Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1432 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age II Controversy of the Day
36. Re: Dragon Age II Controversy of the Day Mar 15, 2011, 13:13 Icewind

I love how the DA2 White-Knight brigade spins everything on those forums.

"OH but those 0/10 reviews are so principled, amirite guise?"

No, but neither is a 10/10 review done by a BioWare employee.

They can white knight this stuff all they want, but at the end of the day it's still a sub-par game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II Beta Patch
98. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 14, 2011, 16:49 Icewind

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 14, 2011, 14:27:

You're just a scumbag thief. What makes you feel you have the right to steal someones work?

Stop being an avoidance pussy. What he said is true, regardless of how much of a "Scumbag" your pathetic morals say he is.

News Comments > EA Forum Ban Prevents Game Access?
20. Re: EA Forum Bans Prevents Game Access? Mar 11, 2011, 13:21 Icewind

nin wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 12:13:

I'm seriously rethinking any future Bioware purchases, at this point.

After seeing how bad Dragon Age 2 was, I am as well.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo
21. removed Mar 1, 2011, 13:33 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 1, 2011, 13:40.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo
12. removed Mar 1, 2011, 12:05 Icewind

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 1, 2011, 12:42.

News Comments > Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV
34. Re: Valve Looks to Steam Power Your TV Feb 28, 2011, 16:01 Icewind

A novel idea, but one that, admittedly, not too many people will use.

Of the 4 rigs I have built and currently working, only one is hooked up to my TV (a 37 inch Vizio HDTV) and the only reason it's on that TV is because I only have 3 monitors. It works nice enough, but the PC is a single core running on an old 7800GTX and about the only thing it can handle in outrageous resolutions are old games that normally won't go above SXGA resolution (Without ini tweaks and general instability).

Still, it would be nice to see some better support for HDTVs, since if you look at the price-per-pixel, you get a better deal with an HDTV than you do with a similarly priced monitor. Granted, the monitor will usually look better but you get the idea.

News Comments > OnLive Console with Homefront Preorders
5. Re: OnLive Console with Homefront Preorders Feb 26, 2011, 17:20 Icewind

Good luck 75% of America, since unless you're running Fios you probably won't have much fun with on-live.

On-live is for Europe and Asia. We just don't have the speeds for it.

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
6. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 23, 2011, 21:50 Icewind

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 21:39:
Next time they'll use stronger encryption.

Adrian Chmielarz is People Can Fly's creative director, and he told Ars that the encryption is there to "prevent people from cheating on Echoes and Anarchy Leaderboards," most likely by keeping them from adjusting certain aspects of enemy behavior or power. That's perfectly fair, but they left too many of the game's core settings locked behind the encryption—which is too weak to have kept anyone from the files for more than a few minutes anyway. "Possibly we should separate .ini files: some encrypted, some (visuals, mouse, etc.) open to rape," he continued via Twitter. "Oops, I mean edit."

Hey, is this Adrian dude trying to tread onto Cliffy's turf?

yeah buddy, people are raping your game alright.

Here's the funny thing: The leaderboards are already broken. Some guy only has 21 medals and has the top score, which is 69,696,969. You know, whereas I have about 150K points and 36 medals and rank 56th on the boards.

I thought it was funny, but it goes to show you how futile it was.

I just want the damn letterboxes in 16:10 resolution removed.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans
10. Re: Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans Feb 22, 2011, 15:35 Icewind

Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 15:24:
The biggest knock I've read is the plot, with some reviews really knocking it. I'm not too surprised - the plot of Painkiller was pretty damn dumb.

Ok, in its defense Painkiller was meant to be nothing more than a modern day recreation of DOOM. It's plot was just to give you an excuse as to why you were killing a few thousand demons every stage and why you had awesome weapons and magical abilities. Nothing more.

What's next, you criticize Serious Sam for having a shoddy plot? If you want a story in your FPS then Half-Life or Deus Ex or System Shock 2 is waiting for you, have fun.

News Comments > Smell-O-Vision
22. Re: Smell-O-Vision Feb 21, 2011, 17:36 Icewind

No, this is stupid. Maybe for dirty ass nerds who don't know how to clean but for me it's a no-no. I'm OCD, I keep my place clean and I don't need "poor people" smells sullying it.

Same reason I won't let animals in my house is the same reason this device won't be on my PC.

News Comments > Chocolate Strife
5. Re: Chocolate Strife Feb 19, 2011, 21:51 Icewind

Ant wrote on Feb 19, 2011, 18:35:
FreonTrip wrote on Feb 19, 2011, 18:11:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2011, 15:58:
Chocolate Strife, sequel to Chocolate Rain...

Actually it's based on Chocolate Doom, which is an attempt to replicate the behavior of the original Doom executable as closely as possible. Since pre-source release Doom's frequently referred to as "vanilla" Doom, the chocolate moniker's a winking acknowledgment of the project's goals. It's interesting to see Strife getting the same treatment at this point.
Wooooooosh! Dude, it was a joke on the meme.

No shit, I think he gets that. He just wants to clarify, for people sauntering in that have their head up their ass, what "chocolate" is really referring to.

Not everyone is a dipshit.

News Comments > Two Worlds II Review Flap, Sequel Revealed
6. Re: Two Worlds II Review Flap, Sequel Revealed Feb 19, 2011, 18:20 Icewind

After 25 hours or so with the game I realized I couldn't play it anymore. It's not BAD and there's nothing WRONG with it, but it just feels so empty and unoriginal. It's the same reason I disliked Gothic 4 and Oblivion. It just doesn't do anything special.

Risen was the last open world game I felt compelled to finish. At least that had a faction system, as incredibly shallow as it was.

so-called "open world" games need to go back and take a look at Ultima 7 if they are confused as to how to be done.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo Promotion
5. Re: BOOM HERE COMES THE BOOM HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW Feb 18, 2011, 12:43 Icewind

space captain wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 12:30:
is this the new shit?

Sadly, yes it is.

Bioware now realizes that they can make more money getting wannabe RPG'ers in their teens and early 20s who just came into the hobby recently excited about their games rather than cater to the hardcore crowd that got them here back in late 1998.

Thankfully, there are better RPGs on the way such as:

This: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/index.htm

This: http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/faq/

And even this: http://pathofexile.com/

Bioware is just an EA lapdog now. Bioware is the new Origin.

And by that, I mean the late 90s Origin that got raped.

News Comments > Console Diablo III Confirmed?
20. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 12:40 Icewind

Considering how shitty the graphics look, I knew this was coming. It doesn't even have as much visual flair as Titan Quest did, which is downright pathetic.

Doesn't matter though since everyone I know, including my old Diablo 2 buddies, are planning to play Torchlight 2 instead.

News Comments > The Walking Dead & Fables Game Plans
6. Re: The Walking Dead & Fables Game Plans Feb 17, 2011, 22:06 Icewind

The Walking Dead game? Yeah, it already came out years ago, it was called "Left 4 Dead".

Try again.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
16. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 20:52 Icewind

Undocumented Alien wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 16:25:
I've been messing around with the demo on my PS3, it's a goofy game but mindless fun, I'll probably buy it since they had they presence of mind to make it have COOP which I don't see enough of anymore and it's always fun to just crush stuff with 3 other friends. It's Duke Nukem'ish.

That's exactly why I'm ignoring all of the bad points and getting the game. I have several friends who are and we all plan to coop the hell out of this game.

I still think it's dumb as shit to charge 59.99 for this game but we have the welfare console kiddies to thank for that.

News Comments > Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming
47. Re: Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming Feb 14, 2011, 19:58 Icewind

Remember when Blues was full of PC gamers? Now it's full of wannabes, washed-ups, and "I'm-married-so-I-only-play-casual-crap" gamers.

PC > Console

/end

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
48. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 18:13 Icewind

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 16:40:
I've heard very good things about the performance too, which is a nice change for a Crytek game. Probably a side-effect of targeting the consoles (though the 360 multiplayer beta/demo doesn't even seem to be running at 720p).

That's because this one up on the torrents is locked at Medium detail level on every setting.

Also, the Xbox demo looked atrocious. I played one round and uninstalled it. It looked even worse than Halo 3.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
29. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 01:40 Icewind

spindoctor wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 01:32:
This is very unfortunate and Crytek do not deserve it.

YES THEY DO.

This is what happens when you don't release a PC demo and even go so far as to make the Demo xbox exclusive.

They deserve this. Big time.

News Comments > You Don't Know Jack About Customer Relations
12. Re: You Don't Know Jack About Customer Relations Feb 11, 2011, 16:03 Icewind

If you're interested in buying this game than chances are you're also too fat to play it on the consoles too.

Real gamers don't play kiddie shit like this.

1432 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo