Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Ad Says Guild Wars 2 Next Month
18. Re: Ad Says Guild Wars 2 Next Month May 16, 2012, 00:11 eunichron

KTR wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:45:
eunichron wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:26:
As amazing as what they have already is, it's nowhere near done. Half the instances don't work, two of the races aren't even implemented! No way in hell this is being released any time within 2 months.

Uh...you do know that NCsoft is doing that on purpose?!?

Don't tell me you're buying into that, "We're saving it for a surprise!" BS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
36. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 23:57 eunichron

PropheT wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:50:
Shok wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:34:
Ok, I'll bite. It is when all I want to play is single player and I'm forced online for inane DRM reasons when a single player component could have been developed in the 12 years between Diablo 2 and 3.

I'd like to stick up for the online-only component because it's trying something different that could be kind of cool... but I can't anymore. There's something about the implementation of it that just isn't working.

The online parts of it are completely integrated into the game, from global chat channels to always-on friend joining to auction houses, but they're so easily ignored that I have to wonder what the point is if someone isn't interested in those things. If you're not using them, they aren't just extraneous...they're actually detrimental to the game. The more I play (or try to play) the more I think that Starcraft 2's usage of the tools was not just better but smarter. I love the game so far, for the most part, but for me personally the online components aren't worth the hassle.

And I just plain don't get the auction house. If you take away the hunt for loot in Diablo 3, I'm not sure I understand the point of playing anymore.

The only possible concession I could see, and this is if they absolutely insist on keeping the RMAH, is to sell a discounted, offline, single player only version of the game. Maybe knock $20 off the price and don't allow any multiplayer of any sort with that version. I'd be a huge supporter of that, and I'm sure it would make a lot of people happy, but for me Diablo has always been a game that I always played coop, so I don't mind the always online aspect of it currently.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
27. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 23:31 eunichron

Last Night's Diablo III Debacle Demonstrates The Problem With 'Always-Online' Games.

No, it demonstrates the problem with popular always-online games.

Somebody was able to apparently log in, level 60 has already been reached.

Other than the emergency maintenance outage I haven't had a single problem logging in all day.

News Comments > Ad Says Guild Wars 2 Next Month
14. Re: Ad Says Guild Wars 2 Next Month May 15, 2012, 23:26 eunichron

As amazing as what they have already is, it's nowhere near done. Half the instances don't work, two of the races aren't even implemented! No way in hell this is being released any time within 2 months.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
185. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:29 eunichron

Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:19:
Krovven wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:16:
You mean like you didn't in response to him asking you to name one big game that hasn't had launch issues and you just redirected.

SWTOR? Of course you'll just hedge and claim it wasn't a major online game or something idiotic like that.

I was on and playing day 1, no disconnects, no wall of error messages telling me to wait, no repeatedly bringing the servers down for maintenance.

I can just imagine how well it would have gone over if Blizzard had limited pre-orders to only those they would approve, and then staggered the launch over the course of 7 days only allowing you to play based on when you pre-ordered.

Depends on what people qualify as a 'normal' person. I make sure I do every dungeon in the game. I figure it'll take me more than 12-15.

Indeed, and I think we can agree that Koreans aren't exactly "normal" gamers.

160. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 17:43 eunichron

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 15, 2012, 17:29:
Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:53:
7 hours
K? Remember it took 2hrs to beat Fo3, FO:NV and Skyrim too. But my first playthrough of FO3 to complete it was 68hrs, NV was 85hrs, and Skyrim was 168hrs.

On the upside, this gives me time to go fire up the BBQ and roast me up a steak and some burgers. Mmmm...BBQ.

Those guys were doing a total speed run, i.e. skipping almost everything. My friend and I have been playing a coop game and it took us about 4 hours to finish Act I (correcting for AFKs, wife/baby aggro, food breaks, etc.). My guess would be 12-15 hours for a normal person to play through... and that's still only normal mode.

138. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:48 eunichron

Slashman wrote on May 15, 2012, 16:24:
WarChilde wrote on May 15, 2012, 16:21:
Slashman wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:16:
You actually lose progress when your game drops. You can't save so you are plunked back in the game with whole areas that you had explored now fogged out again(at least according to one of the first impression reviews). I mean I can't imagine what it would be like to have just nearly beat a hard boss and have your connection drop(either on your end or Blizzard's servers and have to do over the whole section that you just played through).

This is nearly the same as D2 (both single and online play). But in D2 you always restarted in town. In D3 you start at the last checkpoint.

Which is fine if you're in a multiplayer game with people who keep the instance progress, but if you're playing solo its just a big, annoying do-over. D2 also had checkpoints.

If you're playing alone, you progress is screwed. That's wonderful!!!!

I don't think you understand. The way it works in D3 is similar to the way it worked in Diablo 2. The only difference at all is that in D3 you start at the dungeon checkpoint (there are checkpoints and waypoints in D3... checkpoints save your progress automatically, waypoints work as they did in D2), rather than in town as in D2. D3 actually puts you closer back to the action than Diablo 2 or Diablo 1 did. And I haven't had any issues at all with losing progress.

122. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:18 eunichron

Slashman wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:16:
I'm less concerned about launch than I am the long term implications for this.

You actually lose progress when your game drops. You can't save so you are plunked back in the game with whole areas that you had explored now fogged out again(at least according to one of the first impression reviews). I mean I can't imagine what it would be like to have just nearly beat a hard boss and have your connection drop(either on your end or Blizzard's servers and have to do over the whole section that you just played through).

I'm fine waiting for Grim Dawn and playing other things. D3 just isn't calling to me like its predecessors.

That's actually exactly how Diablo 1 and 2 worked also. It didn't save "progress" only checkpoints. If you left in the middle of a dungeon, the next time you logged in it would put you back at the beginning of that dungeon. Now that the servers are back up the game did exactly that, put me back at the beginning of the dungeon I was in when it went down.

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
57. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 04:44 eunichron

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 15, 2012, 04:41:
eunichron wrote on May 15, 2012, 04:31:
Restarted my computer and got in game in a few tries after that, worked for my friend also. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Game is not laggy at all once you get in, steady 60ms here.
Restarting doesn't have much to do about it. I'm waiting for my baclofen to kick in, so not much to do but wait and wait, and wait, and wait, while trying to do it comfortably. And managed to get past the initial error 37, to get an error 3006(too many people trying to log in).

4 attempts later I'm finally at character creation.

I was doing the same and was about to give up and try tomorrow. Saw that my friend got his to work, so I did the same and got in almost instantly. Whether or not it was the restarting that did it, the circumstantial evidence is there!

54. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 04:31 eunichron

Restarted my computer and got in game in a few tries after that, worked for my friend also. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Game is not laggy at all once you get in, steady 60ms here.  

16. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 14, 2012, 23:08 eunichron

I'll definitely share my key once I get my copy. All of my friends have either bought the game already or refuse to buy it, so it's up for grabs.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 14, 2012, 21:37 eunichron

eunichron wrote on May 14, 2012, 21:16:
nin wrote on May 14, 2012, 21:06:
Kodak Had a Secret Nuclear Reactor Loaded With Enriched Uranium Hidden In a Basement.

Seriously - what the fuck?

The answer is pretty clear and obvious... Kodak was R&Ding X-ray photography, and the reactor was part of the early stages of research.

Hate to quote myself, but I posted that before I actually read the article, and it looks that's actually exactly what they were doing... wow.

5. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 14, 2012, 21:30 eunichron

JeffD wrote on May 14, 2012, 21:25:
From the looks of it, no one is playing early. It will be activated midnight PDT, so everyone can do the math to find out what 12:00 PDT is for your time zone. This does indeed mean japan will be waiting till mid day to play diablo 3.

now I need to go sleep.

Actually, Asia went 7 hours ago... but no one can play, reporting a, "No license attached error." for digital copies, but GMs have been manually flagging accounts to let them play.

Hopefully whatever the problem is fixed by the time NA launches.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 14, 2012, 21:16 eunichron

nin wrote on May 14, 2012, 21:06:
Kodak Had a Secret Nuclear Reactor Loaded With Enriched Uranium Hidden In a Basement.

Seriously - what the fuck?

The answer is pretty clear and obvious... Kodak was R&Ding X-ray photography, and the reactor was part of the early stages of research.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 16:54 eunichron

The Half Elf wrote on May 14, 2012, 16:45:
Even with a midnight launch, still have to wait until Midnight PST, 3AM for the rest of us

Yeah, I was going to say it's not worth going to a midnight launch unless you're in the Pacific or Mountain time zones.

Alternatively, and there are multiple confirmations of this by both Blizzard employees and customers who talked to customer support, you can get a refund within 30 days for any digital purchase from Blizzard. So if you're like me and won't have a physical copy delivered for a few days you can just purchase a digital copy and get a full refund once you receive your box.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Ten Rules... May 14, 2012, 13:06 eunichron

I pre-ordered mine back in February from Gamestop (ordering a Blizzard game from Gamestop, how long before deqer jumps on me?) but only chose ground shipping. E-mailed them on Friday to see if I could get it upgraded to overnight for guaranteed delivery tomorrow, but they said it was too late as the package had already been prepped for shipping. Hopefully if it's not here tomorrow it will be soon.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2012, 12:55 eunichron

The only thing I liked from the Win8 consumer preview was the new task manager. I really, really, hope they import that to Win7.  

News Comments > Steam top 10
36. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 16:40 eunichron

Yeah, I have the ArmA 2 Free installed right now, but I'm really just not a fan of the series, but after watching some videos of Day-Z that actually looks really fucking cool and probably worth purchasing Combined Ops next time it goes on sale.  

News Comments > Steam top 10
34. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 16:28 eunichron

Does Day Z work with the ArmA 2 free version, or do you have to have the full retail game to play it?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs May 13, 2012, 14:34 eunichron

In that regard we don't use "Cellular" to refer to tablets here in the US either. It's either 3G/4G or just "wireless". Cellular is usually something we only see in reference to mobile phones. Apple is pretty culturally disconnected everywhere.  

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo