Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Live
10. Re: Battle.net Balance Live Feb 7, 2012, 13:35 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 13:18:
KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 11:53:
Do they still block people in different regions from playing with each other for games like their starcraft 2 ? lol if so bye

Players should be able to choose if they want to play region locked or not for any online game. I love the idea of not having to deal with gold farmers and hackers from eastern europe and asia.

Not only that, but SC2 is still P2P hosted (as is every multiplayer RTS game), and it sucks having to deal with players from other regions joining and slowing down your game. It still happens with people with shitty internet in SC2, and I've run into a few Germans on the NA region, but for the most part it's a much better experience than SC/BW or WC3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 6, 2012, 00:46 eunichron

Shok wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 16:21:
IANAL though....

UANAL?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 5, 2012, 22:03 eunichron

Space Marine was a steal when I got it for free as a gift. Some good mindless action, I still don't know if I'd pay $16 for it though.

Did they ever end up releasing the free co-op DLC? Might have to reboot it if they did.

News Comments > Morning Previews
10. Re: Morning Previews Feb 2, 2012, 17:05 eunichron

I got one last night as well. Seems to be a stress test as the server is being hammered. I'm averaging about 250ms, and it randomly jumps up to 600ms+ (I've reached a record 1800ms). I would not be surprised for a March or April release.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Changes
26. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 15:22 eunichron

Krovven wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 15:01:
Esoteric wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 14:46:
"Playing: ...MW3"

/facepalm

For never having played the game and not knowing anything about it, you certainly have a lot of unjustified criticism.

Paying $45 for in-game currency and to level up faster in a Beta stands for just about everything wrong with gaming these days. Considering the amount of people on Blues that abhor nickel and dime DLC, Pay To Win, Subscriptions, etc it's pretty sad that anyone finds this acceptable.

MW3, I got it on sale and rarely play it, I have never bought their DLC and certainly will never buy into that Elite garbage. I payed less for the full game than Roach has for P2W crap in the TA Beta. Imagine how much the suckers will pay over the duration of time they play Tribes Ascend.

The game is most certainly not Pay2Win. The model is set up exactly like LoL, where everything can be unlocked just by playing, albeit with some time investment. But the bottom line is that paying players do not have access to anything that those who choose not to pay don't, and as has already been said, those that do pay during the beta will get to keep their accounts and progression, or be refunded for anything that is removed.

News Comments > RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans
8. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 16:40 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 16:27:
Have they released any real new content since launch? In a year they've put forth what? A few raid bosses and one dungeon? Not a lot of bang for your buck I'd say.

Actually they've added 3 raid instances with multiple bosses (River of Souls, Hammerknell Fortress, Gilded Prophecy). There are 10 dungeons that they continually update to be more challenging with Expert and Master modes, and unlike WoW/SWTOR the instances actually change when you switch difficulties, with more bosses and new areas opened up. There are multiple raid and dungeon sized Rifts that are puggable.

It's a lot of bang for your buck.

News Comments > RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans
5. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 1, 2012, 14:58 eunichron

I've actually enjoyed Rift more than I have any other recent MMO, I just made the mistake of rolling a Warrior, which is plagued with balance and design issues. My sub ran out months ago, but maybe I'll use this as an excuse to level up a different class.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Feb 1, 2012, 01:35 eunichron

It would make it almost too obvious which games to buy because, like movies, bigger budgets typically mean better products.

This has to be one of the most asinine statements I've read as of late. Nowhere, in any entertainment industry, has it been true that more $$ = better product.

News Comments > BF3 Patch Plans Summary
18. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 17:20 eunichron

RailWizard wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 15:45:
A camper would say it's useless, and there are plenty of them in BF3. That said, I almost never use it either, but I still like it when others do.

Maybe not useless, but there are more useful squad perks, especially given how small some of the maps are. I use it occasionally on Kharg Island or Op Firestorm, but that's about it. Given the ubiquity of M320s, SMAW/RPGs, and frags, I would still use Flak Vest over it in most situations.

Also, I love it when people complain about camping as if it's not a valid strategy, and no, I'm not a camper.

It can be crucial in certain maps, like Metro, as the side that reaches the middle flag first usually wins.

M320 Smoke makes capping B from the opposing team a joke.

8. Soflams should NOT help a Javelin strike at any air vehicle, they can't in real life anyways.

Actually they can. A Javelin can fire at anything it can lock onto, which is whatever is programmed into the CLU.

News Comments > BF3 Patch Plans Summary
12. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 14:48 eunichron

Shataan wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 14:12:
"so much rank and weapons perks that a newcomer will stand no chance at all in the game"

I have always thought the overbalancing of weaps and the addition of perks did more to unbalance the game because of the reasons you state. Early on I found that I just couldn`t seem to evade fast enough. But others seemed to run way faster than me.

It took my son to get me to realize I had a speed perk. A speed perk? WTF is up with that?????? Who`d have thought that this is they kinda game crap we`d eventually have to endure from the devs????? Now we gotta sift thru all this crap and balance our Perk usage.

Except no one actually uses the speed perk unless you are on a new account and it's the only one you have. Extra ammo/cover/flak vest/extra explosives is a much bigger advantage.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Ron Paul seeks to unmask YouTube user who uploaded offensive Huntsman ad. Post Comment Jan 30, 2012, 15:43 eunichron

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 15:32:
Do you honestly think that just taking away the government's ability to do ANYTHING will solve the problem more?

You completely missed the point. That's not what any Libertarian is advocating, that would be anarchism. What government should be doing, and already has the capability to do, is enforcing the law.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Ron Paul seeks to unmask YouTube user who uploaded offensive Huntsman ad. Post Comment Jan 30, 2012, 15:27 eunichron

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 14:02:
you know about your examples because the government was involved. What happens if the government isn't? Won't Mattel do exactly what it wanted the government to allow it to do? Why wouldn't it? What could possibly stop it?

The corporations get prosecuted and convicted for fraud, embezzlement, ethics abuse... or you know, any other of the multitude of crimes that corporations have committed but don't get prosecuted for. The government just slaps them on the wrist and passes a couple more regulations that make it safer for them to continue practicing their crime, makes the representative's pockets fatter, and makes the ignorant public complacent. Or in an even more ridiculous move the government gives them billions of our tax dollars to keep them afloat instead of throwing those pricks asses in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

Do you honestly think that more, or smarter, regulation is going to fix anything when our representatives are bought out by the same corporations that they're supposedly regulating?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 29, 2012, 22:44 eunichron

Here in Wisconsin we pride ourselves on thinking up new and different ways to waste our government's money.  

News Comments > Maxis' AAA Game Plans
9. Re: Maxis' AAA Game Plans Jan 29, 2012, 16:09 eunichron

How about a SimCity game without all the stupid Sims tie-ins? I'd even take a direct port of Sim City 2000, maybe using Frostbite 2 for some awesome destruction action?  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 27, 2012, 17:05 eunichron

There already is a massive effort from libraries across the world to digitize historical documents. The biggest issue is copying the original documents without damaging them, or exposing them to processes that might have a negative effect on their original medium. The issue now isn't, "We need to preserve these documents!" it's making them public so that one doesn't require the credentials to access the academic databases.

I never would have been able to complete my senior History capstone if it weren't for Oxford's digital library. But, I am what is known as a document fetishist, and there is something just downright sexy about paging through a 150 year old census book in the backroom of a special collections library while wearing white gloves . We need to preserve the original documents just as much as they need to be digitized and made public domain.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 26, 2012, 19:29 eunichron

I'd have to say having a smartphone and a tablet is a bit redundant, since every app that you can get on an iPhone/Android phone is available on tablets anyway. I have contemplated dumping my Droid X for a touchscreen dumbphone and picking up an Android tablet, since the tablet will be better for web browsing and games, and the dumbphones are just as capable for quick access things like calendar, daily planner, etc.  

News Comments > RIFT Mobile for Android
4. Re: RIFT Mobile for Android Jan 26, 2012, 14:47 eunichron

Panickd wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 14:26:
The tagline should be" "Now you can take your timesink with you wherever you go!"

Seriously why hasn't Blizzard rolled out something like this already? Productivity would just crater!

Blizzard has had a mobile app for a while now, don't remember when exactly because I never used it because Blizzard charges monthly for it, and all it grants you is guild chat and some auction house and armory functionality.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Expands This Fall
20. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Expands This Fall Jan 25, 2012, 19:18 eunichron

space captain wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 19:04:
eunichron wrote on Jan 25, 2012, 15:28:
As I was playing SW:TOR over the weekend I had a slight epiphany and I realized how tired I was of this system.

had that "epiphany" back in 1999, during EQ1

better late than never i guess

I claim willing suspension of disbelief and self-denial to be the culprit.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Expands This Fall
14. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Expands This Fall Jan 25, 2012, 15:28 eunichron

"Grinding" is a part of MMOs. That is how you keep people playing, requiring X amount of time to receive Y reward. The newer MMOs have hidden it well by calling them "dailies" or "weeklies," but the purpose and effect is the same as grinding NPCs in Everquest.

I think it is time this is changed. As I was playing SW:TOR over the weekend I had a slight epiphany and I realized how tired I was of this system. What kept me playing WoW originally was that I didn't mind the grinding, because at the end I knew there was going to be a great reward and some epic encounter... and it isn't like that anymore. Now you insert a coin (minimal effort) into the slot and receive an instant award (gear/levels/credits). No fanfare, no "epic" encounter, no feeling of accomplishment, just hamsters pushing a button to get fed and getting fat for no purpose. This is the system that all MMOs have adopted since WoW perfected it.

I hope GW2 can fix that, but I'm remaining cynical about it.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong?
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong? Jan 24, 2012, 14:00 eunichron

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 13:55:
eunichron wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 13:54:
Welp, better get it fixed quick, because this really could be the end of PC gaming if it doesn't.

Even taken as sarcasm that's a strange reply.

It wasn't sarcastic at all. If you read all the articles there are certain cheaters out there actively working to get innocent GGC-stream and PBBans GUIDs permanently banned, and as far as GGC-Stream and PBBans admins are concerned they look totally legit and can't be appealed.

If everyone is banned, then there is no one left to play the game.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo