Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
17. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 23, 2011, 17:52 eunichron

That's a pretty weak sale. Hopefully Day 2 brings better choices.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Patch
4. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Patch Nov 23, 2011, 16:54 eunichron

Got a beta today as well, played a few rounds, very promising. Let's hope they keep with the good changes.

If you're wondering about the F2P model, it is very much like LoL's.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
5. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 21, 2011, 22:11 eunichron

nin wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 21:30:

Way to go, Beth!

Speculation is that it wasn't a Bethesda patch, but a Steam patch, specifically targeted at breaking LAA and launching the game sans Steam. So, way to go Valve... hopefully Bethesda does the right thing and (re)fixes it in the 1.2 patch.

News Comments > WoW Law Enforcement Guide Leaked?
6. Re: WoW Law Enforcement Guide Leaked? Nov 21, 2011, 19:38 eunichron

Would be more believable without the, non-Blizzard, cartoons spread throughout the document. But it does look fairly standard, and I guess I can't really see the reason why anyone would care about it being leaked... it's just 18 pages of Blizzard saying they'll do as much as they can to cooperate with law enforcement.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 20, 2011, 20:31 eunichron

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 19:28:
Mozilla to implement background updates in Firefox 10.

I can't wait until this time next year, when we're all running FF 27.

It would be nice if they stopped turning it into a bloated piece of shit with a new version number every time they change the button graphics. The only reason I stuck with Firefox for so long was the ease of use and effectiveness of AdBlock... but I switched to Chrome + edited hosts file about a year ago and haven't looked back.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta "Imminent"
17. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Nov 20, 2011, 15:52 eunichron

Bhruic wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 03:46:
Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 22:03:
Viranth wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 17:04:
No...

Everyone is playing COD or BF3 now.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Surely you don't think that posting Steam stats has any bearing on whether people are playing BF3?

As of this post, current players in each game (Steam stats for CS/MW3, BFstats.com for BF3), only PC versions.

BF3: 126,304
MW3: 18,568
CSS: 46,000

Just for kicks, Xbox 360 and PS3 stats for BF3. I couldn't find any console stats for MW3, but you can bet it is probably much more than the PC version.

BF3 PS3: 101,669
BF3 X360: 93,927

Take it as you will.

I stopped playing CS around 1.5, I played CS:S for a while and enjoyed it, but by that time I was already sold on BF games. CS:S and MW3 are more tactical, BF is more strategic. I think that is why CS:S and MW3 are chosen for pro leagues; MW3/CS:S are more reliant on individual skill rather than team skill.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2011, 16:01.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Anniversary Nears
3. Re: World of Warcraft Anniversary Nears Nov 19, 2011, 04:00 eunichron

Does seem like it's been longer than 7 years. My account was created on November 24, 2004. I've taken a few breaks here and there, but I think after 4.3 is done I'm done for good. Just too many great games, single player, multiplayer, and MMO alike, out now to continue wasting time on this tired old formula.  

News Comments > Splash Damage's Next Game "One of the Biggest American Pop Culture Brands"
28. Re: Splash Damage's Next Game Nov 17, 2011, 17:44 eunichron

MajorD wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 15:32:
Yes, you're right....wana hear that again? YOU ARE SO RIGHT! ;-)

Not necessary, but appreciated. Cheers

It is nice to see a developer admit they failed, rather than blame it on piracy or the community not "getting" their design intent, even if it was in a successfully limited manner like this press release.

News Comments > Splash Damage's Next Game "One of the Biggest American Pop Culture Brands"
23. Re: Splash Damage's Next Game Nov 17, 2011, 15:13 eunichron

MajorD wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 11:57:
You know Splash Damage from Brink, an online multiplayer shooter that saw limited success earlier in the year. But at a time when Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 are going head-to-head, it feels like the product of another age.

I don't think that is the reason at all, as it was released months before, but it still didn't help.

I don't think that was their implication (that it failed because of BF3/CoD release dates). I think he's just saying that Brink just couldn't live up to the style of games that CoD and BF3 are (CoD's cinematic experience, BF3's scope)... Brink is just years behind in terms of design and features to be able to compete with modern shooter design.

They probably would be better off having been split up. Brink will forever be a burning stain on this company's already lackluster profile.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
11. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 16, 2011, 23:51 eunichron

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 23:45:
Tanto Edge wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 22:12:
Bets on where the next one takes place?

Elsweyr.

Congrats to Bethesda. The game is well, well worth it, and I hope EA and Bioware fucking choke on these numbers.

The UI is a piece of shit, sadly, but oh well. The rest of the game is fantastic. I'd have a really hard time choosing between Skyrim and DE:HR for game of the year...

Creston

My friend was hoping that it would go back in time to the height of the Dwemer. I thought that would be cool as fuck.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 16, 2011, 14:43 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:52:
I would just as readily pick up a weapon and stand to post as easily as they would.

Congratulations, that just negated your entire argument. This "moral responsibility" you speak of is entirely subjective, as morality itself is subjective. Those are axiomatic differences that you can never change.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
16. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Nov 15, 2011, 16:39 eunichron

I get maybe 1 or 2 CTDs a night on my 5870 on the 11.10s, annoying but hardly rage worthy. Just installed the 11.11s, if they're worse I kept the 11.10s available.  

News Comments > 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim
39. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 13, 2011, 02:37 eunichron

Jerykk wrote on Nov 13, 2011, 01:32:
I don't know why they keep saying "If your rig is up to the game". If it can run on the XBox 360, it should run on your computer if you've upgraded it in the last 10 years.

Unless you have an ATI card. My 4870x2 can manhandle just about any console port out there, including Oblivion and FO3, but it's struggling to get 60 FPS in Skyrim. Ultra shadows alone drops my framerate by about 70%.

Really? I'm running a single 5870 at 1080p, everything as high as it can go, plus the Reddit tweaks, and mine is pegged at 60 (only because the vsync tweak seems to not be working). I have yet to see it dip below 60, even with many mobs on the screen in the middle of a city, and tons of effects/action going on.

Or are the 4870s really just that bad?

Also, just completed the Meridia questline. If you haven't done it check out Dragontooth Crater and you should find the Gem of Meridia in a chest there. It's a damn awesome quest that gives a pretty amazing 1h sword as a reward.

28. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 23:33 eunichron

Bhruic wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 23:09:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 20:33:
have killed two dragons in total, wandered around a bit, and have played nearly 16hrs so far. And I'm only level 5...ah yeah.

Really? You can kill dragons at level 5? That's a bit disappointing.

It depends. There are standard, unnamed, dragons that are pretty easy to kill. Some of the named ones are quite a bit more difficult. What I don't like about them is they rely almost entirely on their breaths, once they land they stop attacking entirely and give you some free hits before taking off again. Would be nice to see them engage in ground/melee combat to make them even more of a challenge.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans
21. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Nov 12, 2011, 19:42 eunichron

tuddies wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 17:25:
CommunistHamster wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 16:47:
Just make the game with everything unlocked from the start, avoids stat whoring like this, creates a level playing field and destroys the cheap pavlovian impulse to continue playing - oh wait, that last one is important to gloss over gameplay flaws.

No way! Stats are half the fun! Just ignore the cheaters and keep plugging away!

The problem with that is that cheaters can ruin your stats. My k/d ratio tanked because I was in a game where someone was headshotting people at the Docks point from the US spawn on Kharg Island with an M249. Of course, I could have just left the server, but my usual reaction when I encounter a cheater is to play until I've killed them a few times. However, some of the sophistication of cheats/hacks these days makes killing them nigh impossible.

8. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 19:19 eunichron

Scud wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 19:14:
I'm pretty sure you can find spellbooks, I found one in my inventory that I hadn't noticed right away.

Indeed, spell books are littered throughout the dungeons, along with scrolls. I've found 4 or 5 books and numerous scrolls so far.

4. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 18:47 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 18:39:
I don't mind so much that the horses are psycho. I do mind that when you're fighting they run away...like far, far away and you're looking around after trying to find the bastard. Plus the animation for it is just so horrible. They should have licensed RDR's horses as they're the best in any game ever. And the whistle to summon you mount rocked too.

Check this out! Somone made Arnie/Conan. Heh

Get to the choppa!

I've noticed the horses tend to travel back to wherever you got (or stole) them from. Early on I had taken one from the Whiterun Stormcloak Camp, and it left during a fight... sure enough I found it walking back to the Stormcloak Camp.

14 hours logged and just now breaking the surface of the main questline.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Stress Test This Month
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Stress Test This Month Nov 12, 2011, 01:26 eunichron

I got the invitation e-mail, but there was no key or link (other than to the NDA) in it. I double checked to make sure it wasn't a scam, and then I saw this post. It sounds like they're planning this in a few weeks, and are just sending out invites ahead of time to give people a heads up.  

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
123. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 23:01 eunichron

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 22:52:
Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 22:38:
They've really dumbed down the game for broader audience appeal unfortunately. The flavour is still great but this is very much RPG-lite.

How so? Compared to Morrowind or Baldur's Gate, sure, but compared to Oblivion or Fallout 3? No.

The perks mean actual character choice and defining. There are actually choices to make in the game now, with opposed factions and moral decisions. Also the two-hand mix system means more dynamic weapon choice and tactical options.

Compared to Oblivion this sucker is an 80's RPG where you have to draw maps.

Indeed. There's just so much to do and explore around the world, I don't see how it can be considered "RPG Lite." Just because it doesn't require a spreadsheet and 500 page manual doesn't mean it's dumbed down.

I've always preferred skill based systems, as opposed to standard level based systems, so I'm loving it. The UI may be a little dumbed down, I don't particularly like the inventory and vendor design, but the game and world itself are amazing.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
103. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 17:39 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 17:03:
Crustacean Soup wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 15:14:
Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 14:51:
Anyone know how to dual wield with favourites? You can do it with spells, but I can't dual wield weapons without having to go into my inventory and doing it and it's frustrating.

With the pad, it's the same as in the inventory. Left-trigger on one weapon, right-trigger on the other.

Ahh I figureed it out. It seems to be a bug that you can't do it with 2 items of the same name but different items work fine. And destruction is good, particularly flame vs. undead.

You can do it with 2 items of the same name. I've been dual wielding the same axes since Bleak Falls Barrow. It's the same as Crustacean said, just equip one with RT, then hit LT again to equip the other.

If done successfully it should say "LR" next to the item.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2011, 17:47.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo