Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1466 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful
6. Re: Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful Jan 20, 2011, 23:36 Icewind

Drezden wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 21:32:
The file size for a demo alone for Rage would probably be ginormous, so I can't blame them.

Oh quit it already. Excuses excuses.

Next up you'll find an excuse for Carmack's thinning hair or why his teeth are getting yellow.

Get off of it. You don't need to White Knight the S.O.B. They sold out and were corrupted by their new taskmasters. Same as Bioware was with EA and Blizzard was with Activision.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty Shenanigan Allegations
12. Re: Call of Duty Shenanigan Allegations Jan 20, 2011, 19:41 Icewind

Bobby "Nodick" Kotick doesn't deserve any sympathy. As far as I'm concerned West and Zampella could poison his wife, run over his dog, give him AIDS, dump out his fish tank, burn his cat, slam into his car, bash out his windows and empty his bank account and I'd STILL take their side.

Human refuse is what he is.

News Comments > Mount & Blade - With Fire and Sword Announced
7. Re: Mount & Blade - With Fire and Sword Announced Jan 20, 2011, 18:49 Icewind

I bought Warband for 10 bucks last spring off of Steam, this time I won't mind paying full price.

More please.

News Comments > World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer
4. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 19, 2011, 23:48 Icewind

Bobby Nodick needs to use some shotgun mouthwash.  

News Comments > DRM-Free D&D RPGs
6. Re: DRM-Free D&D RPGs Jan 19, 2011, 23:46 Icewind

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2011, 22:17:
How about updating some more of the old SSI gold box games? That'd rock!

Why? You can run them easily in DOSbox and if you want visual updates just run it in an HQ filter.

And if you mean the controls you can do what I did and make a custom mapper for them in DOSbox that maps the keyboard commands to your controller. I went through the three Krynn games and Curse of the Azure bonds/Gateway to the Savage Frontier with that setup.

News Comments > DRM-Free D&D RPGs
5. Re: DRM-Free D&D RPGs Jan 19, 2011, 23:44 Icewind

entr0py wrote on Jan 19, 2011, 23:16:
Awesome. One question though. Weren't they DRM free to begin with?

Actually the original had something called "Laser lock" on it which was just a simple disc check. Later patches combined with a full install removed that requirement, however.

IWD 2 had a disc check too. I know because I removed it.

The rest I'm not entirely sure.

News Comments > No Dynamic Difficulty in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
44. Re: No Dynamic Difficulty in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jan 18, 2011, 16:54 Icewind

Trainwreck wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 16:49:

My main complaint is that it's all so much more advanced than Deus Ex. And I'm talking about core technologies...Gunther Hermann and Anna Navarre's augmentations where ghetto and they were portrayed as rustbuckets on the way out. Human Revolution's augs seem so much more capable than anything JC Denton or Alex D had, with the exception that the latter's was nanotech.

Admittedly, that's a big step, but again, Hermann and Navarre never exhibited anything close to what we're seeing in the Human Revolution trailers.

See, this is what bothers me the most. The only reason they're doing this is because it's "Fashionable" to do reboots or prequels. Also, they want to try to attract newbies to the series that don't want to or can't play the original game.

They should have just made this an "alternate ending" spin-off to DX1. Maybe have it where JC failed and Bob Page succeeded. That would have been infinitely more interesting than a prequel. It would have also made for one incredible cybernetic Bob Page fight at the end.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Engine Details Jan 17, 2011, 23:04 Icewind

Is their Radiant AI still going to be light years behind what was in 2003's Gothic 2?

It is?

Pathetic.

News Comments > CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo
65. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 16:11 Icewind

If Epic cared about the PC they wouldn't still be peddling around UE3 like it was state-of-the-art. Truth is, the same bottlenecks that hamper it on the consoles also hamper it on the PC. There is very little difference. Ever notice why the textures take so long to load in Bioshock both on the PC and the Xbox3-shitty?

Everytime a game uses UE3 I groan. Jesus, I'd rather them use IDtech 4 for christ's sake than use UE3. At least *that* engine knows how to properly cache assets and benefit from more than 2GB of RAM.

CliffyB couldn't care less about the PC. The only developers that do are over in Eastern Europe. Companies like Cd Projekt or GSC Gameworld.

That's sort of why I think there is a small, tiny, minuscule glimmer of hope with Bullet storm. People Can Fly is a Polish developer, and if they can recapture their Painkiller glory days they'll have a great shooter on their hands.

Sadly, in order to test this I'll have to play the demo on my PS3 and if it's good, buy it for my PC.

I guess developers would rather chase after redneck, trailer trash poor people who only own consoles than the affluent people like me who own top-of-the-line gaming rigs. Maybe I should buy a white tank top, drink some Pabst Blue Ribbon and take up chewing tobacco so I can be like the cool gamers.

News Comments > On PC Super Street Fighter IV
1. Re: On PC Super Street Fighter IV Jan 16, 2011, 14:47 Icewind

Naw, they already plan on it. They've always planned on it. The only reason they want it to look like there isn't any hope for a PC release is because they want PC gamers to "Cave-in" and buy the console version.

This was also done with Mass Effect 1. And Jade Empire. And Gears of War. And Fable 3....and you get the idea.

Capcom lost me as a customer when they pulled the "DLC on the Disc" trick. 2K did it with Bioshock 2 as well.

They must think gamers are very gullible.

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
43. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 15, 2011, 09:54 Icewind

GeneralAdmission wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 05:22:
Mark Rein:
"But I think thatís a myth that weíve abandoned the PC, itís just not true. I mean, Bulletstorm is coming out on three platforms;"

"And honestly I think Bulletstorm and UDK are firmly establishing us in the PC realm as still the big player there."

RPS source

Rein chuckled at Indie devs at a meeting last year because he found their love for their fans to be naive. The guy is a total douchebag.

No one at Epic is a PC Gamer. They are all console casual kiddies. I hope they come here and read this, because I'd love to invite them over and tell it to their casual*** faces. They are babies, plain and simple.

Real men don't play with joysticks, only ***s and women do.

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
42. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 15, 2011, 09:51 Icewind

There's no PC demo because they probably are worried about piracy. I know, it doesn't make a bit of sense but I after seeing securom installed on DEMOS, I'm beginning to think publishers are so paranoid they won't even let us touch 1/100th of the game's code without proper background checks, security codes, ID verifications and unhealthy doses of DRM.

There's always one foolproof method of Demo'ing though:

utorrent.

Right, CliffyB?

News Comments > Legal Fallout Continues
7. Re: Legal Fallout Continues Jan 14, 2011, 16:07 Icewind

The truth:

Bethesda didn't care about giving Interplay the rights back when the sale took place because they figured it was unlikely they'd ever survive long enough to make the game, and even if they did they expected the game to suck.

Unfortunately, Interplay is making the game and it looks like people are interested.

Now, Bethesda is bitter and regretful and is becoming an indian-giver.

News Comments > 2010 Game Sales Down
10. Re: 2010 Game Sales Down Jan 13, 2011, 22:00 Icewind

The problem is that they keep pedaling the same re-hashed garbage and people are either going back and playing old classics they love or they are playing "free" games. (And by that I don't mean piracy, I mean either Free to Play or comprehensive total conversion mods or what have you)

How many CoD's do we need? How many times will Nintendo re-release Ocarina of Time? How many Ass Creed sequels or GTA-knock offs are we going to get? How many Bethesda cut-and-paste WRPGs?

The best game I played last year was Mount & Blade Warband. An indie RPG I bought for 10 bucks off of Steam this past summer.

All I can tell the developers is this:

Try harder.

News Comments > SEGA Genesis Classics
2. Re: SEGA Genesis Classics Jan 11, 2011, 00:40 Icewind

2.99 a pop is ridiculous.

2.99 for the whole package? That would be smarter.

And how about online co-op with SoR2 instead of just making it the same as playing my original cart?

News Comments > Torchlight II Interview
7. Re: Torchlight II Interview Jan 7, 2011, 16:39 Icewind

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 13:08:
I wonder if they're ever going to honor their "You buy the sp game now, and we'll give you the MMO one for free" promise.

Because I get the strange feeling that they've conveniently forgotten about that.

Creston

Actually, They said the Torchlight MMO was going to be a F2P (Free to play) game, so you're actually still kinda right.

I don't know when, but around last fall PCGamer had an article in their magazine where a Torchlgiht dev said in an interview with them that they would fund the MMO through microtransactions. They then asked him if it would be silly things like hats and boots, but he claimed to not subscribe to that way of thinking and swore the items would be of worth and value.

I don't believe it, to be honest, but at least the MMO will be F2P. Do some digging in last year's PCgamer mags and you'll see the interview. Was around fall.

News Comments > Skyrim Puzzle Already Cracked
9. Re: Skyrim Puzzle Already Cracked Jan 7, 2011, 16:33 Icewind

Sounds to me that someone at Bethesda was playing too much Divinity 2 Ego Draconis back in 2009. Watch...we'll probably be able to turn into a dragon and fly around the world.

That actually wouldn't be too bad either. Though I loved Divinity 2, I felt the dragon form was under-utlized.

This "Dragonborn" is obviously the main character. Looks like we're fighting the Akaviri after all.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V's New Language
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls V's New Language Jan 6, 2011, 22:44 Icewind

Bethesda is just so proud and acting so smug about this game...

Right now, I just want to see some gameplay. Until I see that the engine isn't an ugly piece of shit the way the previous TES game was, I'll expect Skyrim to be hideous.

It's still going to be console first, just like FO3 and and TES4. Due to that, I'm not expecting anything grandiose.

I'll be busy playing Crysis 2 and Witcher 2.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
37. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 19:15 Icewind

Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 18:46:

I guess because it's only a month old. I just saw my first Facebook notification about it today... Blocked! Potential wall spam averted.

Or because it's a casual game meant for kiddies and idiots.

1466 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo