Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
6. Re: Morning Screenshots Aug 24, 2012, 17:20 eunichron

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 12:13:
nin wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 11:07:
If they're doing this many updates (3 this week now), I'm hoping a new video is due soon...

Not only that - but I need a new computer! Holy crap those are nice stills!!!!

Those old consoles can still push some neat tricks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 19:34 eunichron

Since they let all the PS1 vets in such sights are becoming more common.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
30. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 16:00 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:52:
You know, I haven't even touched the RvR stuff yet. Who has? How is it? I'll get in there sooner or later but I've really jut dug exploring the world so far. This is a great game for explorers.

I did WvWvW exclusively during BWE2, and it was just a clusterfuck of people running around in a giant death ball killing enemy stragglers and destroying encampments. Every once in a while we would run into the other server's death ball and a huge battle would break out, but other than that it was pretty lackluster. I'm hoping it will sort itself out once server populations are increased and stabilized.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 23, 2012, 15:26 eunichron

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 10:10:
I am a little more disappointed about the Sleeping Dogs demo that showed up on the xbox but not for the PC.

I missed that.

I will say I'm having a lot more fun with the game than I ever hoped...it's different, but it's a blast.

edit: Looks like its out now?

I was just going to say I swore I just saw it on Steam, and sure enough, here it is; http://store.steampowered.com/app/202170/

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Notes Errata
17. Re: Diablo III Patch Notes Errata Aug 23, 2012, 15:21 eunichron

Graham wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 15:18:
It's alright, I'm sure we'll hear less of deqer after the first week of September. Classes and detention await!

As for the game, I hit Paragon 1 yesterday during a particularly vicious fight with a real bastard of a champion. Kept me from doing a corpse-run and seemed almost symbolic for my relationship with Diablo 3: just when I thought it was dead, it levelled up in a really satisfying way.

Yeah, I decided to give 1.04 a shot last night after the GW2 stress test ended, that was around midnight. Before I knew it it was 3 AM. I have to give kudos where kudos is due, Blizzard is fixing the game.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 14:53 eunichron

1d 12h 6m 51s  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2012, 14:46 eunichron

I may or may not be able to confirm that I have been in the beta since the tech test started a month ago..

But the game looks like it might need a lot of work, but the developers are probably being very forthcoming about their plans for the game, and I have great confidence in them to make an amazing game.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
115. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 19:10 eunichron

As others have said just take a trip around the world and you will see how believable that number is. Go to the Middle East, Asia, or South America and walk into any shop that sells movies or games, chances are 100% of the merchandise is pirated. It's not just because it's cheaper (in Iraq we had a haji shop that sold movies for $1, Xbox/PS2 games for $3), but in many areas it is the only way that consumers can purchase those goods. Don't disregard the number just because it's from Ubi, more than likely it is a pretty accurate statistic.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 22, 2012, 00:23 eunichron

The only thing preventing me from participating in Kickstarter campaigns is we have yet to see anything come to fruition from it. What happens if a project gets canceled? What if they run over budget? I will support it more once there are tangible results.

For example, there is this girl whose Kickstarter for a board game was successful, but after the fact she came out and said that the sun told her to stop making the game. So what happened to the $7,840 that she received? Did she refund it? Did she keep it? Does Kickstarter follow up to make sure that the money is going where it's supposed to, or are 85 people collectively out of $7,840?

6. Re: Into the Black Aug 20, 2012, 23:23 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 22:50:
eunichron wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 22:46:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 22:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 21:34:
Top Gun/Man on Fire, Phyllis, dear lord what's next?!?

New rule just handed down, they go in twos not threes.

It's threes, William Windom died a few days ago.

Never heard of him, so it's still 2, not 3 so far.

He wasn't very well known on his own, but he did a lot of TV guest spots, including Star Trek, Gunsmoke, and Mission Impossible.

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 20, 2012, 22:46 eunichron

DangerDog wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 22:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 21:34:
Top Gun/Man on Fire, Phyllis, dear lord what's next?!?

New rule just handed down, they go in twos not threes.

It's threes, William Windom died a few days ago.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
6. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 16:14 eunichron

I only read Diablo 3 threads for the deqer comments now. Gold, Jerry! Gold!  

News Comments > etc.
47. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 15:52 eunichron

ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:36:
eunichron wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:32:
ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:27:
Someone with both D2 and D3, can you guys confirm the rumors I've been constantly hearing for a while now, that D2 multiplayer has more players playing in the majority of the day than D3 on the whole?

I could install D2 quick and check, but since there is no global player counter for either of them it would just be a poor guess.

Ah ok, thought there was an easy way to check. Disregarding any rumors then.

Just to humor you, Diablo 2 US East had about 100 people in public chat channels. Diablo 3 had ~690 people listed on the public games list. I also took this really awesome Diablo 2 screenshot; http://i.imgur.com/cwTYX.jpg and this one; http://i.imgur.com/KfWuH.jpg

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2012, 16:04.

News Comments > etc.
44. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 15:32 eunichron

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:24:
eunichron wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:16:
Diablo and Diablo 2 were Autism Farming Simulator. Diablo 3 is Autism Farming Simulator.

True enough. I guess the problem I have, and maybe others have, with Diablo 3 is that it is just more of the same. Maybe we burnt our of the genre before D3 hit the playing field and since it didn't bring anything new to the table our expectations fell flat on their faces. Maybe the game just isn't for our generation as if you'd played any other ARPG for a great length of time, you don't need to play D3.

That's probably part of it. I was in high school the first time I played Diablo, was in my senior year when Diablo 2 was released. I loved the game back then, it was all I played, hell I almost failed a few classes because of the game. That was 12 years ago, the game industry has changed, we've changed as gamers, and while the ARPG genre isn't dead by any means, they're not the style of games that I make a priority for anymore. That is also not to say that I didn't get enjoyment out of D3, I logged nearly 150 hours into it before I gave it up, made some of the box price back in RMAH sales, I would say it was well worth the purchase, but it's not something that I'll continue to play the same way I did when I was teenager playing Diablo 2, but then again neither is Torchlight 2 nor Path of Exile.

ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:27:
Someone with both D2 and D3, can you guys confirm the rumors I've been constantly hearing for a while now, that D2 multiplayer has more players playing in the majority of the day than D3 on the whole?

I could install D2 quick and check, but since there is no global player counter for either of them it would just be a poor guess.

News Comments > etc.
40. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 15:16 eunichron

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 15:08:
Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:45:
The Diablo 3 1.04 details have been updated yet again, now there is apparently paragon levels which start at 1 when a player reaches level 60 and goes all the way to 100. It gives 3% MF/GF per level and will take roughly 300,000,000 EXP to hit 100. That's their endgame solution apparently. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

No word on bindable items yet so I hope that was just a silly rumor.

Paragon Levels, much like this comment, gives an impression of hasty and not well thought out. If anything, it just points out the futility of playing the game as all your are doing is filling a meter that increases your ability to farm and gives you some stats. Leveling is not fun just for the sake of leveling otherwise ProgressQuest would dominate the gaming industry. Paragon Levels would need to be more substantial with either new abilities, runes or passives. Why do I want to grind more? Also, what will be the effect of Paragon Levels in PvP when you finally get around to releasing it?

At least Rift made their "Paragon Levels" have a few useful abilities thrown, if not much better than this. Wait. Did you guys just copy Rift here? Usually, when you blatantly copy something, at least try and make it better or your own in some way. Otherwise you are no better than Zynga.

Except ProgressQuest is satire.

Diablo and Diablo 2 were Autism Farming Simulator. Diablo 3 is Autism Farming Simulator. That is the point of those games. Farm gear, get more powerful, farm more gear. Do it ad nauseum with new characters. I really don't know why people were expecting something different. At its most basic level that is what the ARPG genre is, it does not matter if it is Diablo or Titan Quest or Torchlight, they're all just Autism Farming Simulator in different skins. If you want something different, find a different genre.

News Comments > etc.
37. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 14:58 eunichron

Verno wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:45:
The Diablo 3 1.04 details have been updated yet again, now there is apparently paragon levels which start at 1 when a player reaches level 60 and goes all the way to 100. It gives 3% MF/GF per level and will take roughly 300,000,000 EXP to hit 100. That's their endgame solution apparently. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

No word on bindable items yet so I hope that was just a silly rumor.

It's nice that they're making a concerted effort, but really this is all stuff that should have been part of the game at launch. I might poke around a bit when 1.04 does come out, but I doubt I'll pick up the game as a mainstay again until the inevitable expansion, especially with Guild Wars 2 early access starting in 4 days, 12 hours, 1 minute, and 9 seconds.

News Comments > etc.
33. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 14:17 eunichron

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:09:
DeadlyAccurate wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 11:51:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 11:39:
Eh.. I was hoping FO4 would go west.

Also this rumor sounds shaky.

I'd still like to see what they can do with the new engine. I was always mad they didn't do a DLC to cover the android base they hinted at in FO3 so if they actually do cover that then I guess Boston is okay.

I'd like to see them go outside the US.

I guess it could be done. The US's anti-communist propaganda and 1950's era jingoism is baked into the setting though. It would feel like a different series..

Yeah, in that case the only other setting that would make sense would be Korea or Germany, somewhere where there was a sharp division between the West and communism.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
10. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 19, 2012, 17:19 eunichron

Icewind wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 17:09:
Wrong. Spoken like a true neophyte within this hobby.

In Diablo 2 it was fairly easy to get that Corposemourn, that Angelic Raiment (My last trip through I hit level 85 with my barb and found 3 of them) and a few Grandfathers/Bul-kathos blades. You can easily get the gear you *need* by merely farming a boss for one night. A few hours of beating Baal on Nightmare or Mephisto on Hell and guess what? You have all you need.

The problem with D3 is it doesn't work that way. You need to peruse the auction house to get that gear. Hardwork isn't rewarded in the same way it was in D1 and 2.

Sit down, play these games for long periods of time and it'll make sense. Don't talk out of your ass.

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about, pull your head out of your ass and try reading with your eyes for once.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
2. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 19, 2012, 14:49 eunichron

Tumbler wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 14:45:
Building the game around the auction house was a bad idea. The earlier games were built around loot. In this game the loot you really want is in the auction house. The stuff you get in the game is largely trash that you need to turn into gold then go buy what you'd hope to see dropped in your game.

It's no fun to stop playing the game all the time to go browse the auction house for hours. And the whole multi day auction ala ebay...that is just laughably stupid.

In concept it was a fine idea. Diablo and Diablo 2 had a very large and healthy trade and barter community around them, including a black market for real money transactions. It's obvious to see how Blizzard would want to incorporate that into the game, both to capitalize on it and to protect users from the sometimes nefarious Diablo 2 real money market. It just didn't work out so well in practice.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2012, 12:37 eunichron

Prez wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 10:21:
I wonder if I should have put in a spoiler alert. Is it possible to 'spoil' the ending to a 37 year old movie?

I think the generally accepted statute of limitations for full movie spoilers is 5 years.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo