Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1464 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis II System Requirements
22. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 19:40 Icewind

I never understood why everyone thinks Crysis is such a huge system killer. You want something that sends systems to their knees? Play Call of Pripyat or Metro 2033. I ran Crysis one on two machines, one was top of the line and ran it maxed while the other was a single core 3ghz machine with 2GB of ram and a Geforce 7800...and it ran it solidly at low settings. (Still looked semi decent too)

They've already said on their forums last year that the machine needed to run Crysis 2 will be a little weaker than what it needed to be to run Crysis 1. They've said this is due to it being better optimized. The thread said if you could run Crysis 1 then you'll run Crysis 2 on the same machine and it'll move a little faster...that's it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II DRM Explained
17. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Jan 31, 2011, 21:53 Icewind

Tumbler wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 21:50:
So many rules to be a paying pc customer. So much easier to just not be one. A pc customer that is.

Yeah, you can always slum it with the console commoners and play ugly games at low frame rates with no mod ability.

Poor folks don't belong in the hobby.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DRM Explained
16. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Jan 31, 2011, 21:51 Icewind

ASeven wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 21:03:
I don't really like the non-Steam version having to connect to the net from time to time to play offline. That's the part that worries me a bit.

Agreed. I was planning to buy the boxed version because I always like to "collect" games I really want and like but this is crazy. I wasn't going to get it on Steam but now it looks like I am.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Delayed
5. Re: Dungeon Defenders Delayed Jan 31, 2011, 14:33 Icewind

Actually, a reason *was* given blue. Back in November when they first delayed it, one of them let it slip that they had to delay it because Microsoft threatened to deny them the XBLA release if the PC version came out before the X360 version. So they had to delay it to please Microsoft.

That thread was quickly taken down and replaced with a standard, boilerplate response.

No doubt the 360 version is taking longer (It's what they've said before) and it is pushing the PC version back.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2011, 04:40 Icewind

Hoop wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 02:32:
And you will never see me in minecraft.

At least there is one smart gamer left in the world besides me.

News Comments > Doom64 EX
4. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 04:39 Icewind

I played Absolution a couple years back, still have it on this PC. Was a Doomsday mod basically, and a pretty good one at that.

News Comments > On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL
46. Re: On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL Jan 31, 2011, 04:34 Icewind

Not really interested in the game anyway, not with "Crysis 2: Console Boogaloo" coming out less than a month later.

Anytime a game announces it'll use GFWL though I'm out. Steam is my "Service" and I don't need something else for my lazy ass to log into and watch eat up my CPU cycles. Last time I used GFWL was with Bioshock 2, and whenever the menu came up it messed with the colors of the textures and wouldn't fix itself until a level load. Steam has never done that.

Played the PS3 demo anyway and it wasn't anything special. Felt like that old arcade game "The Grid" only with over-the-top macho talk. *yawn*

News Comments > Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward
6. Re: Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward Jan 29, 2011, 19:06 Icewind

The further 4chan-izing and meme-ization of gaming. How disgusting.

This isn't funny, it's stupid.

News Comments > Magicka Patched
1. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 28, 2011, 23:08 Icewind

I love how the fanboys are spinning this as a "OMG look how dedicated they are to fixing this!"

If you have to release 3 patches within the first week and the game still isn't stable for a good portion of your users then you've failed as a developer. Time to start coming in and cleaning my office with all the other failures.

News Comments > Blizzard Takes On Gold Sellers
6. Re: Blizzard Takes On Gold Sellers Jan 28, 2011, 23:05 Icewind

Fion wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 20:41:
And here WoW players would always tell me Blizzard 'wants' gold sellers. I always said 'bullshit'. I guess I was right after all.

It's only because Blizzard isn't getting a cut. It's similar to how the mob takes out dealers who don't work for them or pay them a cut. Same thing here, just a different "drug".

If they gave Blizzard a cut of the profits under the table they wouldn't mind. It's like how they don't attack user-run player servers but that one where the admin made a few million selling in-game items was sued into oblivion.

When WoW goes Free-to-play in a few years they'll get into this business for themselves. Selling gear and gold for IRL cash. Until then they squash any of the little guys who try to do it before them.

News Comments > Homefront PC Details
24. Re: No THQ DRM for PC Homefront Jan 28, 2011, 19:58 Icewind

finga wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 19:39:
I don't think IW ever promised that stuff.

They did.

News Comments > Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming
27. Re: Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming Jan 28, 2011, 16:24 Icewind

Played the 360 demo out of curiosity and the graphics were hideous. Jagged edges, no HDR and it had that UE3 style "Takes 5 seconds for textures to load" problem.

The PC version shouldn't have these problems, thank goodness.

News Comments > On Magicka's Bugs
1. Re: On Magicka's Bugs Jan 28, 2011, 12:25 Icewind

Just admit it...you wanted to push it out the door and figured you could play this nice guy act to gain the sympathy of your customers.

Ain't working.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Unlocks in Dragon Age Legends
6. Re: Dragon Age II Unlocks in Dragon Age Legends Jan 25, 2011, 13:24 Icewind

Facebook....if you have one, you aren't a gamer. You're either:

#1: Bored Housewife
#2: Pedophile
#3: Teenager

News Comments > Two Worlds II Royal Edition
6. Re: Two Worlds II Royal Edition Jan 25, 2011, 02:08 Icewind

space captain wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 22:00:
Icewind wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 21:58:
Amazon's site says February 28th, and that's just for the "Regular" PC version.

that website is a pimple on the ass of the internet!

Only a devoted Blues news member would be know this.

News Comments > Homefront Specs and Campaign Length
8. Re: Homefront Specs and Campaign Length Jan 24, 2011, 22:01 Icewind

8 hours is ridiculously short. HL1 was 3 times that and HL2 was a solid 14.

It's sad that so many people think that's acceptable. Then again, most of these older "OMG I GOTZ KIDZ AND AN UGLY WIFE NOW BAWWWWWWW" gamers want a game they can pound out in 2 hours and then brag to their other 40+ year old gamer wannabe friends that they beat something other than a casual kiddie game for once in their miserable post-gamer retired life.

News Comments > Two Worlds II Royal Edition
2. Re: Two Worlds II Royal Edition Jan 24, 2011, 21:58 Icewind

Amazon's site says February 28th, and that's just for the "Regular" PC version.

Every other website says February 8th.

So which date is right?

(EDIT: I mean the PC version, not the consoles)

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer, Xbox 360 Demo This Month
16. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer, Xbox 360 Demo This Month Jan 21, 2011, 20:29 Icewind

At least I'm not a welfare console owner.

Enjoy playing in shitty resolution, console kiddies.

Also, get a job.

News Comments > Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful
6. Re: Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful Jan 20, 2011, 23:36 Icewind

Drezden wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 21:32:
The file size for a demo alone for Rage would probably be ginormous, so I can't blame them.

Oh quit it already. Excuses excuses.

Next up you'll find an excuse for Carmack's thinning hair or why his teeth are getting yellow.

Get off of it. You don't need to White Knight the S.O.B. They sold out and were corrupted by their new taskmasters. Same as Bioware was with EA and Blizzard was with Activision.

News Comments > Call of Duty Shenanigan Allegations
12. Re: Call of Duty Shenanigan Allegations Jan 20, 2011, 19:41 Icewind

Bobby "Nodick" Kotick doesn't deserve any sympathy. As far as I'm concerned West and Zampella could poison his wife, run over his dog, give him AIDS, dump out his fish tank, burn his cat, slam into his car, bash out his windows and empty his bank account and I'd STILL take their side.

Human refuse is what he is.

1464 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo