Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong?
1. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 13:54 eunichron

Welp, better get it fixed quick, because this really could be the end of PC gaming if it doesn't.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard to Korea: Diablo III "Is Nearing"
22. Re: Blizzard to Korea: Diablo III Jan 23, 2012, 17:00 eunichron

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 16:38:
eunichron wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 14:37:
Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 13:10:
Something tells me that Jay Wilson made that announcement before they decided to rework major, major portions of their game. Knowing Blizzard, they'll want to test all these further streamlinings before releasing, so I wouldn't expect it for at least another six months.

Creston

Actually, knowing Blizzard, they probably made these changes months ago and just didn't tell anyone until now. They may be closer to release than we think.

That's possible, though people in the beta would have noticed, you'd think?

Creston

I've been in every Blizzard beta since WC3, and my experience has been that even their beta patches are weeks, sometimes up to a month, behind the developer build. Almost every beta they've had has gone through a major overhaul right before release, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they made those changes some time ago and just got around to patching them into the beta now.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 This Year, Beta Expanding Soon
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 This Year, Beta Expanding Soon Jan 23, 2012, 14:48 eunichron

If they can make it work, it will be great. I played GW1 up to the Nightfall expansion and the only things I did not like were the instanced world, and the PvP focus (though I hear the Eye of the North expansion greatly expanded PvE), both of which look to be fixed for GW2.

The dynamic content leveling idea is neat, but my greatest fear is that it will be one of those, "I'm max level, now what?" deals.

News Comments > Blizzard to Korea: Diablo III "Is Nearing"
19. Re: Blizzard to Korea: Diablo III Jan 23, 2012, 14:37 eunichron

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 13:10:
Something tells me that Jay Wilson made that announcement before they decided to rework major, major portions of their game. Knowing Blizzard, they'll want to test all these further streamlinings before releasing, so I wouldn't expect it for at least another six months.

Creston

Actually, knowing Blizzard, they probably made these changes months ago and just didn't tell anyone until now. They may be closer to release than we think.

News Comments > Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs
5. Re: Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs Jan 20, 2012, 23:03 eunichron

Given the recent announcement of changes I wonder if he left because he was unhappy with Blizzard or if Blizzard was unhappy with him. Either way it doesn't bode well.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
144. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 22:34 eunichron

Alamar wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 22:24:
So hey, since this thread has been off topic for like 50-140 posts, I would like to ask for some advice...

I constantly see that the i5-2500K CPU is suggested, because of price/performance ratio, so my question, which may seem obvious, is that if the price differences are now (and especially for me) negligible between the above and the i7-2600K, I should get the higher one, correct? And if the higher models, which I forget the model #'s are, are also negligible increases in cost, are they worth it?

And... I'm looking at putting a new system together based on the chip chosen above, and wanted to get some opinions on appropriate motherboards. I saw some suggestions when I was searching the other day, but most of them had 2-3 PCIe slots, and I wasn't planning on any multi-GFX card setup (and if I do in the future, it'd likely be a year+ away, for a new PC, with a new mobo with that feature as needed).

Oh and I'm asking, because I want to make SWTOR look prettier... <- on topic ; )

-Alamar

I'd probably just go with the i7, but I currently have an i7 950 in my rig, and I'll probably just wait and upgrade to an i7 39xx.

Also, http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2 is an amazing tool for just this dilemma.

140. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 22:12 eunichron

Prez wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 22:02:
Wow- this thread took off all of a sudden.

Some observations:

There's a reason that Blue's descriptor for a person with a low post count is "suspect". There's double the reason to be suspicious when said suspect's few posts are belittling others for not liking game 'A' or saying something negative about game 'B'. You suspects know who you are; no reason to name names.

The only thing that having a high post count tells about a person is that they like coming to a particular forum and spend a lot of time discussing things there. I never got the whole "says the guy with 80 million posts" silliness. What does that even mean?

Finally, if your first entry in a thread is to say " good riddance" to others explaining why they are quitting a game and to call everyone "amoebas", AND you are one of the aforementioned "suspects", don't expect to be welcomed with open arms. We'd love to have some new blood around here, but if you come across as a close-minded belligerent shill, I doubt most people are going to be too interested in what you have to say.

Says the guy with 8500 posts.

Beatnik

97. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 20:22 eunichron

Alamar wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:18:
I wish I could access a global /played command for WoW and see how much time I played it... I bet it'd be over a year... And I would be proud of that... Or at least 95% of it... I left it running for entire days as an IM client at times, just for guild chat.. But outside of that, if I didn't want to play, I didn't HAVE TO PLAY... So time /played just means time /enjoyed... And what is embarassing about enjoying your time?

-Alamar

Pretty much. I don't see the point in lambasting someone for playing a game they enjoy. I'm sure I have over a year of time played in WoW over multiple characters as well, and I have enjoyed almost every second of it... if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't play it.

93. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 20:17 eunichron

Pyloff wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:03:
eunichron wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 19:35:
Ah, so that's it. Reporting bugs and issues to customer service is complaining now. Now it all makes sense.

Exactly. You play a video game day by day. You complain to anyone who will listen you get now give me a minute to figure this out... 30/16.

Totally worth it. All that belly aching and crying got you a dollar. Yet you spent how much time playing it. I see a 6 month sub in there. I would bet you have over a year of time played. A year solid, which you are embarrassed to announce Yet you don't sing the praises. You still complain and whine incessantly. Where the hell is your mind.

I'm tired of all the self entitled MMO players who live on a different reality than I do. I agree with tits.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how you've figured out my life's history and personality for the last 7 years from my WoW account history... that's some real ESP shit right there, you should have your own television show.

The only point ("complaint") I made in this thread is that I think it is sad that MMOs are held to a lower standard than other games at release simply because they're MMOs.

82. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 19:35 eunichron

Pyloff wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 19:29:
eunichron wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 19:25:
Congrats, you played the game less than I did.

And where, exactly, was I complaining?

You had more free days than I. I.E. you complained.

Ah, so that's it. Reporting bugs and issues to customer service is complaining now. Now it all makes sense.

79. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 19:25 eunichron

Pyloff wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 19:05:
eunichron wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 18:39:
I actually just had this same discussion with someone in game in SW:TOR, and he asked me to take a screenshot of my account history as proof, and well, I guess I'll share it here too: http://i.imgur.com/HwklX.jpg That is 20 days of credited game time in the game's first three months, and it wasn't just because Blizzard is nice and likes to hand out things for free.

You just made my point. Your life revolves around the game and you complain too much. http://i.imgur.com/eJey6.jpg

Congrats, you played the game less than I did.

And where, exactly, was I complaining? My point was to prove that WoW's launch wasn't just server queue issues, which your account history also shows. They don't just hand out free game time for server queues.

72. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 18:39 eunichron

Pyloff wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 17:20:
Drezden wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 17:09:
They weren't ready for the sheer numbers of people who were interested in the game, and took no measures to prevent hordes of people from sending servers offline for days at a time. Can't say I've seen one worse.

It actually wasn't that bad. The first day or two they had massive queues and they made new servers on day 3 IIRC. Everyone had a fit because they couldn't play on the server they wanted instead of moving. So the queues continued and everyone who was smart picked a new server.

I haven't tried this MMO; Darkfall ruined the genre for me. However, I might check out the forums to watch the rage build. It is always good for a laugh to see the same people who cycle through every MMO on the forums complaining incessantly. I've found a large portion of the MMO players devote every spare hour to racing to the level cap and alternately bellyaching on any outlet they can find. What is it about these type of games that cause people to get so heated and emotional about? I admit I've fallen victim to it a few times, mostly I've been a fly on the wall.

WoW's launch was abysmal. Aside from the server issues (which really was that they underestimated interest in the game) there were bugs galore. I ended up with a little over a month of credited game time because of all the down time they were experiencing. Anyone who says WoW's launch was fine obviously didn't play in the first 2-3 months.

I actually just had this same discussion with someone in game in SW:TOR, and he asked me to take a screenshot of my account history as proof, and well, I guess I'll share it here too: http://i.imgur.com/HwklX.jpg That is 20 days of credited game time in the game's first three months, and it wasn't just because Blizzard is nice and likes to hand out things for free.

23. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 16:44 eunichron

Drezden wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 16:30:
Most of the complaints in general chat are about minor bullshit that might I remind you. EVERY MAJOR MMO has gone through.

And the only reason it is acceptable is because players like you allow it. Why did "good enough" become the standard for MMOs?

Mind you, I like SW:TOR. I'm enjoying it very much, most of the bugs I have encountered do not make the game unplayable, but it obviously needed more time in testing and development. They would have been much better off waiting for a Summer '12 release, and including the 1.1 content at launch, rather than releasing it when they did and in the state that they did.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch
21. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch Jan 19, 2012, 14:44 eunichron

Jdrez wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 14:21:
Sempai wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 10:42:
This steamy pile of excrement needed another year in the oven but of course they just had to get it out before Christmas.

Have you ever played an mmorpg before? No MMO in history has had as stable a launch, or as much content at launch. Not even WoW.

Your sense of spoiled entitlement is frigging incredible.

Actually, Rift was more stable, had less bugs, and just as much, if not more content at launch.

WoW's launch (yes I played WoW at launch) was awful. I don't think I even paid for my first 4 months of the game because of the free game time they were crediting everyone.

SWTOR by comparison is a decent launch, but there are still a lot quality of life bugs and missing features that were ubiquitous in beta that they never fixed. It is very obvious that their beta testing program was poor (they had a very very small number of regular testers) and that they pushed the game out the doors betting that people would forgive them because "it's an MMO, it's supposed to be broken at launch!"

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2012, 14:52.

News Comments > Star Trek Online F2P Begins
16. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 18, 2012, 03:43 eunichron

I never understood the F2P model for MMOs. It works for games like Tribes: Ascend and the various MOBA games because the player is not barred from content, it just takes more time investment if you choose not to pay. The MMORPG F2P model, however, basically gives you a crippled game that forces you to pay if you want to experience anything beyond a basic trial. Until someone thinks of a better model for MMOs, one that is profitable and doesn't give players 1/4 of the experience, "F2P" in this genre will always be synonymous with failure.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Wozniak prefers Android. Jan 17, 2012, 22:53 eunichron

Well, the title is a bit misleading (in today's journalism? who'da thunkit), what he said is that he wishes his iPhone had all the same features and capabilities of Android based phones, he still uses an iPhone.

Of course it is understandable that iPhones would lag behind when there are new Android phones being released from multiple manufacturers on a nearly monthly basis, rather than iPhone's yearly schedule from a single company.

News Comments > The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed
25. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 17:08 eunichron

Brataccas wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 16:48:
Whereas WoW feels like a world to me, Swtor feels like a series of connected rooms.

This is really my only complaint about the game, but when you think about it, it is difficult to make a Star Wars game world that is fluid. It is easier in games like WoW and Rift because you are essentially dealing with a single planet, so you can design the game world with some commonality between zones. For a game that takes place in space, across multiple planets, it's much harder to create a streamlined game world that flows from one zone to the next. The only way around it, I think, would have been to have SWTOR take place on a single, or at least fewer planets (for instance having Coruscant and Dromund Kaas being the faction starting zones, and having Corellia being the primary, massive, game world), and adding more with expansions.

As it is the game isn't much different from what is out. No, it is not a WoW clone, but it is an MMO and as such will have things in common with genre standards. What it is is a fresh and new setting, and it is done well. As long as they keep on top of the bugs and improvements I think it will be around for a while.

News Comments > Ubi DRM Thwarts Review
36. Re: Ubi DRM Thwarts Review Jan 16, 2012, 19:15 eunichron

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 18:53:
What's the point of that? Just to increase the piracy numbers to prove a point?

Pretty much. Ubi has been screwing over paying customers for years now with their rootkit DRM, and now this situation with Anno 2070 is just ridiculous. Hit them in their pocket books, show them that no matter how invasive and extraneous their DRM is, it still won't stop their games from being pirated.

They've already made insinuations that they're going to leave the PC industry, why not help them out the door?

News Comments > Ubi DRM Thwarts Review
28. Re: Ubi DRM Thwarts Review Jan 16, 2012, 17:10 eunichron

You know, I don't support piracy, but I'm going to pirate Anno 2070 just to spite Ubi. I'm not even going to play it.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes
7. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes Jan 13, 2012, 21:28 eunichron

It is fairly obvious now that the game is on the back burner while they push out Diablo 3, Heart of the Swarm, and their next MMO (Titan). Of course it will never "die," but with their subs dwindling for the last year, SW:TOR rising in subs, and GW2 on the horizon, it won't be long before it is finally dethroned.  

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo