Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ] Older >

News Comments > BlizzCon Festival Announced
1. No subject Jun 28, 2005, 17:25 eunichron

For anyone that might come here to trash this...

QuakeCon anyone?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Beams, lasers, death rays Jun 25, 2005, 14:13 eunichron

What's astonishing is that all these special effects pale in comparison to the cap ship beam weapons in Freespace 2!
I still remember the first time I heard the Colossus fire off it's beams. And the Shaitan and Nephilim... oh boy. Almost makes me want to fire up Freespace 2 again, for old time's sake.
This comment was edited on Jun 25, 14:15.

News Comments > BF2 Ranked Servers Status
18. No subject Jun 24, 2005, 09:09 eunichron

If they would just fix the latency issues on ranked servers, I don't care about when my stats update, but when the game becomes unplayable even on a 32 player server, something's fucked up.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 2
75. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2005, 16:32 eunichron

How do the preorders work at EB? Are we supposed to get it today? Or do we have to wait till Wednesday to pick it up?
Most of the times when I've pre-ordered at an actual EB store, pre-orders have gotten it on the day it ships, before it actually goes on the shelves. But it looks like this time EB isn't handing out pre-orders out until it goes on the shelves.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 2
45. No subject Jun 21, 2005, 13:52 eunichron

Fuck.. just called my local EB in northern NY. They're not handing out pre-orders until tomorrow when the "normies" get it.

News Comments > DoD: Source News
7. No subject Jun 18, 2005, 16:02 eunichron

So Valve posted a news item last week saying that they're going to release news about DoD: Source in a week. That news item turned out to be that they are working on DoD: Source and that there will be more news about DoD: Source coming soon...

Fuck you Valve.

51. Re: BF2 demo Jun 11, 2005, 22:42 eunichron

I was assuming some kind of Tribes 2 style overhead map and more orders to give, so maybe I couldn't figure it out.
If you hit Caps Lock as a commander you get an entirely new screen, with a full view of the map. From this screen you can target artillery, UAVs, satellite scans (scans the entire map, shows enemy units for the duration of the scan (about 10 seconds), and supply drops anywhere on the map. You can also issue orders to the squad leaders.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Demo
206. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:57 eunichron

When I set dynamic shadows to 'high' the shadows were all represented as giant black squares. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm using a 6600 GT.
Using a 6800 Ultra and I have no graphical problems at all (other than the initial issues from having to install the included Nvidia drivers).

So far, no game-breaking bugs. I was able to play for an hour straight without any crashes or errors. Even the single player AI seems vastly improved. Performance in single player is excellent (I'm running maxed settings, 1152x768 res [seems to be the max res that game supports by default], high quality sound). Multiplayer performance looks like it needs work (lots of lag/latency issues, same ones that plagued 1942 at release).

Other than that, the people here calling it a POS and a failure probably didn't even load it up.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Demo
133. No subject Jun 10, 2005, 17:47 eunichron

Downloaded from FileRush in about 36 minutes. Installed.

Some annoyances:

For Nvidia card users, you have to install the included 77.30 drivers, or you'll get bombarded with an annoying message in the game.

Video options for me only went up to 1152x768 resolution... I have a GeForce 6800 Ultra and a 19" LCD with 1280x1024 native res.

Have yet to play the game, about to reboot after installing the included drivers.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. No subject Jun 9, 2005, 22:23 eunichron

In June 2005, ATI commissioned AppLabs, a leading provider of quality assurance and testing, to conduct the test, pitting ATI's Radeon® display adaptors against comparable NVIDIA GeForce products.
I'm sure they were real objective.

News Comments > BF2 Demo Not Exclusive
3. No subject Jun 9, 2005, 17:55 eunichron

rock

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: death of PC gaming Jun 4, 2005, 15:58 eunichron

but how far behind will they still be in terms of online MP
I think Live has pretty much put Xbox at the stage of the Gamespy3D era (that's what, '99/'00?)

modding (nowhere), mapping (well behind DOOM)
You can do all that on a chipped Xbox. But then there's the question of legality.

News Comments > Project Offset Unveiled
7. No subject Jun 4, 2005, 15:27 eunichron

Savage was a great sleeper hit. I'm surprised it never really caught on. It wasn't exactly a unique idea (FPS/RTS, Westwood gave it a shot), but it was done right, and extremely well.

Everyone looking for innovation in the industry, I think it will come from this dev team. From the sneak peek and the other information, hopefully Project Offset will be a pretty big leap forward in the fantasy genre.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Gold
11. No subject Jun 1, 2005, 17:55 eunichron

Outstanding. I just got back from EB pre-ordering my copy.

Really can't wait for this. Been giving my Xbox almost my complete attention since I finished Half-Life 2 and Doom 3, can't wait to give my PC the love it deserves again.

25. Re: Freedom Isn't Free.... May 27, 2005, 16:15 eunichron

I was a little disappointed but moreso impressed that Matt and Trey didn't attack Bush.
Even if they didn't attack him directly, as they did Hollywood, the film pretty much attacks American society on the whole spectrum. You could say the film's premise alone is an attack on Bush policy.

There's no one that the movie doesn't take the opportunity to insult, which is what makes it so great.

News Comments > Game Movies
6. Re: Damn you Ubi May 19, 2005, 20:43 eunichron

Probably the big thing about this E3 is that everyone is out there showing off their game, without actually showing us the game.
That's the problem with every E3. Usually the only games that will actually show content is the games that are close to release. Other than that it's all about developers and publishers alike masturbating over their own ideas.

News Comments > Dogtag Revealed
9. Re: No subject May 16, 2005, 19:57 eunichron

WTF? NVG and camo paint in the daytime?
You can use night vision during the day. All modern military night vision has a "day cap" (simply, a lens cap with a hole about 1mm wide) that blocks out most light. This comes in handy for using infrared aiming devices (like the AN/PAQ-4 and AN/PEQ-2) during the day.

News Comments > Blizzard Acquires Swingin' Ape
2. Re: Whoa! May 16, 2005, 14:57 eunichron

All I want to know is where the hell is this game. It was supposed to be out a year and a half ago.

Yeah, yeah, I'm all too familiar with Blizzard and their delays. But even a year and a half is a long time for them.

News Comments > U.S. Army Stays Unreal
36. Re: It's more than a May 10, 2005, 22:08 eunichron

The game uses real U.S. Army terminology, models and behavior of real U.S. Army weapons, real u.S. Army roles and insignias, real Army hand signals and tactics, and many other U.S. Army elements
No it doesn't.

In my year and a half's time of service as an infantryman in the US Army, I have not seen America's Army portray anything realistic as far as our real life training goes. And real war? Forget about it. No computer simulation ever will be able to.

With that said, America's Army is a decent game when you take it at face value.
This comment was edited on May 10, 22:13.

32. Re: Now THIS pissed my off May 6, 2005, 22:01 eunichron

Except of course for the roadside bombs and mortar attacks...
They're not as frequent as you think. Most camps and FOBs in the "hot" zones will encounter maybe 2-3 per week nowadays, not targeted at American troops. That's not very many. About the same we encountered early in the war in Afghanistan (we were down to 1 rocket attack or fewer a week on average before we left), and even Bosnia.

There's so much going on in Iraq right now that American civilians don't hear about. Just because all you hear about are the few IEDs/VBIEDs/mortar attacks, doesn't mean there's real progress being made, and that the majority of the country is secure.
This comment was edited on May 6, 22:03.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 56.
< Newer [ 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo