Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1472 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Dead Space 2 Hardcore Fix
7. Re: PC Dead Space 2 Hardcore Fix Feb 10, 2011, 18:35 Icewind

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 18:13:
Some EA executive is pointing to these save games/unlockers and saying:

"See?! SEE!? This is why we should stop selling PC games, we were going to sell these as DLC for 20 bucks each! We just lost millions!"

Yeah, sell them as unlock codes that re-enabled items that are obviously already there.

EA = cocksuckers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight II Delay
2. Re: Torchlight II Delay Feb 9, 2011, 21:05 Icewind

I had heard the release was actually going to be in the fall and that was about a month ago...so to me this is a move up in release date.

I'm fine with it. I'll be playing Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 all March and April anyway.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeons Feb 8, 2011, 16:58 Icewind

Fion wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 15:51:
Lol yea. I tried the demo but it was kind of odd. The game doesn't really tell you much before throwing you into the game with 'heroes' constantly coming into your dungeon and trying to steal your goodies. You have to collect their souls but knocking them out and imprisoning them but there are all kinds of other distractions going on like invaders from other dungeons and such so you have to choose one or the other. On top of that the game doesn't tell you at all how to create 'pentagrams' for your monsters to stand on to protect areas beyond the very first. I can place them but they say a goblin must activate them and I cannot figure out how to do so and the game does not appear to tell you either.

Frankly it makes me want to find my old Dungeon Keeper 2 disk lol.

Agree with you for the most part. I'm glad they put a demo out because my love of Dungeon Keeper would have made this an impulse purchase.

I think the fact that you have a physical manifestation of yourself is a big part of why I don't like it. In Dungeon Keeper you were very vulnerable. You were a beating heart protected by imps. You had to be careful and merciless and plan ahead to survive. Here it's just sort of a long slog through an awkward GUI.

Plus how can I torture my monsters or torture the enemies even? Where is the multiplayer mode? Where is the feeling of wickedness?

They tried, I'll give them that. Still failed, however.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans
20. Re: Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans Feb 8, 2011, 16:54 Icewind

I love how they pretend this is due to them being "nice guys" who "Value their customers".

B.S.

This is just them covering their rear and trying to make it look like they care so they don't get bad PR.

News Comments > On Dungeon Siege III Stability
10. Re: On Dungeon Siege III Stability Feb 8, 2011, 03:46 Icewind

Anyone who buys this game is part of the problem. It has fail written all over it.

Like Timeshift did.

News Comments > Diablo III Art FB Blackmail
11. Re: Diablo III Art FB Blackmail Feb 8, 2011, 03:38 Icewind

Most hardcore Diablo fans don't have Facebooks because they aren't camwhoring fags.

So sorry you won't be hitting the 1 million, but most longtime Diablo fans who've been online since 1996 know better.

Anyone who has a FB page should be sterilized.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2011, 15:22 Icewind

Any game in which you aren't punished for dying isn't a game, it's something the losers at gamerdad.com probably play.

Diablo had it right. The first one that is. The one where when you die everything you wear is dropped and you either go down and get it somehow or you lose everything.

Without that fear that you could lose everything, where is the suspense? Where is the challenge? Where is the fun?

Gamers have become far too soft.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Feb 4, 2011, 19:46 Icewind

space captain wrote on Feb 4, 2011, 17:56:
hey heroin are you still hurting that badly? after i made you feel like a complete dumbfuck here on blues news in front of EVERYONE? awww, thats sad.. and a bit pathetic but we already knew that

now run along and find some more cartoons and youtube videos that correlate to your deep and profound understanding of who i am

Don't you have a nerd wife and 3 inbred kids to go back to? The rest of you 40+ gamer posers on blues shouldn't be here this late. You need to put your autistic kids to bed.

News Comments > Crysis II System Requirements
22. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 19:40 Icewind

I never understood why everyone thinks Crysis is such a huge system killer. You want something that sends systems to their knees? Play Call of Pripyat or Metro 2033. I ran Crysis one on two machines, one was top of the line and ran it maxed while the other was a single core 3ghz machine with 2GB of ram and a Geforce 7800...and it ran it solidly at low settings. (Still looked semi decent too)

They've already said on their forums last year that the machine needed to run Crysis 2 will be a little weaker than what it needed to be to run Crysis 1. They've said this is due to it being better optimized. The thread said if you could run Crysis 1 then you'll run Crysis 2 on the same machine and it'll move a little faster...that's it.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DRM Explained
17. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Jan 31, 2011, 21:53 Icewind

Tumbler wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 21:50:
So many rules to be a paying pc customer. So much easier to just not be one. A pc customer that is.

Yeah, you can always slum it with the console commoners and play ugly games at low frame rates with no mod ability.

Poor folks don't belong in the hobby.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DRM Explained
16. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Jan 31, 2011, 21:51 Icewind

ASeven wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 21:03:
I don't really like the non-Steam version having to connect to the net from time to time to play offline. That's the part that worries me a bit.

Agreed. I was planning to buy the boxed version because I always like to "collect" games I really want and like but this is crazy. I wasn't going to get it on Steam but now it looks like I am.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Delayed
5. Re: Dungeon Defenders Delayed Jan 31, 2011, 14:33 Icewind

Actually, a reason *was* given blue. Back in November when they first delayed it, one of them let it slip that they had to delay it because Microsoft threatened to deny them the XBLA release if the PC version came out before the X360 version. So they had to delay it to please Microsoft.

That thread was quickly taken down and replaced with a standard, boilerplate response.

No doubt the 360 version is taking longer (It's what they've said before) and it is pushing the PC version back.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2011, 04:40 Icewind

Hoop wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 02:32:
And you will never see me in minecraft.

At least there is one smart gamer left in the world besides me.

News Comments > Doom64 EX
4. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 04:39 Icewind

I played Absolution a couple years back, still have it on this PC. Was a Doomsday mod basically, and a pretty good one at that.

News Comments > On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL
46. Re: On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL Jan 31, 2011, 04:34 Icewind

Not really interested in the game anyway, not with "Crysis 2: Console Boogaloo" coming out less than a month later.

Anytime a game announces it'll use GFWL though I'm out. Steam is my "Service" and I don't need something else for my lazy ass to log into and watch eat up my CPU cycles. Last time I used GFWL was with Bioshock 2, and whenever the menu came up it messed with the colors of the textures and wouldn't fix itself until a level load. Steam has never done that.

Played the PS3 demo anyway and it wasn't anything special. Felt like that old arcade game "The Grid" only with over-the-top macho talk. *yawn*

News Comments > Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward
6. Re: Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward Jan 29, 2011, 19:06 Icewind

The further 4chan-izing and meme-ization of gaming. How disgusting.

This isn't funny, it's stupid.

News Comments > Magicka Patched
1. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 28, 2011, 23:08 Icewind

I love how the fanboys are spinning this as a "OMG look how dedicated they are to fixing this!"

If you have to release 3 patches within the first week and the game still isn't stable for a good portion of your users then you've failed as a developer. Time to start coming in and cleaning my office with all the other failures.

News Comments > Blizzard Takes On Gold Sellers
6. Re: Blizzard Takes On Gold Sellers Jan 28, 2011, 23:05 Icewind

Fion wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 20:41:
And here WoW players would always tell me Blizzard 'wants' gold sellers. I always said 'bullshit'. I guess I was right after all.

It's only because Blizzard isn't getting a cut. It's similar to how the mob takes out dealers who don't work for them or pay them a cut. Same thing here, just a different "drug".

If they gave Blizzard a cut of the profits under the table they wouldn't mind. It's like how they don't attack user-run player servers but that one where the admin made a few million selling in-game items was sued into oblivion.

When WoW goes Free-to-play in a few years they'll get into this business for themselves. Selling gear and gold for IRL cash. Until then they squash any of the little guys who try to do it before them.

News Comments > Homefront PC Details
24. Re: No THQ DRM for PC Homefront Jan 28, 2011, 19:58 Icewind

finga wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 19:39:
I don't think IW ever promised that stuff.

They did.

News Comments > Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming
27. Re: Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming Jan 28, 2011, 16:24 Icewind

Played the 360 demo out of curiosity and the graphics were hideous. Jagged edges, no HDR and it had that UE3 style "Takes 5 seconds for textures to load" problem.

The PC version shouldn't have these problems, thank goodness.

1472 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo