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 16:11:
I wouldn't have anything against Facebook if they would just let me DELETE my fucking account, instead of "deactivating" it.

I find it rather odd that the technology savvy individual uses Facebook in the first place. People whine about privacy yet post the most intimate details of where they are and what they are doing on FB....

I don't see why anyone who is "tech savvy" would have a problem with it, but yeah, that is ridiculous, and I have in the past unfriended people that get a little too intimate with their postings, and I disable as many of the ads/apps/games as I can keep up with. I generally just use it to keep in touch with family and friends that I don't see regularly, but if there was an offering that provided the security and privacy that FB lacks I would encourage my friends to switch to it (Google+ isn't it).

Ant wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 20:59:
How about changing your data?
That still doesn't change the fact that your profile is never actually deleted, it only becomes "hidden."

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2011, 21:09.

News Comments > RIFT Add-on Launches, Free Weekend Begins Tomorrow
9. Re: RIFT Add-on Launches, Free Weekend Begins Tomorrow Oct 12, 2011, 18:10 eunichron

PropheT wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 16:14:
MacLeod wrote on Oct 12, 2011, 15:31:
They pretty much were throwing the gauntlet down to WoW claiming to be better.

Because what they should have done in their advertising campaign is say, "WoW is better, but please play our game instead!"

Unless you're doing end-game progressing raiding, RIFT actually IS better, at least in my opinion. I like it enough to have never looked back at Warcraft, anyway.

I've been playing WoW since launch, and I gave RIFT a try at launch as well... and that the lack of end-game content and dungeons is the only reason I didn't stick with RIFT. I really enjoyed the leveling, and the constant threat of zone invasions and rift events (though the rift events did get kind of old by near-max level), and I really liked the class and calling system, and I thought it was implemented extremely well. Naturally a brand new MMO will have trouble competing with one that has nearly 7 years worth of content, but developers should know that and be prepared to have content rolling down the pipeline almost immediately. Fortunately it looks like BioWare has realized this for SW:TOR's launch.

I have stayed subscribed to the RIFT newsletter even though my account subscription lapsed a few months ago, I might have to give it another shot during this free week, maybe level another character and see what has changed.

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 12, 2011, 16:11 eunichron

I wouldn't have anything against Facebook if they would just let me DELETE my fucking account, instead of "deactivating" it.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Oct 12, 2011, 01:32 eunichron

The problem with Torchlight was just that it was rushed out the door just so Runic could get something out quick... not that it was buggy or anything, but it was lacking much of the depth and features that should be standard in an ARPG.

I think the primary reason I enjoyed Torchlight was that I didn't pay for it, a friend bought it for me as a gift, but I am looking forward to a full-featured Torchlight 2.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 10, 2011, 21:25 eunichron

Have to admit I avoided Metro 2033 at first because all the press I remember about it focused on the engine rather than the gameplay, but for $5 I couldn't resist, and I'm pleasantly surprised.  

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo