Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Elf Shot The Food

Real Name Elf Shot The Food   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 22, 2002, 22:54
Total Comments 3116 (Veteran)
User ID 13955

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Ignite Demo
1. Re: Ignite Demo Nov 15, 2011, 11:52 Elf Shot The Food

It's worth a try: the gameplay is decent and system performance is good. Total arcade-style racing, in the Ridge Racer/Flatout mode.

The scoring is unusual: you gain points - and nitro - by drifting, drafting, and knocking over objects that appear on the track. Using nitro depletes your score, so you can't just hold the button down to go really fast all the time.

My only real complaint is that the game doesn't recognize the Xbox 360 controller buttons; it'll say things like "Press Button 0 for Nitrous" and things like that. The game does work fine with the controller, but it took a little bit of time to figure out the button commands. Fortunately, there aren't very many to remember.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
17. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 13:01 Elf Shot The Food

I want to try this, but Oblivion left me cold. I put 20+ hours into the game but just couldn't get into it.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 12:14 Elf Shot The Food

Techie714 © wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 11:03:
I'll just leave this here....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

What are you trying to do? Further prove that user scores are an irrelevant joke?

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
2. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 15:39 Elf Shot The Food

PETA latching onto something popular so they can get some free publicity? Someone needs to unleash the hounds on their offices.  

News Comments > Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Coming to PC
2. Re: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Coming to PC Nov 7, 2011, 15:18 Elf Shot The Food

I wasn't one of those people who worshiped EDF 2017, but then again I only played it in single-player, not co-operatively. I think this new one has three-player co-op and can be played online, whereas EDF 2017 only had local co-op for two players (I think).

If it's priced cheaply enough, I might get the PC version.

News Comments > Steam Forums Hacked?
20. Re: Steam Forums Hacked? Nov 7, 2011, 15:12 Elf Shot The Food

I want to post in the Steam forum and complain that the Steam forum is down, but I can't.  

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy
21. Re: Saints Row: The Third Trailer Brings the Crazy Nov 5, 2011, 19:23 Elf Shot The Food

Best career move Reynolds has made in a while.

Hulk Hogan is in this too. GOTY, anyone?

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third PC Features and Specs
4. Re: Nov 1, 2011, 21:26 Elf Shot The Food

If you check on Steam, there's also a character creation tool that can be used to create in-game characters that other players will be able to use. I don't know if the console versions will have that feature.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/55370/

I've spent quite a bit of time playing around with it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer Nov 1, 2011, 14:36 Elf Shot The Food

I know it's cool to hate CoD (it's the new Halo!), but I recently played MW2 single-player for the first time and found it to be quite entertaining. The plot was pretty ludicrous, but the game moved from big set-piece to big set-piece so quickly you didn't have much time to notice.

Or maybe I'm just biased because Lance Henriksen and Keith David did a couple of the voices.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 12:13 Elf Shot The Food

I just could never get into the GTA games, and I gave all of them a real good try hoping that the latest would be "the one" that would finally click. Something about them just secretly turns me off.

Strange though, because I enjoyed some of the "inferior" knock-offs like Saints Row.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
5. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 11:17 Elf Shot The Food

I paid $10 for MoH and felt that I got my money's worth. The campaign was very short and had no drama (despite the music trying to tell me it did), but was okay. What didn't help was that everything felt a little rushed; there were bugs and scripting errors that should have never gotten past testing.

The Tier One mode was pretty good, although I didn't spend a lot of time with it.

Multiplayer was a joke. It was all about spawn-camping.

News Comments > Postal III in December?
5. Re: Postal III in December? Oct 21, 2011, 16:30 Elf Shot The Food

I thought this was third-person? Unless they changed it.

Postal 2 was a pretty good guilty pleasure game. The expansion was terrible, though.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs
13. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 13:54 Elf Shot The Food

You mean there are still people who think Battlefield 3 will outsell MW 3?  

News Comments > Bethesda Calls DOOM 4 Rumor "Bollocks"
13. Re: Bethesda Calls DOOM 4 Rumor Oct 21, 2011, 13:02 Elf Shot The Food

You don't have to be British to use British slang on the internet.

As for the rumor, I don't buy it.

News Comments > Revealed: LEGO Batman Sequel; DC Superhero Game; Hobbit Tie-in
1. Re: Hobbit Tie-in and DC Superhero Game Revealed Oct 18, 2011, 12:49 Elf Shot The Food

I wouldn't be surprised if the new superhero game is based on Superman, especially since there's a new Supes movie in production.

Nice to hear they're making a Lego Batman sequel. I liked the first one quite a bit.

News Comments > Mojang Wins Scrolls Injunction
2. Re: Mojang Wins Scrolls Injunction Oct 18, 2011, 11:07 Elf Shot The Food

I finally get to sleep at night.  

News Comments > XIII Returning Next Month
4. Re: XIII Returning Next Month Oct 17, 2011, 20:50 Elf Shot The Food

The first game was a case of style over substance. And poorly-placed checkpoints. And stealth sequences that gave you no indication of how visible or loud your character was.

I enjoyed the game, but it could have been better.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Oct 11, 2011, 21:33 Elf Shot The Food

This seems like a cash grab, but I love Dead Rising so much I'll end up buying it anyways.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Download the Xbox ‘Achievement Unlocked’ sound. Oct 8, 2011, 21:24 Elf Shot The Food

I use that as my Windows start-up sound.  

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
72. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 01:19 Elf Shot The Food

The creator of the Glorious PC Master Race has just struck them down. How ironic.  

3116 Comments. 156 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo