Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
88. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 16:13 eunichron

Dirwulf wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 16:00:
I can't read this thread anymore. Its making me very sad. I don't own Skyrim (yet) so I can't get in on the fun. Of course, my friend, who is a very hot looking girl, and unemployed, gets it gifted to her. Sometimes I wish I had boobs.

Average cost of a boobjob is $3,000-$4,000.

Start saving!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
88. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 11, 2011, 00:28 eunichron

Anyone actually able to play?

CTD at the menu.

Classic Bethesda.

[EDIT]
Apparently it's a sound issue. Had to change my soundcard to 24bit 48000Hz output, and now it's fine.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Speed Cap Removed
1. Re: Tribes: Ascend Speed Cap Removed Nov 10, 2011, 16:46 eunichron

Excellent, it looks like they're really listening to fan and tester feedback. This might just turn out to be a great true Tribes sequel.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 10, 2011, 15:01 eunichron

I've heard that the MW3 hacks are just MW2 hacks... they work in MW3 with absolutely no modification.

Congrats Activision/Infinity Ward, you've successfully duped everyone into buying a $60 DLC pack.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Nov 9, 2011, 18:41 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 15:13:
Once most people play through a class storyline on both sides they'll move on to greener pastures...like GW2.

Pretty much. While it will be nice to see what they can do with a "story-driven" leveling and dungeon process... after watching videos, and talking to a few friends who have the beta, having to sit through the conversations can be a bit tedious. Why sit and listen to an NPC talk for 2 minutes just so I can go kill 12 womp rats?

Blizzard needs to stop messing with the core game and focus on content; pve, pvp, and solo. Hopefully Bioware took note of this and will be ready for it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records
27. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records Nov 9, 2011, 17:15 eunichron

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 11:09:
Suppression mechanic is unique.. as well as the use of GI Domes , and squad-wide perks

Not much, but still... also generally speaking, BF3 is a direct evolution of BF2 after dice noticed what an awesome game BC2 really was. And they DID evolve gameplay.. MW3 doesn't

Its exactly 1:1 the same as MW2 (different maps, unlocks, perks and weapons, 100% same game besides that)

Also, nothing ever beats sitting in a scout helicopter and hovering in front of a building and killing guys through windows as you slowly dismantle the entire floor... and finally a huge boom and the building crumbles.

How anyone can go back to COD after experiencing that is beyond me.

I hear you, and I definitely love BF3, and I have no intention of buying MW3 (unless maybe the 360 version goes on sale for $5)... but they're really just two different games with two separate audiences. BF3 is more of a strategic open area, team-based game... MW is just a run 'n' gun twitch shooter. It's like comparing Starsiege: Tribes to Quake 3.

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
34. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 8, 2011, 18:42 eunichron

I'm not going to say that the game is dead, that is ridiculous, but it is losing it's appeal for a lot of users. I myself am still a member of the same raiding guild that has been going strong since the early days of TBC. We're currently one of the top ranked 10man guilds in the world, with the same core group we had back in TBC, and since this announcement at least half of our group has said they are quitting after we kill Deathwing in 4.3. Some of us have resubscribed to Rift which we play while we wait for lockouts to refresh.

They're rehashing old content, bringing back old bosses, reusing old boss models... clearly the game is on the back burner, so to speak. The pandas and Pokemon is just confirmation that they're working with limited resources and are struggling to keep subscriptions.

For the record, Pandarians didn't start as WarCraft canon, they started when Chris Metzen posted some concept art way back when on the WarCraft 3 beta forums, and he accidentally posted a picture he had drawn of a ninja panda and its cub. It kind of turned into a community mascot, eventually ending up as the Pandaren Brewmaster in TFT.

WoW was always a casual gamer's MMO, but the path it has taken is just dumbed down to Baby's First MMO. I plan on playing at least until the 5.0 patch, but in the meantime I've resubscribed to Rift (funny enough, word is the Deathwing fight is practically a carbon copy of Rift's Akylios fight), which has improved greatly since release and has tons of stuff to do, and I've also pre-ordered SWTOR... I'll be playing one of the two while Blizzard continues to euthanize their game.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews
14. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews Nov 8, 2011, 17:34 eunichron

What I don't understand is that most of these reviews start off complaining about certain aspects of the game; the monotony, flat, forgettable, trite storyline, and rehashed gameplay. Then they go on to say that it is a great game that lives up to the hype. So which is it? Reviewers don't have to tear the game apart, as with the Gamasutra RAGE interview, but some consistency in opinion would be nice.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 14:44 eunichron

Enjoy your $60 MW2 DLC.  

News Comments > Titan Senior Designer Laid Off?
1. Re: Titan Senior Designer Laid Off? Nov 7, 2011, 21:56 eunichron

For such a "hush-hush" game we certainly get quite a bit of news about it.

Actually kind of shocked they didn't have an official announcement about it at Blizzcon this year.

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
34. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 21:14 eunichron

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer Nov 6, 2011, 20:43 eunichron

DangerDog wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 15:29:
No mention of PC version at all.

Don't know why you would expect it, CoD is clearly not developed for PC.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer
23. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer Nov 1, 2011, 16:35 eunichron

DangerDog wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 15:52:
The biggest gripe is the price they set for these games, isn't it? If it were $39.99 (or less) then I think people would be more receptive to more of the same, tweaked multiplayer, few new maps and some single player.
Pretty much this. I like MW multiplayer, it's more frantic and fast paced than BF3 (don't get me wrong, I love BF also), but they just don't change enough of it to warrant charging $60 every year for a new game. A couple new maps and game modes aren't worth it, that's more what DLC should be. I have WaW, MW, MW2, and BLOPS, and they really are all the same game, but I did not pay full price for any of them. Same engine, same aesthetics, same feel, same mechanics.

MW3? I'll probably pick it up on a discount, get run 'n' gun itch out of my system, then go back to BF3.

News Comments > BF3 on Steam Hints
12. Re: BF3 on Steam Hints Oct 31, 2011, 17:04 eunichron

bhcompy wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 16:03:
God Origin is an abortion. Getting it installed off the DVD was a nightmare because it didn't pick up the DVD and tried to download it from EA's awful Origin servers. Had to copy all ~14gigs to the HDD, replace the Origin installer files with the new installer, and run setup from there to get it to pick up. Then it required me to disable uPnP on my firewall and setup port forwarding to even log in(which no other game has ever required).

Seems like the only people that had problems were people that bought a physical copy, which is just something EA will have to work out. I bought the digital download and had absolutely 0 problems installing it. I started my pre-load as soon as it became available on Friday, and the game was activated at 11pm the next Monday, and I was playing by 11:05pm.

I did notice that recently a friend of mine gave me an extra copy of L4D2 that he had, and when I went to install it Steam picked up on the install and tried to download it anyway, even though I was installing it by DVD. I wasn't in a hurry to play it, and my Steam downloads are usually very fast, so I decided to just cancel the install and let Steam download it anyway, but it seems like it's just a common design issue that needs to be worked out with all digital distribution methods.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Re: Sunday Previews Oct 30, 2011, 18:47 eunichron

That Planetside 2 preview was interesting, and I think they are going the right way with it; expanding on the original rather than redesigning the game. I think Higby hit the nail on the head with Planetside 1, internet connections and computers back in 2003 just couldn't handle the scope of it. Hopefully with Planetside 2 the core game is there, with just the right amount of tweaks and improvements to polish it off.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
34. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 30, 2011, 00:46 eunichron

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 21:11:
Still not sure how this is news, or even a leak. 1 CD out of 2 is leaked, and there is no crack available, despite what's been said here. Wow, what a scandal. Meanwhile people were playing Rage on 360 2 weeks before the release, and not a word about it on "news" sites.

http://i41.tinypic.com/16k6cgp.jpg

The full thing is out, but yes, no crack. It's just a matter of time, though... a day or two at the most.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
9. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 29, 2011, 17:26 eunichron

Joss wrote on Oct 29, 2011, 16:12:
Hmmm, so you're telling me there's a job open somewhere?

Don't get your hopes up, that job will be outsourced to a Chinese company that will handle the shipping for 1/3 the cost.

News Comments > Postal III on Steam
4. Re: Postal III on Steam Oct 29, 2011, 17:07 eunichron

Is it sad that I am more looking forward to all the threads from the butthurt ninnies complaining about the offensive content than the actual game itself?  

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
157. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 22:02 eunichron

space captain wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 21:27:
so im guessing Nuclear Assault wont ever get invited to this pathetic bullshit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7UwjfKTxY

lesbians, lesbians, lesbians must die!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JKonI8Td_M

I guess a guest appearance by Anal Cunt would be completely out of the question.

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
123. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 19:14 eunichron

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:05:
Homosexuality is found in over 400 different animal species. Homo-phobia is only found in one. Which one would you consider "natural"?

"Homosexuality" and "homosexual tendencies" are two entirely different things. I could go out right now and have sex with another man, but it doesn't make me a homosexual, because I'm still primarily attracted to women.

Besides, is not the point of controlling "hate-speech" the idea that we are better than animals? The belief that we are conscious of our actions and are able to control them above and beyond our natural instincts?

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo