Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anon Anon

Real Name Anon Anon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Icewind
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 21, 2002, 18:44
Total Comments 1449 (Pro)
User ID 13929

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 May 23, 2011, 01:02 Icewind

Terraria is another aspie game.

You have to be a tasteless gamer to enjoy that garbage.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Workarounds
9. Re: The Witcher 2 Workarounds May 21, 2011, 01:35 Icewind

The only problem I had was not being able to install it due to CRC errors on a file. I fixed that by dumping the DVDs to my hard drive and installing it that way.

Had 2 crashes to the desktop, but that's not bad in the 20hrs I've played it, considering what others are having.

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
14. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 21:44 Icewind

Jesus, can you stop using emoticons? What are you, pussies?  

News Comments > Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted
21. Re: Dragon Age 3 Help Wanted May 20, 2011, 14:45 Icewind

BioWare is the new Origin. Dragon Age 2 was their Ultima 8. It's done. They can't win back the community. The young kids just now entering the hobby who know no better will salivate over DA3 but the rest of us don't care.

Witcher 2 does what Dragon Age 2 don't, to steal an old Sega line. CD Projekt proved that they are better and their game,. even with all of its problems (Which are mostly minor) it greatly surpasses DA2, if not everything BioWare has done since Jade Empire.

Witcher 2

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
28. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 00:16 Icewind

Overon wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:51:
born2expire wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:38:
Overon wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:31:
Twitter posting by ATI about Witcher 2 hotfix driver including crossfire support:
http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator

ATI needs to be on the ball more with developers. However, Witcher 2 has the Nvidia's "The way it's meant to be played" logo. But still.

Agreed, I'm super disappointed with these cards, the drivers are junk (every new game i've tried on them i've had issues) and they are so damn loud, gaming with headphones is a must.

I should have went with SLi'ed 570's instead. Live and learn I guess.
I don't agree with you. I'm not disappointed with my single 5850 at all. I don't have any issues in Witcher 2 that I can see. I don't think the drivers are junk and my card is not loud at all.

If you were talking about the 4000 series I'd agree, but I bought a 6950 back in late March and it's not only quiet (Even at 40% fan speed) but I'm running the 11.2 drivers in Witcher 2 and getting great performance.

What exactly does ATI need to fix? I haven't seen any anomalies in the visuals with my card.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
27. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 00:13 Icewind

Inverted mouse was never standard. First game that had mouselook that I played was Quake 1, and by default it was not inverted. The only time I need inverted mouselook is with console games, since for some reason the analog stick control feels better that way to me.

Anyway, this game is amazing. I'm about a third of the way through Chapter 2 and loving it. Amazing graphics, great story, fun combat. Pretty much everything an action RPG needs.

News Comments > Hellgate's North American F2P Return
18. Re: Hellgate's North American F2P Return May 19, 2011, 16:39 Icewind

Played the original beta back in October of 2007. You know what was funny? Most of the bugs they killed in the beta CAME BACK IN THE RETAIL GAME...and they weren't patched out until a month later. This game was a comedy of errors, except for the poor sods that bought a lifetime sub.

I actually did pay for one month just to see what you got. You were given nothing but apple cider, potatoes and a lv11 flaming gauntlet. That's it. What's worse is the flaming gauntlet was dropping like crazy and every douche nozzle in the game was wearing one.

The engine ran like crap, the game frequently crashed, online play was abysmal due to lag and the bugs (such as disappearing models making your teammates invisible to everyone but them) made it nearly unplayable online.

Even if they fixed everything they can't fix the fact that the game just plain sucked. It was a poor man's 3D Diablo, that's it. Nothing more.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer
19. Re: The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer May 14, 2011, 01:51 Icewind

Pre-ordered the $120 one from Gamestop. Sorry, I need my box and goodies.

Got 62 bucks from trading in 3 crappy Wii games, so that took a bit of the bite off of it.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2011, 16:09 Icewind

A game, too hard? Oh noes! It's suppose to be easy because I hate having to work in an RPG.

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHA

Loved that article. Such laughter.

News Comments > Obsidian on Reprising Planescape: Torment
14. Re: Obsidian on Reprising Planescape: Torment May 12, 2011, 20:34 Icewind

Drayth wrote on May 12, 2011, 20:11:
THIS SUMMER - THE NAMELESS ONE'S BACK!!!

You thought he [snip]

^This is so true, sadly.

PS:T2 would end up exactly like Dragon Age 2. Some anime-inspired diablo rip-off with no real substance whatsoever.

Let the first game stand on its own and remain untainted.

News Comments > No Fable III Windows Demo
3. Re: No Fable III Windows Demo May 11, 2011, 15:26 Icewind

Fable 1 was semi-decent. Somewhat dumbed down over a standard RPG.

Fable 2 was a shredded, dumbed down version of Fable 1, making it nothing but a very easy bare-bones action RPG with a very small and non-interactive world.

Fable 3, from what I've seen, is an even more dumbed down version of Fable 2.

Pass.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack Next Week
4. Re: Crysis 2 Retaliation Map Pack Next Week May 10, 2011, 12:14 Icewind

Map packs? No single player story DLC to fix the stupid anti-climactic ending or lack of a boss fight?

HAHAHAHHA

No.

News Comments > Piranha Bytes on Gothic and JoWooD
3. Re: Piranha Bytes on Gothic and JoWooD May 6, 2011, 17:54 Icewind

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2011, 16:49:
Whilst Risen and Gothic 2 weren't bad, it just amazes me they really don't come close to how good Gothic was.

G1 was your favorite? I don't see many people saying that, but I can't blame you since it wasn't as ball-bustingly hard as G2 and good equipment was extremely easy to find/glitch early.

My list is this:

Gothic 2 > Gothic 1 > Risen > Gothic 3

I think Gothic 2 was a much more complete game than 1. Larger world, tougher monsters, harder to get equipment.

Of course in Gold they messed it all up by letting you grab the Master Sword right in the beginning and letting you dominate everything for the first 4 chapters with a 110 damage sword that only needed 60dex.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 4, 2011, 03:50 Icewind

8GB would kill it's ability to use DLC...and DLC is basically all this console generation runs on anymore.

One step forward, two steps back.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2011, 13:54 Icewind

Time for the jaded Bluesnews.com wannabe poser gamers to stop kissing their country's butt, dude.  

News Comments > Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch
1. Re: Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch May 1, 2011, 13:51 Icewind

I'm glad to see this. Long ago I grew tired of deathmatch. I would much rather do coop with friends than play competitively against a bunch of randoms.

Everyday I hear about Rage I like it more and more. It's like a more FPS-centric Borderlands.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2011, 12:56 Icewind

nin wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 10:40:

As someone who couldn't care less about sports, I'm not sure which would be more torturous to watch.

What kind of man are you that you don't like sports? Oh right, a gamer nerd. Sorry.

Also, regardless of whomever the gi-ANTS pick, they'll always lose two games a season to the Eagles.

News Comments > Diablo III in the "Home Stretch"
14. Re: Diablo III in the Apr 28, 2011, 12:27 Icewind

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 28, 2011, 11:32:
Diablo III will be out just in the nick of time for me to enjoy my 128 core China made UPU with 4320p Red-Ray resolution holograph projector, and 1TB of DDR5 system Ram, with unlimited Google storage over Fiberoptic channel 100GBethernet unlimiband ISP. Still with Keyboard and Mouse, and that suits me just fine!

mid 2012 at Earliest, the race is on, will we live to see the day of D3 install.exe past 05/21 ? You decide!

You know, when PCs get to the point when we have 1TB of RAM as a middle-of-the-road standard sort of figure, we'll probably have consoles getting by with 250GB of it and we'll still be playing second fiddle to the poor boy machines.

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
7. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Apr 28, 2011, 04:03 Icewind

I just bought a 6950 last month and I'm running the 11.2 without a problem. After hearing about an earlier poster here having BSODs, I'm going to pass.

Finding a decent driver for my ATI cards has always been hit-or-miss. Whenever I find a decent one I hang onto it like it was the last lifeboat on the Titanic.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 27, 2011, 01:34 Icewind

I use totally different passwords for everything I register, so I'm not concerned. The live.com address I had tied to my PSN has a completely different password so good luck on getting that.

As for my CC #'s, I wasn't sure which of my two I used so I just closed them both tonight and asked for new ones. Just means I'll be paying with checks for the next 5-7 business days.

From now on though I'll be using pre-paid cards to buy stuff on PSN.

1449 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo