Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1496 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SSI Vets form TSI
6. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 8, 2014, 16:48 Icewind

ldonyo wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 16:25:
Awesome! I still have a bunch of my gold box games and associated decoder wheels, manuals and hint books. I also have my "Ultimate RPG Collection", which had 9 classic D&D CRPG games from the DOS days. OI got that back when CDs were still new tech and games still came on a slew of 3.5" floppies more often than not.

I had a guy I knew offer me a lot of money for that book. I bought the archives back in 1997 and it's still one of my favorite PC gaming possessions.

I grew up on the goldbox games (C64) and they always have had a place in my heart. I still have the Pool of Radiance box w/ manual and wheel sitting in my desk. I used to take pics of it and post it online just to get people to drool.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Casey Hudson Departs BioWare
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2014, 23:10 Icewind

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 23:01:
NegaDeath wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 21:04:
I wonder if his resignation letter was on red, blue or green paper.
I'm pretty sure it will also include liberal use of the "awesome button."

And was written by Jennifer Hepler, who complained that Casey wanted to, quote, "find her family and kill her"

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2014, 13:05 Icewind

The one good thing about Sacred 3 is people are finally listening to me on the forums when I tell them to check out Unbended instead.

I was on there 2 months ago telling them to go there and see the "real" Sacred 3, made by the original developers, but no one gave a crap.

Now everyone is talking about it/linking it.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced
6. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 13:18 Icewind

I'm hoping I don't have to rearrange the layout of my Marauder's skill tree too much this time.

Planning out all 80+ of my passive skill choices at once is kinda tiresome.

News Comments > Path of Exile Comic
4. Re: Path of Exile Comic Jul 30, 2014, 16:28 Icewind

I just play the game solo and grind/loot hunt as I did for ten years with Diablo 2. Feels like I'm the only one not doing this league stuff. Like the first poster, I'm more into the story and the dungeoneering.  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 29, 2014, 22:58 Icewind

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 22:25:
Listen to Polygon! Bow down now and just let EA do whatever the fuck it wants to! Do not speak out against it, do not vote with your wallet, just shut up and accept it. It's the Polygon way!

What a useless bunch of cuntcones.

Polygon is a piece of shit. I can't believe they still exist, considering everything they post is clickbait or an anger troll.

As for the topic, I really wish there was a way to permanently BUY a lot of the games I get...but there isn't.

Risen 3? No boxed version. Trails in the Sky for PC? Nope. Divinity Original sin? Not unless you Kickstarter pledged high enough. Shadowrun Returns? We're finally getting one with the Dragonfall DC, at last.

Point is, very few games are given boxed releases. Some of those that do are actually just discs with instructions to install Steam and download it from there (Borderlands 2, Fear 2, etc)

I'm not bitter, really, just wish people would stop acting like we have a choice in the matter anymore.

News Comments > Borderlands Removes SecuROM; Multiplayer to Return
3. Re: Borderlands Removes SecuROM; Multiplayer to Return Jul 28, 2014, 22:50 Icewind

Sweet. May reinstall it and see how active the MP becomes.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 27, 2014, 22:50 Icewind

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 18:10:
Personally I feel ripped off buying Divinity: Original Sin. I just do not see what people are raving about. Even the kids thought it was hokie. Funny thing is I do like rpg games too.

Trying to compare this game to Baldur's gate series is a travesty, those games, old as they are, were much better than this game.

Having beat it finally just a week ago and spending a good 80 hours on it, I can see where people wouldn't like it and would prefer BG. BG is a simpler, more friendly CRPG that doesn't beat you over the head for making mistakes. I've gone through BG2 at least a dozen times in my life and each time I do the same thing: Cast haste, open with a fireball, cast defensive harmony, and let the AI win for me...and this is on Hard, not core rules. They're easy games with no real strategy except Haste+DH+FB+Whirlwind=WIN. That's it.

Original Sin requires a lot of subtlety. You need different magics. You need debuffs. You need status effects. You need special items for special enemies. You need a marksman who can use special arrows to debilitate enemies. It's crazy sometimes.

Original Sin is a lot like ToEE. It's brutal, but lovely at the same time.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
12. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 19:32 Icewind

Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 19:25:
Slick wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 19:08:
Still, Crysis 1 is one of the best classic FPS games ever made.
The only way I could agree with that is if I was young enough to not have grown up playing Doom, Duke3D, Quake, HL2..hell even Farcry 1

Oddly enough, I responded to this after just leaving a GZDOOM session. But yeah, Crysis was not a classic. It survived two trips on my PC and some mild multiplayer before scrapping it. Crysis 2 didn't even last one trip. Figured they were so plain vanilla and devoid of anything new that I never bothered with the 3rd.

There are classic modern FPS's out there, like Stalker, Metro Last Light and the original Painkiller, but Crysis was never more than a benchmarking utility.

Call me callous and douchey, which I am, but I'm glad Crytek is floundering. They were very antagonistic towards their community and PC gaming as a whole, only coming back to us after Crysis 2 flopped and they had that big presentation about the tesselation/DX11 patch. Too little, too late.

Let them burn.

News Comments > 2K's BioShock Tease?
11. Re: 2K's BioShock Tease? Jul 24, 2014, 13:04 Icewind

Task wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:27:
Come on just do system shock 3 already. Enough of the linear roller coaster bioshocks.

EA owns the rights. If and when they do a SS3, be prepared for the kind of loving treatment they apply to all of their acquired properties.

News Comments > Risen 3 Goes Back to Piranha Bytes' Roots
1. Re: Risen 3 Goes Back to Piranha Bytes' Roots Jul 23, 2014, 18:53 Icewind

I was actually convinced of this when I heard they had 3 real factions this time. They have 3 distinct factions, not two that are the same or only mildly different.

I wish the forums would be convinced. The Steam forums for this game are full of more bitching then a PMS support group.

News Comments > Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House
18. Re: Areal Fundraising Resumes In-House Jul 23, 2014, 17:25 Icewind

Creators of Stalker? Wasn't it revealed that very few of these guys were on GSC's team and those that were just happened to be there in the very early stages and left years before the release candidate was even ready to be burned to discs?

If anyone company is "the creator of stalker" out there, it's Vostok or 4A.

This whole mess caused me to reinstall Metro Last Light. God that game is good, even if it is linear.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
6. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed Jul 22, 2014, 18:16 Icewind

They need the extra few weeks to tighten up that riveting romance dialog they are so famously known for.  

News Comments > Areal Kickstarter Suspended
16. Re: Areal Kickstarter Suspended Jul 22, 2014, 14:43 Icewind

The site I work for had me covering this Kickstarter from the start. I never had so much fun writing up pieces than I did for this. Going to be sad to see it go simply because it was such an insane joke.

Maybe after what happened to Yogscast they are going extra hard on these questionable projects. I hope so.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name
15. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Gives Up, Changes Name Jul 22, 2014, 00:28 Icewind

They gave up because PC gaming failed? Wait, what????

From where I'm sitting, it looks like PC Gaming is (and has been) moving way beyond console gaming. Just open up a Steam account. Or a GOG account. OR Desura. OR, well, you get the picture. PC gaming is incredibly healthy and the recent indie surge and Kickstarter successes (The non-scam ones, anyway) have proven that.

We don't need a PC Gaming Alliance. The platform is healthier than ever, and this is speaking as a guy who has been gaming on the PC since the DOS days.

News Comments > Areal Funded; Putin a Backer?
12. Re: Areal Funded; Putin a Backer? Jul 20, 2014, 15:06 Icewind

I can't believe the developers fell for the troll who is trying to mock them.  

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
14. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 16:33 Icewind

raVen wrote on Jul 19, 2014, 16:07:
Original iD is dead.
John Carmack, John Romero, Tom Hall, and Adrian Carmack have nothing to do with the company any longer.
Now it's just an IP horse that Zenimax is going to beat to death.

Hardcore iD fans already know this Zenimax, I for one don't care about your upcoming games.

Pretty much this here.

Also, the comment in the article about them not wanting it nitpicked to death, that's just so god damn ignorant. I've noticed in this age of the indie studio a lot of AAA+ developers moan and whine a lot more about fan reactions. I think they all have small wiener syndrome and are jealous that there are people doing what they want to do and doing it better with a much better reaction from the fanbase.

Fine, keep the video to yourself. Let's hope whatever you pull out of your rear end for the Fallout 4 demo this Spike Game Awards is decent enough to con a million or so shmucks into buying it.

News Comments > Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes
15. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 18, 2014, 15:30 Icewind

I'm shocked it took them this long to fix a fundamental flaw with one of the most basic and crucial weapon types. I mean, good for them they finally got around to it, but to think an entire class of weaponry, a rather popular and base one, was broken to a major extent? If this was Late 90s Blizzard they would have been on this pronto.

Of course, then the server would be laggy as ****.

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
6. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 16, 2014, 21:44 Icewind

I actually don't mind this, since I don't have to buy it. Cheat DLC like this is just for folks who suck at the game, and I can avoid it entirely by just RTFM and learning how to properly play.

What bothers me is their DLC for Grid 2, which required you to buy it to get the remaining 50% of the content they cut from the main game.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 15, 2014, 21:38 Icewind

I can't wait for the new recruitable NPCs they are planning. Lar said they were shooting for an October release, where they plan on adding two new party members.

1496 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo