Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1442 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > ArcaniA - Gothic 4 Patches
4. Re: ArcaniA - Gothic 4 Patches Nov 24, 2010, 00:59 Icewind

I played up until the end of the 2nd Island (There are 3 islands, apparently). Was around the mid 20s, level-wise. Even after all of that work I really didn't want to play it ever again. I made the mistake of buying it day-one on Steam and regret that purchase.

Horrible game. Even if it wasn't a Gothic sequel I'd still say that. It has no soul, no uniqueness, no "fun". It's just an RPG-by-the-numbers. So plain vanilla and boring.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
39. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 14:45 Icewind

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 14:30:
finga wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 13:36:
Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 13:07:
TES series has always sucked IMO.
Thanks! Keep us updated on this important announcement!

A lot of other people think it sucks too. So yeah, it is important if Bethsoft wants to sell more copies. I can see why you're not their business manager.

The popular opinion amongst anyone with more than 15 years of PC gaming experience isn't that TES sucks, but that it has become watered down over the past couple of sequels. Just take one look at Daggerfall and then look at TES3/4. You see a downward spiral full of missing features and console compromises. Sure, you can just reply with "Yeah, but Daggerfall was buggy", but aren't all Bethesda games inherently broken?

The point is they have reconfigured TES to be a console RPG. No doubt TES5 will be even more watered down and simplistic than TES4. Since they ditched unarmored and medium armor skills, maybe in TES5 they'll ditch them altogether and you'll just have one overriding "armor proficiency" skill. I bet the slope-heads would just adore that.

News Comments > CD Projekt vs Piracy
22. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 23:54 Icewind

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:48:
Icewind wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:45:
Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:43:
Except that no one can actually qualify those numbers.

Spend 5 years in the "Scene" and you'd realize it's the truth.

Five years isn't exactly a long time in the piracy scene and doesn't back up anything you claimed regardless.

Especially since the modern torrent-powered part of the scene hasn't even been around for a decade yet. (Summer of 2001 would have been when the protocol was first developed)

I know many of the people in these groups personally, and the vast majority of them don't even play the games they release/crack/download. They just love collecting them.

You may be a shut-in with 5K posts on this site within 2 years time, but you know nothing of the internet.

19. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 23:45 Icewind

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:43:
Except that no one can actually qualify those numbers.

Spend 5 years in the "Scene" and you'd realize it's the truth.

17. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 23:41 Icewind

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:35:
I'm not saying that I agree with CDP's position here. I think the RIAA has proven that suing pirates does nothing to solve the ultimate problem. But until people have a better solution that isn't simply "release it and accept that 75% of people will steal it from you", I don't know what you expect.

Those 75% of gamers who "steal" it would have never bought it anyway.

You've obviously never been in any of these private torrent tracker communities. The vast majority are hoarders/collectors that just want large notebooks full of ripped ISOs for e-peen while the rest are trailer trash that can barely afford toothpaste and a stick of roll-on deodorant.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2010, 23:38 Icewind

Sepharo wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 18:59:
So you haven't played it?

I watch a lot of Minecraft videos and I've been playing the game for a few months or so now. It's great fun. I don't play it because it's a meme or something.

Well, if that's you in your avatar then it all makes sense.

8. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 22:48 Icewind

Looks like the other shoe dropped on this story.

How sad.

News Comments > OnLive Reviewed
50. Re: OnLive Reviewed Nov 22, 2010, 19:30 Icewind

If the reviewer could feel it with his 20mbps connection, I'm guessing my 3mbps connection isn't even possible.

Not that it matters since I have a very capable PC, but still. I don't know anyone around here, even out of the group I go and LAN with, that has a connection faster than 3mbps around here.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2010, 17:16 Icewind

I don't get the sudden explosion of Minecraft news and popularity. Sure it's a clever little diversion of a game and I give it credit for such a game being made by one man...but is it really so revolutionary?

It's getting "The portal effect" I think, where the game is popular due to it being more of a meme than a truly amazing game.

News Comments > Witcher 2 Preorder Response
29. Re: Witcher 2 Preorder Response Nov 22, 2010, 16:32 Icewind

Jerykk wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 15:19:
Icewind wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 15:04:
I can't wait till the sales figures of this game hit the web. Once 2011 is over I want every DRM using publisher to look at this game and ask themselves:

Is it worth it?

Unless it sells more than 3 million units, publishers won't care.

It could sell 50 million and they would still *pretend* like they don't care. The truth is they do, deep down. They see the writing on the wall and that's one of the reasons...

<tinfoilhat>one of the reasons why they conspire to move us all to consoles, so they can have more control over how, when and where we play our games.</tinfoilhat>

News Comments > Witcher 2 Preorder Response
20. Re: Witcher 2 Preorder Response Nov 22, 2010, 15:04 Icewind

I can't wait till the sales figures of this game hit the web. Once 2011 is over I want every DRM using publisher to look at this game and ask themselves:

Is it worth it?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interviews
5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interviews Nov 21, 2010, 19:40 Icewind

I don't see Duke Nukem really becoming as big as it once was. The game is making those Halo-esque design compromises that the old fans aren't going to put up with.

Regenerating health? No Boot melee attack? I think they even said you can only carry 2 weapons at a time.

I'm waiting until the demo goes public and I can try it before I pre-order it.

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
1. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 21, 2010, 14:31 Icewind

Not even The Witcher can stop CODBLOPS.  

News Comments > More Mass Effect Clues
11. Re: More Mass Effect Clues Nov 20, 2010, 02:33 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 20, 2010, 01:49:
Anyone who watches the "VGAs" deserves to die.

Literally.

Normally I'd scoff at a person's pessimism and call them out for elitism...

but in this case you're right.

I watched it last year out of curiosity and wish I hadn't. It was like watching G4.

News Comments > EA on OnLive
6. Re: EA on OnLive Nov 20, 2010, 00:48 Icewind

I say it again:

Never going to work.

On a related note, I ordered a new Nvidia 580gtx today.

OnLive users, good luck with that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2010, 19:06 Icewind

Lady Dong?

OH lawdy.

News Comments > Two Worlds II Patch
8. Re: Two Worlds II Patch Nov 19, 2010, 19:03 Icewind

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 19, 2010, 16:33:
Patch.. wait, what?! How did I miss this game being shipped already? *shocked & excited*

You didn't miss anything. The NA release was held back until January because of Fallout NV and Gothic 4. Though all other territories have the game already.

What sucks for them is that most people have either imported or pirated the EU release (Like I did) and they are going to lose even more sales due to their idiotic fears.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Extended
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Extended Nov 18, 2010, 23:37 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 22:13:
FREE TRIAL!!!! (after you buy the game for $50)!!!!!!

I know 12 million people disagree with me, but MMOs should either cost $50 to "buy" and then have DLC or be free to download and then cost a monthly fee. They should never cost money to "buy" and then cost more money monthly.

Give it about 3-4 years and every single MMO will be following that rule.

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed Again
7. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Again Nov 18, 2010, 19:28 Icewind

Ventura wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 19:24:
I should be ashamed, but I still haven't played the first, despite having added it to my Steam account back when they were giving it away for free.

I know, I know... I'll get around to it

Haven't gotten around to finishing a 2-3 hour game?

News Comments > DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com
25. Re: DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com Nov 18, 2010, 18:27 Icewind

I'm going to a lot of sites where people are saying this is a mistake (Like on Shacknews, for one) and I don't see how this can be seen as anything but good. DRM protects nobody and doing away with it completely will actually gain you sales from folks like me who want to support the idea.

Well, that and I was buying Witcher 2 anyway.

1442 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo