Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Tease
21. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 01:50 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 01:40:
eunichron wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 23:47:
I got so excited I punched my cat.

I hope that's a euphemism for having sex with your woman or I'm calling the SPCA!!!

It should be highly illegal to tease like this with something as important as Baldur's Gate!
Techie714 wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 00:54:
eunichron wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 23:47:

LOL sad kitty =(

Hey, he knows the risks sitting on my lap while I'm reading Blue's. But, for safety reasons, I ought to keep my bedroom door closed tonight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Tease
16. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 28, 2012, 23:47 eunichron

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2012, 17:38 eunichron

"... You can't be like pancakes... all exciting at first, but then by the end you're fuckin' sick of em." - Mitch Hedberg  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Info Extravaganza
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Info Extravaganza Feb 27, 2012, 19:52 eunichron

Goon Squad still exists, or rather, SA still exists?

I think the last time I saw them in any sort of concerted effort was at WoW's launch.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 27, 2012, 01:58 eunichron

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 00:51:
They are not fired because once fired you have suddenly a 3 year hole of no police men, the training to become one takes way too long, has way too high drop-out rate and the job pays like crap and is thankless to boot.

I know you're not from the states, but I can't remember exactly where now... but here in the states going through the academy, or getting a criminal justice degree, doesn't guarantee you a job on the force. There are plenty of people qualified to be officers that are waiting on openings, and the openings actually fill pretty quickly for that reason. I had two friends myself that were waiting for openings, one of them said fuck it and became a fireman instead, the other is working seasonal jobs until a slot opens at his PD of choice.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Whatever happened to Google Chrome OS? Feb 26, 2012, 22:46 eunichron

Smartphones and tablets happened. Do people even use netbooks anymore? Why bother getting a netbook when I can get an Android or iPad tablet with as much, if not more, functionality as a ChromeOS netbook?  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
42. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 22:41 eunichron

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 20:15:
Then the devs are severely missing the desires of a large part of their audience. TONS of players race to the top level, and want to see epic content and do epic things.. this is nothing new. More recently, there was Rift. It had zone events, expert rifts, raid rifts, Greenscale Raid.. world open pvp in a constantly contested zone, the various puzzles, a MUCH better AH that SWTOR, a much more varied skill tree. It had less money thrown at it than SWTOR.. yet I found myself playing Rift a TON more and for longer than I have SWTOR. I also believe that Rift introduced 1 and 2-man dungeons.. citing people not having anything to do at max level (raiding was out of their scope).. but they still wanted to play. What's there to do at 50 in SWTOR if I don't raid? umm.. world events? zone events? 1/2 man dungeons? There is PvP.. and it stinks for the most part.

Indeed. It is quite sad that Rift never really took off. I guess it's popular enough, but people put so much faith in WoW and SW IPs that they never stuck with it. Rift implemented some truly awesome mechanics. The only reason I quit playing was that I played a warrior, which suffers from some severe design issues, which at the time the devs refused to acknowledge or fix (AFAIK they still haven't fixed them, but I haven't played in several months), and I was just too lazy to level up another character to max level... although the other classes that I did play were very much enjoyable. I think it was a perfect example of a game not trying to break the mold, but offered enough to not be the same old trite formula.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 26, 2012, 14:55 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2012, 13:00:
There must be some really desperate and lonely cops because she isn't hot in the least. I probably wouldn't even spare her a second glance. Working downtown the sheer volume of actual really hot women I see and meet on a daily basis has inured me to anything less. These sort of articles almost always dissapoint.

You'll enjoy this one then; Possibly NSFW, but it's the weekend, what are you doing at work still?

I saw that article the first time last Friday, and I still haven't read it.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 14:44 eunichron

The game was fun for me at first, but the veneer wore off very quickly. The leveling experience is great, though what they don't tell you is that the "fully" voiced over quests still contain canned responses, and are nothing more than glorified, "Deliver X/Kill X number of Y/Collect X for me," quests.

I had played with my original WoW guild, and most of us hit 50 in the first 2-3 weeks of launch. Level 50 was entirely made up of doing dailies, and attempting to run dungeons that were so buggy that half the time we couldn't complete them, and if we did complete them getting loot was a crapshoot. PvP was dull and boring, Crew Skills (except for Biochem) were rendered entirely useless as soon as you started doing warzones, hard mode flashpoints and operations. The flashpoints and operations were extremely easy, and virtually no difference between normal/hard/nightmare mode other than the bosses had more hp and did more damage. I rationalized paying for one month by convincing myself that they would fix everything, that every MMO has issues at launch, etc. My guild finished hard modes within the first 6 weeks of launch, including the new bosses added in the first content patch. I stopped logging in after 7 weeks.

All in all, the game was a nice distraction, but it doesn't have legs. I know Ohlen has come out and said that it was not their intent to revolutionize the MMO genre, but only to build a solid MMO game. It has turned out to do neither, it is merely a single player game with an end-game that acts as an homage to MMOs. To quote Cutter, "F2P in 6 months."

News Comments > 1M Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups
7. Re: 1M Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 25, 2012, 21:17 eunichron

Calwen wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 17:48:
I think that's one of the big reasons they did the system scan: to help prevent people from improving their lottery chances via alternate emails. However, for those of us with multiple computers...

Indeed, but I definitely know a couple people who signed up using multiple laptops from different WiFis.

Sneaky bastards.

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
1. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 24, 2012, 21:01 eunichron

At least they have a sense of humor about it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2012, 18:54 eunichron

All I know is that corporations aren't working for us, government isn't working for us. No one is working for us.

Time to burn it all down and start from scratch.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
63. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 15:22 eunichron

The game is in pretty good shape as far as the beta. They've improved a lot since the early versions.

I still wish they would give us some premade characters to test Nightmare/Hell/Inferno modes though.

News Comments > Blizzard's Free-to-Play Plans?
12. Re: Blizzard's Free-to-Play Plans? Feb 24, 2012, 00:44 eunichron

MattyC wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 23:41:
From the SC2 page it looks like it is still very much a SC2 mod. That said, Blizzard isn't the swiftest to update its sites, so who knows.

Yeah, true enough, but I did some searching and found this; Blizzard DOTA rumor

Just a rumor, I guess, but it seems like a fairly solid rumor.

News Comments > Blizzard's Free-to-Play Plans?
9. Re: Blizzard's Free-to-Play Plans? Feb 23, 2012, 23:15 eunichron

Yakubs wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 22:17:
that rate of attrition, btw, has slowed considerably in the last quarter)

I'm sure that has absolutely nothing to do with the 1 year free Diablo 3 subscription plan they offered in that quarter. Mean

Didn't they just announce that Blizzard DOTA will be a standalone game, rather than an SC2 mod? Makes total sense that that would be the candidate then.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 23, 2012, 20:26 eunichron

Bought Serious Sam 3: BFE for $13. Couldn't pass it up at that deal.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 22, 2012, 22:37 eunichron

Saboth wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 20:30:
"Origin unleashes". I'll never understand how companies will sue others at the drop of a hat for product or company names that sound similar, but now in the gaming industry, we have 2 Origins. EA Origin and Origin PC. How is it not confusing to have those named the same thing in the same industry?

I guess that depends on the point of view as "industry." They might both be part of the "technology" industry, but one makes computers, the other sells video games. I imagine that makes a world of difference in patent law.

Considering what some people pay for their MacBooks, $3,000 isn't all that bad for what looks like a pretty damn high end machine.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups
28. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 17:59 eunichron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 17:43:
Alamar wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 17:13:
Also, Arena net finally admitted years later (too lazy to look up the source) that it wasn't an MMO : )
I have the Guild Wars cases right in front of me and nowhere does it claim to be an MMO. People may have compared it to an MMO but that wasn't an official position and that was clear from the beginning.

I decided to check out my collector's edition box, and indeed, it is labeled as a, "competitive online RPG."

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups
18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 15:25 eunichron

Well, with WoW on its last legs (for me anyway, I realize the game is still popular), and SW:TOR falling short, this is my last hope for MMOs. I'm sure it won't suck, but let's hope they can deliver on their promises.  

News Comments > Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games
63. Re: Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games Feb 20, 2012, 18:42 eunichron

Bhruic wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 17:40:
Newell and his PR masters don't want to admit that the HL story hinges on one person

You have to be joking. I've seen 6 year olds come up with a better story than HL has.

Yes, ok, slight exaggeration, but not that large a one. The HL story is very rudimentary, and anyone who's even half-competent would be able to come up with something plausible.

It's a typical, bland, trite, "Scientist screws up experiment and becomes the unintentional hero," stories. The only thing that HL did better than its predecessors was the way in which the story was presented.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo