Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1393 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up
7. Re: Shadowrun Returns Exclusive Level Follow-up Apr 19, 2012, 23:34 Icewind

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 19, 2012, 23:03:
Ok so I played the SNES version, there was a Genesis version, and a Sega CD version also right? Of the SNES/Genesis version, which would you say is the best.

I liked both, but felt the Genesis version was superior, if only due to its more faithful adaption of the PnP ruleset at the time. It also was far more challenging and had a quasi-openworld style of gameplay that was a decade ahead of its time. It even had factions that you could join and optional main quests that could be ignored while you buried yourself in elder scrolls-style endless side questing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns $1M Milestone
7. Re: Shadowrun Returns $1M Milestone Apr 15, 2012, 16:33 Icewind

I don't understand the outrage. Just plunk down the bare minimum pledge to get a digital copy of the game (What is it now, 30 bucks?) and you'll get this mission. Why is this such a big issue?

Now if they said they were making DLC after release that cost money and *everyone* had to pay for it whether they pledged money or not I'd be pissed.

....but they aren't, so what gives?

News Comments > Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced
12. Re: Dungeon Lords MMXII Announced Apr 13, 2012, 17:04 Icewind

I remember being on the forums for this when it came out and as bad as it was, people there defending it. I even found that playing the biggest race (Forget their name, the big troll-like guys) meant that there were some important quest areas you couldn't enter and instead had to glitch your way inside of because the doorways weren't big enough to let them through. Their own forums admitted it was a bug, but never patched it.

Dungeon Lords was a trainwreck.

Wizards & Warriors however was fairly good. I got to the last area before a bug involving a two-way passage becoming a one way passage and locking me out of the final dungeon area prevented me from beating it. Never bothered with the game after that.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Apr 11, 2012, 23:24 Icewind

Darth Guybrush wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 23:22:
Apparently replay value will by high just for looking around.

If sales are good (and they look very like that already - even on Steam) who know?

At least until the Pirate fuck it up like they apparently did for Bulletstorm 2...

Pirates didn't mess up Bulletstorm 2, the game stunk rotten and anyone with a modicum of taste can see that. The sequel won't get made because of the game being a disaster, not due to piracy.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
51. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 23:23 Icewind

Riker wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 22:26:
Fun so far.

Magic system is shit, shit, shit. I was surprised and disappointed to discover that combat is a real-time whack-a-mole clickfest rather than turn-based, but it's not a huge deal. But the option sure would be nice. And where's the goddamn health potions at?? But ya... fun so far.

The magic system is IDENTICAL to Dungeon Master. I'm guessing you're a young pup, right?

News Comments > Dark Souls GFWL Petition
7. Re: Dark Souls GFWL Petition Apr 11, 2012, 19:48 Icewind

I do too, but they have a couple of problems that irk me. Namely, one big one:

Can't log into live due to network problems? then you can't log into your profile and therefore lose access to your saved games and all bought DLC.

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
24. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 6, 2012, 10:10 Icewind

MattyC wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 09:44:
Nepumuk wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 05:35:
I did not remember that many cave rats.

I didn't snag the GoG version, but I recently played though my original copy (in DOSbox, good luck getting that damn thing working in Windows) and I thought the same thing about the beginning. It is still a great game, but some nostalgia was ruined. 'It is door trim' or something like that was the other big &#3232;_&#3232; for me. I was just thinking 'Who thought to put this in? Did anyone ever want to see this?'. Seemed pretty obvious anyone who ever got that was trying to click on the door itself.

Odd. You have problems with the windows version of Fallout? I've installed it on 5 different rigs of mine, from Windows 95 to Windows vista ultimate x64 and have never had a problem.

Matter of fact, when it came out it was the first game that made me stop whining about how games didn't have DOS install options. After Diablo 1 ran so well in Win95, I installed the WIN95 executable of Fallout, saw it ran excellently, and never went back to DOS again.

Well, until DOSbox.

News Comments > John Romero's Shooter Plans
10. Re: John Romero's Shooter Plans Apr 5, 2012, 22:58 Icewind

When is Stevie Killcreek Case's game coming out?

Oh that's right, she's on the street corner turning tricks.

News Comments > 0x10c, Mojang's Space Adventure Details
10. Re: 0x10&#8198;&#872; , Mojang's Space Adventure Details Apr 3, 2012, 22:29 Icewind

Notch: Aspie space adventures.  

News Comments > Confessions of an EA Viral Marketer?
22. Re: Confessions of an EA Viral Marketer? Mar 29, 2012, 06:20 Icewind

This isn't shocking, since Atari got caught doing it too:

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/drivergate_returns/

It's a shame that so many young people in this hobby think it's okay to accept things like forced DRM, on disc DLC and poor quality asurance & testing. They white knight companies like EA and think of us as washed up malcontents or that we are just "entitled".

The proof is right there on reddit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2012, 20:40 Icewind

You shouldn't need to make a major deal out of a bit of dead bone. I had an extraction lately (Second to last tooth on the left side, was filled years ago but split open and had to be taken out) and pieces are coming out of it like mad. I can easily nudge them out with my tongue, but one piece wouldn't move so I went to the dentist and he just grabbed some pliers, cranked the piece out, shoved some gauze in my mouth and let me go on my way. Took all of....3 minutes.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Gold
6. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 21:37 Icewind

Alamar wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 20:54:
And the people rejoiced...

Was just looking at some M&M games (6-8) myself... Tempting...

-Alamar

With a name like Alamar, no wonder you want Might & Magic games. I do too. (Though more like M&M3-5)

This game is much more like Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master though. Stonekeep, if you don't mind that game sucking.

Really looking forward to it and hope it takes off.

News Comments > Linux and OS X Wasteland 2 Funded
8. Re: Linux and OS X Wasteland 2 Funded Mar 23, 2012, 16:13 Icewind

Carcifier wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 15:55:
They're obviously not going to use a triple AAA engine. It's a top down perspective. As far as I know, it might not even be 3D accelerated. I'm sure they're going to use something that already exists. Possibly a "open" engine, I'm guessing.

The point is, the emphasis does not appear to be on visuals, at least not cutting edge ones.

I would expect Icewind Dale, slightly modernized. How could you expect more with the money they've got to work with?

The music should be good. The writing should be good. The gameplay will hopefully be good.

Infinity Engine era graphics? I'm *very* cool with that.

Personally, I believe the Infinity Engine should have went open source and a toolkit should have been made available so people could use it for their own games without limitation.

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
9. Re: Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase" Mar 19, 2012, 21:13 Icewind

Loving the comments here so far. Glad everyone is waking up to this. I walked away from BioWare back when they released Mass Effect 2, which was an absolute piece of crap in every way, shape and form.

DA2 was just the icing on the stink-cake.

They are, like Ubisoft before them, on my shit-list.

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
66. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 13, 2012, 20:14 Icewind

Enjoy seeing my name in the credits.  

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
52. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 21:25 Icewind

Creston wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 17:40:
I quite enjoyed Crysis 2, to be honest. It wasn't as good as Farcry, but I thought it definitely was better paced than the original Crysis. I'm pretty excited to see what they do next.

Creston

You just lost all your rights as a gamer by admitting that.

Holy fuck you're an easily amused prick.

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
9. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 9, 2012, 21:57 Icewind

I doubt anyone remembers, but back in the old B.net community, I remember when it was announced that Diablo 2 would have a PvP toggle and that you could only PK players who had it effectively "turned on" and everyone shit a brick in Ogden's Tavern.

Still cracks me up to this day. A lot of the old farts stayed in D1, thankfully. Or moved to Ultima Online.

Diablo 3 looks like shit more and more every day though. It's like an inferior version of Torchlight.

I'd rather get Torchlight 2 or Grim Dawn. Both are basically what the gaming public expected Diablo 3 to be anyway.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
65. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 20:39 Icewind

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 20:08:
Anyone who thinks that Steam hasn't been a tremendous boon to the PC gaming market is either blind or intentionally dense. Since Steam was created, we've seen huge growth in the digital distribution market. Enough that publishers have started paying attention to PC gaming again. With the retail market shrinking, many games would not have been made if it weren't for digital distribution. This applies to both indie and big-budget games.

Honestly, the best post I've seen on this site in the decade+ I've been here.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
136. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 16, 2012, 10:15 Icewind

InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 06:32:
I have stopped caring about Bioware games ever since the Dragon Age 2 fiasco. To each his own, but Im skipping their games unless they somehow manage to repeat the Dragon Age 1 success. (From a pure gameplay/fun factor perspective)

Same here. Dragon age 2 killed every ounce of respect I had for them. That game was so cut-and-paste, so empty, so soulless and simplified, consolized and mainstreamed that if that is their idea of the future, I want no part of it.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 15, 2012, 21:57 Icewind

More proof that Facebook is the root of all evil.  

1393 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo