Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1490 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight II Interview
7. Re: Torchlight II Interview Jan 7, 2011, 16:39 Icewind

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 13:08:
I wonder if they're ever going to honor their "You buy the sp game now, and we'll give you the MMO one for free" promise.

Because I get the strange feeling that they've conveniently forgotten about that.

Creston

Actually, They said the Torchlight MMO was going to be a F2P (Free to play) game, so you're actually still kinda right.

I don't know when, but around last fall PCGamer had an article in their magazine where a Torchlgiht dev said in an interview with them that they would fund the MMO through microtransactions. They then asked him if it would be silly things like hats and boots, but he claimed to not subscribe to that way of thinking and swore the items would be of worth and value.

I don't believe it, to be honest, but at least the MMO will be F2P. Do some digging in last year's PCgamer mags and you'll see the interview. Was around fall.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Puzzle Already Cracked
9. Re: Skyrim Puzzle Already Cracked Jan 7, 2011, 16:33 Icewind

Sounds to me that someone at Bethesda was playing too much Divinity 2 Ego Draconis back in 2009. Watch...we'll probably be able to turn into a dragon and fly around the world.

That actually wouldn't be too bad either. Though I loved Divinity 2, I felt the dragon form was under-utlized.

This "Dragonborn" is obviously the main character. Looks like we're fighting the Akaviri after all.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V's New Language
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls V's New Language Jan 6, 2011, 22:44 Icewind

Bethesda is just so proud and acting so smug about this game...

Right now, I just want to see some gameplay. Until I see that the engine isn't an ugly piece of shit the way the previous TES game was, I'll expect Skyrim to be hideous.

It's still going to be console first, just like FO3 and and TES4. Due to that, I'm not expecting anything grandiose.

I'll be busy playing Crysis 2 and Witcher 2.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
37. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 19:15 Icewind

Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 18:46:

I guess because it's only a month old. I just saw my first Facebook notification about it today... Blocked! Potential wall spam averted.

Or because it's a casual game meant for kiddies and idiots.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Angry Birds Jan 5, 2011, 21:13 Icewind

SirKnight wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 20:53:
Cool! I have this for my iPod touch, iPad and Android 2.2 phone. It's a very good game. These guys have made a ton of money on this.

Let me guess.

You're 35, have 2 kids and think gaming is "super fun".

This game, like you, is a pimple on the hobby's rear end.

News Comments > Minecraft Nears 1 Million Sales, New Mine OS
12. Re: Minecraft Nears 1 Million Sales, New Mine OS Jan 4, 2011, 14:08 Icewind

Minecraft introduces a new concept in gaming, something that other game developers will be rushing to adopt. It's called game play. catering to poor people that can't afford a decent PC to play modern games on.

Fix'd that for you.

News Comments > Morrowind Graphical Project
11. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 14:06 Icewind

eeeewwwwww.....the models are still unchanged.

The updated world graphics just make the models look even worse.

News Comments > Recettear Sells 100K, Worldwide Chantelise Announced
6. Re: Recettear Sells 100K, Worldwide Chantelise Announced Jan 3, 2011, 17:40 Icewind

Chantelise has been out in Europe, in english no less, for a couple of years. I'm wondering if he used that translation or if he started from scratch. I asked that question elsewhere but never got an answer.

Also, Chantelise is more about combat and item collecting than anything else. It's basically a large dungeon hack with funny dialog and cute graphics. You can even unlock a special post game dungeon that goes down 60 floors with some rough bosses waiting for you.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Relaxed?
36. Re: Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Dec 31, 2010, 22:56 Icewind

Jerykk wrote on Dec 31, 2010, 18:05:
steam was always a much bigger problem for me, and that's the reason I haven't bought anything on steam for over a year and aren't planning to get anything on there anywhere in the future.

Steam doesn't pause your games if you lose your connection.

Not only that, but steam doesn't even require you to be online. I run several games on my downstairs PC under the same account I use for my two upstairs desktops and I don't even have that one connected to my router. I just open up steam and run the game all in offline mode.

That's why I laugh when people say Steam is unfair or restrictive (Some foolish people do, believe it or not). Their system is so easy to bend and manipulate it's basically like it doesn't even exist.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Relaxed?
35. Re: Ubisoft DRM Relaxed? Dec 31, 2010, 22:53 Icewind

I'll be honest, I almost bought this on steam when it was on sale this week. Thing is, I have a spotty connection and there was no way I'd put up with getting knocked out of an offline game because my signal dropped for 5 minutes.

Remove the DRM and I'd get it when it's on sale for 20 bucks.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum on Steam
13. Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum on Steam Dec 28, 2010, 01:15 Icewind

NWN2 only really had 3 problems:

#1: Even now, after dozens of patches, it runs like crap.

#2: The official campaign is hideously bad. Zehir wasn't very good either, to be honest. (MotB, on the other hand, was a nice planescape-inspired throwback.)

#3: Support for the game has always been very, very bad. Rob McGinnis was infamous for going on long tirades spanning several threads, threatening people IRL and flying off the handle for no reason. He finally "resigned" but the damage was done...their board's support forum was atrocious.

News Comments > English Precursors and Xenus 2 Released
10. Re: English Precursors and Xenus 2 Released Dec 25, 2010, 20:35 Icewind

Looks good, but I'd rather have them on Steam.

Put them on Steam and it's a go. Otherwise? No.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2010, 19:06 Icewind

Rattlehead wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 13:38:
My hatred for the NFL rises each year, from stupid penalty calls for celebrating a touchdown, to letting Michael Vick back in after parcipitating in something so heinous,

Big Ben raping an underage girl isn't as bad?

Donte Stallworth shooting a man isn't as bad?

Come on. For me, killing dogs ranks a lot lower than those two things.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2010, 19:02 Icewind

McNabb was a good guy who took undeserved abuse? Clearly whoever wrote that didn't watch the Eagles over the past 10 years. Mcnabb was overrated and had the absolute worst attitude of any player I've seen on this team in the past 28 years I've been watching it.

Mcnabb was hated by Eagles fans for many reasons, but chief among them was his attitude towards failure.

Mcnabb throws an INT? He smiled for the camera.

Mcnabb loses in the 4th quarter? He strums the air guitar and smiles for the camera.

Mcnabb has a panic attack in the superbowl and throws up twice on the field? He says Terell Owens was at fault.

You know, there was a big bust-up at the Eagles official website back when Jeff Garcia played for us, and someone made the discovery that (at the time) Jeff Garcia had slightly better lifetime stats than Mcnabb. It caused a lot of chaos, primarily because he had a good point. Mcnabb was overrated, and as much as I hate Rush, Mr. Limbaugh was right. Donovan was overrated. Plus he had a bad attitude and didn't care about the team or his fans...

He only cared about money.

Washington is finding this out now.

Before you people jump on the "OMG EAGLES R NEW RAIDERS! ALL THUGS!" B.S., you should know what's going on with our team before you say that.

But I know the real reason the Eagles are getting all this hate. Even beyond the PETA stuff with Vick, it's that Philly teams are quickly becoming winners.

Who has the best record in the NHL?

Who has the best four pitchers in the MLB on their roster?

Who has the NFL's most likely MVP this year?

Be jealous. It just makes me laugh.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delay
18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delay Dec 16, 2010, 13:55 Icewind

Bumpy wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 11:41:
i.e. no consolitus.

You haven't been following the game at all, have you?

It reeks of it already.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delay
17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Delay Dec 16, 2010, 13:54 Icewind

Isn't this exactly what Obsidian and Sega said about Alpha Protocol?

History repeating itself.

News Comments > Elemental Patched
12. Re: Elemental Patched Dec 15, 2010, 19:34 Icewind

Elemental was my first Stardock game, and I bought it at launch. Guess how I feel about them?

It was my first and last game from Wardell & company and I regret wasting money on a boxed version. Master of Magic it was not.

News Comments > On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle
19. Re: On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle Dec 15, 2010, 04:00 Icewind

THANK YOU STEAM!

I had been waiting for Metro 2033 to go on sale again, since I missed last month's sale when my Video Card combusted and my rig was out of commission for two weeks.

I always wanted to try it but didn't feel 40 bucks was a "Safe" price for a game that I heard was awfully linear and imbalanced (Just going by what I read on forums).

For 10 bucks though, I'm willing to take that risk. Heck, I bought Mount and Blade for $10 and L4D2 for $5, is anyone even making money off of these deals or should I feel guilty?

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 13, 2010, 13:50 Icewind

There's nothing on my Christmas list because there's nothing out. All of the games I wanted were pushed back this year for the same god damn reason they were last year: A new CoD game scared the publishers away from the holiday release date.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced Dec 12, 2010, 17:16 Icewind

Jerykk wrote on Dec 12, 2010, 17:13:
Bethesda has confirmed that Skyrim will be using an all-new engine.

http://twitter.com/nickbreckon/status/14015054991069184

Thanks for quoting what I already read in the article.

I still don't buy it though. Until Todd Howard confirms it, this could just be a miscommunication.

It could also be them just HEAVILY tweaking the Gamebryo engine and passing it off as new. We all know the welfare kiddies on the consoles are the main platform and they need to get the engine running on 5 year old hardware.

1490 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo