Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1471 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interviews
5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interviews Nov 21, 2010, 19:40 Icewind

I don't see Duke Nukem really becoming as big as it once was. The game is making those Halo-esque design compromises that the old fans aren't going to put up with.

Regenerating health? No Boot melee attack? I think they even said you can only carry 2 weapons at a time.

I'm waiting until the demo goes public and I can try it before I pre-order it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
1. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 21, 2010, 14:31 Icewind

Not even The Witcher can stop CODBLOPS.  

News Comments > More Mass Effect Clues
11. Re: More Mass Effect Clues Nov 20, 2010, 02:33 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 20, 2010, 01:49:
Anyone who watches the "VGAs" deserves to die.

Literally.

Normally I'd scoff at a person's pessimism and call them out for elitism...

but in this case you're right.

I watched it last year out of curiosity and wish I hadn't. It was like watching G4.

News Comments > EA on OnLive
6. Re: EA on OnLive Nov 20, 2010, 00:48 Icewind

I say it again:

Never going to work.

On a related note, I ordered a new Nvidia 580gtx today.

OnLive users, good luck with that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2010, 19:06 Icewind

Lady Dong?

OH lawdy.

News Comments > Two Worlds II Patch
8. Re: Two Worlds II Patch Nov 19, 2010, 19:03 Icewind

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 19, 2010, 16:33:
Patch.. wait, what?! How did I miss this game being shipped already? *shocked & excited*

You didn't miss anything. The NA release was held back until January because of Fallout NV and Gothic 4. Though all other territories have the game already.

What sucks for them is that most people have either imported or pirated the EU release (Like I did) and they are going to lose even more sales due to their idiotic fears.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Extended
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Extended Nov 18, 2010, 23:37 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 22:13:
FREE TRIAL!!!! (after you buy the game for $50)!!!!!!

I know 12 million people disagree with me, but MMOs should either cost $50 to "buy" and then have DLC or be free to download and then cost a monthly fee. They should never cost money to "buy" and then cost more money monthly.

Give it about 3-4 years and every single MMO will be following that rule.

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed Again
7. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Again Nov 18, 2010, 19:28 Icewind

Ventura wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 19:24:
I should be ashamed, but I still haven't played the first, despite having added it to my Steam account back when they were giving it away for free.

I know, I know... I'll get around to it

Haven't gotten around to finishing a 2-3 hour game?

News Comments > DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com
25. Re: DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com Nov 18, 2010, 18:27 Icewind

I'm going to a lot of sites where people are saying this is a mistake (Like on Shacknews, for one) and I don't see how this can be seen as anything but good. DRM protects nobody and doing away with it completely will actually gain you sales from folks like me who want to support the idea.

Well, that and I was buying Witcher 2 anyway.

News Comments > PC Fable 3 Not Dead
11. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 18, 2010, 00:56 Icewind

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 23:34:
Fable 2 was a better game anyways.

Yeah, but even by basic RPG standards it was still a steaming shit pile. It made Oblivion look deep and challenging, which is a monumental feat.

Also I hate all the PETA crap. Best part was when your dog died. I clapped during that scene.

I only wish I could have killed it myself right after I started the game.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
7. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Nov 17, 2010, 18:39 Icewind

Overon wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 17:55:
Ant wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 15:37:
Hmm, nothing big for Windows XP and new icons (AMD instead of ATI).
Yeah some places it says amd catalyst or amd graphics and other places during the install says ati catalyst.

They should have just kept the ATI name. Even though its all under the same umbrella most people simply know "ATI". This silly half and half branding their doing just looks retarded.

That being said, I want the 6 series. Now.

News Comments > VGA Nominees
7. Re: VGA Nominees Nov 17, 2010, 18:34 Icewind

The best RPG category always makes me laugh. It's obvious no one there even knows what an RPG is. Fable 3? The train-wreck known as FF13?

How about Resonance of Fate? Mount & Blade Warband? Arc Rise Fantasia? Divinity 2? Hell you could even put Breath of Death 7 in there simply for trying something hilariously new (sort of).

As always, the awards are a joke.

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Xbox DLC Announced
28. Re: Fallout New Vegas Xbox DLC Announced Nov 17, 2010, 14:30 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 14:25:

If the game was a GFWL title then for all intents and purposes it would be DRM-free again

LOL

That's cute. You think GFWL isn't a form of DRM.

teeheeee....

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas Xbox DLC Announced
27. Re: Fallout New Vegas Xbox DLC Announced Nov 17, 2010, 14:29 Icewind

^mortis^ wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 13:32:

Regardless, the PC version has more FREE DLC content that the XBOX/PS3 will ever see: they're called Mods.

^m^

^THIS

See, I'm not too excited over this mod. It sounds stupid. Why bother with half-assed DLC that probably costs ten bucks for 2 hours of gameplay when Falloutnexus has given me a few dozen mods to play with for free?

If anything, I feel sorry for the console kiddies since they are stuck with vanilla FO:NV, just like they were stuck with vanilla Oblivion and FO3.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 17, 2010, 01:08 Icewind

Ms Essentials isn't a bad anti-virus, but I didn't care for it. It's certainly less of a resource hog than AVG/McAfee/Symantec, but I still think Avast is the best of the bunch.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 17, 2010, 01:06 Icewind

Boutique PC makers are a complete rip-off. It isn't even the high price markup either (I built a PC for $2960 that, when configured on Falcon NW's site cost approximately $6100), it's the fact that most of the people working at these places don't know shit about building.

I remember I bought a VoodooPC back around '04. Got the thing 2 months after ordering it, and he not only had both ATI and Nvidia drivers installed (I had an nvidia 6800gtx in it) but he installed an incompatible bios for my mobo. Had to redo the whole system.

Had some run-ins with Alienware and Micron, but not as bad as that.

News Comments > Yar's Revenge Remake
3. Re: Yar's Revenge Remake Nov 17, 2010, 01:01 Icewind

I hope they don't make the same mistake as that other 2600 remake, Haunted House.

19.99 for that? A total rip-off, and looking at the boards I'm not the only one who thinks so.

News Comments > Witcher 2 Dated, CE
7. Re: Witcher 2 Dated, CE Nov 17, 2010, 01:00 Icewind

Bumpy wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 23:17:
May the beasts of hell chew and spit this game out if it excretes but one drop of consolitus within its bowels!!!!

It might. CD Projekt has said they want to bring it to consoles. I fully expect some dumbing down. It's bad enough that this brown dome appears over you and your enemies when you're attacked. It looks silly.

That being said, I want the game but I'm not paying over twice as much for some paper garbage.

I'll stick with my digital version on steam, thanks.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Explanations
17. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Explanations Nov 16, 2010, 15:34 Icewind

This just proves that, as I've said before here and elsewhere, the Japanese cannot make RPGs.

Oh, they had their time. The problem is that it isn't 1992 anymore and we aren't limited to the SNES or a Genesis. Times have changed and they never changed their design philosophy to go along with it. Now they are simply paying the price.

FF13 was in the bargain bin a week after release in Japan. Anyone with common sense can see that their castle is crumbling. Granted, it'll take a long time to collapse due to their name recognition and bottomless wallets, but the market will eventually correct itself and they'll be either forced to do a full rethink of their game design practices or be put out of business.

News Comments > C64 RPG Newcomer Nears
9. Re: C64 RPG Newcomer Nears Nov 16, 2010, 02:19 Icewind

I actually still own my Commodore 64, but the Disk Drive is dead.

Also, wasn't it LOAD "*", 8, 1?

I remember half my games were pirated and I'd be greeted with the familiar Eaglesoft crack group logo and the awesome chiptune music that played differently in each game.

Staying up until midnight playing Pool of Radiance, getting introduced to Ultima 3, playing Infocom games and thinking they were the most interactive a game could possibly get.

Time to bust out the emulator again.

1471 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo