Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1432 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > On StarCraft II in Korea
2. removed Nov 27, 2010, 15:45 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 28, 2010, 13:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warface Officially Announced
9. Re: Warface Officially Announced Nov 27, 2010, 02:16 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 26, 2010, 21:01:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 26, 2010, 17:08:
Don't really understand why this is only being released in Asian countries. Maybe they're testing to see how popular it gets and how many people are willing to pay for the micro-transactions.

It's probably just that a worldwide simultaneous launch is too hard to pull off for the attention and budget of the project. If this is a success I would assume it will come to Western markets relatively quickly like oh so many MMOs.

Let's just hope Nexon America isn't the localization company, which is likely considering they do all localization for every Korean MMO.

If that's the case, I'm not touching it.

News Comments > Black Friday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Black Friday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2010, 18:12 Icewind

Second Life still exists?

Wow.

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
9. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 25, 2010, 21:48 Icewind

space captain wrote on Nov 25, 2010, 21:46:
true story: after daikatana tanked, romero got a mail order bride from russia and made her his bitch

Yeah, he had to because he's an ugly long haired freak.

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
8. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 25, 2010, 21:48 Icewind

Like the other two fellows in this thread, add me to the growing list of people that don't "get it".

I played it, was neat, but I don't see any long lasting fun to be had. It's basically a cross between Lego and Zelda, and it just doesn't do it for me. I think it's just the nostalgia everyone feels.

News Comments > Crytek on PCs versus Consoles
5. Re: Crytek on PCs versus Consoles Nov 25, 2010, 13:41 Icewind

Tumbler wrote on Nov 25, 2010, 13:31:
Until the PC market creates comparable revenues, companies are not going to spend enough on the PC SKU of a game.

I hope consoles don't evolve for at least another 5 years. I'm sick to death of games that only push better graphics each year.

Spoken like a true burger-flipper working for minimum wage.

Games need to push the envelope. Real gamers have the cash to buy each new step-up in video card technology and we don't need people like you clogging up the hobby.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
4. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Nov 25, 2010, 01:39 Icewind

Pigeon wrote on Nov 25, 2010, 01:16:
I played some in beta and I love how the new questing is. Much more pointed and direct to the story line. I actually felt like I was working towards advancing the story instead of guy who does random tasks for lazy farmers.

A storyline? In WoW?

Must be a new addition then because last time I was there a couple of years ago it had about as much "story" as the original Pac-Man did.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 18:51 Icewind

wtf_man wrote on Nov 24, 2010, 18:47:
I just picked up Risen after trying the demo... Downloading it from Steam right now... and no it's not on sale, Dammit! Apparently it was on sale (50% off) on the weekend of the 11th

Oh well.

Alpha Protocol is tempting... but there is no demo... and I really really hate shoulder-cam 3rd person... so without a demo I can't tell whether it's worth $7.50 to me or not.

If you want the Alpha Protocol experience but don't want to spend money on it, do the following:

Play Metal Gear Solid 4, and at the end of every level, pretend that you get to divvy up skill points.

Done.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2010, 16:20 Icewind

G4 - more gaming, less cops reruns.  

News Comments > New UDK Beta & Unreal Engine 3 Trailer
2. Re: New UDK Beta & Unreal Engine 3 Trailer Nov 24, 2010, 15:12 Icewind

Mature enough? This engine is decrepit. It's in need of being thrown in the middle of the street and shot.

UE3 wouldn't have been as big as it was if it wasn't for Cliffy B becoming a console lover.

News Comments > ArcaniA - Gothic 4 Patches
4. Re: ArcaniA - Gothic 4 Patches Nov 24, 2010, 00:59 Icewind

I played up until the end of the 2nd Island (There are 3 islands, apparently). Was around the mid 20s, level-wise. Even after all of that work I really didn't want to play it ever again. I made the mistake of buying it day-one on Steam and regret that purchase.

Horrible game. Even if it wasn't a Gothic sequel I'd still say that. It has no soul, no uniqueness, no "fun". It's just an RPG-by-the-numbers. So plain vanilla and boring.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor
39. Re: Elder Scrolls 5 Rumor Nov 23, 2010, 14:45 Icewind

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 14:30:
finga wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 13:36:
Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 13:07:
TES series has always sucked IMO.
Thanks! Keep us updated on this important announcement!

A lot of other people think it sucks too. So yeah, it is important if Bethsoft wants to sell more copies. I can see why you're not their business manager.

The popular opinion amongst anyone with more than 15 years of PC gaming experience isn't that TES sucks, but that it has become watered down over the past couple of sequels. Just take one look at Daggerfall and then look at TES3/4. You see a downward spiral full of missing features and console compromises. Sure, you can just reply with "Yeah, but Daggerfall was buggy", but aren't all Bethesda games inherently broken?

The point is they have reconfigured TES to be a console RPG. No doubt TES5 will be even more watered down and simplistic than TES4. Since they ditched unarmored and medium armor skills, maybe in TES5 they'll ditch them altogether and you'll just have one overriding "armor proficiency" skill. I bet the slope-heads would just adore that.

News Comments > CD Projekt vs Piracy
22. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 23:54 Icewind

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:48:
Icewind wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:45:
Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:43:
Except that no one can actually qualify those numbers.

Spend 5 years in the "Scene" and you'd realize it's the truth.

Five years isn't exactly a long time in the piracy scene and doesn't back up anything you claimed regardless.

Especially since the modern torrent-powered part of the scene hasn't even been around for a decade yet. (Summer of 2001 would have been when the protocol was first developed)

I know many of the people in these groups personally, and the vast majority of them don't even play the games they release/crack/download. They just love collecting them.

You may be a shut-in with 5K posts on this site within 2 years time, but you know nothing of the internet.

19. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 23:45 Icewind

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:43:
Except that no one can actually qualify those numbers.

Spend 5 years in the "Scene" and you'd realize it's the truth.

17. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 23:41 Icewind

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 23:35:
I'm not saying that I agree with CDP's position here. I think the RIAA has proven that suing pirates does nothing to solve the ultimate problem. But until people have a better solution that isn't simply "release it and accept that 75% of people will steal it from you", I don't know what you expect.

Those 75% of gamers who "steal" it would have never bought it anyway.

You've obviously never been in any of these private torrent tracker communities. The vast majority are hoarders/collectors that just want large notebooks full of ripped ISOs for e-peen while the rest are trailer trash that can barely afford toothpaste and a stick of roll-on deodorant.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2010, 23:38 Icewind

Sepharo wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 18:59:
So you haven't played it?

I watch a lot of Minecraft videos and I've been playing the game for a few months or so now. It's great fun. I don't play it because it's a meme or something.

Well, if that's you in your avatar then it all makes sense.

8. Re: CD Projekt vs Piracy Nov 22, 2010, 22:48 Icewind

Looks like the other shoe dropped on this story.

How sad.

News Comments > OnLive Reviewed
50. Re: OnLive Reviewed Nov 22, 2010, 19:30 Icewind

If the reviewer could feel it with his 20mbps connection, I'm guessing my 3mbps connection isn't even possible.

Not that it matters since I have a very capable PC, but still. I don't know anyone around here, even out of the group I go and LAN with, that has a connection faster than 3mbps around here.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 22, 2010, 17:16 Icewind

I don't get the sudden explosion of Minecraft news and popularity. Sure it's a clever little diversion of a game and I give it credit for such a game being made by one man...but is it really so revolutionary?

It's getting "The portal effect" I think, where the game is popular due to it being more of a meme than a truly amazing game.

News Comments > Witcher 2 Preorder Response
29. Re: Witcher 2 Preorder Response Nov 22, 2010, 16:32 Icewind

Jerykk wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 15:19:
Icewind wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 15:04:
I can't wait till the sales figures of this game hit the web. Once 2011 is over I want every DRM using publisher to look at this game and ask themselves:

Is it worth it?

Unless it sells more than 3 million units, publishers won't care.

It could sell 50 million and they would still *pretend* like they don't care. The truth is they do, deep down. They see the writing on the wall and that's one of the reasons...

<tinfoilhat>one of the reasons why they conspire to move us all to consoles, so they can have more control over how, when and where we play our games.</tinfoilhat>

1432 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo