Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1473 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2011, 12:56 Icewind

nin wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 10:40:

As someone who couldn't care less about sports, I'm not sure which would be more torturous to watch.

What kind of man are you that you don't like sports? Oh right, a gamer nerd. Sorry.

Also, regardless of whomever the gi-ANTS pick, they'll always lose two games a season to the Eagles.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III in the "Home Stretch"
14. Re: Diablo III in the Apr 28, 2011, 12:27 Icewind

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 28, 2011, 11:32:
Diablo III will be out just in the nick of time for me to enjoy my 128 core China made UPU with 4320p Red-Ray resolution holograph projector, and 1TB of DDR5 system Ram, with unlimited Google storage over Fiberoptic channel 100GBethernet unlimiband ISP. Still with Keyboard and Mouse, and that suits me just fine!

mid 2012 at Earliest, the race is on, will we live to see the day of D3 install.exe past 05/21 ? You decide!

You know, when PCs get to the point when we have 1TB of RAM as a middle-of-the-road standard sort of figure, we'll probably have consoles getting by with 250GB of it and we'll still be playing second fiddle to the poor boy machines.

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
7. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Apr 28, 2011, 04:03 Icewind

I just bought a 6950 last month and I'm running the 11.2 without a problem. After hearing about an earlier poster here having BSODs, I'm going to pass.

Finding a decent driver for my ATI cards has always been hit-or-miss. Whenever I find a decent one I hang onto it like it was the last lifeboat on the Titanic.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 27, 2011, 01:34 Icewind

I use totally different passwords for everything I register, so I'm not concerned. The live.com address I had tied to my PSN has a completely different password so good luck on getting that.

As for my CC #'s, I wasn't sure which of my two I used so I just closed them both tonight and asked for new ones. Just means I'll be paying with checks for the next 5-7 business days.

From now on though I'll be using pre-paid cards to buy stuff on PSN.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Console Plans Confirmed?
12. Re: The Witcher 2 Console Plans Confirmed? Apr 27, 2011, 00:21 Icewind

From what I've been seeing in the previews (Most recently on gamespot) the game looks very consolified. You have quick time events that auto-kill any enemy in one successful hit, a GUI that doesn't take advantage of the keyboard and a slimmed down skill system. It just reeks of console design decisions.

I'm still buying it, but I'm not expecting TW1.

News Comments > Borderlands Proposal
12. Re: Borderlands Proposal Apr 24, 2011, 22:08 Icewind

....and this is why I like Randy Pritchford & co.

This guy is a class act and his company is the only one that can do some decent DLC.

Keep it up, Gearbox. Much respect.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Apr 21, 2011, 11:02 Icewind

So where are all the know-nothings that think consolization is a lie?  

News Comments > Portal 2 Store
26. Re: Portal 2 Store Apr 19, 2011, 15:40 Icewind

....and Valve goes down too.

I also love how they were deleting threads about the "Don't turn off your console" message and only stopped deleting them when people started asking questions.

Then they conveniently posted a reply 5 minutes later "explaining" why it still said console instead of "PC". Apparently, they simply "forgot" to change it.

Combine this with the $85 DLC nonsense and you have to be stupid to support Valve now. I'm done with them.

News Comments > One Potato, Two Potato...
28. Re: One Potato, Two Potato... Apr 18, 2011, 12:34 Icewind

This ARG stuff is so childish. I suppose people who have no job, no life, and nothing better to do don't mind scouring through files and looking through garbage indie games to find clues that may or may not reveal something nobody gives a crap about.

Me? I'd rather, you know, play the game.

News Comments > Portal 2 Countdown Explained
26. Re: Portal 2 Countdown Explained Apr 15, 2011, 17:31 Icewind

DarkCntry wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 15:50:
Verno wrote on Apr 15, 2011, 15:44:
I don't ever plan on playing it on the PS3 so I just bought it for Steam. Portal with a controller just doesn't appeal to me.

I might play it with my girlfriend split-screen CO-Op on the PS3...

Yeah, if you ever get a girlfriend.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
3. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Apr 15, 2011, 03:36 Icewind

I have this installed on both my PCs. Like Deus Ex and System Shock, it's fun to go back to every once in awhile. So many different ways to approach the quests.

I'd love a total overhaul of the graphics though. Have them do to it what Black Mesa is doing to HL2.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Million Fan March
5. Re: Battlefield 3 Million Fan March Apr 15, 2011, 03:33 Icewind

Jesus. Blizzard did this too. Also, a favorite musician of mine recently held their new album art and previews hostage until a sufficient number of people "liked" their Facebook.

Ugh. What a load of horseshit.

They can all kiss off.

News Comments > Diablo III Details?
6. Re: Diablo III Details? Apr 14, 2011, 14:35 Icewind

All of it make sense. Torchlight was a huge success so Blizzard probably thinks emulating that is their key to success as well.

I loved Torchlight because it was the "Casual Diablo"....I loved Diablo 2 because it was a hardcore game (Post 1.09 patch, anyway). To make Diablo just another casual roguelike similar to Torchlgiht is to basically piss on the franchise.

All for the console money, I guess.

News Comments > IGDA's Amazon Appstore Open Letter
3. Re: IGDA's Amazon Appstore Open Letter Apr 14, 2011, 12:38 Icewind

Then don't sell it through Amazon. Isn't Android "open"? I have a friend who downloaded a Sega Genesis emulator for it so I know there is a lot of freeware too.

Just stick to the free stuff. If it's anything like the PC the best stuff will always be free and made by some basement dwelling geek.

Paying 4 bucks for some crappy mobile game or getting an emu that plays 500 NES games for free? Tough choice there.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Soundtrack
1. Re: Bulletstorm Soundtrack Apr 13, 2011, 21:49 Icewind

I love how Epic always acts like Bulletstorm is "their" game and talk as if they made it.

People Can Fly made it. You know, the folks who made one of the best FPS's of all time, Painkiller?

I guess since it's so bad People Can Fly don't want to be connected with it and have let CliffyB take full credit for it and its 4 hour long single player and lack of any real MP modes.

News Comments > PS3 Steam Details
6. Re: PS3 Steam Details Apr 13, 2011, 14:18 Icewind

This is a win-win for everyone involved.

So where are the anti-steam curmudgeons now? Hard to believe anyone would find fault with this.

News Comments > Dragon Age DRM Servers Down
25. Re: Dragon Age DRM Servers Down Apr 12, 2011, 23:56 Icewind

If you people are really serious about boycotting Bioware, how about passing on their DLC *and* ME3? Sure, I bought ME 1and 2, but I'm not even finishing the damn story. The second game was so dumbed down and short I don't even see a reason to give them $60 for an ME3 that will probably follow their current downward spiral and be about as long as Bulletstorm and as deep as Farmville.

You all talk a big game, but how about following through? Don't let these people think they can get away with this...

because we know you'll all buy DA3 and all of ME3's DLC, proving them right when they say gamers are stupid.

News Comments > Portal 2 Early?
9. Re: Portal 2 Early? Apr 12, 2011, 19:17 Icewind

So Brad, was your job of maintaining Impulse responsible for the horrible launch day condition of Elemental?

Well, now that you sold it I guess you won't release garbage again, right?

News Comments > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Gameplay Trailer
11. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Gameplay Trailer Apr 12, 2011, 16:51 Icewind

The graphics look horrible. It has that fakey looking pastel coloring and lack of texture depth that screams "console was the lead platform".

If you can't make a game that looks like it was made in 2011, then kindly send that crap back to 2004 where it belongs. I'll be playing Witcher 2, thanks.

News Comments > Streets of Rage Remake Yoinked
7. Re: Streets of Rage Remake Yoinked Apr 12, 2011, 14:25 Icewind

Already downloaded it and went through it once. Great remake, and love the shop idea where you can unlock the hidden characters (Like Roo & Mr. X)

Sorry Sega, but I've already uploaded it to my megaupload account where many people have already downloaded it and will continue doing so.

hahahahahaha

1473 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo