Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 August 28th
36. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 19:57 eunichron

Can't wait.

My only fear is that, while I know there will be mountains of content while leveling, that 'end-game' will be all about WvWvW and SPvP. Which isn't necessarily bad, I had a blast playing WvWvW in the last BWE... but I don't want that to be all that there is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
24. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 19:46 eunichron

Luke wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 17:15:
Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:25:
Sorry, the ship has already sailed...this whole "let's tweak the game a million times" got old in WOW, and it's not any more welcome here.

Good changes are always welcome, that's really close minded and petty. The boss thing is just a reversion of a previous nerf but the other changes are great and the drop rates are generous.

I think Blizzard is finally listening to feedback and reason. Between these changes, the Natalya set bonus thing and Bashioks post about having a general new design focus I am really hopeful the game is moving in a good direction finally.

moving in a good direction finally
That could have been done before release ! , it only shows they don't have any direction what so ever with this Way to early release
And even charge full price for it.
Tho the funny part is peps forget very very quickly what shitty compagny they are , "just throw in some nerfs and better drops , then the gamers will get back to us and praise us once again"
Peps are sooo easy
Pixels over peps

wut

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 August 28th
22. Re: Guild Wars 2 August 28th Jun 28, 2012, 14:10 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 12:30:
zombiefan wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 10:54:
I just broke the world's record for fastest erection. Damn it....Guinness wasn't around either.

Much as I really like GW2 nothing is giving me mahogany like Planetside 2. These 2 games are going to dominate my play time for a considerable time to come.

Ditto.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
46. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 14:29 eunichron

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 14:22:
For example there was item imbues, player addable sockets and eventually runewords. Just even having those few things would alleviate much of the backlash they're facing now, not to mention they make more interesting quest rewards.

Theoretically Horadric Cube imbues and gambling have been replaced by the artisans, but there's still some balancing that needs to go on there. Reducing the costs for low level items was a start, but crafting the 6-modifier gear still is not a worthwhile investment.

I miss runewords as well, that was an awesome addition with LoD, but I'm sure they will be added with the inevitable expansion.

44. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 14:03 eunichron

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 13:22:
So what if they did anyway? I don't think there's even anything inherently wrong with balancing the game around the idea of players using an auction house. It basically replaces most of the crappy aspects of player to player trading. What does suck on the other hand is how Blizzard is letting their desire to protect the AH affect other aspects of balance in the game. For example areas like farming and gold running which lets face it, is a large part of the Diablo endgame.

That's my only real complaint about the game at the moment, Blizzard's extreme reactions to innocuous farming methods that do more to punish players than fix bots and gold sellers. Who cares if HC characters were farming Dark Cellar and Act I goblins... their punishment was spending 4-5 boring hours a night farming the same damn goblin over and over again.

Well, that and the atrocious story dialogue.

Luke wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:30:
And those who think they did not purposely tweaking the drops are even more ridiculous , Clown

Oh, you've convinced me. I apologize. It's all a Blizzard conspiracy to get people to spend real money on virtual items. Oh, except for that little snag where people running statistics on item drops have proven that the drop rates are exactly what Blizzard has said they are, and that they're within the bounds of what drop rates were in Diablo 2/LoD, and here is the data the proves it:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

News Comments > TERA's $25 Horse
26. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 12:29 eunichron

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:27:
I could care less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

24. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 12:19 eunichron

NKD wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:14:
eunichron wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:11:
NKD wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:17:
New rule: You can't complain about relatively spendy online pixel items unless you can post your financial information and show us that you haven't wasted $25 on something non-essential recently.

After all my bills are paid, the refrigerator is stocked, and my gas tank is full my only expenses are beer and cigarettes... and fuck you if you tell me they aren't essential!

I hope you buy only store brand food, and get all your clothes at the Goodwill. Otherwise, waste waste waste! Everyone wastes money on something unnecessary, that's kind of my point

There's a difference between not being wasteful and being frugal. It's not wasteful to buy name brand food and clothing, but it's not very frugal.

But you're actually saving yourself some money with the smokes! All those years you won't be alive are years you won't be spending money.

Indeed. If I'm not dead by the time I'm 60 I'm going to ask for a refund.

21. Re: TERA's $25 Horse Jun 27, 2012, 12:11 eunichron

NKD wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:17:
New rule: You can't complain about relatively spendy online pixel items unless you can post your financial information and show us that you haven't wasted $25 on something non-essential recently.

After all my bills are paid, the refrigerator is stocked, and my gas tank is full my only expenses are beer and cigarettes... and fuck you if you tell me they aren't essential!

40. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 11:49 eunichron

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:20:
That's not a lot of money considering the length of time it takes to run both of those acts, the GPH is low to moderate.

It's all about finding optimized routes. There was a group of guys that posted an Act I route on Reddit the other day that my friend and I have been running as well. We tweaked it a little bit for ourselves (the guy was running a Wizard, my friend and I were doing it co-op with a tank barb and tank monk, so we cut out a couple spots that were too much time vs. reward), but we ended up with a ton of rares, a few upgrades between both of us, and about 200k gold an hour, which while isn't amazing GPH compared to pre-1.03, when you factor in the amount of items we got that were auctionable we made quite a bit more. It gets even easier and more efficient when you realize the maps have very little in terms of randomization, and you can begin to predict where caves and elites will spawn.

The bottom line is there is absolutely no point in the game where going to the AH is required. I have two characters in Act III Inferno right now, and I have never bought a single item off the AH. Everything I have I farmed myself or got it from a friend when we were playing a coop game. These people who think there is some sort of conspiracy with Blizzard purposely tweaking the drops and difficulty to force people into using the AH are just fucking ridiculous.

25. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 01:27 eunichron

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 23:37:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:44:
Dades wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 21:05:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 20:16:
You might want to look at the drop in hours.

Haha barely beating Call of Duty 2, I'm not sure a casual oriented yahoo owned gaming service is the benchmark we need.

Oh and what game are you playing? Where is it on that list? Just sayin.

Pinball Arcade on the PS3, NHL 12 on the PS3, and if there were an ongoing MWO beta I might or might not be playing that. I played D3 up until hell Act2, I pretty much realized at that point the entire game was designed around getting people to spend money in the RMAH at that point, not that I didn't pretty much know that going in.

That Blizzard is pretty much treating it as an MMO with nerfing skills left and right, with from all accounts a difficulty level in inferno that isn't fun to play I got over needing a clickfest action rpg fix pretty quick at that point.

Maybe if TL2 ends up being decent I'll snag that, but honestly Blizzard can keep their money making scheme. No longer interested.

If you're having trouble getting through Act II Hell without using the AH then the problem was not the game, it was you.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam Jun 26, 2012, 15:12 eunichron

This xpac is gonna be the bomb!

(but what I really want is the ability to play as a pagan monarch)

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 25, 2012, 20:39 eunichron

nin wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 20:22:
Pachter: I smoke crack and this is what I came up with.

You have to admit, he has the perfect job. I wish I could get paid to make shit up all day.

News Comments > Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near
12. Re: Meet the Pyro & Team Fortress 2 Features Near Jun 25, 2012, 17:09 eunichron

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:16:
Verno wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 15:14:
deqer wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 14:42:
Although their "Meet the *" videos are nice, the game TF2 still remains to be overly balanced to the point of being handicapped with it's newbie classes like Spy, or it's random critical hits mechanism; it's just so boring now because there is no sense of skill or control or dominance when you have so many shit random factors like that in the game.

Hahaha come on, in what universe is Spy a newbie class? It is one of the most difficult classes to play effectively and requires a lot of foresight and strategy. Opposition teams are well trained to shoot first on many servers so you have to effectively imitate other players, their routes and know where what class will be when which requires a well rounded understanding of class balance in general. You also need good timing and instinct to pick your goals to best help the team, not to mention a bit of luck.
deqer's definition of a newbie class is probably "whichever class usually kills me in something that I think wasn't a fair fight." He probably imagines that spies just walk around cloaked or disguised, killing whoever they want instantly with bacstabs.

deqer reminds me of those players in BF3 that accuse everyone who kills them of hacking.

I haven't played TF2 for years, is it even worth playing now that it's a F2P hat simulator?

News Comments > DCS: P-51D Mustang Trailer
11. Re: DCS: P-51D Mustang Trailer Jun 25, 2012, 00:47 eunichron

I've never thought much about flight sims, but that was pretty f-ing cool.  

News Comments > Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2012, 00:56 eunichron

Rigs wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 23:59:
New Squidbillies mode!

I would pay for this.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
39. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 21:52 eunichron

Well, just found my first legendary since the patch (and 3rd overall; it was a Won Khim Lau fist weapon btw). I asked my AH monkey friend what he thought it was worth. He informed me that it was about 150% worthless.  

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
35. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 19:15 eunichron

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 17:30:
What's PoE?

It's a F2P Diablo 2 ripoff with no imagination. The skill "tree" (it's more of a web) is kind of cool though, if not convoluted. By Diablo 2 ripoff I mean if you enjoyed doing Pindle runs ad nauseam in LoD, you'll love PoE. Otherwise I'd say pass it and go for TL2 or Grim Dawn.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
98. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 12:52 eunichron

Jivaro wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 11:56:
Torchlight 2 cannot come soon enough. It may have its own problems, but somehow I think those issues will be largely fixable. Diablo 3's issues have more to do with Blizzard as a company and very little to do with the actual game. My ARPG itch can handle being ignored a while longer.

I think I will go spend the money I was holding for Diablo 3 on a bunch of indie games instead. You know, give the money to companies and people that don't make their own self-created problems the customer's problem.

While I'm not going to jump on the Torchlight 2 bandwagon, Diablo 3's flaws as a game don't become apparent until you reach Inferno. Luckily for the player population about 98% of them will never bother to step foot in Inferno. Though I would say that up to Inferno, you are correct, Diablo 3 is a great game, and its only faults are the ridiculous measures Blizzard is taking to combat exploiters, hackers, cheaters, and farmers (bots or otherwise).

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
11. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 21, 2012, 21:07 eunichron

I was willing to defend the DRM. I was willing to defend some of the design choices. This is fucking ridiculous though. Fuck you, Blizzard.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Next Week Jun 21, 2012, 14:21 eunichron

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 13:29:
Yeah, I am getting tired of this type of testing too. Last Beta event I was out of town and the one before that I was working so I missed it entirely. These short stress tests during the normal workday seem to be more intended to catch the public's attention and/or just a PR stunt.

This kind of testing amounts to no more than a demo. If they truly wanted the game tested publicly it would be a full closed beta, at the very least for those us who have pre-purchased the game. Leave this beta weekend/stress test garbage for people who haven't already paid.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, and I'm eagerly awaiting launch, but this "testing" model is bullshit.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo