Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for eunichron

Real Name eunichron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eunichron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 23, 2002, 16:54
Total Comments 1789 (Pro)
User ID 13977

User comment history
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce 8800 Beta Vista Drivers
1. No subject May 15, 2007, 00:44 eunichron

How about some new fucking drivers for my god damn 7950GX2. Haven't even owned this card for a year and Nvidia considers it obsolete?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Hellgate Multiplayer
14. Re: Earth to Bill May 10, 2007, 14:45 eunichron

Can anyone name a successful game that had the option of both views?
I might be wrong since I have not played it in so long, but if I remember right the original Ghost Recon had 3rd and 1st person views. It was also a great game.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Website
29. Re: UT 3 May 7, 2007, 23:05 eunichron

I'm always amazed years after its release, a fanbase bit more grown up and still many fans yearning for a Tribes revival.
Put me down for a Tribes revival. Only game to have as big an impact on me as Tribes did was Battlefield 1942.

9. Re: first May 7, 2007, 15:59 eunichron

What the fuck is "wow" about this pixellated puke soup, dude? Those "screenshots" (if they were... where the fuck is the interface then?) look like complete ass. Looks more like poorly compressed and scaled down art renders. Way to NOT advertise your product, Epic. Grats.
Refer to sponge's post.

2. Re: first May 7, 2007, 15:09 eunichron

If those are actual in game screenshots... wow.

Hopefully the gameplay doesn't suck.

News Comments > World of StarCraft?
44. Re: No subject May 5, 2007, 23:46 eunichron

Whatever it is, MMOFPS/RPG/RTS, I bet that they will try to tap the console market with this one.
I doubt it seeing as every attempt by Blizzard to tap into consoles has either failed (StarCraft 64), or been cancelled before it even came to market (StarCraft: Ghost).

My guess is it will just be an RTS. WoW is still flourishing from it's expansion, and even a decent StarCraft MMO would most likely kill WoW (I personally like WarCraft more than StarCraft, because I've been playing WC since WC1). Then again, even if half the WoW subscribers give it up for "World of StarCraft", that's still 4 million subscribers per title.

[EDIT]
Though, if they offered a dual subscription, say both games for $20, I'd probably do it. :]
This comment was edited on May 5, 23:47.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Tap Rules! May 4, 2007, 16:59 eunichron

"Why not just make 10 louder?" "But you see, these go to 11."

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Xbox 360 May 2, 2007, 10:24 eunichron

What sucks is I'll probably end up buying one of these new ones because the DVD drive broke a week after I bought one 6 months after release.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ArmA: Combat Operations
16. Re: About time... May 1, 2007, 16:57 eunichron

Hyperbole is lost on you people.

But it stands true. On a scale of 1-100 judging the reality of current video games, the most realistic game is about a .05.

12. Re: About time... May 1, 2007, 16:30 eunichron

And there's no way a game can ever even attempt to be close to the reality.

10. Re: About time... May 1, 2007, 16:23 eunichron

This is the closest to reality a FPS/soldier simulator can get.
Haha.

No.

Games will never be that close. Ever.

News Comments > Van Buren (Ex-Fallout 3) Tribute
1. sadfase Apr 30, 2007, 22:00 eunichron

This would've been so awesome. I still play Fallout 1/2 occasionally.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 22:00.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Goatgate Apr 30, 2007, 17:28 eunichron

PR people need to grow backbones. I wouldn't apologize for that. I'd put out the whole story, tell the animal rights activists to fuck off, and then have some tasty goat for dinner.

Well, I'm lying. I wouldn't eat the goat, because I've had goat before, and it's not very tasty. Then again, that was Iraqi goat that was probably raised on garbage and shit water... so I might eat it, maybe not. Depends on how brave I'm feeling. But I'd still tell those animal rights activists to fuck off.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Trailer
10. Looks interesting Apr 28, 2007, 15:20 eunichron

I wonder how it will compare to GRAW (if indeed it is a primarily console title).

News Comments > Blizzard's Next-Gen MMO?
9. Re: no Bill Roper Apr 27, 2007, 20:51 eunichron

The last thing Roper had a hand in before he left was WoW. Then things turned lame. They brought in a whole bunch of developers from EQ and now WoW is the grind fest it is today. Bill Roper was the guy that made that company great and now I can't wait for Hellgate: London

Blizzard is now just a collection of well paid artists and business men trying not to mess up what Bill Roper started years ago.
Bill Roper worked primarily with Blizzard North on the Diablo franchise. The only real work he had with Blizzard(South) was PR work as a producer, and the last title he did anything with was WarCraft 3, not WoW. The EQ developers were hired to work on WoW before the title was even announced.

Soo... Bill Roper is the man, but his leaving won't be the downfall of Blizzard.

News Comments > PC Gaming Rebounds?
4. Re: YES! Apr 23, 2007, 10:51 eunichron

One explanation: WoW: TBC release date was January 16th.

I'd like to see the comparison between now in 2007 and this time last year. Especially since there hasn't been a major (big title) release since TBC for PCs, but there have been a few for consoles (God of War 2, GRAW2, Tiger Woods).

News Comments > WoW: Burning Crusade Trial
14. Re: Lack of solo content? Apr 19, 2007, 17:07 eunichron

Well playing with one other person is still Multiplayer last time I looked.
And there is 0 content a duo can tackle at max level(About the same amount as solo).
Not everyone wants/likes to be in big guilds or to be in a big group.

I gave up on this watered down MMO a while ago.

Wouldn't an MMO that allowed a player all that be the definition of a watered down MMO?

WoW doesn't force anyone to group to progress. Especially since BC, there is a lot of good gear available from quests and random world drops. You don't have to group with anyone to level from 1-70. It's no problem for anyone to join a group to do the level 70 5man instances, or the 5man Heroics, without guild support. The only thing a guild is required for is the end-game raid content, which is exactly why it's there; for guilds to tackle together as a team.

What were you expecting... to kill Illidan by yourself?

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 17:08.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2007, 16:27 eunichron

I've had the same WoW account since the game was released in November 2004. Never been hacked, never been stolen. These people are probably trying to buy gold and accounts, and then wondering why the account they just bought gets jacked and gutted a week later.

News Comments > On WoW Bans
39. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2007, 19:38 eunichron

First, it's a game not reality.
And yet the game economies operate on the same principles that the American capitalistic economy does: supply and demand.

Makes me wonder if anyone has studied the progression of an MMO economy from the day a server was created to 2-3 years later. I think it would be an interesting study to do.

News Comments > On WoW Bans
24. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2007, 15:26 eunichron

LOL! Judging from all of the bans and the companies which sell player accounts, WOW is already awash with so-called cheating.
I have many characters, across multiple servers. I've been playing since the beta and day 1 of release, and I've only ever seen 2 cheaters. One was about 6 months ago, it was a guy gliding (boting). And I just killed his character over and over again for about 3 hours. Racked up quite a few HKs. Gliding is easy to catch though, I imagine his account has been banned since then. The second was just last week, I saw a speed hacker in Feralas (a level 1 moving faster than a paladin with an epic flying mount and crusader aura). So 2 and a half years I've been playing this game, and I've seen 2 hackers. I wouldn't say they're awash.

Gold sellers and account scams though... at least Blizzard is putting filters into place to combat them.

1789 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 53.
< Newer [ 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo