Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
65. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 21:24 eunichron

nin wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 21:08:
Well, it won't take my card, either. Instantly says error processing request. eunichron, did you ever get a card to work?

edit: My god! It worked in IE and not FF! It's like Cutter is the second coming!

No, I never did get it to take my card. I just let it go through with PayPal when that worked. I never did try another browser though (using Chrome, btw).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

62. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 20:50 eunichron

NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:43:
Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:30:
I've never had a problem because I actually know what I'm doing. Same way I've never needed anti-virus software and I've never had a virus. Most people that rag on IE do because it's cool to rag on MS. I have no use for that sort of hipster douchebag mentality.

Did I cross into the alternate universe? Finding out Cutter uses IE8 is like finding out that Rick Santorum frequents gay BDSM clubs.

Except that given the history of certain GOP members, that wouldn't actually surprise me to learn that about Santorum.

News Comments > Diablo III Barbarian Video
2. Re: Diablo III Barbarian Video Apr 10, 2012, 20:36 eunichron

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 20:27:
With what little skills you get to play within the beta, the Warrior is really fun and the sound effects give it a really raw and over powering sensation when you land a hit.

Definitely going to be my first character.

Barbarian and Demon Hunter are easily my most 2 played classes in the beta, but I think I'm going with a Demon Hunter for my first play through. Something about slaughtering demons while dual wielding hand crossbows and wearing stripper boots just speaks to me.

News Comments > Game of Thrones: The Game Details
1. Re: Game of Thrones: The Game Details Apr 10, 2012, 20:06 eunichron

Seeing as how everyone is trying to capitalize on GoT now, I would love to see someone make a Mount & Blade style game set in Westeros.

Oh, to ride through King's Landing as the leader of a war band of hill folk. That is my dream.

47. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 18:58 eunichron

AnointedSword wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 18:43:
Ya, I agree the CE sucks, but where is the info that this will be a very micro transactional game? They could be just pleasing the whiners that would cry about CE advantages?

They've already talked about it; Blue's story here

And from the thread comments, Leaked In-Game Store Screenshots

42. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 18:17 eunichron

Dades wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 18:12:
eunichron wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 14:54:
Tried 3 different cards and it keeps saying card information invalid.

NCSoft, WHY WON'T YOU TAKE MY MONEY?!

Do you know if this game going to have an open beta period or stress test?

I don't think they've mentioned anything about an open beta/stress test.

Never did figure out what was wrong with their card processing, but PayPal payment worked just fine. That was weird.

33. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 14:54 eunichron

Tried 3 different cards and it keeps saying card information invalid.

NCSoft, WHY WON'T YOU TAKE MY MONEY?!

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions
45. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 16:52 eunichron

Verno wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 14:09:
But let's go the art route because I said earlier videogames are a form of art. Art is changed all the time and yes sometimes in response to consumer expectations, demands or whatever else you want to call it. This happens in television, movies, radio, etc.

But even in the case of TV, movies, or radio you'd never get someone to retroactively change a television show or song. Radio you might get a station to change formats, but that's about it. Take M. Night Shyamalan and The Village, a lot of people lambasted the ending, but was there massive public outcry for him to change it? Would he have changed it if there was? I'm not really trying to present them as "sides," but gamers tend to have a sort of demand from developers and publishers that is unlike video game's closest parallel in entertainment media. I'm not trying to endorse anyone either, I don't like EAs business model anymore than anyone else in this thread, and Pachter certainly isn't right, but I do also think that it's a bit ridiculous given the animosity against EA/BioWare that people still hypocritically buy their games (I'm guilty of it too, I bought Battlefield 3 [twice], though I feel I got my monies worth). As customers we should get what we want, but we're obviously not exercising our rights as consumers if EA is still in business.

32. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 14:01 eunichron

Verno wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 13:37:
Have you played to the end of ME3? It doesn't feel complete, it was obviously rushed and has some serious continuity problems. In fact most of the problems I hear people complaining about have little to do with people wanting "the end changed" in the way he seems to think. It's more about all of the unaddressed issues that were likely cut to shove the game out the door in 24 months.

I haven't actually, I still have yet to finish ME1, which I've had for almost 4 years, and I'm not someone that can play series out of sequence, so I won't touch ME3 until I've finished both ME1 and 2. I don't really have an opinion either way. I just think it's funny that there is the argument that runs parallel of whether or not video games are art or just a product. If they are art then there is the assumption that the developer is trying to express something through the medium, and thus should not be changed. If they are merely a product to be consumed for the sake of profit margins then there is nothing wrong with the business model of day 1 DLC and episodic/yearly releases. Of course, either way, it doesn't matter if we as the consumers like it, but in both situations our opinions don't matter as much as we think they do.

25. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 13:29 eunichron

Nucas wrote on Apr 9, 2012, 11:15:
is bioware a business, or isn't it? since when is giving your customer what they want bad business?

Are video games art, or are they not? If they are art then changing your product to appease customers would show a rather large lack of artistic integrity.

If they are not art then I fear a statement such as that only gives legitimacy to EAs business model.

News Comments > Epic Making PC Exclusive Game
17. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 17:03 eunichron

Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 16:53:
Drezden wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 16:46:
Good luck selling any copies to all those "pirating, self absorbed, entitled" PC gamers that you so lovingly insulted.

Did Bleszinski actually use those words? Can you give me a link?

Yeah, that made me WTF so I looked around and all I could find were references to a 2010 interview where Mike Capps said that they switched to console focus because there was more money in consoles than in PCs (because of piracy) Link. As hard as I looked I didn't find any official statement from Epic that openly insulted PC gamers in that manner.

News Comments > Epic Making PC Exclusive Game
15. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:49 eunichron

World of Unreal, a subscription based MMORPG set in the world of Unreal pitting the human and Nali alliance against the unified horde of Skaarj and Krall. There is also the promise that there will never, ever, be pandas.  

News Comments > Arma III Animations Trailer
8. Re: Arma III Animations Trailer Apr 7, 2012, 19:06 eunichron

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 19:01:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 17:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 17:03:
I hate to say this, but dumb down the controls. I could never get through some of the training due to how the controls are setup, and I refuse to macguyver my desk for my joystick to fit on it.

Also show me some dialog. I couldn't stomach the horrible dialog in whatever version of Arma I have, let alone the 'Move to.... 1...2....1' commands.

I really would love to get into this series but entry level needs to be smoothed out.

One of the dev interviews I've seen on youtube the dev touched on exactly this issue. He said they are making changes so casual players can get into the game a little easier.

People like that will never like Arma, unless it turns into a childish game like BF3 or MW3.
So this is a very bad move.
Arma really doesnt have complex controls for a real PC game, so I dont get it why anyone would complain about it, unless he has console controller glued to his hands.

While I understand they're going for a 'sim' shooter, there is still no reason for 'simulator' to be synonymous with 'horribly implemented, convoluted, and difficult control scheme and interface'.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Mech Customization
1. Re: MechWarrior Online Mech Customization Apr 5, 2012, 00:37 eunichron

Totally stoked for this, can't wait.  

News Comments > EA Loses Consumerist Poll
26. Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 22:36 eunichron

The poll was rigged by /v/.

I at least got a kick out of:

Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo.

But I'm still going to play BF3, and enjoy it.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Announced; Adds Co-op
12. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Announced; Adds Co-op Apr 2, 2012, 13:05 eunichron

My biggest (and only) complaint about OMD was that some of the traps are just totally useless (especially some of the DLC traps), so I hope they don't just add superfluous traps for 2.

Though, I bought OMD1 and all its DLC for about $5 during a Steam sale, and I felt that I should have paid full price. Such a fun game.

News Comments > The Pets of Torchlight II
15. Re: The Pets of Torchlight II Mar 31, 2012, 20:51 eunichron

PHJF wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 20:03:
That said, I'm in the closed beta now, and... Path of Exile currently is mediocre at best. The skill system is fairly interesting, but the passive skill map is more cumbersome than cool, in my opinion.

Concur.

Thirded. If you're the type of person that hates Diablo 3 because it's not "Diablo," and you loved doing endless Pindle runs with 80% magic find, you'll love PoE.

The skill tree and gem/skill system are neat ideas, but somewhat convoluted... and given how they operate (your character is ENTIRELY dependent on on the skill tree and gem skills), I don't even know why they bothered with set classes. They could have just gone the TES route and given you a generic character (with more character customization [of which there is none]), and let you customize it as you liked.

[EDIT]
Clarification; the classes do start out at different points in the skill tree, but it seems to me it would have made more sense for them to go with a traditional skill based system, rather than this massive spiderweb that they have now.

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
40. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 15:10 eunichron

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 14:34:
Verno wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 12:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:50:
Textures? You mean sprites and pre-rendered maps! Sure, they are textures, but i would bet actual money that this "enhancement" does not include recreating all the art assets.

Though that is exactly what would be needed to actually have the game not become super-pint sized at 1920x1200 ..

Also who the heck uses 1920x1080p on PC ?

It's hard to find 1900x1200 monitors outside of the business community these days. They exist but they're often quite pricey. So to answer your question, millions and millions people use them on the PC.

Wow that is incredible sad and i had no idea, why would anyone willingly downsize their screen resolution for desktop use.. just to adapt to the retarded HD standard? People must have gone insane. For the record, I know of no business place (well, that I know off ,p) that has 1920x1080 screens. So yeah.. that is actually news to me.

I would have expected PC gamers to actually go for 1920x1200 screens.. given that this is the superior choice for most if not any games.

I, and most everyone I know that games on a monitor less than 26", uses a 1920x1080 monitor. When you're talking price a good 1920x1080 monitor is almost half the price of a 1920x1200 monitor (I paid $180 for my 23" Samsung in 2010). The $300 price tag on a 1920x1200 monitor isn't worth the extra 38,400 pixels. 1920x1200 just seems a pointless option between 1920x1080 and 2560x1600.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patched
13. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 29, 2012, 23:31 eunichron

Dades wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:22:
Incoming fire making you literally blind isn't exactly realism.

Blind? No. Making you GTFO and seek cover? Yes.

The way I see it the suppression change was a way of forcing team/squad play; if you're being suppressed it's on your squad and teammates to help you take the target out. It's great for me since I usually only play with friends in a squad anyway (and we're pretty much all former military so we love adapting bounding and cover movements into the game), but I can see how people that just pop in for an hour by themselves might think it's a terrible change.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patched
2. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 29, 2012, 20:43 eunichron

Overall seems like a great patch. Of course, that's not going to change the tone on the forums at all.

Only issue I've run across so far is the L85A2 glitch, which is so glaringly obvious it shouldn't be long before it's fixed.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo