Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1427 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Date Leak Follow-up
3. Re: Blizzard Date Leak Follow-up Dec 6, 2010, 23:50 Icewind

Milking milking milking...keep those cows ah-milkin'.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 6, 2010, 19:00 Icewind

I own both a launch DS and a launch PSP, and I've played the PSP much more lately. With Ys7, MGS: Peace Walker, Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 I've been pretty busy with it this year. Even more so than my main consoles and almost as much as my PC.

DS has been mainly a casual game machine with occasional hardcore CRPGs (Etrian Odyssey, DQ9).

I think if the PSP2 can give me some 8-10hr battery life instead of the shitty 4 hour life I get out of the PSP1000, then they have my money. Their screen is easier to see, the machine feels more natural and comfortable to hold and the games look a lot better as well.

News Comments > Minecraft Sales Milestone, Interview
13. Re: Minecraft Sales Milestone, Interview Dec 6, 2010, 02:09 Icewind

nin wrote on Dec 5, 2010, 20:12:
It's the kind of game where you have to make your own fun.

That's the best description I've read. You have to use your imagination a bit and want to create things and explore.

So in other words, you have to be autistic?

News Comments > Minecraft Sales Milestone, Interview
3. Re: Minecraft Sales Milestone, Interview Dec 5, 2010, 15:35 Icewind

|oR|jonvall wrote on Dec 5, 2010, 14:57:
That's close to 10 million dollars! Good for him! I tried this game again after initially not "getting it" and I still don't get it!

Maybe the paid game is different? I made a house....I carved out an awesome basement.....I dug way down and eventually flooded most of my basement by accident.....but somebody said something about hiding at night...well night didn't seem to come....so all I was left with was a flooded basement and a nice little house...WOOOPEEE!

I seriously seem to be missing something!

I don't either. Everyone I know at work plays this and talks about it at lunch and I'm completely lost. I've tried three times to get into it but I find it so incredibly boring. Maybe I'm not doing something in it that I need to be doing, but all you do is dig for minerals and build stuff.

Punching pigs for bacon and trees for wood just isn't very fun for me. It's like a really low-spec late 90s MMO. Just resource management and building things up. I don't get the attraction.

News Comments > Divinity II Patches
9. Re: Divinity II Patches Dec 4, 2010, 15:08 Icewind

dajunka wrote on Dec 4, 2010, 13:20:
The stutter in the game has been sorted out, I now get 60 fps solid with everything on full.

Might want to check that with FRAPs. They locked the framerate at 30.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2010, 18:01 Icewind

I say we just use implanted chips. If only to see the protests from all the whackjobs.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website
4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Viral Website Dec 1, 2010, 19:50 Icewind

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 19:43:
Wow, mega-negativity here. From everything we've seen, this game is embracing multiple paths, free-roaming environments, a detailed, grid-based inventory system with modifiable items, a fair amount of aug upgrades, vent-crawling, crate-stacking (and you can see through the crate when you pick it up), and so on, plus every third sentence out of their mouth is about how they're trying to be like the original Deus Ex. Pretty much the only substantial changes to the formula appear to be much improved graphics (I suppose I can live with that), 3rd person elements (worse than genocide), and a button you can hit to knock someone out instead of thwaking them with a baton. If sticking this close to the classic PC game is console bullshit then I wish ever game was full of console bullshit.

When you've spent 28 years playing computer games, you gain the ability to see through all the corporate bullshit and can smell a garbage game a mile away.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorders & Augmented Edition
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Preorders & Augmented Edition Dec 1, 2010, 00:15 Icewind

Whatever happened to Harvey "Witchboy" Smith anyway?

Collecting welfare yet?

News Comments > StarCraft II Bans
6. Re: StarCraft II Bans Nov 30, 2010, 22:41 Icewind

gilly775 wrote on Nov 30, 2010, 21:19:
StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 30, 2010, 21:12:
Yay for banning idiots from multiplayer.

Boo for that meaning they lose all access to the game after 30 days.

I don't think it's just MP. They were banning people for cheating in SP too.

That's just pathetic. You can't even run a few cheats in singleplayer? I had heard about that last time they banned people but couldn't believe it.

It's like ID banning you for using "idkfa".

Blizzard sure has changed since Activision dug their claws into them.

News Comments > Venetica in NA in January
4. Re: Venetica in NA in January Nov 30, 2010, 16:23 Icewind

The guys at the dtp forums have been talking about this for quite some time. Importers there have already said several times that it was one of the better action RPGs they've played in the past few years. Youtube videos show that it looks pretty good too.

Can't be worse than Arcania, so I'll give it a fair shot.

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem
13. Re: Amnesia Postmortem Nov 30, 2010, 14:36 Icewind

ASeven wrote on Nov 30, 2010, 11:38:
A niche game certainly but for me this is easily the game of the year. This is an unique experience though obviously you have to be a fan of the genre to fully enjoy it.

As for expanding to xbox, Zeno Clash devs even said their indie game sold a lot more on PC than on consoles. I fear it will be as StingingVelvet says, Frictional's fear of piracy will make them spend thousands on dev kits and then the game may not even sell half of what it sold on PC, bankrupting them.

Indie PC games genres do not tend to adapt well to consoles and vice-versa. Frictional is, I believe, doing a grave mistake since their games are very niche to start with and I think that niche is far bigger on the PC than on consoles. Hopefully they will think twice when they realize all the costs involved to make an indie game for the xbox, at least I hope they wait until they grow a bit more financially before taking the plunge. It's too early for them right now, they aren't that financially sound to risk a console title and its inherent costs.

Good riddance then. I'm getting sick of these companies running for the console as soon as they make a hit PC game. GSC Gameworld and CD Projekt are doing it (Or want to do it) and now Frictional is doing it. Let them burn, I say.

They don't understand that the low born, inbred, slope-headed troglodytes playing around with their plastic kiddie consoles aren't going to appreciate their games. They want gore, shit-tons of automatic weapons and leaderboards. Amnesia won't do a damn thing on the Xbox.

News Comments > Drakensang Online Announced
1. Re: Drakensang Online Announced Nov 29, 2010, 20:54 Icewind

The dtp forums had been talking about this for quite some time. This and another Drakensang game, some action RPG, were due to be released.

Shame they'll never come here. I just finished the second Drakensang game, River of Time, last month. Not a bad Dragon Age alternative.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch & Perks
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch & Perks Nov 29, 2010, 20:12 Icewind

Minneyar wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 19:16:
Haha damn, that's like the epitome of Square's problems right there. They do not get what players want at all.

Sometimes it feels like Square Enix is afraid of making players happy. Any time they do anything that would actually make FFXI or FFXIV more fun, they temper it with some caveat that ruins it. Want a special item for linking your accounts together? Sure, but it can only be used for a few minutes a day. Want a way in-game to keep track of crafting recipes? Sure, but only eight of them.

To anybody who has experience with other big MMORPGs, it's no surprise why FFXIV is tanking.

It's because Square is still stuck in the 90s. They think all people want are hitpoints and some dungeons. They don't realize that RPGs moved on and grew up...and left them behind.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2010, 16:31 Icewind

PHJF wrote on Nov 29, 2010, 15:57:

Steam is competitive when they launch their short, drastic price slashes on specific products, but for everyday purchases Steam falls flat on its face.

100% right.

I don't buy "at launch" games on Steam, but when it comes to older games I wasn't sure if I wanted, it's the first place I look.

Case in point: Metro 2033. Steam is selling it for 10.00 right now and I finally pulled the trigger and bought it. I had been eyeing the game at target for the past few months and the lowest it got to there was 29.99, still a bit too much for a game I wasn't sure I'd like.

But for 10 bucks? I'll bite.

News Comments > Splinter Cell 6 Revealed
11. removed Nov 27, 2010, 23:24 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 28, 2010, 13:46.

News Comments > On StarCraft II in Korea
2. removed Nov 27, 2010, 15:45 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 28, 2010, 13:43.

News Comments > Warface Officially Announced
9. Re: Warface Officially Announced Nov 27, 2010, 02:16 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 26, 2010, 21:01:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 26, 2010, 17:08:
Don't really understand why this is only being released in Asian countries. Maybe they're testing to see how popular it gets and how many people are willing to pay for the micro-transactions.

It's probably just that a worldwide simultaneous launch is too hard to pull off for the attention and budget of the project. If this is a success I would assume it will come to Western markets relatively quickly like oh so many MMOs.

Let's just hope Nexon America isn't the localization company, which is likely considering they do all localization for every Korean MMO.

If that's the case, I'm not touching it.

News Comments > Black Friday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Black Friday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2010, 18:12 Icewind

Second Life still exists?

Wow.

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
9. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 25, 2010, 21:48 Icewind

space captain wrote on Nov 25, 2010, 21:46:
true story: after daikatana tanked, romero got a mail order bride from russia and made her his bitch

Yeah, he had to because he's an ugly long haired freak.

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
8. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 25, 2010, 21:48 Icewind

Like the other two fellows in this thread, add me to the growing list of people that don't "get it".

I played it, was neat, but I don't see any long lasting fun to be had. It's basically a cross between Lego and Zelda, and it just doesn't do it for me. I think it's just the nostalgia everyone feels.

1427 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo