Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1464 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
1. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 21, 2011, 20:51 Icewind

Looks like my brand new Sapphire 6950 will get some new use soon.

Doesn't change the fact that Crysis 2 sucks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2011, 21:54 Icewind

Wow, so Blue isn't having problems with his teeth anymore?

I swear to Christ, he is one unhealthy mother fucker.

Is your dog still shitting the carpet?

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer
5. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer Jun 16, 2011, 15:46 Icewind

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 15:42:
I think Dead Space pretty much took the crown from FEAR a long time ago as a horror sci-fi shooter. FEAR2 had some good sections in it, but Dead Space was so much better imo.

^This

Also, Monolith is no longer involved in the series, right? Good enough reason right there not to give a shit anymore.

I laugh whenever wussies say they were frightened by Fear 1 or 2. Did you ever play a REALLY scary game? You know, like System Shock 2?

I'm sorry (actually I'm not) but you are a wussy if you ever thought any of the fear games were truly scary.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Decimation Pack Released
3. Re: Crysis 2 Decimation Pack Released Jun 15, 2011, 14:09 Icewind

Still no DX 11?

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
20. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 01:44 Icewind

noman wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 00:42:
I like this development. Steam's DRM (in how it ties a game to an account, and makes giving the game to others impractical) is quite bad. Alternate services such as Impulse, GFWL, Amazon Dl or even EA DM (now Origin) are much better in giving customers more option in how to install (and patch) a product. Basically all these services, make the entire DVD-ROM content available, and it's up to you how and where to install the game, and which of the publicly available patches you can apply.

I wish more developers follow this route and go to non Steamworks DRM (or NO DRM).

You must work for EA, because I actually spat up some of my coffee here when I read that spiel. You're serious, aren't you? Wow.

You do realize you can't re-sell games on *any* Digital service, including Origin, right? You just punctured a hole through your own argument.

Also if we look at every DRM solution out there Steamworks is by far the most flexible. Heck, I have several of my steam games installed on multiple PCs and of the 5 PCs I own, four of them never allow Steam to go "online", thus ensuring I can have multiple copies of the same game installed on every PC. I just copy saved game files over and uncheck the "cloud" option.

How many DRM schemes would let me do that? Without having to run "installation revoking" utilities?

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
8. Re: Sunday Screenshots Jun 5, 2011, 23:14 Icewind

I love how all of the screenshots are from the begging area where the art team spent 99% of their time. The "outside" is ugly as sin.  

News Comments > Dungeons Sequel Announced
6. Re: Dungeons Sequel Announced Jun 3, 2011, 20:47 Icewind

Downer28 wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 20:24:
Wolfen wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 19:38:
They only got DK1 didn't they? http://www.gog.com/en/news/new_release_dungeon_keeper

Yeah, but they acquired the EA catalog, so I'm sure DK2 will come eventually. I know they already have titles lined up like Alpha Centauri.

DK2? I *have* that. Don't you mean DK3?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
52. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 16:55 Icewind

Dades wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 15:10:
I thought it was pretty fun but very short. A great old school experience for a shooter, pleasantly surprised.

Do you even know what old school is, son?

I've been playing PC games since 1983 if you count a C64. 1988 if you don't.

This game is VERY "new school".

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
51. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 16:53 Icewind

I cancelled my pre-order. God this game is horrid.

First of all, what's up with the old and busted textures? Even on ultra these textures look so hideous.

Picture here

The small levels, the flashing orange aura over "interactive" items, the auto aim, the two weapon limit...WTF is this, Halo with a Duke Nukem skin applied?

I just saved myself 50 bucks and can instead go back to DOSbox and play Duke 3D again.

Thanks to gearbox for letting me know how bad it is so I don't have to waste money. This game is a disgrace.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hunted: The Demon's Forge
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hunted: The Demon's Forge May 31, 2011, 23:55 Icewind

This has been out on Steam for two days and was in my Gamestop yesterday.

Ships Ahoy indeed, Blue.

News Comments > Bungie Announcement Next Week?
8. Re: Bungie Announcement Next Week? May 30, 2011, 02:44 Icewind

Dmitri_M wrote on May 30, 2011, 01:49:
Isometric cyberpunk adventure\strategy RPG with HD 2D graphics huge inventories of items detailed story.

In other words, a graphically updated Genesis Shadowrun

I approve.

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age II Criticisms
40. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age II Criticisms May 27, 2011, 19:01 Icewind

Bioware is just upset that their fans are turning on them and sales are not what they were expecting. Oh, they're still making loads of cash, but not what DA:O did and they know this is their Ultima 8. This is the beginning of their end. EA is doing to them what they did to Origin in the 90s.

I say good riddance. Bioware is a joke of a company now. Witcher 2 will eclipse DA2 in sales by the end of the year, even though DA2 has been out longer. You watch.

News Comments > New Minecraft Beta
12. Re: New Minecraft Beta May 26, 2011, 15:28 Icewind

Beta? didn't he say this was "released" and even had a big celebration over it?

....plus he charges for it.

"Beta" my ass.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale May 26, 2011, 02:22 Icewind

Phaint wrote on May 25, 2011, 23:04:
I can't even make any sense out of Forgotten Realms anymore, they tore it apart and ruined 200 novels of canon on a whim and practically destroyed the franchise.

hmm what do you mean?

Are you living in a cave? You don't know about the spell plague?

The other guy explained it, but had I seen your post first I would have gone off on you.

Eh, what does it matter? Forgotten Realms-branded D&D is as dead as it can get.

News Comments > PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week
2. Re: PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week May 23, 2011, 15:39 Icewind

LOC wrote on May 23, 2011, 15:21:
Sweet. Don't know why exactly, but I'm rather looking forward to this game for some reason.

I hate when people say that. "Oh gawd, I don't know why but I want this."

Then why are you even gaming?

It's being made as a modern day equivalent to the Dark Alliance games, the devs even admitted to being BG:DA fans and they want to recreate that same type of casual gameplay with this one.

Educate yourself.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 May 23, 2011, 01:02 Icewind

Terraria is another aspie game.

You have to be a tasteless gamer to enjoy that garbage.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Workarounds
9. Re: The Witcher 2 Workarounds May 21, 2011, 01:35 Icewind

The only problem I had was not being able to install it due to CRC errors on a file. I fixed that by dumping the DVDs to my hard drive and installing it that way.

Had 2 crashes to the desktop, but that's not bad in the 20hrs I've played it, considering what others are having.

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
14. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 21:44 Icewind

Jesus, can you stop using emoticons? What are you, pussies?  

News Comments > Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted
21. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 14:45 Icewind

BioWare is the new Origin. Dragon Age 2 was their Ultima 8. It's done. They can't win back the community. The young kids just now entering the hobby who know no better will salivate over DA3 but the rest of us don't care.

Witcher 2 does what Dragon Age 2 don't, to steal an old Sega line. CD Projekt proved that they are better and their game,. even with all of its problems (Which are mostly minor) it greatly surpasses DA2, if not everything BioWare has done since Jade Empire.

Witcher 2

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
28. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 00:16 Icewind

Overon wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:51:
born2expire wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:38:
Overon wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:31:
Twitter posting by ATI about Witcher 2 hotfix driver including crossfire support:
http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator

ATI needs to be on the ball more with developers. However, Witcher 2 has the Nvidia's "The way it's meant to be played" logo. But still.

Agreed, I'm super disappointed with these cards, the drivers are junk (every new game i've tried on them i've had issues) and they are so damn loud, gaming with headphones is a must.

I should have went with SLi'ed 570's instead. Live and learn I guess.
I don't agree with you. I'm not disappointed with my single 5850 at all. I don't have any issues in Witcher 2 that I can see. I don't think the drivers are junk and my card is not loud at all.

If you were talking about the 4000 series I'd agree, but I bought a 6950 back in late March and it's not only quiet (Even at 40% fan speed) but I'm running the 11.2 drivers in Witcher 2 and getting great performance.

What exactly does ATI need to fix? I haven't seen any anomalies in the visuals with my card.

1464 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo